GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the youngest person on the jury was late 30s or 40s and was the foreperson. She was holding hands with the women next to her in their 50s or 60s. I would've felt better about this verdict if they had taken longer. But the fact that not a single person put up a fight for a guilty verdict on the serious charges is troubling to me. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Early verdict usually means conviction. Anyone agree?

No. I think the verdict is what we all expect, and it was confirmed by the jurors question.

The guilty verdict of abuse of corpse was only a verdict for the "outraged community sensibilities" -- and not the family.

By the defendant's actions - the evidence to convict her was decomposed and deteriorated.

MOO

She been on house arrest with an ankle monitor for two years. Just from what I’ve read, and my own opinion, she goes on neighborhoods walks, she attends her brothers football games, she attends community college part time, she works part-time at her lawyers office and she’s been seen out at restaurants going to dinner with her dad.

JMO

Last edited:
So this is a felony? One that for the rest of her life she will have to answer on any job application if she has been convicted of a felony, and then she has to write "abuse of a corpse"?

I think so based on this. A fifth degree felony if this source is accurate:

Lawriter - ORC - 2927.01 Abuse of a corpse.
2927.01 Abuse of a corpse.

(A) No person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that the person knows would outrage reasonable family sensibilities.

(B) No person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable community sensibilities.

(C) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of abuse of a corpse, a misdemeanor of the second degree. Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of gross abuse of a corpse, a felony of the fifth degree.”

But I don’t know whether she was charged with a misdemeanor or felony for the abuse.

I think she won't get more time than the night she's spending in jail.
I hope the child’s father Trey Johnson has family members who will give victim statements. His mother has been in court every day sobbing. That was her granddaughter that wasn’t given a chance at life. I hope they ask the judge to consider that.

ITA. I think the jury had to be offended at how the interrogators withheld the baby's body from the grandfather who wanted to provide a proper burial.

I hope BSR is finally provided the mental health services she so desperately needs.

JMO
There was no body and Skylar made sure of that.

I am not 100% sure I think the bones may have been considered evidence and could not be released. imo

I think its unrealistic to assume Skyler is going to go off to college now, and have a blast (and so what if she does, let her smile maybe laugh, hell). Shes been made out to be a monster, I think the prosecution tried her in court if public opinion in their press conference by announcing she burned her baby, they never backpedaled or reassessed the situation once they did find out there was NO charred remains and NO proof of excelerant. They steamed straight ahead for her. If she does go to college, she deserves to go to college, it's her right & the best thing she can do for herself. She was found not guilty of murder or harming her baby, not guilty of neglect and the jury added a note stating they dont believe she harmed her baby either and I believe that says alot. (They werent required to add that opinion)
Her peers have spoken she did not murder or neglect Annabel.
I think she's been through enough, I think her family has suffered with her and I hope she remains on house arrest for her safety a bit longer and then probation for a time with court ordered psychiatric care at her expense. I hope she doesnt get a day in jail, hate me if ya like. She should change her name & move away and be the best person she can be moving forward and away from very poor choice and toxic family. But not before requesting her baby's remains be returned so she can bury her in the plot her family has for her.
Edited: "mess" was not a good word choice but neither are many of them in my opinion here, grammatical errors aside it's IMOO

Last edited:
Yep, I predict probation and she starts college in the spring. Off to the next phase of her life!
Assuming she can recover from the visibly precarious physical state her eating disorder has her in currently. Not saying this is impossible or even unlikely, I just think she's got a lot of work to do if she wants to take the opportunity at the second chance at life she's just been handed.

There was no body and Skylar made sure of that.

I am not 100% sure I think the bones may have been considered evidence and could not be released. imo
At the time of the two interrogations, they weren't finished with all their testing IMO.

I think its unrealistic to assume Skyler is going to go off to college now, and have a blast (and so what if she does, let her smile maybe laugh, hell). Shes been made out to be a monster, I think the prosecution tried her in court if public opinion in their press conference by announcing she burned her baby, they never backpedaled or reassessed the situation once they did find out there was NO charred remains and NO proof of excelerant. They steamed straight ahead for her. If she does go to college, she deserves to go to college, it's her right & the best thing she can do for herself. She was found not guilty of murder or harming her baby, not guilty of neglect and the jury added a note stating they dont believe she harmed her baby either and I believe that says alot. (They werent required to add that opinion)
I think she's been through enough, I think her family has suffered with her and I hope she remains on house arrest for her safety a bit longer and then probation for a time with court ordered psychiatric care at her expense. I hope she doesnt get a day in jail, hate me if ya like. She should change her name & move away and be the best person she can be moving forward and away from this mess. But not before requesting her baby's remains be returned so she can bury her in the plot her family has for her.

I applaud you.

She been on house arrest with an ankle monitor for two years. Just from what I’ve read, and my own opinion, she goes on neighborhoods walks, she attends her brothers football games, she attends community college part time, she works part-time at her lawyers office and she’s been seen out at restaurants going to dinner with her dad.

JMO
Yes and she had a curfew of 9 pm. Not exactly really like being in jail. So not time served as she has had freedom on the outside. imo

Hmmmmmm, finally? She has been out on bond for 2 years, did she have to wait until now to get some? And her parents and her not been in counseling, and her younger brother? This is a rhetorical question that cannot be answered as it would be considered sleuthing family, just an emotional dump.
Nobody can force an adult to get into counseling just as nobody can force a pregnant woman to obtain prenatal care.

Now that BSR has been convicted of a felony, I hope the court sentence includes a complete mental health evaluation because it is obvious she needs help.

JMO

I hope the child’s father Trey Johnson has family members who will give victim statements. His mother has been in court every day sobbing. That was her granddaughter that wasn’t given a chance at life. I hope they ask the judge to consider that.

The jury reached the verdicts they did because they did not believe the baby was born alive. It would be completely inappropriate for Tre's mother to stand up in court and to declare herself-or Tre- a victim. And I'm guessing that Tre wouldn't want her to. Every part of this process, including having details of his sex life broadcast to the world, probably has been painful enough for him.

I think she's been through enough, I think her family has suffered with her and I hope she remains on house arrest for her safety a bit longer and then probation for a time with court ordered psychiatric care at her expense. I hope she doesnt get a day in jail, hate me if ya like. She should change her name & move away and be the best person she can be moving forward and away from very poor choice and toxic family. But not before requesting her baby's remains be returned so she can bury her in the plot her family has for her.
Edited: "mess" was not a good word choice but neither are many of them in my opinion here, grammatical errors aside it's IMOO

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member