GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I forgot to bring up earlier - so apparently judge ordered the feed to be cut and cleared the courtroom before AG was handcuffed and taken into custody yesterday. Again, favorable treatment for a former officer. Anybody else would be shown publicly.

Something I forgot to bring up earlier - so apparently judge ordered the feed to be cut and cleared the courtroom before AG was handcuffed and taken into custody yesterday. Again, favorable treatment for a former officer. Anybody else would be shown publicly.
According to a WFAA commentator who is a defense attorney, they typically do that will all people, not just LE, because they don't at this stage want to prejudice the jury in any way.

Now, he said, “My Sundays have been destroyed.”
upload_2019-10-2_13-51-56.jpeg
“How could we have lost Botham? Such a sweet boy. He tried his best to live a good honest life. He loved God. He loved everyone. How could this happen to him?” said Bertrum Jean, who broke into tears as he spoke about his son, who was killed just shy of his 27th birthday.

“Everybody that knows her knows that Amber is the sweetest person,” said Odhiambo, who added that Guyger had wanted to be a police officer for as long as she’d known her.

After friends and family of Jean addressed the court, Guyger’s attorneys began calling witnesses to speak on behalf of the former officer. First up was Guyger’s mother, who said her daughter Amber was the youngest of three children and was sexually assaulted by a man when she was a young child. As she spoke, defense attorneys showed photos of Guyger’s family.

Officer Cathy Odhiambo, who is black, described Guyger as a longtime friend, saying they met when they were servers at a TGI Fridays restaurant, and that they both eventually attended the police academy and became Dallas police officers.

“Everybody that knows her knows that Amber is the sweetest person,” said Odhiambo, who added that Guyger had wanted to be a police officer for as long as she’d known her.
Update: Amber Guyger sentencing proceedings Day 2

I think the immediate sentencing in front of the same jury is what necessitated that decision by the judge. JMO. AFAIK a jury who is still in any position of decision making on a case doesn’t typically ever see the defendant in shackles.

WOW! Look at that hair, the shine and fullness is gone. Guess that's what happens when you're in jail for killing an innocent person.
Speaking of her hair, did anyone notice (during some down time sometime after the guilty verdict) the female police officer in the courtroom stroking and running her fingers through Amber's hair? It just seemed so wildly inappropriate.

Ugh where's Hermus??? Bring Hermus!!!

ETA: I really hate it when they split up the closings between two attorneys. They did that on the trial I was a juror on and it threw me off. I think the main atty should do the whole closing. Especially on such an important case. I really appreciate the Juan Martinez style. Or just two attys with one being the clear lead. The lead should do all the arguments.

Speaking of her hair, did anyone notice (during some down time sometime after the guilty verdict) the female police officer in the courtroom stroking and running her fingers through Amber's hair? It just seemed so wildly inappropriate.

Hello,

Yes, I saw the video that was posted here - it's on yesterday's thread.

BBM: Totally inappropriate for an LE officer to touch the defendant like that !

Just unbelievable. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member