GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest In Peace to Bo. I pray justice is served for his beautiful soul.

This is one of the most heartbreaking cases I have ever heard of. A totally innocent person enjoying ice cream and feeling safe and comfortable in his own home and boom
some lunatic woman barges in with guns blazing- i don't think Bo had much time process what was happening to him (thanks be to God), but he had enough time to
experience shock. RIP Mr. Jean.

She 100 % testified that she intentionally shot to kill, that's murder in Texas , hopefully the jury will come back with Murder , <modsnip - rumor> ....either way me and mine will be home just hoping justice for Bo is really justice!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Closing statements made in Amber Guyger murder trial

Prosecutors argued on Monday in their closing arguments that ex-Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger was "unreasonable" when she mistakenly entered her neighbor's apartment "commando-style" last year and fatally shot him, thinking he was an intruder.

"A guilty verdict in this case does not mean you hate police. This has nothing to do with politics," prosecutor Jason Fine told the jurors.

Link:

Closing statements made in Amber Guyger murder trial

He's right. I support LE.

State closing- I did not know about the baseball bat. Has that ever been mentioned?

Defense closing- I thought they were very sneaky quoting Ranger Armstrong. I still think Armstrong( in his lonnnggg entirety) was going to be the defense Hail Mary.
Rut row. It fell flat IMO.
I've never heard anything about a baseball bat. What was said?

I guess I missed that. What did Hermes say?

That the email about maintenance coming did not have the 8 to 5 time on that email like she said it did *he brought that out during her questioning* ... and although she may assume that because it’s night time, how was she sure that it couldn’t have been someone from maintenance in *her* apartment if she was totally aware that maintenance was coming those days. So basically assuming it’s a burglar or whatever was reckless

That the email about maintenance coming did not have the 8 to 5 time on that email like she said it did *he brought that out during her questioning* ... and although she may assume that because it’s night time, how was she sure that it couldn’t have been someone from maintenance in *her* apartment if she was totally aware that maintenance was coming those days. So basically assuming it’s a burglar or whatever was reckless

Wow!! I missed that.

Can someone break down the castle doctrine for me? Also, what influence does it on case now that the judge ruled it can be applied

I think we are going to need to read the jury instructions to understand fully. But check out some or posts today. I was discussing it.

This was an excellent point to focus on and I would wager it had a huge impact on the jurors. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler