GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was confident in a lesser charge conviction. I truly hope the judge is not allowing the removal of those charges. I think removing those plus having information about the castle doctrine in the instructions can lead to an acquittal. I want her held accountable and now I'm nervous. Guess I need to sit back and wait for closing arguments.

This was what I thought would happen. The DA is savvy, he didn't want to alienate LEO, or public, he puts on vigorous defense, then, jury instructions are so stringent, murder charge only, it is a lifeline for AG, to not alienate LEO.

Knew it was going to be collusion. Now, if she gets off, jury is at fault. If jury finds her guilty, appeal process is already a done deal.

If she gets off, I blame the DA.

It's like he is purposely trying to lose this case.

He wants all the lesser charges thrown out.

Why would you want to throw out manslaughter ir negligent homicide when you would probably have the jury find her guilty on one of those charges?

It is extremely stupid on his part.

Jmo

I think it’s either murder or she walks. Manslaughter would prob not even get her any prison time. So in terms of justice for Botham Jean, a conviction on manslaughter with no time has no value.

I knew the whole she was just so distracted and made a mistake would allow her to walk! I knew it!

ETA: Looks like Judge Kemp was endorsed by the Dallas Police Association.

I was confident in a lesser charge conviction. I truly hope the judge is not allowing the removal of those charges. I think removing those plus having information about the castle doctrine in the instructions can lead to an acquittal. I want her held accountable and now I'm nervous. Guess I need to sit back and wait for closing arguments.

I can't believe he wants the manslaughter charge out.

I agree, it looks like they are going for all or nothing. Guilty of murder or acquittal. Wow, jury is going to be upset IMO. Could be a hung jury at the conclusion of this deliberation.

BBM: OMG ... I cannot even imagine what Mr. Botham's family is going through right now.

This was an INNOCENT MAN, minding his own business, enjoying his evening and a bowl of ice cream in HIS OWN HOME!

What a travesty!

Wow so judge is basically allowing the jury to have instruction that says if they believe she was mistaken then they can acquit.

ETA: Basically the instruction does not treat her intent and decision to kill as a separate issue from her mistake. So if they believe she was genuinely mistaken then she can walk. Then you have the castle doctrine in there. So....

Dallas is not going to be a place that I want to be in if she walks!
she needs to do at least 10 years for his life and if she could have saved him ....longer!!

This was what I thought would happen. The DA is savvy, he didn't want to alienate LEO, or public, he puts on vigorous defense, then, jury instructions are so stringent, murder charge only, it is a lifeline for AG, to not alienate LEO.

Knew it was going to be collusion. Now, if she gets off, jury is at fault. If jury finds her guilty, appeal process is already a done deal.

I don't blame you. His decision to try to get rid of the lesser includeds is insane in light of the inclusion of the Castle Doctrine, which coupled with mistake of fact is a complete defense to murder and allows for an acquittal.

And he knows Tx law so he knew it was likely to be included in the instructions.

But recklessness- she didn't follow protocol of her department and thus was reckless- directly refutes the reasonableness element of the mistake of fact defense. Which is why I have been arguing that manslaughter has to be an option. It may be too confusing and/or seem too harsh to the jury otherwise. And then @iluvmua will be totally right that this case was overcharged.

His request is suspicious. Or smacks of an undeserved bravado.

It's very concerning. It's basically stating that if she was reasonably mistaken, then the Castle Doctrine applies.

My confidence in this case has deteriorated fast.

Good thing I'm not a lawyer or a judge because I just can't see a person that doesn't have legal physical right to a property claiming the castle doctrine for their benefit. All I can see is that she is the intruder even if she doesn't think so. Since when does thinking something make it so? I better not shoot anyone breaking into my house as they might claim they thought it was theirs and get away with shooting me.....

If she gets off, I blame the DA.

It's like he is purposely trying to lose this case.

He wants all the lesser charges thrown out.

Why would you want to throw out manslaughter ir negligent homicide when you would probably have the jury find her guilty on one of those charges?

It is extremely stupid on his part.

Jmo
Appears that the Prosecution is intentionally making a move to "throw the case". JMO

BBM: OMG ... I cannot even imagine what Mr. Botham's family is going through right now.

This was an INNOCENT MAN, minding his own business, enjoying his evening and a bowl of ice cream in HIS OWN HOME!

What a travesty!

The fact that Mr Botham liked cookie crumbles on his ice cream killed me. I was really sad after hearing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail