GUILTY IL - Takaylah Tribitt, 14, murdered, Chicago, 1 Sept 2019 *arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The teenage girl found dead Monday in an alley near 20th and Pennsylvania. The girl is believed to be between the ages of 14 and 18. The sheriff's department described her as an African American girl, 5 ft. 2 in. tall and 117 lbs. with short black hair and pierced ears.

She was found wearing an orange or red t-shirt with the words 'SUPERGIRL POWER' and the Superman logo on it, as well as size large blue Champion brand pants with gray stripes, a red size 32B bra, and blue and black Nike Air Max Plus size seven sneakers.

Police released a photograph of her t-shirt

Deceased-Female-T-shirt-091719.jpg

Lake County, Indiana, Coroner Asking For Help Identifying Teenage Jane Doe

Teen girl's body found in Gary, police seek help identifying her

The teenage girl found dead Monday in an alley near 20th and Pennsylvania. The girl is believed to be between the ages of 14 and 18. The sheriff's department described her as an African American girl, 5 ft. 2 in. tall and 117 lbs. with short black hair and pierced ears.

She was found wearing an orange or red t-shirt with the words 'SUPERGIRL POWER' and the Superman logo on it, as well as size large blue Champion brand pants with gray stripes, a red size 32B bra, and blue and black Nike Air Max Plus size seven sneakers.

Police released a photograph of her t-shirt (SBM)

Teen girl's body found in Gary, police seek help identifying her

JMO...And they've probably looked into it, but a teenager wearing "Supergirl Power" sounds a little age regressive. Wonder if she was in any way affiliated with the Willow Glen Academy which abuts the alley where her body was found?
Willowglen Academy - Residential Services

I read an article earlier today that listed how she was found and aspects about the cause of death. Was that recanted? I’m searching to see if I can find it again.

Edit. Found it.
“Their coworkers said the teen was found tied to a newly-placed utility pole, and they believe she was beaten to death.”

Unfortunately, there are a lot of black girls missing from that area with a similar description.
Agreed, thinking she's within a 75 mile range, there are too many victims. Tying to a pole though. Is this set up to look like/ is a hate crime? Or a lesson for something. I remember a John Doe in this manner that this happened and it was mafia related.. Not sure, just brain storming

That shirt is a girls size shirt sold at Walmart. So she is probably on the younger end of the age estimate :(.

Gary has a serial killer, per the murder accountability project, so this could also be the work of a serial killer. Although tied up and beaten sounds like a hate crime to me.

That shirt is a girls size shirt sold at Walmart. So she is probably on the younger end of the age estimate :(.

Gary has a serial killer, per the murder accountability project, so this could also be the work of a serial killer. Although tied up and beaten sounds like a hate crime to me.
Like an active serial killer right now?

Official appeal by her coroner on FB page:

“As Coroner of Lake County, I have been working closely with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children with hopes to locate family of a young Jane Doe found in Gary Indiana on September 16, 2019.
May I please request the public’s help in locating this young females family?
I am providing the following facial sketches in hopes to locate her loved ones. This is another heart wrenching case that I would like to bring closure to for her family.”

Sex: Female
Race: Black
Est. Age: 14-18
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown
Height: 5’02”
Weight: 117 pounds
Date Found: 09/16/2019
Location Found: Gary, Indiana

On September 16, 2019 an unidentified female was found deceased in Gary, Indiana. She was found in an alley near Pennsylvania Street and 20th Ave. She had been deceased for approximately 2 days. The female is estimated to have been 14-18 years old at the time of death. She stood approximately 5’2” tall and weighed around 117 pounds. She had short black hair. Both earlobes were pierced one time but no earrings were in place. No unique scars or tattoos were observed. She was found wearing a white, light and dark blue Nike windbreaker, an orange/red t-shirt with the words “SUPERGIRL POWER” and the Superman logo on the front (size large), blue Champion brand pants with gray stripes, blue & black Nike Air Max Plus sneakers (size 7), and a red bra (size 32B). The images featured above are facial reconstructions created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life.

Lake County Coroner’s Office (219)755-3265

Respectfully,
Lake County Coroner
Merrilee Frey

missing-teen-3.jpg
gary-teen-1.jpg

Link to FB appeal - Merrilee Frey

Edit to add: Coroner is quite forthcoming and checking all the tips submitted in the comments under her appeal. If you have strong suggestion you can submit there for her to see and investigate.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back