GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I heard PC (witness) say they went on for hours cleaning the truck on video? What point will the pros stop the video? I wonder if there is something on there we are waiting to see/hear??

EDITED: corrected witness initials

NL: The State rests.
Judge Dennis: Defense, call your first witness.
Defense: Is it too late for a plea deal?
Courtroom: HAHAHAHA!

Sorry, the silence in the wake of this new info, and me picturing them out there cleaning that truck, is making me crazy. Obviously, this did not just happen.

I hope Ashley is arrested.
I have a feeling they've had this evidence for a while and don't have enough to charge any other family members or they probably would have. Who better to break than someone caught up in something they didn't do? Especially this boyfriend of AC helping to clean. I can guarantee you they've questioned him. Maybe he'll be a witness called?

SM and TM both had to know about the existence of this video, right? Or did they think they deleted it? I'm still in shock a bit, but like TTF14 said, I really really hope they call AC to testify.

They strike me as the type who think they are smarter than LE and erased this footage, but that's just conjecture on my point and JMO

I went back and listened to start of this part of questioning, and I'm still confused. The jury is gonna have questions about this. There's actual video of SM putting up a new camera system.....he was filming as he was installing I guess.

Of course they let them in the house, Heather was never in the house IMO - the truck, oops they had no keys to get in!!! then washed it extensively, burned rags - then they were allowed to search the truck ... defense, shut up!!

Okay, when PC went to the home on the 20th, he didn't have a warrant. TM let him come inside the house and take photos. She refused to let him in the truck. The truck was cleaned after that. The warrant was issued and served on December 28th, after the truck was cleaned. They also went to collect the surveillance footage and were told this was a new system. PC states the old system likely had more helpful information on it. He also said the degree to which the truck was cleaned would have gotten rid of all DNA. He also said he could've pulled DNA from the rags they used to clean it, but those were burned.

Cross:

JB is asking PC why one of the several officers on the scene didn't sneak out of TM's view to take pics of the security cameras.
JB states they didn't have a warrant, and they were just looking for a missing person, doing a cursory review of the home, PTL, Heather's apartment, etc.
He didn't think, at that point, he could express enough to get a search warrant.
He let the detectives know he saw the cameras.

These cross examinations are painful. I'm hoping this guy shuts him down when he keeps asking why they didn't get a search warrant when they were there. He's told him that wasn't his job. Good lord, now we're back to "Did you search the home of Steven Shiraldi?" They have nothing but the assertion that no one else was investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde