GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
"....Ms. Guyger, who worked for the Dallas Police Department for more than four years, had been involved in a previous shooting. In that case, she shot a man in the stomach after he grabbed her Taser weapon during a confrontation. The man survived, and a grand jury later declined to indict her...."
Trial Opens for Former Officer Who Killed Unarmed Black Man in His Apartment
Thanks. I found an article also, but it never states who rendered aid following the shooting. Perez did live and took a plea deal. AG was assigned to a high-risk warrant task force. Jean's shooting makes even less sense.

If AG was in "shock", how come she had the wherewithal to text her BF?

Can't put even a blanket, pillow, towel, whatever else is available to stop bleeding? But can sit back and send text messages?

I am not a trained police officer, But as a teacher, I was in a situation that happened so fast, it was crazy. I won't go into details, but I had two students bleeding and 22 others crying, screaming, or in shock. I took off my shirt to make a pressure bandage for one student. Called 911. I didn't even talk to the operator, told him the address and we needed ambulance and police officers.

That is what an "untrained" response looks like.

One of the things that is drilled in at the Academy is that if you are ever on-trial . . . "I was trained," "It was my training," or "In training, we" . . . . statements I have not heard from AG throughout. I realize the FOP isn't providing her attorney, but it's so odd not to have her rely on her training and instead answer on the stand as if she's an untrained civilian who has never been exposed to blood. It's mind-boggling.

Well, considering she didn’t really do anything she was trained to do, this line of response would make her look even worse than she already does. She was trained to retreat and call for back up. She didn’t. She was trained to assess for the need for CPR and basic first aid. He didn’t need CPR with a pulse and heating heart, but a pressure bandage surely should’ve crossed her mind.

She can’t really go with the “I was trained” thing. At all.

I believe the previous shooting, the social media posts, and any commentary that puts into question her claims that she joined LE to help people all can come into play during the penalty phase. State can use all that when Defense tries to mitigate and ask for the minimum sentence and probation. I believe straight probation is off the table with a murder conviction. She’ll have to do at least 5 years.

If she gets convicted of any one of the lesser charges, straight probation and no time served may be likely. That would be the worst outcome.

I don’t think a not guilty verdict is at all likely. It’s a question of degree of guilt.

I’m just gonna put my 2 cents into it. But as my profession, I have to get certified every 2 years and every two years, it seems to changes. Apparently they believe just chest compressions are the only thing that you need to do and not so much of the 2 breaths in between. Someone said that the reason is because the heart needs to provide oxygen to the brain and they would be absolutely correct. That’s what I was taught as well, of course it’s also to keep your the blood flowing to other parts as well. As far as if you can do CPR on a person who is still alive and shot. If he’s was in and out of consciousness which sounds like that was the case and his pulse was faint, that you most definitely can start CPR. You do not have to wait until the patient is completely in cardiac arrest. Having a faint pulse is almost like having no pulse, you need that pump to get blood back to the places where it needs to be.

So law enforcement officers deal with people every day with possibility of gunshot victims or even if one of your co workers going down. They know the best, or should know the best. Those two officers arrived and did exactly what their training called for, they literally was trying so hard to save his life meanwhile she’s in the hall texting.

I also think it’s important to note that if the police and EMS did cpr on him, they would know the best. Especially EMS.

I feel no remorse for her what so ever. I’m so ready for this trial to be over and I’m praying that justice will be served and while justice is being served, I pray that they remember everything she lied about and the disregard for human life, not only the night that she killed Botham but 2 days later when she was discussing getting drunk and sexting her buddy when it comes to sentencing time.

Also while I was at the gym today, something feels really weird about this case. I can’t put my finger on it but it just doesn’t feel right to me. I know the evidence points to her not paying attention to where she was and shooting him. However, my soul is telling me something that I can’t put my finger on. I don’t know if it’s all the lies she’s done said, maybe her previous shooting, the way she conducts herself, the fact that he conveniently had his door unlocked at the same time she was on the wrong floor. I don’t know guys. I can’t shake it. At all. Again, I’m not saying it’s not an accident but just something does not feel right

My training and instructor level was Advanced Cardiac Life Support for other health professionals including doctors, EMTs and nurses so I can understand that a lay person would be taught that anything is better than nothing.

I think I was pretty much answering this as you were typing this reply. But let me answer this directly . . . no matter the situation, on-duty or off . . . I ALWAYS reverted to my training. A spike in adrenaline meant reverting to conditioned patterns of behavior, which for me was to respond to the threat and then help the wounded. We still experience it, but it is almost taken over by our training within a second or less.

If AG had been on the job less than a year, I could see her panicking and acting not as an officer. But she's had way too much experience for the responses she's giving in her testimony.

Same for me regarding reverting back to my training, especially if I’m still in scrubs because everyone’s looking at me as the person who knows what she’s doing and as the calm one to take control and know what’s going on/how to handle it.

I will say that the 3 times I’ve panicked in almost 20 years have been when it was my own kid having what turned out to thankfully be minor health issues. My kid passed out at home and I panicked. At Target with a stranger, my mindset is no different than me being in the hospital.

My kid had a seizure in the hospital and I panicked for a few minutes. I reverted to only being a mom and seemed to forget all of my training when that happened. I’ve witnessed numerous seizures of others and if I panicked at all it was only for 3 seconds at most before reverting to my training.

Getting trained after is the best thing you can do. If you saw it happen to a mother now, you may be the difference between that child's life and death. Shock happens. It's understandable for someone who doesn't face danger regularly. Any officer who experiences shock to the extent they forget their training IS NOT FIT TO SERVE. I'm saying it loud for everyone in the back. Police work is not for everyone.

You better preach !!!!!!!!!!!! Not for everybody and clearly not for AG!!!!
Can’t be a paranoid cop, you just can’t.

I was quite surprised when she said that she intended to kill him.

She should have said I intended to kill him because I thought he was an intruder in my apartment.

I was surprised that her defense attorney did not object to that.

Jmo

I agree and I'm shocked by something else but I don't want to post it and maybe have the defense team reading lol call me paranoid...

This is my 1st post on this case but I live locally & have followed the news & the trial to date. IMHO Guyger had other options. If she truly felt scared & threatened she could have tased Jean or ran out or whatever. I think too many of our police are trigger happy. And I know the Prosecution tried to get some texts of Guyger's admitted but the Judge would not allow, that were in direct conflict with Guyger's persona of "wanting to help people," <modsnip> (The Judge said they would be too prejudicial.) <modsnip> The outcome was doomed from the start. And I'm disappointed in how the Prosecution in this case seems to lack any passion. It's like they're just going thru the motions. I have no doubt that she'll be found not guilty or acquitted. And I think it's a damn shame.

Lack of emotion from the DA? No way, not after he tore her butt apart on cross. He’s very passionate about this case. Now the defense, they are very sleepy and lack passion

Last edited by a moderator:
Also while I was at the gym today, something feels really weird about this case. I can’t put my finger on it but it just doesn’t feel right to me. I know the evidence points to her not paying attention to where she was and shooting him. However, my soul is telling me something that I can’t put my finger on. I don’t know if it’s all the lies she’s done said, maybe her previous shooting, the way she conducts herself, the fact that he conveniently had his door unlocked at the same time she was on the wrong floor. I don’t know guys. I can’t shake it. At all. Again, I’m not saying it’s not an accident but just something does not feel right
I have the same feeling. Like we still don't really know what happened.

I have only been able to watch news clips here and there of the trial.
Has it come out exactly what steps the Dallas PD took after this incident? I saw some chatter on the thread here suggesting she was given inappropriate liberties to move out, not get tested immediately for substances, etc.
Any truth to that? What has been disclosed at trial?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thanks. I found an article also, but it never states who rendered aid following the shooting. Perez did live and took a plea deal. AG was assigned to a high-risk warrant task force. Jean's shooting makes even less sense.
Wait wait ... you gotta see this one.
I have only been able to watch news clips here and there of the trial.
Has it come out exactly what steps the Dallas PD took after this incident? I saw some chatter on the thread here suggesting she was given inappropriate liberties to move out, not get tested immediately for substances, etc.
Any truth to that? What has been disclosed at trial?

I can tell you for a fact that she was allowed to stay at the scene, she was allowed to sit in the front seat of a police car and text, while also having the president of the police association come in and tell another sergeant to cut off the video rolling in the car so that nothing is said on camera. Apparently drug test wasn’t until 3 am. President Took her over to the side and said something. Her friends showed up. I’m trying to think what else lol..

Wait wait ... you gotta see this one.

I can tell you for a fact that she was allowed to stay at the scene, she was allowed to sit in the front seat of a police car and text, while also having the president of the police association come in and tell another sergeant to cut off the video rolling in the car so that nothing is said on camera. Apparently drug test wasn’t until 3 am. President Took her over to the side and said something. Her friends showed up. I’m trying to think what else lol..
That all needs to be investigated.
Further, there has never been a strand test of her hair to check for anabolic steroids which could attribute to unbalanced, rage-based behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member