GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actions have to have consequences...

The state made a good point about her not following procedures to enter the apartment and that she had decided to go in with gun drawn.

As another said no one wins but imo she does need to be held accountable for his death

Yes, Guyger didn't follow proper police safety protocols. She should've taken cover/concealment and radioed for support. Instead she wanted to play Dirty Harry (Harriot) and go in to "find the threat." Jean would be alive today if Guyger did what she should have done.

Yes, Guyger didn't follow proper police safety protocols. She should've taken cover/concealment and radioed for support. Instead she wanted to play Dirty Harry (Harriot) and go in to "find the threat." Jean would be alive today if Guyger did what she should have done.
I think she had some married boyfriend Munchhausen by proxy syndrome and thought if the worst happened he would abandon all to come save her!!!!! IMO JMO !!!

State said on closing there was a big baseball bat leaning by the door in apt photographs ...
Why wouldn’t Bo of used that? Picked it up?
Because Bo was no where near the door!

Today in closing was the first time I heard it mentioned, but I remembered seeing it in the photos. ( left side in the corner). He made an excellent point with bringing that up in response to defense asserting that Bo was standing way back by the patio door!

Attachments

• 81454522-AEE3-4B17-BD08-6A6BA03F6ACC.jpeg
    81454522-AEE3-4B17-BD08-6A6BA03F6ACC.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 41
Jury begins deliberation in trial of Amber Guyger, will consider murder and manslaughter

The jury is considering whether Amber Guyger is guilty of murder, a lesser crime of manslaughter, or if she is not guilty.
The defense rested its case on Monday morning in the murder trial of Amber Guyger, and the prosecution chose not to call any rebuttal witnesses.
Prior to each side delivering their closing arguments, Judge Tammy Kemp read the charges to the jury.
The state finished its final statements just before 1 p.m. and the jury was dismissed before lunch before beginning deliberation.
The jury is considering whether Guyger is guilty of murder, a lesser crime of manslaughter, or if she is not guilty.
The jury and four alternates are sequestered for the duration of the trial.

Link:

Jury begins deliberation in trial of Amber Guyger, will consider murder and manslaughter

This was an excellent point to focus on and I would wager it had a huge impact on the jurors. JMO
As someone with a condo, this hit me very hard. She also acknowledged she knew that they were coming as well. I could see how she may assume that only 8 to 4, but even a logical person would still be like “well maybe they are here late for some reason.” If there was ever a part where I believed her, (there wasn’t lol) but if there was, she completely lost me there.

Would this case be any different, if it was the maintenance man? That’s interesting to think about.

Since the prosecution never brought up the whole "failure to render aid" aspect of this in closing, I wonder if they are confident that she will be found guilty of something, and are keeping her behavior after the fact in their back pocket for sentencing.

Since the prosecution never brought up the whole "failure to render aid" aspect of this in closing, I wonder if they are confident that she will be found guilty of something, and are keeping her behavior after the fact in their back pocket for sentencing.
Certainly hope so !!!!

That the email about maintenance coming did not have the 8 to 5 time on that email like she said it did *he brought that out during her questioning* ... and although she may assume that because it’s night time, how was she sure that it couldn’t have been someone from maintenance in *her* apartment if she was totally aware that maintenance was coming those days. So basically assuming it’s a burglar or whatever was reckless

Shades of the arguments in the Oscar Pistorious case - that it didn't matter WHO it was in the bathroom, his intention was to kill whoever was in there, therefore he's guilty.

The Castle Doctrine appears to hold that an intruder in your home constitutes a threat of harm just because they're there. They don't have to rush at you or have a weapon or say anything to be considered a threat. TX law allows you to kill them without provocation. Then being there is the provocation.
As a side note, this is largely true in Texas practice, but not true in the absolute sense.

Rather, an intruder in a home is presumed to be a threat by their presence. Thus deadly force against them is presumed justified. But.... neither prong is assumed.

Thus, the State can still prosecute home occupants if it can be shown conclusively that the intruder was not a threat at the time they were killed by the occupant (ie execution).

But.... even in "execution" circumstances, it can be hard to get a conviction in Texas as one case illustrated when teenage burglars were seen by the homeowner, ordered to kneel, then one was shot by homeowner from behind.

Negligent homicide has been discussed, but now all I'm hearing is murder or manslaughter. I was surprised to learn that in Texas, negligent homicide carries of a maximum prison sentence of only 2 years.
This is way beyond negligent homicide. Perhaps, if she was cleaning her service weapon and it accidently fired, the bullet going through her ceiling, striking and killing Jean, then negligent homicide may apply, but not this.

This is way beyond negligent homicide. Perhaps, if she was cleaning her service weapon and it accidently fired, the bullet going through her ceiling, striking and killing Jean, then negligent homicide may apply, but not this.
Interesting Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member