OK OK - Lisa Farmer, 18, Lawton, 2 August 1983

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

At approximately 8:30pm, Lisa was last seen in her kitchen by a neighbor. On 08/03/1983 at 3pm, her infant child was found next morning hungry and wet, back door was unlocked.

Lawton Jury Acquits Man Of Woman's Strangulation

Jurors took only an hour Friday to acquit Kenneth Wagstaff, 21, of the Oct. 2, 1983, strangulation of a woman whose body was found in a pond two days after her death.

Defense Attorney John Zelbst said Wagstaff was planning to board a plane for his home state of New York.

He had been held without bail in the Comanche County Jail since his arrest in October. "I'm always happy to win cases," Zelbst said. The jury "decided in what I feel is right."

But Comanche County District Attorney Dick Tannery said he blames Wagstaff's acquittal on "the system, for not allowing juries to know all the evidence." Tannery said Wagstaff has been tried in New York on charges of attempted murder and attempted rape and was acquitted on both.

Tannery had sought the death penalty for Wagstaff, whom he termed a "thrill killer" accused of strangling Cynthia Lynn Ross with his thumbs.

Wagstaff is "still our main suspect in the disappearance and probable death" of 18-year-old Lisa Farmer, missing since last August, Tannery said. No charges have been filed in that case because no body has ever been found, he said.

Zelbst said Wagstaff's defense consisted of "an airtight alibi" that he could not have strangled and put Miss Ross in a pond the day of her death because he was at a friend's house.
https://oklahoman.com/article/5637899/tennessee-has-treasures-all-across-interstate-40
Wagstaff said Miss Ross had given him a ride to a friend's house and promised to return, but he never saw her again. Wagstaff was charged because he apparently was the last person seen with her, Zelbst said.

Tannery argued that Wagstaff is a "psycho" who had met Miss Ross once, a week before her death.

Lawton is home to Fort Sill. Yep, article states Mr. Farmer was in the service.

Wait, what? If her body was found in a pond 2 days later -- how is she missing?

Lawton is home to Fort Sill. Yep, article states Mr. Farmer was in the service.

Wait, what? If her body was found in a pond 2 days later -- how is she missing?

Wagstaff was acquitted of the murder of Cynthia Lynn Ross, he is a suspect in the disappearance of Lisa Farmer.

How did Kenneth Wagstaff connect to Lisa Farmer ?

Original

Lisa Watkins Farmer (Unknown-1983) - Find A Grave...

Lisa Watkins Farmer
Birth unknown
Union County, South Carolina, USA
Death 2 Aug 1983
Lawton, Comanche County, Oklahoma, USA
Burial Cremated, Other, Specifically: She was kidnapped and her body has not been found

I am confused, from the attached newspaper, her husband was William Franklin Farmer, but on her "find a grave" website, her spouse was a woman Geraldine Hall Watkins

I am confused, from the attached newspaper, her husband was William Franklin Farmer, but on her "find a grave" website, her spouse was a woman Geraldine Hall Watkins

I believe Findagrave auto matches possible family members sometimes based on grave locations. The member who manages the memorial had to accept the relationship suggestion at one point. If the memorial is not managed by her family (so the manager is unaware it's incorrect info), then someone has to submit a suggested relationship correction and wait for the memorial manager to respond. If the member managing the memorial does not respond to the suggested edit in 30 days then the family can write to findagrave with documentation of the correct family relationship and it will be reviewed. See the "editing memorials" section of the FAQ's for the details: Find A Grave Help

The attached "spouse" may actually be her mother. MOO.

I believe Findagrave auto matches possible family members sometimes based on grave locations. The member who manages the memorial had to accept the relationship suggestion at one point. If the memorial is not managed by her family (so the manager is unaware it's incorrect info), then someone has to submit a suggested relationship correction and wait for the memorial manager to respond. If the member managing the memorial does not respond to the suggested edit in 30 days then the family can write to findagrave with documentation of the correct family relationship and it will be reviewed. See the "editing memorials" section of the FAQ's for the details: Find A Grave Help

The attached "spouse" may actually be her mother. MOO.

I manage my families listings on Find a Grave, so I logged in and sent their managing member an email this morning.

Lisa A. Farmer
  • farmer_lisa.jpg
Farmer, circa 1983

• Missing Since 08/02/1983
  • Missing From Lawton, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold chain, a floating heart necklace, and a gold wedding band with a diamond solitaire. Possibly a flower-print nightgown.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Farmer's maiden name is Watkins. She may wears eyeglasses. She has scars on her hip, tongue, right ankle/instep, and under the toes of her left foot.
Details of Disappearance
Farmer was last seen by a neighbor in her kitchen at 8:30 p.m. on August 2, 1983. She, her husband of three months, and their fourteen-month-old baby had moved into the house only three days earlier and her husband was away on a military training exercise; this was the first night Farmer spent in the house without him.

The next morning, the neighbors came over to investigate the baby's continuous crying and found him alone, hungry, with his diaper soiled. The back door was unlocked and there was no sign of Farmer.

All her belongings, including her jewelry, money, clothing, identification and keys, were left behind; only a flower-print nightgown, which she may have been wearing, was missing. There were on indications of a struggle. She has never been heard from again.

Farmer grew up in Union, South Carolina and had moved to Lawton with her husband in 1983. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Lawton Police Department 580-581-3270
Source Information

I’ve been looking into killings of women in Lawton for a project, so Lisa is one of three Ft. Sill wives who fit the same basic pattern.

Fern Romero, 28, was found naked in her bedroom in 1959. Her throat had been slit, and her two children were found unharmed in the home. Her active duty husband had been in the field for training.

Lillian Watts, 18, was found naked in a bedroom of her home in 1979; she had been strangled and beaten with a hammer, her child was found unharmed in the home. She was not sexually assaulted, her husband had been away in the field for training

Lisa Farmer, 18, was found missing after a welfare check in 1983. Her child was found unharmed in the home, her husband was also away in the field for training.

Honestly, none could have anything to do with the other, but I found it all to be quite odd how much they had in common.

Lisa Farmer was missing, she was not murdered in her bedroom, and there were nearly 25 years between her case and Fern's case, besides Fort Sill is a military base, so when a army wife became a victim of a crime, there is a good chance that her husband was away in the field for training

True. Fern was sexually assaulted while Lillian wasn’t. I’m not saying it’s the same person. I think Lisa was the only one actually living on the base, I don’t recall currently where their house was, but Lillian and Fern weren’t on base.

I haven’t looked really, but does anyone know why they felt that Kenneth Wagstaff was responsible for taking Lisa?

**Bump for Lisa**

gold wedding band with solitary diamond ring
gold chain

Clothing
blue jeans

Jewelry
Floating heart necklace

Not noted but she has a small gap between the two front teeth as seen in her photo.

1670434215704.jpeg

One UP exclusion:

1670434154807.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member