CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q should really be a cop because he's completely CLEWLESS

The Man in the Window: First the burglaries; then the dogs started dying (Part Two)

"...ABOUT THIS STORY

The news in April 2018 that California law enforcement declared the Golden State Killer case solved after 44 years with the arrest of a retired truck mechanic marked the beginning of a very long investigation by the Los Angeles Times that culminates in this special report. It draws on firsthand accounts of crime victims, case detectives, neighbors and family members of the man accused of 13 murders and blamed for 50 rapes and sexual assaults. Those narratives are bolstered by confidential documents, court records, and newspaper, radio and television archives housed at libraries and public history centers across the state. Experts in forensic psychology and rape provided context and explanation.

The Times is especially grateful to the women who agreed to tell their stories, in the hope that it would shed greater light on the struggles of women everywhere who were raped at a time when victims of sexual assault were stigmatized or expected to overcome their trauma with little support or expectation of justice."

The Man in the Window: First the burglaries; then the dogs started dying (Part Two)
---

The Man in the Window: The attacker lingered in houses as he raped, tortured women (Part Three)

The Man in the Window: The attacker lingered in houses as he raped, tortured women (Part Three)
---

The Man in the Window: Closing in on DeAngelo (Part Four)

"This is the last of a four-part series..."

The Man in the Window: Closing in on DeAngelo (Part Four)

Exactly, well explained.

Yes, and in this case, one of the possible suspects (DeAngelo) had his DNA lifted from a car door handle (at Hobby Lobby) and it was a 100% match with the DNA from the semen in the rape of Mrs. Smith.

Here is an interview with a woman who claims to be a victim of the Golden State Killer. I do not know but I have read there are some doubts about the validity of her story but I do not know:

I think there are likely more victims because the profiler Leslie D'Ambrosia used to say it was unlikely he would be able to stop (although she had seemed to reversed her opinion in the HLN documentary after the arrest of Joseph DeAngelo) as it is quite a crime spree to start in your thirties and then stop in your forties and because of this I think there are likely more victims and the lady above may be one. Larry Crompton has also said that every psychologist he had spoken to did not think this offender would be able to stop as it was his compulsion:

Psychological profile of EAR/ONS. | The East Area Rapist (EAR) Original Night Stalker (ONS) Golden State Killer

There were many theories in this case and most of were wrong. Here is a theory from another site. Way off I think as about Baseball. I was wrong myself and I have to admit I thought EAR/ONS was more English than I am that was my theory but I was wrong. Sorry to admit I was also wrong because I cannot stand American sports:)

Wonky Side Baseball Theory : EARONS

This theory was wrong but so was I:

I've been thinking that some victims might have been picked out at local baseball fields. Even though in the past I thought he didn't pick the victim but probably picked the neighborhood and stalked and peeped until he found what he wanted.

As a dad in a baseball family, there are a lot of freaking hot ladies at baseball games wearing short shorts and what not with tanned legs in the summertime.

Now, I've been thinking baseball moms, aunts, daughters and such. I'm wondering what others think.

I'm not being sarcastic. It's a serious question. I know there are a lot of locals on here. I thought maybe some that knew victims would comment on if the victim was involved in baseball.

james-joseph-deangelo-Auburn-police-sacramento.jpg

Thursday, August 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:35pm PT) - CA - Katie (20) & Brian (21) Maggiore (Feb. 2, 1978 in Rancho Cordova) - *Joseph James DeAngelo (72/32 @ time of crime) (East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer) - arrested (4/24/18) & formally charged (4/27/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder with special enhancements for burglary and rape; did not enter plea. Sacramento County.
Relative's (Great-great-great grandfather’s) DNA from genealogy website (GEDMatch).
8/22/18 Update: amended complaint also includes 13 new charges of kidnapping to commit robbery, with sentencing enhancements for using a firearm and a knife during those alleged crimes. Nine in Sacramento and four in Contra Costa County-stemming from sexual assaults.
4/27/18 Update: charged in Ventura County of 2 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances for being a double homicide in the deaths of Charlene (33) & Lyman (43) Smith on 3/13/80 in Ventura.
5/10/18 Update: charged in Santa Barbara County of the 4 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances, where investigators believe he killed Dr. Robert Offerman (44) & Dr. Debra Alexandria Manning (35) on December 30, 1979 and Cheri Domingo (35) & Gregory Sanchez (27) on July 27, 1981, all in Goleta. Each carries a possible sentence of death or life in prison without parole.
5/11/18 Update: charged in Orange County with 4 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances. Patrice Harrington (28) & Keith Harrington (24) on 8/19/80 in Dana Point, Manuela Witthuhn (21) on 2/26/81 in Irvine & Janelle Lisa Cruz (18) on 5/4/86 in Irvine.
8/13/18 Update: charged in Tulare County with 1 count of 1st degree murder with use of a firearm in the death of Claude Snelling (45) (Sept. 11, 1975) in Visalia.
Total 13 counts of 1st degree murder plus:
All will be tried in Sacramento County: charged with 13 counts of murder with special circumstances, including murder committed during the course of a burglary and rape. The amended complaint also includes 13 new charges of kidnapping to commit robbery, with sentencing enhancements for using a firearm and a knife during those alleged crimes.

Court hearings from 5/2/18 to 12/6/18 reference post #865 here:
CA - CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

4/10/19 Update: Prosecutors from 4 counties (Orange, Santa Barbara, Sacramento and Ventura) announced their decision one after another Wednesday during a brief court hearing for DeAngelo to seek the death penalty. Defense attorneys argued for no cameras in the courtroom, Judge denies request. He has yet to enter a plea on 26 charges. Next court date 8/22/19.
His mayhem touched 10 counties, and he was variously called the East Area Rapist, Original Nightstalker, Diamond Knot Killer and Visalia Ransacker before authorities discovered that the various strings of crimes appeared to be the work of a single man. responsible for 12 homicides, 45 rapes, and 120 home burglaries between 1974 and 1986, when his crimes appeared to mysteriously end. In 2001, DNA evidence linked the East Area Rapist and Original Nightstalker cases.

I'm not finding any live feeds on the hearing. They're all covering the Bernie Sanders rallies in Chico and Sacramento today. :(

I'm not finding any live feeds on the hearing. They're all covering the Bernie Sanders rallies in Chico and Sacramento today. :(
It was probably just another 2 minute status conference that was continued yet again. The authorities have said it will take several years to try him. They do these type of hearings every x amount of months where the Judge sees if the parties are ready but just continues it if they are not. The media will definitely be told when they decide to actually have a hearing where he enters a plea. That will be the first step to trial which will then take another 1-2 years.

Last edited:
Although DeAngelo was in court for less than two minutes, Carole says it’s important for her to be here.

“It’s worth it for me because I write about it and I care about it and it’s my way of chronicling something that has been a huge part of my life,” she said. “So it’s my way of staying in touch with it. I know for some of the victims it is satisfying to see that he is still locked up and that he’s being held accountable.”

Carole said prosecutors asked the families to arrive to court early today. “They did let us know that the discovery is almost done.”

But discovery, the procedure where attorneys on both sides sort through the evidence, is why DeAngelo’s attorney says today’s hearing was continued until next year.

“We’re continuing the case today because of the volumes of discovery that we’re receiving, and it's taking a long time to get through it,” Diane Howard said.

Attorneys are expected to call more than 200 witnesses and rely on thousands of pieces of evidence.

It could be years before the case is brought to trial.

DeAngelo is due back in court Jan. 22, 2020.
East Area Rapist case continued to early 2020

Here is a video report about the recent court appearance:

Here is an interview with one of the murder victims daughter:

I want to share a blog entry by the one of the victims daughter shown in the above video. I have to say to me the victims relatives and the victims relatives from an observer some way away always come across with great diginity:

Court Date: August 22, 2019 | DeAngelo Withers Away

Golden State Killer/East Area Rapist suspect in court as his lawyers call for long delay (with clip)

AUGUST 22, 2019

"A gaunt Joseph DeAngelo returned to a Sacramento courtroom Thursday, accused in the slew of rapes and murders that terrorized California in the 1970s and 1980s.

The Golden State Killer/East Area Rapist suspect appeared at a status hearing during which his legal team called for a long delay as they dig into the mountainous evidence amassed so far....

DeAngelo’s next appearance in Sacramento Superior Court was scheduled for Jan. 22...."

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article234280297.html

It looks like this case will go to trial next year which has to be a good think because the current situation with no plea and the defendant being held for months on end is not really satisfactory for his family and I feel sorry for his three daughters or for the victims and victims relatives and of course they deserve justice:

Golden State Killer case to go to trial next year

It looks like this case will go to trial next year which has to be a good think because the current situation with no plea and the defendant being held for months on end is not really satisfactory for his family and I feel sorry for his three daughters or for the victims and victims relatives and of course they deserve justice:

Golden State Killer case to go to trial next year

I am likely to be banned for this but the only reason I have not been banned before is because of FBI Agents who care about what is right or wrong. But even in saying this if Mr DeAngelo lawyers are looking as he in my opinion is being used as a scapegoat in these crimes. This is morally wrong and the FBI are willing to risk his life to cover up their mistakes and other LE. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member