GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thoughts. Is it not enough that they were murdered and some details were released? Must a woman from Illinois spend HOURS and HOURS sitting and talking with CW, exposing physical details that are not necessary and frankly inappropriate to share? Is nothing sacred? Does she have nothing positive she could have done with her time instead? Who cares if a murderer’s story re: finding god is told. Is this all about the money (for the book) to the author? Is she paying CW some money for this material? Enough of this ridiculousness! It’s going to be a long, hard life in prison - for however long or short. What a mess, indeed. I too would never give any money for content like this. But a fund for something positive in Shanann and the children’s name (to help others) - that I would be happy to do.

Per the official reports, there was no Oxy in Shanann's blood, her eyes were not filled with blood and the girl's faces were not bruised. He's a liar.
I just got back from walking the dogs, and this shows up. I just scanned it quickly...how on earth would anyone believe that he smothered the girls and they BOTH woke up again, and wandered around? That has to be one of the most bizarre unbelievable things he's come up with.

Still reading....

From the article:
  • Chris Watts confessed he 'murdered' daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, TWICE, in a letter to author Cheryln Cadle
  • The letters and Cadle's one-on-one conversations with Watts in prison form the basis of her upcoming book, Letters From Christopher
  • Watts, 34, described smothering the little girls in their beds with a pillow on August 13, 2018, before going back to bed with his pregnant wife Shanann Watts
  • But shockingly his daughters 'woke back up' bruised and traumatized after he had strangled Shanann to death in their bed in Frederick, Colorado
  • He then describes driving to the oil field where he methodically killed both of his daughters for the second and final time
  • The father admitted in his letter that he had been plotting the murders for some time so he could be with his mistress Nichol Kessinger
  • He also confessed that he had slipped the potent painkiller Oxycodone to his wife in the hope of inducing a miscarriage and making it easier to leave her
[...]

Watts' letter, below in its entirety, lays out in grim detail how he attempted to smother his daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, before strangling his pregnant wife Shanann at their home in Frederick, Colorado.

19111684-7520985-image-m-8_1569854467331.jpg

In the letter, Watts writes: 'August 13th, morning of, I went to the girls' room first, before Shanann and I had our argument. I went to Bella's room, then Cece's room and used a pillow from their bed (to kill them). That's why the cause of death was smothering. After I left Cece's room, then I climbed back in bed with Shanann and our argument ensued.

'After Shanann had passed, Bella and Cece woke back up. I'm not sure how they woke back up, but they did. Bella's eyes were bruised and both girls looked like they had been through trauma. That made the act that much worse knowing I went to their rooms first and knowing I still took their lives at the location of the batteries.'

19111678-7520985-image-a-14_1569854678076.jpg
19111680-7520985-image-a-17_1569854704334.jpg
19111684-7520985-image-a-18_1569854730039.jpg
19111682-7520985-Watts_said_that_to_his_surprise_his_daughters_came_walking_into_-a-1_1570044124588.jpg

[...]

However, he admitted in the letter that he had been plotting the murders for some time.

'August 12th when I finished putting the girls to bed, I walked away and said ''That's the last time I'm going to be tucking my babies in.'' I knew what was going to happen the day before and I did nothing to stop it!' he wrote.

He also confessed that he had slipped the potent painkiller Oxycodone to his wife in the hope of inducing a miscarriage. 'I thought it would be easier to be with Nichol if Shanann wasn't pregnant,' he wrote.

[...]

The 65-year-old grandmother from northern Illinois, wrote three times before Watts replied. She subsequently visited him in prison three times, with each meeting lasting around five hours, after he put her on his visitor list.

Since March, she has spoken with him about three times a week on the phone. Their most recent conversation took place last week.

[...]

After meeting in person, Watts decided to allow Cadle to use his letters for her first book, Letters From Christopher: The Tragic Confessions of the Watts Family Murders.

He agreed to the book in exchange for Cadle's promise that she would publish his 'testimony of coming to God and the forgiveness he received'.

[...]

'Isn't it weird how I look back and what I remember so much is her face getting all black with streaks of mascara?' Watts said.

'All the weeks of me thinking about killing her, and now I was faced with it. When she started to get drowsy, I somehow knew how to squeeze the jugular veins until it cut off the blood flow to her brain, and she passed out...

'I knew if I took my hands off of her, she would still keep me from Nikki. They asked me why she couldn't fight back, it's because she couldn't fight back. Her eyes filled with blood; as she looked at me and she died. I knew she was gone when she relieved herself.'

Watts said that, to his surprise, his daughters came walking into the room while he was wrapping Shanann in a bedsheet and began asking what was wrong with their mom. He told them that she wasn't feeling well.

[...]

Watts told Cadle: 'The girls were just kind of running around the house, and watching me with scared looks on their faces. Bella started to cry and when she did Celeste started whimpering. What a nightmare this was.'

[...]

Last edited:
Why he is even allowed to correspond with anyone?? He lost all of human privileges after he decided to commit to this heinous crime.

Sad thing, that this seriously is hoping to be released after 20 years...

Anyone with a heart should boycott this book...

Last edited:
I don't recall any bruises on the girls, especially Cece. Bella had damage to her mouth, and scraping on her body, but bruising? Maybe it was too late to detect that.
"that's why the cause of death was smothering" (sound like right out of the autopsy report, why would he say it like that? It's like he read that somewhere. So I stuck a pillow on top of them, that's why the cause of death was smothering?

This still doesn’t make sense.

So he “kills” the kids first, and then returns to bed with Shanann?

This would have been incredibly risky, as she’s the only one who could have stopped him from killing Cece and Bella.

I think the only real takeaway is that this was planned, and the fight with Shanann had nothing to do with this.

If there even was a fight, which I don’t buy based on what we knew before, and what he’s saying now.

He contradicted himself with the painkillers, and he’s contradicting himself now.

He wants us to believe this was a “premeditated crime of passion.”

That’s not a real thing.

"All the weeks of me thinking about killing her, and now I was faced with it. When she started to get drowsy, I somehow knew how to squeeze the jugular veins until it cut off the blood flow to her brain, and she passed out...

'I knew if I took my hands off of her, she would still keep me from Nikki. They asked me why she couldn't fight back, it's because she couldn't fight back. Her eyes filled with blood; as she looked at me and she died. I knew she was gone when she relieved herself.'
-------------------------------------------
"When she started to get drowsy", so he drugged her with something, that makes sense. That would be why she didn't fight back. The part about the jugular veins sounds like he got it from some book.

"All the weeks of me thinking about killing her, and now I was faced with it. When she started to get drowsy, I somehow knew how to squeeze the jugular veins until it cut off the blood flow to her brain, and she passed out...

-------------------------------------------
The part about the jugular veins sounds like he got it from some book.

Yup. A book, or all the online discussion regarding this case.

This whole thing is a steaming pile of horse poo.

This still doesn’t make sense.

So he “kills” the kids first, and then returns to bed with Shanann?

This would have been incredibly risky, as she’s the only one who could have stopped him from killing Cece and Bella.

I think the only real takeaway is that this was planned, and the fight with Shanann had nothing to do with this.

If there even was a fight, which I don’t buy based on what we knew before, and what he’s saying now.

He contradicted himself with the painkillers, and he’s contradicting himself now.

He wants us to believe this was a “premeditated crime of passion.”

That’s not a real thing.

I think he drugged Shan'ann before he murdered the girls. That is the only way she would not have been able to stop him.

Last edited:
Per the official reports, there was no Oxy in Shanann's blood, her eyes were not filled with blood and the girl's faces were not bruised. He's a liar.

This is my understanding, too. I cannot stand reading that he thinks he has been "saved".

Maybe he hasn't yet figured out that he is the spawn of Satan!

I don't recall any bruises on the girls, especially Cece. Bella had damage to her mouth, and scraping on her body, but bruising? Maybe it was too late to detect that.
"that's why the cause of death was smothering" (sound like right out of the autopsy report, why would he say it like that? It's like he read that somewhere. So I stuck a pillow on top of them, that's why the cause of death was smothering?
Everything you all have just said. After seeing the recent replies it’s so clear he is just trying to stay central. He hasn’t changed, he’s still a sociopathic narcissist. He has to have attention. So he has to come up with this garbage.

I want to throat punch both of them. Sadly, I can’t but I’d be glad to do some time for it.

All the weeks of me thinking about killing her, and now I was faced with it. When she started to get drowsy, I somehow knew how to squeeze the jugular veins until it cut off the blood flow to her brain, and she passed out...

------------------------------------------------
This sounds like one of those novels that start out...."It was a dark and stormy night..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member