Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember reading about the dentist appointment. It didn’t state where, but if in NYC then the kids would have had to be picked up early, I think school got out at 12:30 that day? So either the kids dentist appt was in NC, but I think unlikely JD wouldn’t go with them, or if in NY the nanny would have had to pick them up early. It was reported that JD had a 1pm appt as well as 11am so this Could have been it.
But, if this was the kids dentist appointment and she was supposed to be there, wouldn’t they have called in missing person report before 7pm? If it was just her own appointments you might think nobody would be notified right away, but the nanny would have known that JD didn’t arrive at 1pm.
It’s possible the dentist appt was something routine, maybe braces, in NC so just the nanny, and JD had her own appt at 1pm too, so it was later by the time they got to NYC and they realized JD wasn’t there.
It’s also possible the NCPD was called earlier but they declined to file an official missing person report until later at 7pm. NCPD did find the Suburban almost instantly after the time of the missing persons report so it appears they were on it already, or knew exactly where to look for some reason. AWs both just use the phrase “received a missing person report” at 6:59pm so it’s not clear at what time NCPD took the initial call. Sometimes they want you to wait, to see if the person isn’t there by dinner time, etc. before filing a report.
Of course, with “sources” it’s also possible the 1pm dentist appt for the kids is a red herring.

Last thought: what did FD know about JD routine and plans that day? Housekeeper at 12? Kids out of school 12:30? Appts/dinner in NYC? Did he know he needed to be out of there by 10:30? Was it random and he was lucky the cleaner didn’t come earlier? Did he think it was routine for JD to run at Waveny on Friday mornings, maybe followed her a previous Friday morning?

I noticed the passive language about the time of the report, too. I have a feeling (And it’s no more than a feeling) that the evidence of violence was already noticed long before 7:00. I think the report and “Silver” went out after LE and Jennifer’s friends and family 1) confirmed she was not hospitalized somewhere 2) found car and last phone pings, and 3) Told the children in the most truthful and sensitive way possible about changes. Mom was missing, police are going to look for her, and just in case she is not safe, we are going to have to keep you safe here in New York at least for the weekend; I know Dad was coming over tomorrow, and you were going to visit him at your old home in Farmington on Sunday- and I know how great that is- but Dad is going to be needed to help the police.

That is not the kind of thing you want your kids (or grand kids) to hear from friends.

MOO MOO

I would bet her lawyer has no clue that she has even done it.

My gosh, and I MEAN this truly: He or someone who works for him should be reading here. The requirement of MSM or verified sources makes reading here vital in my view. People here do excellent research in an array of areas that LE may not always have time for, etc. It’s not AT ALL that I’m lining up to help MT; I’m just thinking that the more he knows, the more he might be able to get to talk—and maybe JD will be found. MOO.

I agree that DA seems to be acting as a PR mouthpiece for FD and NP. He's not coming across as an objective reporter who wants to get to the truth for The Hartford Courant. His coverage is extremely focused on giving excuses for all of the defendant's misconduct and creating a narrative more favorable for the accused (by not fact checking comments coming from that camp and presenting claims as facts which later are refuted as fabrications by NP/DF). It's transparent and irritating. I hope people are complaining to the Hartford Courant. Shoddy journalism at its finest.

On the sideways peace sign, I looked and found several unofficial accounts of what it means on several sites, mostly related to teens and Europe (need to read the rules again to see if we can post the names of other sites). Every one I saw—and I could not find an authoritative source—said it’s peace or peace out; others said it’s called chunking or showing a deuce and signifies peace out, and two said it means things like peace out, I’m over this, sarcasm, love, etc. If I had to guess based on what I found and where, it’s something teens do most so I’m thinking this is more related to MT’s daughter than to FD. But MOO. I hope it’s to her daughter for the daughter’s sake. MOO.
It's not for her daughter, it's for him.

Last edited:
I've believed that NCPD knew earlier in the day that JD was missing but that the overall situation was tightly and IMO well managed to keep FD off guard. There also was the issue of the timing of the nanny getting LE into Welles which might have taken time IMO if she was in NY with the children.

I'm not even sure if the 11pm newscasts covered the JD Missing Alert on the 24th and most of the news outlets that I recall did pick up the story on the 25th. This timing of late in the day on the 24th over a long weekend, IMO kept FD in Farmington and contained.

It will be interesting if we ever learn at trial whether the timing differed at all from AW.

BBB - great point - I never thought of it like this - "Keep FD off guard". This fits. I always felt that LA, family, and close friends all knew and witnessed the volatile nature of FD. MOO!

Judge orders Fotis Dulos to appear in court for GPS monitoring issues
Judge John Balwie has scheduled a 2 p.m. hearing for Monday after probation officials raised concerns that Fotis Dulos was not properly recharging the batteries on his GPS monitoring system, his legal team said Wednesday. The problem has apparently happened four times in the past month.
A man presumed innocent apparently needs his battery adjusted,” defense attorney Norm Pattis said Wednesday night. “As the Wicked Witch of the West once said, ‘What a world!’”

Wait. NP is quoting the Wicked Witch of the West? And someone else was the man behind the curtain earlier, right? Surreal. MOO.

I am with all of you – immediate thoughts go to why wasn't something done about the ankle monitor when it was FIRST determined it wasn't being operated or functioning properly. It makes absolutely no sense that it took 4 incidents before a "future" court appearance was scheduled to address the noncompliance situation – not even a consequence yet. No wonder these things are sometimes referred to as ankle bracelets and not secure electronic monitoring devices. My hope, although it might sound naïve, is the lack of visible action is a strategic play by LE, and they have been “lying in wait” for FD to make a move.

Do any fellow Sleuthers know what company holds the monitoring contract and with what agency (local or state)? I am curious because I’d love to see a copy of the contract and statement of work to evaluate the terms and service level agreements. It would be great to see the documented workflow of product and the specific agreed upon process of the monitoring services, including the communication flow of the data.

The reason behind my ask is that some states have access and buy these types of services through GSA schedules (centralized procurement for the government), and often times you can find copies of the specific bids, contracts, and associated documents in the public record. That said, we might be able to get our hands on them.

Thanks in advance!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That 911 call is from 2017, no? Possibly when she took the children and left him. I think he didn't notify the police in May. They notified him.

MOO
Yes, the 911 call from FD was for when JD originally left with the children in 2017 and doesn't relate to JD missing date at all.

I just caught a clip of F.D.'s 911 recording on Dr. Phil. Did anyone see this? Zero Emotion. Gah.

Dr. Phil analysis was as if he were saying "give me a #5 with fries." Dr. Phil is The Bomb.

Zero emotion
FDvoice as just way too temperate. The voice never shows any emotion.

BBM. That's a trait of psychopaths.
And cold-blooded killers.

I think the fact that he tried to get the kids before he met with LE tells us what his plans were. He thought he was going to get them that day IMO.

Like the PI on Dr. Phil, I believe Dulos thought he had planned the perfect murder. What he failed to account for was modern day forensics, good investigative work, some luck, some blood sweat and tears, an employee with a moral compass and a girlfriend who needed an Alibi Script to keep their story straight.

As soon as Jennifer disappeared, her poor mother had to have thought the worst. Can you imagine what the scene was like that day at Dr. Farber's condo when Dulos arrived to demand custody of those kids?? I hope they did witness any of his nonsense. I imagine Dulos did not want to leave quietly.

EXACTLY. EXACTLY. EXACTLY.

DR. GF Knew Exactly what had happened to JF and I am So Glad that she had the foresight to Protect these children with Armed Guards.

IMO.

FDvoice as just way too temperate. The voice never shows any emotion.

AND, this call to police to report his "wife" and children missing really rankles me. JD knew about the affair since March of 2017. FD had confirmed it. (Jennifer Dulos: Inside the Turbulent Marriage of the Missing Connecticut Mother of 5) FD, however, wanted her to remain in the family home or in New York (to save himself support and alimony? Which he never would have paid...silly me.)

FD had sent movers away on a number of occasions prior to that date. He "notices" later in the 911 call that furniture, etc. is missing. His only purpose, IMO, for calling the police is to find JD to retaliate or demean her. He also, IMO, wanted LE to believe that she had kidnapped the children. He couldn't even work up the right amount of energy to be seriously upset about his "missing children." He is just an awful human being, IMO!

I've been searching for more information on the ankle bracelets and which company has the contract for the State of CT.

I did find this information from the State as to the 2 types of bracelets used and how the data is monitored and reviewed. Looks like the info is supposed to be reviewed daily.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2014/rpt/pdf/2014-R-0065.pdf

Electronic Monitoring of Parolees

"Beginning January 2006 the Hartford regional parole office (the state has five regional offices) began a pilot program using global positioning system (GPS) electronic monitoring for certain sex offenders. The system requires the parolee to wear a bracelet or anklet and to carry a separate device called a transponder. The system allows the board to program geographic as well as curfew conditions into it. For example the system can be programmed to show a violation whenever the parolee comes within a certain distance of a school or a day care center. This system sends data to the service provider indicating exactly where the parolee went and what time he was there. It indicates a violation if the parolee violates either a geographic or curfew condition of his parole".

"Just as in the case of the more traditional electronic monitoring, the service provider prepares a report on each parolee and electronically transmits it to the appropriate parole office and officer the next business day. The officer reviews it that day or the next day he is back to work". BBM

IMO reading this info the issue doesn't seem to be that the Parole Officer isn't getting the report from the service provider but perhaps the issue is that the Parole Officer isn't getting the information to the decision makers in LE and the States Atty Office on a real time basis.

I hope the situation ISN'T that the Parole Officer is alerting the States Atty's Office and nothing gets done? I don't think this is the case though as with the MT situation the States Atty's Office seemed to have no idea that she had been back in CT for 3 weeks after only staying in NY for one day.

NEWSFLASH: HARTFORD WE HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE GPS BRACELETS! IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED! THANK YOU!

MOO

Last edited:
She can be all those things and still see herself as a victim. It is how she has been able to justify her participation in this crime. When LE is trying to get someone to confess, it is critical that the subject NOT feel judged (with some notable exceptions). The thing you leave out during an interview is how you feel about the subject. You want to be their confessor, not the one who sits in judgement and, frankly, her judgement lies elsewhere.LE's job is to get information, not be a judge and jury.

Since LE let MT know at the last session that her lies were demonstrable, you can be sure there have been a number of calls between Coangelo and Bowman about whether she is going to finally tell the truth. LE is in the catbird seat here, though, because MT knows she is still lying about some things BUT has has also admitted Dulos' alibi was fabricated. That is a major truth, and one that Dulos cannot run from. It is the basis on which her interviews will go forward.

On the other hand, she hasn't been truthful about her own involvement, and she is going to have to admit it if she wants to avoid a trial. IMO, she can't understand why she is being charged (I know, I know, I am just telling you what I think is going on in her head). She thought she could BS everyone and that isn't happening, so now she is in a real pickle. LE is not going to let her off the hook.

So yes, the tears are "real", but she is not crying because she thinks she has done anything wrong. She is crying because she doesn't think she has doesn't done anything wrong or, if she did anything, it was a very, very small, teeny tiny thing, that certainly does not justify imprisonment! Her tears are for herself, not an indication she acknowledges the enormity of what SHE did. Yes, she has learned to use her tears to make others pity her, but be clear about one thing. No one pities MT as much as she pities herself.

MT is broken and she was broken long before Dulos came into the picture. She has gotten through life by being a sports groupie hanger-on. Along comes this 'rich' Greek man, athletic like she is, who is going to give her the life she wants/believes she is entitled to and he feeds her head full of all kinds of BS. Now, she ends up here. To her, SHE is the victim.

We don't have to agree with her perception of herself. but it is imperative that LE understands it. I personally would start a Day 1 of her relationship with Dulos. Get her talking so that she keeps talking, then circle around to the lies.The more she talks, the more LE gains the upper hand.

Bottom line, crocodile tears or not, their presence is a tell for LE. MOO!MOO!
Amazing how you laid that out. I read it several times. I agree with it all. MOO.

I agree with this completely but just want to add: even if it only happened once and it was a one-time oversight (which it's not) it doesnt matter. It's up to FD to makes sure it's charged NO MATTER WHAT. He screws up, be it an accident or intentional he should suffer the consequences. No second, third and fourth chances. MOO.
Imagine FD does book, how's LE going to look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge