CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like this case will go to trial next year which has to be a good think because the current situation with no plea and the defendant being held for months on end is not really satisfactory for his family and I feel sorry for his three daughters or for the victims and victims relatives and of course they deserve justice:

Golden State Killer case to go to trial next year
I can't see where this page says it will go to trial next year, just in the title. The rest is what has been reported, he will be back in court next year.

I can't see where this page says it will go to trial next year, just in the title. The rest is what has been reported, he will be back in court next year.

I agree with you but posted it for people to look at and also it is an example of how the Press often reports thinks slightly wrongly as some of them do not always know that much about it. Some of course not all.

Right. It would be miraculous if they could bring this case to trial next year. I often wonder why they don’t pick their strongest case and try him quickly on it first. He could feasibly die of old age in county jail before the first day of trial.

Right. It would be miraculous if they could bring this case to trial next year. I often wonder why they don’t pick their strongest case and try him quickly on it first. He could feasibly die of old age in county jail before the first day of trial.
He's apparently trying to starve himself to death.

Well, he's already in solitary in the most secure unit of the jail--moving him to Folsom wouldn't be all that different. I think this is all we're going to get--at least for possibly the next few years.

Well, he's already in solitary in the most secure unit of the jail--moving him to Folsom wouldn't be all that different. I think this is all we're going to get--at least for possibly the next few years.
Are you talking about Folsom State Prison?

I've never heard of someone being sent to state prison before their trial. JMO

I meant if they hurried up and had the trial and he was sent to prison. Assuming the death penalty I believe it's Folsom or San Quentin (or at least used to be.)
Death row in California is at San Quentin. The only thing is that Governor Newsom has put a moratorium on the death penalty in California.

He can't change the death penalty law so most county DA's are still prosecuting cases as if the death penalty is in affect. This case is one of those.

Gov. Gavin Newsom Suspends Death Penalty In California

The action suspends any further executions in California as long as Newsom is governor. But only California voters can repeal the death penalty, something they rejected narrowly three years ago.
Gov. Gavin Newsom Suspends Death Penalty In California

California stopped using the death penalty many years ago when someone filed a lawsuit that giving the shot was "cruel and unusual punishment." (But mandating 38 vaccinations for small children isn't.)

Gov. Newsom has gone further than just suspend the death penalty--he ordered that the entire area be torn down and hauled away. So even if it magically changed, there's no actual place to carry it out.

California stopped using the death penalty many years ago when someone filed a lawsuit that giving the shot was "cruel and unusual punishment." (But mandating 38 vaccinations for small children isn't.)

Gov. Newsom has gone further than just suspend the death penalty--he ordered that the entire area be torn down and hauled away. So even if it magically changed, there's no actual place to carry it out.
If lethal injection is "cruel and unusual" they could bring back hanging or firing squad...
Problem solved...

Here is a report about Paul Holes knew television series:

Who Is Paul Holes, The True Crime Fan Favorite Who Helped Capture The Golden State Killer Suspect?

Here is part of the report:

Crime fans will also get an in-depth look at just how Holes approaches a murder scene through his new show, “The DNA of a Murder,” premiering Oct. 12 on Oxygen.

“This is a concept that I kind of developed with the production company and it’s the way that I work with cases,” he told Oxygen.com at CrimeCon this summer. “You know, with ‘The DNA of Murder,’ I am actually going into law enforcement agencies that have unsolved cases and bringing my expertise and experience to try to see if we can’t help them get the cases solved.”

The projects have given new life to the investigator, who said he found himself searching for his next purpose after D’Angelo was arrested shortly after Holes retired.

Who Is Paul Holes, The True Crime Fan Favorite Who Helped Capture The Golden State Killer Suspect?

Crime fans will also get an in-depth look at just how Holes approaches a murder scene through his new show, “The DNA of a Murder,” premiering Oct. 12 on Oxygen.

“This is a concept that I kind of developed with the production company and it’s the way that I work with cases,” he told Oxygen.com at CrimeCon this summer. “You know, with ‘The DNA of Murder,’ I am actually going into law enforcement agencies that have unsolved cases and bringing my expertise and experience to try to see if we can’t help them get the cases solved.”

The projects have given new life to the investigator, who said he found himself searching for his next purpose after D’Angelo was arrested shortly after Holes retired.

If I can I just want to share another part of the above report:

Holes helped write DeAngelo’s arrest warrant, finally bringing some measure of closure to a case that had haunted him for decades.

The day of DeAngelo’s arrest, Holes got a call from one of the Golden State Killer’s rape victims asking whether investigators had really found their man. Holes was able to tell her that he believed they had.

“To me, that’s the ultimate reward,” he told The Mercury News in 2018. “To make these victims feel safe and to get this guy who is the epitome of evil and end his life as he knows it.”

DeAngelo has been arrested and is currently awaiting trial.

He should let viewers vote for the cold cases that they want solved by DNA.

WSers would certainly have a few suggestions for him!

This is an older video but I want to post it because people may find it interesting. It is about the photos that where taken of the suspect in this case Mr DeAngelo and features retired LE Officer Paul Holes commenting on it:

Of course perhaps a sensitive subject but the offender was described as having a small male organ but many victims. Here is an interesting page with descriptions of the offender and Sacramento LE are certain this suspect was Mr DeAngelo based on their genetic genealogy DNA evidence:

The wife told investigators that her rapist had a small penis, but he was very thick. This surprised her primarily because of hearing other victims describe how under-endowed he was. She also mentioned his legs being white with light-colored hair.

The East Area Rapist – Part 5

Last edited:
If I can I just want to share another part of the above report:

Holes helped write DeAngelo’s arrest warrant, finally bringing some measure of closure to a case that had haunted him for decades.

The day of DeAngelo’s arrest, Holes got a call from one of the Golden State Killer’s rape victims asking whether investigators had really found their man. Holes was able to tell her that he believed they had.

“To me, that’s the ultimate reward,” he told The Mercury News in 2018. “To make these victims feel safe and to get this guy who is the epitome of evil and end his life as he knows it.”

DeAngelo has been arrested and is currently awaiting trial.

Here is a clip from Paul Holes new TV Series where he attempts to solve more crimes after identifying Joseph James DeAngelo as the offender in the Golden State Killer case:

Here is a clip from Paul Holes new TV Series where he attempts to solve more crimes after identifying Joseph James DeAngelo as the offender in the Golden State Killer case:

Paul Holes didn't identify DeAngelo as the Golden State Killer though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675