Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRR's defence has a scheduling conflict, she's due to defend another case starting on 1st October.

NOTICE OF SCHEDULING CONFLICT

COMES NOW, the undersigned counsel for above named Defendant pursuant to Twentieth Circuit Administrative Order 2.10 and hereby gives notice that:

1. The undersigned attorney is currently scheduled to begin trial in this case on or about October 1, 2019.

2. The undersigned attorney is also scheduled to begin trial on October 1, 2019 in the Second Degree Murder case of State V. Kerome Brown 18CF17319

3. A.O. 2.10 dictates the presiding judges confer and determine priorities based on the factors laid out in the administrative order.

4. The undersigned attorney requests the judges confer and prioritize the cases bearing in mind that the attorney is required to be in both trials for the duration of the trial when court is in session.

Notice of Scheduling Conflict.pdf

Same source as always:
https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search

JRR's defence has a scheduling conflict, she's due to defend another case starting on 1st October.

rsbm I understand dates are pencilled in. I'm wondering how it's possible for both dates still to be booked at this stage in the game, though, twelve court days from trial. Surely the Judge would smack that down. Or am I being totally unrealistic here?

rsbm I understand dates are pencilled in. I'm wondering how it's possible for both dates still to be booked at this stage in the game, though, twelve court days from trial. Surely the Judge would smack that down. Or am I being totally unrealistic here?
SCOTANG I don't think you are being unrealistic, at all! It would make sense the cases that are the "oldest" should go to be trial first. Just from the stand point of not keeping an accused in jail for years waiting for a trial, especially if the case is weak. I have been watching the demeanor of the judge, and he is ready to lose his patience on all these delays. (I wouldn't be looking to test the judge's patience right now, IYKWIM.) He has a courtroom to run, it is a high profile case and the attorneys have literally had "years" to prepare a defense. (Please realize, when I write "high profile" I feel the precious lives of victims on all WS cases should be high profile, too. All victims deserve justice.) Excuse my awkward post.... there is too much violence, and too many delays.

Both have "pending" motions - no idea what they are - not published yet. Don't know "what" was granted or denied....

Rodgers:

09/11/2019 Motion To Continue Filed 4
09/13/2019 Order Denying Motion Filed 3

link: https://matrix.leeclerk.org/CaseDetails?caseId=252589931&caseIdEnc=vujCbRzZDZCXHBnvnT2PaLaI/IaHGhQXoKOkzX0Igt3OfylVwLbCiLXg3awAPcgRU01CXQFWwtqPEvB5mwJpSg==

Wondering if motion to continue is the one denied??

Sievers:

09/12/2019 State Response to Motion Filed 2
09/13/2019 Order Granting Motion Filed 2
09/13/2019 Order Denying Motion Filed 2
09/13/2019 Order Granting Motion Filed

link: https://matrix.leeclerk.org/CaseDetails?caseId=252673772&caseIdEnc=zeQ8p9AUSPltUEkSUqR+sRhxwPQdciLwBRhrLuP+679BFMSr/jMKcnQm4R+uzSGQfRxn92wMVoUBtDMWZ/yLmQ==

Greetings all! Good catching up here as it’s been a while. As Dmacky said, “real life and it’s problems”. Good seeing all here. Wondering about trial timing as to an outcome depending on who goes first... OMG, IQuestion... that murder for hire Hood case! Will be following closer since 10/1 somewhat resembles a Christmas Day for us here vs a bad Trick or Treat for JRR and MS. Yes, I think the Judge has had with the games.

I’ve followed a sad case here in my home town... influenced by ‘the powers that be’—the case is on here but scant information as it’s been silenced & shut down repeatedly since it happened in 1977. Never loose hope though, never give up!

Greetings all! Good catching up here as it’s been a while. As Dmacky said, “real life and it’s problems”. Good seeing all here. Wondering about trial timing as to an outcome depending on who goes first... OMG, IQuestion... that murder for hire Hood case! Will be following closer since 10/1 somewhat resembles a Christmas Day for us here vs a bad Trick or Treat for JRR and MS. Yes, I think the Judge has had with the games.

I’ve followed a sad case here in my home town... influenced by ‘the powers that be’—the case is on here but scant information as it’s been silenced & shut down repeatedly since it happened in 1977. Never loose hope though, never give up!
what case? I am intrigued....

Hi everyone!
I'm going on Holiday (back to California!!) from 9/18 thru 10/2 - and would like to keep up with this case.

There have been NO changes or additions to the court site on either case this morning.

So - you need to keep "good" notes on what is happening! LOL! :)

I'm not taking my laptop - so am going to be WAY behind on a LOT of cases on WS! :eek: :rolleyes:

O'Mama, :)The case was on one of my posts a couple of days ago. I just copied the post and brought forward, ok?:) I considered buying Camp Nelson, years after James Hood was convicted. It was put up for sale at a really, really low price. (Did not know the backstory or why the low price at the time.) The case is infinitely fascinating in that the "hitman" was acquitted. He could never be tried again for the murder of Bonnie. But, never lose faith in the power of ultimate justice.:D:D:D

"MSJOSIE...WOW! Thank you for the info on all the current motions. Hmmm, sounds like the judge is 'pushing a little harder' to get the defense attorneys to ready for a trial. Frankly 4000 pages of DNA evidence....doesn't really matter, as long as JRR's DNA is present at the crime scene, IMO....or DNA from Teresa is on his clothing and items recovered in Missouri! (On his shoes, overalls, gloves, weapon etc.)
A couple of months ago I did some research on a murder for hire case. James Hood hired a "hitman/construction employee" to kill his wife, Bonnie Hood. The "hitman" went on trial first....and was ACQUITTED!!! (I kid you not) So James Hood was not tried for the murder of his wife. But wait for this... A year later, the hitman showed up at James Hood's office demanding more money and James Hood shot him to death. James Hood was sentenced to life in prison for the killing of the hitman. Sometimes justice eventually finds its way, huh?
On a side note: I think CWW will eventually be found guilty in Ronnie Bolin's case. (adding link to Hood conclusion)
Newport Beach Developer Gets 29-to-Life Term : Courts: In second trial, prosecutors convince jury that Jim Hood killed the man he had hired to murder his wife.

Hi everyone!
I'm going on Holiday (back to California!!) from 9/18 thru 10/2 - and would like to keep up with this case.

There have been NO changes or additions to the court site on either case this morning.

So - you need to keep "good" notes on what is happening! LOL! :)

I'm not taking my laptop - so am going to be WAY behind on a LOT of cases on WS! :eek: :rolleyes:
NINER Let me be the first to selfishly say, "You must take your laptop with you, because we will miss you!!!" Welcome back to California, if only for two weeks.

NINER Let me be the first to selfishly say, "You must take your laptop with you, because we will miss you!!!" Welcome back to California, if only for two weeks.

Sorry - too many pounds.... :( I know I'm going to be overweight coming back. And thanks for the Welcome! I truly miss California after living there for 65 years!!
I'll peek in around 9/25 or so! :)

Just checked the court site - only these are new. Trial date is still Oct. 1 for both. And can't read - yet - "what" the objections were pertaining to.

Sievers:
09/16/2019 Order Filed

Denying Objection

link: https://matrix.leeclerk.org/CaseDet...d0E7wHkcM65Nv1ry6Ioy76Ro32/Vv+Vq7l01N+kr9+A==

Rodgers - don't know how much I copied last time - no time to look back! LOL!

09/11/2019 Motion To Continue Filed 4

09/12/2019 Notice Filed 2

09/13/2019 Order Denying Motion Filed 3

09/16/2019 Order Denying Motion Filed 2

09/16/2019 Order Filed

Denying Objection

link: https://matrix.leeclerk.org/CaseDet...OGpaPNpelfPEj1/MX0hUU3CSo6xp05UHqWmkNYoSjZw==

Hey Oregonmama... it’s under ‘Missing but not forgotten Discussion’, KY - Melanie Flynn, 24, Lexington, 25 Jan 1977. “The Bluegrass Conspiracy”, by Sally Denton, has a lot about her disappearance. Melanie’s case has been reopened before only to get shut down again & again. Several involved have passed away but there are still those living who know what happened & where her remains are. I pray for closure for her family.

Hey Oregonmama... it’s under ‘Missing but not forgotten Discussion’, KY - Melanie Flynn, 24, Lexington, 25 Jan 1977. “The Bluegrass Conspiracy”, by Sally Denton, has a lot about her disappearance. Melanie’s case has been reopened before only to get shut down again & again. Several involved have passed away but there are still those living who know what happened & where her remains are. I pray for closure for her family.
Ooh, interesting.

I googled the book and I recognise the name Drew Thornton, he came up in another missing persons thread.

DT wasn't directly linked to the missing person, but the man he was working for was named in the FBI files which are out there. (I can find links if you haven't seem them.)

Going to go and read Melanie's thread.

Ooh, interesting.

I googled the book and I recognise the name Drew Thornton, he came up in another missing persons thread.

DT wasn't directly linked to the missing person, but the man he was working for was named in the FBI files which are out there.

Melanie was one of two young woman who disappeared but many were involved in this entire BGC. See ya on that case thread!

Thanks! I read the thread and some of the stories. Bone chilling stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard