GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will also see AC’s boyfriend. Question remains will that be for the State or for the Defense?
I keep thinking prosecution strategy re: AC and her boyfriend testifying. The cousin, DD, may be called but he would have to be excellent the way he was last time with no deals or considerations on the table if he is facing any legal issues. Each of the pros. witnesses have been very well prepared by the team. You can tell.

If they have AC testify for pros, she is hostile and they would have to control her every word. Controlling her might not read well to the jury. They would have to weigh her value. If she looks like she is covering up for Sidney or lying, it goes in their favor if they can keep down the cost of the jury thinking she is telling some truth. If she knew anything regarding the truck, she would have to take the 5th which would be good for the pros. I would imagine, if she is on their potential list, that she has been very nervous this weekend and can get little assurance from TM.

If they have the bf testify, he will be a wildcard. They would have known how he is based on any prep that they did with him. If he is hostile, then, they might run into a problem with him. If he and Ashley corroborate each other's testimony and it is counter to the pros., then they have an issue with the jury getting confused.

I think DD will be good if he testifies about the photo. Because it was SM who showed him the photo, the pros. will be able to be more specific than they were at previous trial.

I have really been sitting here thinking about this. I can’t help but think that the new video evidence was entered this time for a bigger purpose. I don’t think we’ve heard the last of it. I have to wonder if it was introduced Friday to lead to pretty incriminating testimony by 1 of the 3 people caught on that video.
Both AC and AC’s boyfriend could now be facing serious charges With this new evidence potentially linking them to the crime. I have to wonder if one of them has struck a deal for immunity. Particularly the boyfriend who has no obligation of loyalty to any of the M’s/C’s.
Then there is Tammy. With the new video and her already spending most if not all of her remaining life behind bars is it all that was needed for her to come forward, strike a deal for immunity in a murder charge and come clean?
I do think we will see 1 of these 3 as a witness to the State. At least I hope so. MOO

I have really been sitting here thinking about this. I can’t help but think that the new video evidence was entered this time for a bigger purpose. I don’t think we’ve heard the last of it. I have to wonder if it was introduced Friday to lead to pretty incriminating testimony by 1 of the 3 people caught on that video.
Both AC and AC’s boyfriend could now be facing serious charges With this new evidence potentially linking them to the crime. I have to wonder if one of them has struck a deal for immunity. Particularly the boyfriend who has no obligation of loyalty to any of the M’s/C’s.
Then there is Tammy. With the new video and her already spending most if not all of her remaining life behind bars is it all that was needed for her to come forward, strike a deal for immunity in a murder charge and come clean?
I do think we will see 1 of these 3 as a witness to the State. At least I hope so. MOO

A pic just surfaced on social media of him with the fam eating dinner at a restaurant. He appears happy with the Caison Clan.

I keep thinking prosecution strategy re: AC and her boyfriend testifying. The cousin, DD, may be called but he would have to be excellent the way he was last time with no deals or considerations on the table if he is facing any legal issues. Each of the pros. witnesses have been very well prepared by the team. You can tell.

If they have AC testify for pros, she is hostile and they would have to control her every word. Controlling her might not read well to the jury. They would have to weigh her value. If she looks like she is covering up for Sidney or lying, it goes in their favor if they can keep down the cost of the jury thinking she is telling some truth. If she knew anything regarding the truck, she would have to take the 5th which would be good for the pros. I would imagine, if she is on their potential list, that she has been very nervous this weekend and can get little assurance from TM.

If they have the bf testify, he will be a wildcard. They would have known how he is based on any prep that they did with him. If he is hostile, then, they might run into a problem with him. If he and Ashley corroborate each other's testimony and it is counter to the pros., then they have an issue with the jury getting confused.

I think DD will be good if he testifies about the photo. Because it was SM who showed him the photo, the pros. will be able to be more specific than they were at previous trial.
DBM
A pic just surfaced on social media of him with the fam eating dinner at a restaurant. He appears happy with the Caison Clan.
True argument for who the dumbest one is of them all.

Since we were all shocked by that video on Friday, that the State seems to have had for years, I firmly believe they know a LOT more than they have divulged, including the whereabouts of Heather's body. I think there are three reasonable places it could be:

1. Longbeard's dumpster/at a landfill long before they even realized her phone had been there. No chance of recovery.
2. In the Atlantic ocean, taken by boat, no chance of recovery.
3. Buried on the Moorer/Caison property somewhere. If she's there, why haven't they torn apart the property yet? Wouldn't Tammy's kidnapping conviction been enough to get a warrant? Is there a reason why they're waiting for Sid's conviction to get a warrant if they believe she's there?

Regarding cousin Donald:

• In SM's first kidnapping trial, Donald did not testify.
  • In SM's obstruction trial, he testified SM showed him something on a phone that proved SM knew more about Heather's disappearance than he was saying. The solicitor stated she wasn't going to ask him what he saw (outside of scope?)
  • In TM's kidnapping trial, he testified that what he saw on SM's phone led him to believe Heather could not walk or talk and wouldn't be heard from again. He was, again, not asked to describe what he saw exactly. Was this because of the hearsay rule (remember SM's mom was not allowed to say what Sidney said to her at Christmas during Tammy's trial, because Sidney was not in the courtroom).
  • Will cousin Donald be allowed to say exactly what he saw on SM's phone during SM's trial since SM will be in the courtroom?

Here's an explanation of hearsay and what a "declarant" is. Hearsay in United States law - Wikipedia

Thoughts?

The truck washing and burn pile video (12/22/13)in conjunction with the old video system missing (gone as of 12/21/13) seems to be incredibly damning. I keep thinking of how the defense will play it all out beyond the very ineffective questioning of Lt. Cestare. I have no way to spin it.

The truck washing and burn pile video (12/22/13)in conjunction with the old video system missing (gone as of 12/21/13) seems to be incredibly damning. I keep thinking of how the defense will play it all out beyond the very ineffective questioning of Lt. Cestare. I have no way to spin it.
Agree. I think tampering with evidence should be added to the charges. IMO

I think they will just gloss over it in closing statements. "C'mon people, we know it's not a crime to wash your truck."

I think the only ones we can reasonably expect at this point are Polly and Christian. After Friday's video I don't see them calling Ashley or Tammy. I'm sure the defense team is really scrambling this weekend.....and probably drinking heavily.

I hope they do call Polly. That woman had 3 or 4 explanations of where the duo were that night. It wouldn't be hearsay either. She gave quite a few interviews to the media and then there's also statements on social media. I think she would be a worse witness than TM was.

I hope they do call Polly. That woman had 3 or 4 explanations of where the duo were that night. It wouldn't be hearsay either. She gave quite a few interviews to the media and then there's also statements on social media. I think she would be a worse witness than TM was.

This whole family has to be so embarrassed at how their character is finally being exposed. I can't even imagine how they can even live with themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa