GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been able to watch much this morning. I have to work, damnit! I did come in hearing the judge basically say Sid is guilty as sin.

Earlier I noticed that ole Sid has been going back into the holding room during breaks. I wonder if someone showed Judge Dennis the video of Sid yucking it up with his family. I hope so. That was unbelievable and so disrespectful and despicable.

I haven’t been able to watch much this morning. I have to work, damnit! I did come in hearing the judge basically say Sid is guilty as sin.

Earlier I noticed that ole Sid has been going back into the holding room during breaks. I wonder if someone showed Judge Dennis the video of Sid yucking it up with his family. I hope so. That was unbelievable and so disrespectful and despicable.

Oh I'm sure of it!!!

I feel so bad for Donald. He looked so ashamed. Heroin addict for last 6 years. We can all figure out what probably brought that on. It's pretty bad when the only honorable person in that family is a drug addict and criminal. I say that in no way to be insulting to Donald. The rest of the family should take some pointers from him. Poor guy. I feel so bad for him.

Me neither, I came in at the very end.

Can someone please recap DD's testimony? Was it good?

Here's who the defense called for Tammy's trial (along with a few funny comments I found in her threads):

-----------------------

Of course she's testifying. She's a Narcissist. This is her Superbowl. (@jillycat )

1. Christian Moorer (only briefly because his testimony was cut short and he was instead quizzed about what was happening in the sequestration room with regard to the live feed, and 5 witnesses were subsequently taken off the list).

First time McCollum and the Judge have ever dealt with this. Leave it to the Caisons/Moorers to set the bar to a new low. (@jash )

"You should have told your witnesses." I'm crushing so hard on Judge Culbertson. (@Surfside )

2. Ashley Caison

The Judge is so over this day. Nancy just objected and before she could even fully explain why, he interrupted, "that's fine. Sustained." (@Surfside )

3. Robert Bryan Horn. He had a relationship with Heather Elvis in 2013.

4. Defense tried to call someone named Brooke, but she wasn't on the list so she wasn't allowed.

5. Sydney Moffitt to the stand. She says she knew Heather Elvis from working together in a booth at Tanger.

6. Timothy Tindall

So we will see a parade of people who knew Heather so briefly they don't remember anything. (@jillycat )

7. Evan German "German said at the time, he was so sure that he saw Heather Elvis at the Beaver Bar after she disappeared that he called the police the next day. He said he drank too much that night. Said he watched surveillance video and it is clear it wasn't Elvis."

8. Deborah James. McLeod Loris Hospital medical records director. (State objects; didn't know about witness)

9. Betsy Greene- director of health information management/medical records at Conway Medical Center.

10. Tammy Moorer

-----------------------

The medical records ladies testified regarding Tammy possibly being pregnant, having bacterial vaginosis, blah blah.

The five people kicked off the witness list? Some of my theories.....Polly Caison.....Nicole Moorer.....the guy Papa Moorer went to buy produce with.....Ashley's boyfriend.....Christian Moorer if he counts as a fifth....

Bump.

Who will we hear from after lunch?

I feel so bad for Donald. He looked so ashamed. Heroin addict for last 6 years. We can all figure out what probably brought that on. It's pretty bad when the only honorable person in that family is a drug addict and criminal. I say that in no way to be insulting to Donald. The rest of the family should take some pointers from him. Poor guy. I feel so bad for him.
Me too, I really feel this kid is redeemable, but needs the right kind of support (intensive therapy) to succeed.

Donald is up.
Hey PTF!!

FWIW, my husband is an individual anyone convicted of a crime would want on their jury; he and I were debating this case on our long drive on Friday arguing about the weight of circumstantial versus direct evidence. He is one of those people who would darn near need a body or confession to find someone guilty - he doesn't give a whole lot of weight on circumstantial evidence because he feels it requires one to make assumptions of events before/after. Anywhoo, all that to say, that when the cleaning video came up on Friday he was SOLD! Hook, line, and sinker he was convinced of guilt. I think the judge was too. IMO, there is absolutely no possible way the verdict will be rendered Not Guilty. In fact, I would not be surprised if it took little to no time at all for the jury to reach and deliver their verdict.

I cannot believe they did not use this in Tammy's trial and allow her to spin more webs of lies.

BBM This! I really want to know why they haven't used this before?? Slam dunk in my opinion. Can't wait for closing arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa