Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the Paul Harvey rest of the story? Were they all able to be released by the judge?

If I recall correctly, it is very hard to be released from a case. Perhaps @gitana1 can give better insight as to how three of his lawyers were released, if indeed they were when they requested.

I am not @gitana1 but each state's bar has a code of ethics regarding lawyers seeking to be dismissed - the Judge rules whether or not it will be granted based on that current status of the case - a lawyer can't just quit if there are pending motions, hearings, etc if the Judge feels it will hurt the client IMO (and based on what our lawyers say). If they were granted leave from the case, the Judge must have thought the case was at a point where it would not hurt the client and another attorney could take it on but the client usually has a specified number of days to get a new attorney based on what I have seen. Gitana1 will chime in I'm sure. CT may have specific guidelines JMO

Oviedo is right. If something is pending or trial has been set it should going to be impossible to get out at that moment.

They picked the right time. They don't usually have to spell it out because that would break attorney client privilege. Sometimes if the client resists the judge might have an in camera review of the reasoning.

But it's pretty easy. I'm surprised thought that CT mandates lawyers stay in if they're not getting paid. That's not the case in CA. Thankfully. Otherwise it's sort of slave labor.

But I'm thinking that in this case the lawyers determined he's lying to them, he wants to pursue an unethical tactic or they believe he's a murderer and their conscience won't allow them to represent such a person.

Those are valid reasons to withdraw.

My God, what would be worse? lol. And yeah, that judge...

I think of the felon anthony’s attorney...yeah he won because what the jury decided....but he was a real mess....and then there is felon arias....another laugh. I just want to see a good defense lawyer working for the client not for themselves and book/movie rights.

I am dreaming. Back to reality.

I went through a divorce when I was 23 years old, the marriage lasted a whole 8 months. When my father and I first met the divorce attorney, he asked my Dad to leave the room so that he and I could speak privately. I was shocked and a little scared at first because hey, that’s my dad you’re talking to, but it also kinda made me grow up and realize the importance of what I was about to go through. So when I think about MT being a 44 year old mother with her Mom or Dad by her side, they are most likely in the lawyer’s office at all times too. I’m sure that doesn’t sit well with her lawyer. IMO

I’ll bet that having her parents there is making Bowman’s job extremely difficult.

Weinstein filed "motion to expedite" on 9/11/19 but the judge did not approve or deny it. so this is basically pushing him to make a decision . Probably he and PI need adequate time to investigate the discovery items before the trial

Weinstein filed "motion to expedite" on 9/11/19 but the judge did not approve or deny it. so this is basically pushing him to make a decision . Probably he and PI need adequate time to investigate the discovery items before the trial
ok got it . Does this Motion have anything to do with anything MT may have offered up in her deposition or non-related ?

I am not @gitana1 but each state's bar has a code of ethics regarding lawyers seeking to be dismissed - the Judge rules whether or not it will be granted based on that current status of the case - a lawyer can't just quit if there are pending motions, hearings, etc if the Judge feels it will hurt the client IMO (and based on what our lawyers say). If they were granted leave from the case, the Judge must have thought the case was at a point where it would not hurt the client and another attorney could take it on but the client usually has a specified number of days to get a new attorney based on what I have seen. Gitana1 will chime in I'm sure. CT may have specific guidelines JMO
It’s not too hard to get released from a civil case. Unless you are on the eve of trial or close enough to it. I think it’s harder in criminal, but I did not practice criminal law.

Page 6, footnote 2 of NP’s ‘gag’, talks about getting ‘search warrants’ for buccal swabs in JD’s garage, ‘In the event that there is unknown DNA’.... Apparently he has two people (well, at least one, but maybe two) in his sights he plans to blame - considering ‘Gone girl’ has run its course.
Hmmm... who is Plan ABC to blame next?
Is there a world where someone drove MT’s daughter to school that day or maybe the daughter wasn’t even in JD’s house that day/week . Did MT high tail to New Caanan before or at the same time as FD. Hid her car , scrambled thru the woods (she is a world class athlete btw) , hastily helped FD with the murder , ran out garage , sprinted back thru the woods , stepped on accelerator just in time to be videotaped at Store which just “happened to have” a camera to provide a fake alibi .
Is the swab NP referring to coming from MT’s DNA ?
This would explain FD’s quote , “ I know what I did and didn’t do”.
Is there any possibility that MT “did” it and FD “didn’t”.
He merely just “ cleaned up” the crime
scene ... MOO

It’s not too hard to get released from a civil case. Unless you are on the eve of trial or close enough to it. I think it’s harder in criminal, but I did not practice criminal law.
Actually in my state it is rather difficult to get released from a civil case for the reasons @gitana1 posted upthread. Believe it or not, non-payment of fees may not matter depending on where in the litigation the case is. The Judge decides even if there is a Joint Stipulation in place. JMO

I continue to be “bothered” by FD’s unethical behavior including lying, stealing, and misappropriating funds. I am further incensed that the lawyers currently involved in his family and criminal cases have publicly revealed some content from a stolen report. I began looking for the right to use “stolen documents” in legal cases. I found the following long, but interesting article about the topic.

According to the article the lawyer(s) involved should have isolated the psych report and not read it. Furthermore, they should have immediately notified the family court of their receipt of the document. Perhaps, FD lied and said his attorney gave it to them. Regardless, before they began to read and use the report’s contents, professionally they were obligated to notify the court that they had a copy of said report.

Why haven’t sanctions been imposed on RR, NP, and NP’s other attorneys and investigators?

Here’s an excerpt and a link to the article:

As one court has recently noted, "[t]he justifications underlying the protections afforded to inadvertent productions, however, apply with even greater, and stricter, force in connection with advertent but unauthorized disclosures." Thus, the lawyer may well be obliged to provide notice to the owner of the documents and additionally may have to refrain from reviewing and/or using the documents, notwithstanding any concerns about maintaining client confidentiality. Moreover, though the case law on this topic is fact-specific, it is clear that various sanctions may be imposed on the client and the lawyer depending on the severity of the conduct involved and the content of the documents. These potential sanctions are only further reason for a lawyer to adopt a conservative approach.

When confronted with a situation involving improperly obtained documents, we suggest the following step-by-step approach:

• Do not read the documents, or have anyone on your office staff do so.
  • Discuss the situation, including the ethical dilemma, with your client. Try to determine how the documents were obtained, and if they contain proprietary information, trade secrets or attorney-client confidences. If the client possibly committed a criminal act, the client may need to obtain advice from a criminal defense attorney.
  • The attorney should also find out the client's objectives in the case, including whether the client would like to use the documents in the case. In doing so, the lawyer should inform the client of the potential risks involved, including the risk that the court may subject the client or the attorney to sanctions for their conduct if it finds that proper steps were not followed.
  • If the client wishes to go forward with the case and the client does not want to disclose the documents to his or her adversary, the lawyer should segregate the documents and refrain from reviewing them…
Ethics Corner: Putting The Genie Back – "What To Do When Your Client Has Stolen Documents" - Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration - United States

View attachment 206373
Weinstein files to ask for Motion to Expedite Discovery decision , one day after MT deposition.

It appears to me that the Weinstein signature on that document is not an original signature and rather a rubber stamp - that puts an interesting spin on the term 'rubber stamping'.

Is there a world where someone drove MT’s daughter to school that day or maybe the daughter wasn’t even in JD’s house that day/week . Did MT high tail to New Caanan before or at the same time as FD. Hid her car , scrambled thru the woods (she is a world class athlete btw) , hastily helped FD with the murder , ran out garage , sprinted back thru the woods , stepped on accelerator just in time to be videotaped at Store which just “happened to have” a camera to provide a fake alibi .
scene ... MOO
Whilst she blew smoke out of the Raptor window ..

scene ... MOO
Just considering that scares me.
Is this where Mr. Pattis is going?
Hoping MT reads here and ponders this.
Will he throw the woman he loves and yearns for under the bus?
This is like a soap opera.
Who knew Jennifer and her beloved family would be sucked into this vortex.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member