GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge thanked the jury and told them counseling is available and will be provided to them if needed.

Well lady, it seems to be within the range that all three attorneys on here sort of felt was appropriate.

I think maybe based on similar levels of culpable conduct in other cases.

I don't feel it's injustice. She will forever be a convicted murderer.

Bless his brother.. I am not sure I would have been able to act so graciously and I think that his actions show true compassion and forgiveness

His brother would be proud of him

Omg, this! The brother is the epitome of grace. May God bless him richly. I've never seen that much class in a courtroom. You're right, Botham is smiling and the angels are singing.

I'm not christian but i absolutely was moved and loved how this played out today. His brother was amazing and strong and powerful in his statement, and in asking to give her a hug, and the mutual back and forth during the hug was so powerful. You could see it was REAL. This wasn't for anything other than mutual sorrow. And i think the family ASKED the judge to take her a bible... and i'm good with that too. Like i said, i'm not Christian, but i'm good with bringing it back to schools and letting everyone do whats in their own hearts... to the best of their ability.

What? Oh please link! What a family. They're truly true Christians.

Mom speaking to training, crime scene tampering, her son murdered. Asking for Dallas to clean up inside. Texas Rangers to determine where they stand. Powerful.

I am glad that she spoke to the smearing of her son and how Ms. Guyger was treated with deference. The right things are highlighted. She speaks a truth that is critical to the healing.

Anyone know who the woman in red with the white pearls is? I thought i saw her say something about her son being killed .......

This was an opportunity for healing and the judge did it in the language of the victim's family. She is truly a wise woman and we are lucky to have her for a judge.

That's the thing. I mean we have a serpararion of church and state and I want that protected. But victim, defendant and victim's families all appear to be of the Christian faith and so it's not like she gave a Buddhist a bible.

This is TX. Super religious. It was off the record and a horrible case. We can be human too.

I would normally have a lot of concerns about a public official doing something like that as everyone has different faiths or no faith and the government is to stay out of that.

But there's also a concept of reparative justice and also common sense. What will help the victims heal? What will help the community heal? Do these actions speak to the community? Can they help AG become a better person?

I try not to be too rigid in matters like this where healing is crucial for everyone.

She's right. Cops all over shoot first, ask questions later. They protect their own at all cost. This BS needs to stop.

You couldn't pay me enough to be a member of law enforcement in these times. Times have changed. There is no respect for authority any longer. Most (not all, MOST) of shootings, if you look at the statistics, the person shot has a criminal past. And not just a small rap sheet.... You bet i'd protect my life. And while i missed a lot of the trial and will be rewatching it, I can TOTALLY relate with coming home after a shift exhausted, half asleep, making the mistake of the wrong floor and finding 'your' door cracked, i have conceal/carry, my first thought would be to have it in my hand and ready. I think this was a mistake, a HUGE mistake, and her reflexes jumped to the wrong assumption. If she had just been a 'regular' woman, would it be the same outcome? who knows. I've not walked into wrong apartment, but i've walked in wrong door. And as for her demeanor, as a cop in Dallas, i'm guessing she had to have a tough exterior. It rubs off in your personal life too. I will rewatch and see if i feel the same after reviewing all of the testimony. But i understand the Murder verdict. She ADMITTED it was intentional. Normally it would be manslaughter since she didn't go after him specifically with intent. I don't know her training, how long she was on the force etc right now.. so i still have a lot to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royco