AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell phone video and you're right. Def an SUV and not a van. Timing the SUV arrived at the park and then left 4 minutes later fits the abduction time. But dang, that's fast and fortuitous timing for a stalker criminal to just happen upon a trusting little girl that quickly. JMO
Unless he was watching them closely. I wonder if this was a daily or weekly activity they did together?

It’s not unheard of for family or even the police to fabricate or run with what they know is not a suspected vehicle in order to get an Amber alert out to the public.

I think the difference in this case is I don’t believe it was the mother or family giving the description. The only one who might have given some description was a three year old and he hardly is of an age to fabricate a story to get his sister found. But it was my understanding the witnesses had no stake in the matter. JMO

It's possible that the sliding door was misremembering, or perhaps the witness saw her put in the back seat from the opposite side of where she was, and thought there was a sliding door on that side of the vehicle. At the very least, whoever this witness was, saw a man lead a girl who looked like Dulce into a vehicle that looked like a red van or SUV and leave the premises around 4:20ish PM, on Burt St. That has all been repeated in news articles, including LE changing their description of a possible vehicle to being an SUV. We have here a red SUV coming and going on Burt St between 4:21 and 4:24. Aside from a cosmic coincidence, I don't see how it's possible that this isn't the same vehicle. Especially given that the brother ran back to mom crying during this time period. Whether or not Dulce was the girl in the vehicle, we do know at least that the red vehicle exists and was on Burt St during a time period consistent with the witness statement.

But this one doesn't have either sliding door or tinted windows as far as I can tell.
It doesn't even look like a van. At least I wouldn't describe it that way.
No tinted windows and no sliding doors either.
As far as I know LE has not released any video of the van nor have they indicated what make or model it is.
Who is claiming this is the van?
The network? A reporter?
If LE had images of the van I would think they would have included it with the rest of the information.

IMO

Unless he was watching them closely. I wonder if this was a daily or weekly activity they did together?
Sometimes the timing just randomly works. Suppose he turned into the area and headed for the playground for exactly what he had in mind...and there she was. Sometimes the unexplainable happens.

Also, he could have been driving around (scoping) before and this was the only time he was caught on video.

Last edited:
It doesn't even look like a van. At least I wouldn't describe it that way.
No tinted windows and no sliding doors either.
As far as I know LE has not released any video of the van nor have they indicated what make or model it is.
Who is claiming this is the van?
The network? A reporter?
If LE had images of the van I would think they would have included it with the rest of the information.

IMO
Yes, this one doesn't look like a van at all. I wouldn't have described it as a van either. There could be a confusion between minivans and SUVs as some look similar. But this one doesn't look like a minivan.

I think the difference in this case is I don’t believe it was the mother or family giving the description. The only one who might have given some description was a three year old and he hardly is of an age to fabricate a story to get his sister found. But it was my understanding the witnesses had no stake in the matter. JMO
I believe it was one, or more likely several of the 24 witnesses LE interviewed who gave the description and the details of what happened.

They did not come out with the description and the Amber Alert until after they had a chance to interview more of them on the second day.

Imo

Even if she were in the habit of going to the park and sitting in her car while children played, seems like she would have to do it at the same time all the time for that car to be able to get in and out that fast. Which seems unlikely.

I respectfully disagree.

I think it’s very plausible that she could have had a pattern (say even just on Mondays) of picking the girls up from school, going home so they could change, and then going to that park so the younger ones played while she helped the 9 year old with homework. And this would put them at that park roughly the same time everyday. Around 4:00.

If the perp knew this happened (relatively) frequently, or on Mondays for example, all he had to do was to sweep in and out around 4:15ish.

MOO.

I respectfully disagree.

I think it’s very plausible that she could have had a pattern (say even just on Mondays) of picking the girls up from school, going home so they could change, and then going to that park so the younger ones played while she helped the 9 year old with homework. And this would put them at that park roughly the same time everyday. Around 4:00.

If the perp knew this happened (relatively) frequently, or on Mondays for example, all he had to do was to sweep in and out around 4:15ish.

MOO.
As far as I can tell mother is claiming it were minutes between children running off and son coming back without his sister. So again, to me it seems unlikely.

Yes, this one doesn't look like a van at all. I wouldn't have described it as a van either. There could be a confusion between minivans and SUVs as some look similar. But this one doesn't look like a minivan.
Yeah, I don't even think it's a minivan, and LE did not say it was a minivan either.

So frustrating. A van is a big long rectangular shape and they all look the same. Like something a handy man or a painter would use. To me a mini van is more like an SUV and can be shaped differently.

I wish we knew which it was.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell mother is claiming it were minutes between children running off and son coming back without his sister. So again, to me it seems unlikely.

They very well could have been out of sight for only a few minutes last Monday before Dulce disappeared. I’m not saying otherwise.

But of course- it might not jive with what others, such as yourself, think likely. :)

MOO.

It's possible that the sliding door was misremembering, or perhaps the witness saw her put in the back seat from the opposite side of where she was, and thought there was a sliding door on that side of the vehicle. At the very least, whoever this witness was, saw a man lead a girl who looked like Dulce into a vehicle that looked like a red van or SUV and leave the premises around 4:20ish PM, on Burt St. That has all been repeated in news articles, including LE changing their description of a possible vehicle to being an SUV. We have here a red SUV coming and going on Burt St between 4:21 and 4:24. Aside from a cosmic coincidence, I don't see how it's possible that this isn't the same vehicle. Especially given that the brother ran back to mom crying during this time period. Whether or not Dulce was the girl in the vehicle, we do know at least that the red vehicle exists and was on Burt St during a time period consistent with the witness statement.
I know, and I feel for this witness who meant well. It makes me think- with my extremely poor knowledge of make and models of vehicles- if something like this happened in the future and I saw a vehicle, would I give a description to LE? People are calling the witness stupid and other things which isn't called for. I am sure that they weren't that close to the vehicle and gave the very best description that they could. Why are we berating this witness, who clearly did see a red vehicle right at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin