GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just going to say this while we wait - there are no winners in this case no matter the verdict. I know everyone has their views both pros and defense but, right now, my thoughts are with the Jean family and all those whose lives have been changed by Botham's precious life being taken way too soon. He was not only an innocent person, he was, by all accounts, an amazing person.♥️
Beautiful post, thank you.
Let the people of Dallas come together to create some good out of this horrific tragedy.

Surrounding Botham’s family with love.

Amateur opinion and speculation

To the attorneys on here,

Is there any studies that show what a verdict could possibly be based on timing that they deliberate? Shorter or Longer?
I’m no attorney but I watch an unreasonable amount of Court TV. Lol. Ole Vinnie Politan always says it’s a good bet that for each day of trial there will be equal number of hours to reach a verdict. I’m pretty sure he got it right in the last 2 trials I watched. 5 day trial = 5 hours till verdict.
This one I’m not sure if that will be the case.

Did you see this? Courtesy of @Mm9701 :

Watched the video of Botham again to calm my nerves while waiting on justice.....

It’s eerie how events can be foreshadowed. Some two and a half years earlier, in February of 2016, Botham led the prayer while still sitting down. Then he touched the left side of his chest (the side he was shot on) three times while saying “with all my heart”.

Anyone notice it too?

Edited to say:
I believe he was sitting down when she shot him. The ice cream bowl was pretty far away, almost towards the balcony.

Two things stand out for me. The trajectory of the bullet and the red doormat. Those are facts that can't be disputed. And the defense argument about a bullet would have had to have landed in the ice cream bowl? Rediculous!

Nothing will bring Botham Jean back obviously but justice requires a murder conviction in this case. But the rest of us are still alive and have to go on and the idea that she gets to walk among us like another innocent is intolerable. That’s why we have laws. It is morally unconscionable that she gets to say “oops” and walk away from this. Applying the Castle Doctrine is absurd.

Hermus has restored my hope for a murder conviction but as a realist I’m expecting manslaughter or hung.

Closing statements made in Amber Guyger murder trial

Prosecutors argued on Monday in their closing arguments that ex-Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger was "unreasonable" when she mistakenly entered her neighbor's apartment "commando-style" last year and fatally shot him, thinking he was an intruder.

"A guilty verdict in this case does not mean you hate police. This has nothing to do with politics," prosecutor Jason Fine told the jurors.

Link:

Closing statements made in Amber Guyger murder trial

Is anyone local seeing any scuttle on the local channels? Any good talking heads to listen to?

And, might I add … I hope all y'all have a good rest of the day! :)

Y'all can be singular, plural, possessive, plural possessive … but ALL y'all means everybody, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DNALab4U