Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not very caught up from earlier this week, so I apologize if this has already been replied to in full. When I personally started putting the pieces together back in August about Patagonia Styles (not claiming to be the only one), it was as a result of finding her sister Daniella, with the seal shoe cover business, now selling rugs on FB marketplace that were "Patagonia Style Designer Rugs" (see attachment).

Could the word 'style' be a spelling error for 'styles'? Sure. But when the home industry uses the word 'style' as a descriptive...it's usually not a reference to the COO (Country of Origin) and doesn't necessarily mean that the rugs are imported from the Patagonia area. When 'style' is used, it's more often used in terms of likeness of origin, rather than actual origin. IMO, as a 21 year veteran of importing Home Furnishings, including hides from both China and India, it's certainly possible that MT's rugs are imported from the Patagonia region, though the pricing could just as easily be from the US, Brazil, or Asia. It all depends on the profit margin they're seeking. MT's sister is selling the rugs at a $389 price point.

As a point of reference, I replaced my 6'x9' entry way cowhide rug with a new one in February 2019 for $120 wholesale (bought at the NY Now Show from Chesterfield, a PA based Company importing cowhides from Brazil-see chesterfieldleather.com for reference). The same rug I bought in February would be about $60 wholesale from India (landed), and even less from China. Would it surprise me if MT was romancing her cowhides as being Patagonia 'style' cowhides and marketing them as such while actually importing them from China or India for the highest margin? Not even for a second. IMO, her rugs are nothing special in the existing market, so I hope that she just has a connection in the Patagonia area and is just blind to the market that already exists amongst US importers (because her pricing is too high to be competitive or pave a new road...and even if the pricing appeals to the average consumer who may or may not reach her private instagram account to buy them, or her sisters FB marketplace offering-even Ikea sells the same rugs at retail for $169, even less from Amazon). So it's either a shady business, it's a BS business to give her and her sister something to do, or it's simply a business that she knows very little about and thinks her 110 or so private Instagram followers and word-of-mouth customers will provide a 'get rich scheme' for her and her family, IMO.

To make a long story, longer, lol,...once I started putting the pieces together and accessed her once public instagram account, I found it to be more active since her arrest than prior to. I watched it and thought that with her and FD following each other, it was a very easy way to evade LE and stay under the radar. In the days leading up to September 8th (when I reported the account to LE), she was showing less about rugs and more about local CT locations and times (3:15pm became more prevalent) and possibly using the account to send 'inside' messages. As I've already said here, less than 24 hours after reporting the account and back-up documentation to LE, @PatagoniaStyles, a business, was now private. IMO, it's a total sham. At best, it was a business to give her a purpose and connect her to other locals. It has nothing to do with her previous 20 years of business experience...so you be the judge. An escape from FD? Possibly. An 'honest' business her baby daddy could understand, maybe? I think since her arrest, it has served as a shelter for her to communicate with FD (and her daughter and extended family) to appear legit. MOO

That’s all very interesting. If there were actual rugs involved I think they may have come from Turkey, looking at her FB friends.

Wait -- Please don't be fooled!

Since narcissists can't develop the ability to empathize with others, they can never learn to love. Unfortunately, this doesn't change when narcissists have children. The narcissist parent sees their child merely as a possession who can be used to further their own self-interests

Perfect example is with the water skiing. This was not ever the choice of the children -- this was all about FD. When JD tried to prevent it on behalf of the kids, she was threatened.

MOO

He has never even stated one thing showing concern about how they are doing during this time. I can't believe the only way he has acknowledged JFD being missing is to say not me and call her crazy.

Imo if he wanted any sympathy points rather than bashing JFD and her mother he should have made a statement of empathy or at least sympathy for their anguish. I want to say loss but he wouldnt say that as he claims he believes she is alive. That would get him a lot more in the court of public opinion than the way they have gone about things. He is such a jerk.

What? FD is not compliant. He’s supposed to keep his ankle monitoring charged. Four times not charged. He’s in contact with kids through second sources. He’s driven over state line.
What is wrong with CT? What is going on out there? Who’s in charge out there?
My dentures fell out and landed on the floor.

He even had the audacity to let the charge die the weekend before the court hearing. He was made aware on a Thursday to appear in court on Monday for it and he still did it again. Really he can't find 2 lousy hours a day to not sweep or jog and just sit there. Why not use the time that he communicates with MT to do so. Or better yet to write checks to the people he owes or letters to his children in the future or try to get his quickbooks (shoebox of fake receipts) in order. He could even polish his Gucci loafers or watch a violent revenge movie. Point is there is plenty he could do. It is not like he can travel and be busy water/snow skiing.

He even had the audacity to let the charge die the weekend before the court hearing. He was made aware on a Thursday to appear in court on Monday for it and he still did it again. Really he can't find 2 lousy hours a day to not sweep or jog and just sit there. Why not use the time that he communicates with MT to do so. Or better yet to write checks to the people he owes or letters to his children in the future or try to get his quickbooks (shoebox of fake receipts) in order. He could even polish his Gucci loafers or watch a violent revenge movie. Point is there is plenty he could do. It is not like he can travel and be busy water/snow skiing.

My hope is that a sufficient number of significant figures in this case believe "give him enough rope & he'll hang himself."

Not literally, and it may be MT who provides the metaphorical noose.

GF, you & your family are observing the High Holidays now. Praying that those responsible for your lovely daughter's death will be called to atone for their sins this Yom Kippur!

JMHO YMMV

@Midwestmom2019. No worries. Total nothing burger. Very disappointing day IMO. Atty. P was not in court today with FD, Atty. Smith was with FD today and argued weakly for the motion to dismiss.

Judge Blawie said that FD and Pattis were not in compliance with the 'gag order' terms after doing the 2 interviews with the Greek publications but because the 'gag order' was on appeal nothing would be done but the infraction would be noted. It was unclear whether Judge Blawie even knew there were 2 Greek interviews as he seemed to only reference one. States Atty had brought up the issue of the Greek articles but didn't disagree with Defense summary of the articles which I don't believe was entirely correct. The State supposedly gave a large package of discovery items to the defense today. Judge Blawie punted on the the issue of Defense 'motion to dismiss' and didn't rule today. Next court date is Nov 6 for FD.

MT plead 'not guilty' to charges from AW2 and Atty. Bowman also got a large package of discovery materials today.

Good summary article of the days disappointing events:

Jennifer Dulos case: Fotis warned about comments, Troconis pleads not guilty to latest charge

IMO, the SA covered the oral argument well. I liked the direct quotes.

KS was more articulate and deferential than NP. When DA Colangelo criticized the defense for not briefing the constitutional issue, KS acknowledged "the well placed criticism, the constitutional issue was not as fully briefed as we would have liked". I didn't read the brief but I suspect KS saved the constitutional argument, not elegantly but, "the offense is the offense, no notice of the predicate charge...State has no clothes" sufficed for Judge Blawie to respond in closing that "the motion to dismiss is against the information itself, not the warrant affidavit. In this case, the short form information, which does not allege specific [...] only the statute violated and the statute subsection. That is the state of the record." IMO, Judge Blawie was careful and understood the constitutional issue was larger than simply stating that there was probable cause for the warrant ergo no constitutional issue. Probably need to read Practice Book and the statute and the cases regarding notice of the underlying predicate charge required for hindering. Well, that was KS and NP's job to brief. Which they didn't do. MOO.

I am soooo behind, though meant to bring up earlier in the week/last week. Did anyone talk about how the cars mentioned in the Depo were in Greece one day, and the very next in New Jersey per FD? The ONLY possible way to get what was described as "cars" from Greece to NJ overnight would be by air freight. Unless FD has some friends with some VERY deep pockets and planes larger than lear jets, he was either lying (no surprise, imo) or the cars were actually flown and potentially skipped some of the inspection purely due to the expense of transporting multiple vehicles via air freight and customs found that to be legit (hate to say it, but having been in importing for more than 20 years, a container shipment via air freight IS possible overnight, at the tune of approx $30-40k, and those shipments are released pretty easily with customs because the understanding is that only deep pockets bring in air freight and the goods are needed to be cleared immediately). Not sure how clear all of this is, and will clarify tomorrow if needed.
Great info! You may be on to something. I remember a Flintstones/Alfred Hitchcock spoof about a wife's body in a steamer trunk sent overseas. Ingenious. Illicit cargo through Miami? Thinking of Miami Vice now. MOO.

@Morgan10028 Great find about the hauling company AMEC. You would hope that the truck driver would have reported his or her haul to NCPD. Non-English speaking day laborer not legally in the US perhaps? Recruited by MT and her posse behind the donut store/gas station? Here are some photos I took last week en route from Lapham Road to to the more remote Silvermine, Norwalk (houses set back behind thick tree obscured driveways) and perhaps over the boarder to South Salem, NY. Then air freight from New Jersey to Greece in the missing Porsche? The Greek accomplice will want his money, pronto. Greeks are famous for shipping though.

Aside: Hope LE has video from the houses at Lapham and Route 106 on the morning of Friday, May 24. MOO.

Attachments

• 20190928_121550_resized.jpg
    20190928_121550_resized.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190928_121557_resized.jpg
    20190928_121557_resized.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
More FD ‘games’ aka delay delay delay tactics with a late evening new Court filing for FD failure to appear:

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17876466
Yes, time to pack up the UHauls and hit the road FD! At some point I hope some court someplace in CT follows through on the Atty. Weinstein motions for default for 'not showing up'.

The continued defiance of the CT Judiciary system is getting a bit old and what message is it sending to people about their obligations etc. Pathetic that FD legal team aka PATTISVILLE doesn't even have their client responding to court documents and showing up as required.

To me these choices say as much about FD as they do about the entire PATTISVILLE crew of attorneys (yes, this means Atty. Pattis, Atty. Rochlin., Atty Smith., Atty. Mawhinney and Atty. Murray = aka Pattisville Crew).

What I would love to know is why individual attorneys aren't sanctioned or reported to the bar for the fact that their client is not complying with court orders and/or showing up when requested by the court. So far as I know none of FD's attys has resigned in protest and they are all listed as being his counsel on the most recent court documents.

What is going on in CT? Its always sadly Groundhog Day in CT!

MOO

CT has what appears to be a very active group of divorced dads who have been wronged. They have a website and lots of advice. I won't link it....but, it's not hard to find.

These may be FD's new "supporters".
You are correct about this group of active 'fathers rights' activists. BUT, if you look at their history I don't think they would touch FD with a 10 ft poll as his case has been tainted by the DV issues present in the marriage and the psychological abuse issues alleged against the children.

I could write on and on about why they would stay far away from FD. These groups have been around for awhile and take their work seriously and I do think they have accomplished some change in CT.

I just don't think they would jeopardise their past works and longer term goals to take on FD as his well documented record as a father, parent, husband and all around human being are simply deficient IMO.

When you read the stories of some of the fathers that are part of these various groups they had real issues with the CT Family Court system and they weren't being heard in many cases. FD has never had any issues IMO being heard by the system and in his 2+ years of Family Court interaction has amassed a file filled with 3rd party assessments as well as Judicial decisions that would make him effectively 'toxic waste' IMO to any of the fathers group.

Exhibit 1 in my mind could only be the situation with his oldest son and the great psychological damage inflicted on the two oldest when they were enlisted to lie on behalf of FD and MT and then keep their younger brothers and sisters in line with the lies too. Many more examples of other things done, but my point is that it wouldn't be in the best interests of any fathers group to step up to defend any 'father' that psychologically abused his children in such a manner as the behaviour was IMO 'monstrous'.

My guess is that the heckler in court yesterday was a 'lone wolf' nut job or a paid heckler by Pattisville. No group serious about the work of improving fathers rights in Family Court would IMO show up and heckle and certainly not for an indefensible 'father' such as FD.

MOO

Last edited:
That’s all very interesting. If there were actual rugs involved I think they may have come from Turkey, looking at her FB friends.
The Turkey connection is interesting and certainly possible. I was looking again at the rugs at 4Jx and wondering if they were possibly of Turkish origin as they didn't appear to be Iranian. Wonder if FD still has family and possible rug connections in Turkey? Would make sense if he set up MT in business or if they even used the business to 'move things around'! MOO

I am soooo behind, though meant to bring up earlier in the week/last week. Did anyone talk about how the cars mentioned in the Depo were in Greece one day, and the very next in New Jersey per FD? The ONLY possible way to get what was described as "cars" from Greece to NJ overnight would be by air freight. Unless FD has some friends with some VERY deep pockets and planes larger than lear jets, he was either lying (no surprise, imo) or the cars were actually flown and potentially skipped some of the inspection purely due to the expense of transporting multiple vehicles via air freight and customs found that to be legit (hate to say it, but having been in importing for more than 20 years, a container shipment via air freight IS possible overnight, at the tune of approx $30-40k, and those shipments are released pretty easily with customs because the understanding is that only deep pockets bring in air freight and the goods are needed to be cleared immediately). Not sure how clear all of this is, and will clarify tomorrow if needed.
The whole 'shipping cars from Greece story' doesn't really make much sense to me unless the cars were being used as a way to bring something else into the US illegally. I'd guess it could have been currency, gold, drugs, rugs or other items for sale etc. I have to go back to the deposition but I didn't get the sense that the 2 vehicles were air freighted to the US. I could have just missed the point or thought it didn't make much sense and that is why I didn't focus on air freight. IDK but I will go back and look at the depo again.

FD had family and friends presumably in Greece and the vehicles brought over weren't rare or exotics IMO. My recollection is one was just a basic Range Rover and I don't even recall what the 2nd vehicle was, but why spend the money to ship them when they could have been sold locally or even given to family? My guess is the vehicles were simply used as containers for something perhaps more valuable. It all seems to be financially pointless to ship basic vehicles back and forth to the EU. So, there must be another angle.

Air shipment of vehicles as you point out can be done but its unusual and so far as I know usually only done for high value vehicles. Even so, exotic and rare vehicles are routinely put on the water and not flown so I'd be surprised that air freight was used in FD case.

I do hope LE impounded the vehicles and stripped them to make sure nothing was smuggled in by FD and the Greek Family. Probably didn't happen though so perhaps whatever was in the vehicles is paying Pattisville?

MOO

People are taking the rocks as acts of love and want something to feel the good of this tragic story. We need to make more rocks in her honour!

I’ll say this very quickly and concisely in the hope of avoiding off-topic trouble but the rescued kitten I named Justice (for JD) the night AW2 went out is doing great and very happy to have been named in JD’s honor! You don’t want to reply to this in case it’s deleted. Just MOO.

Me, too. A number of people who had been regular contributors here have left, and I am starting to feel the same way. A watched pot never boils...

I know what you mean although some may be busy on other sites now and some may have left for other reasons. This pot will boil again with news, I feel sure! :) I know it makes little sense but I feel like coming here is something I can do to support JD and her family since I can’t think of anything else to do. MOO.

Yes, time to pack up the UHauls and hit the road FD! At some point I hope some court someplace in CT follows through on the Atty. Weinstein motions for default for 'not showing up'.

The continued defiance of the CT Judiciary system is getting a bit old and what message is it sending to people about their obligations etc. Pathetic that FD legal team aka PATTISVILLE doesn't even have their client responding to court documents and showing up as required.

To me these choices say as much about FD as they do about the entire PATTISVILLE crew of attorneys (yes, this means Atty. Pattis, Atty. Rochlin., Atty Smith., Atty. Mawhinney and Atty. Murray = aka Pattisville Crew).

What I would love to know is why individual attorneys aren't sanctioned or reported to the bar for the fact that their client is not complying with court orders and/or showing up when requested by the court. So far as I know none of FD's attys has resigned in protest and they are all listed as being his counsel on the most recent court documents.

What is going on in CT? Its always sadly Groundhog Day in CT!

MOO

What is confusing to me are all the different judges who hear/make rulings throughout one given case. There doesn't seem to be any continuity.

IMO...this issue leads to NO PROGRESS!

I’ll say this very quickly and concisely in the hope of avoiding off-topic trouble but the rescued kitten I named Justice (for JD) the night AW2 went out is doing great and very happy to have been named in JD’s honor! You don’t want to reply to this in case it’s deleted. Just MOO.
BTW its possible to insert 'any' picture as your avatar on WS! Just saying.....!!!!!

What is confusing to me are all the different judges who hear/make rulings throughout one given case. There doesn't seem to be any continuity.

IMO...this issue leads to NO PROGRESS!
Well, Atty Weinstein successfully argued to get all the civil matters under a single judge. It took him nearly 2 years of managing 2 and now 3 cases to do so. But he has this issue resolved in civil court. The situation in criminal court I'm not sure much can be done about and I believe FD and MT have different judges but maybe this has changed as didn't we see MT heard yesterday by Judge Blawie? Family Court remains Judge Heller but who knows how long that will last as I think there have been at least 2 other Judges in Family Court but I'd have to go back and check to make 100% sure.

Cases like the Dulos cases certainly has put a microscope on the practices of CT Judiciary and the behaviour and choices of practicing attorneys in the State. I just wish the Press would write about it more but I guess they don't write about it because people simply don't care about it until it impacts them directly and you are faced with shelling out $1,000+ just to get an atty to show up for a continuance etc. that takes all of 20 secs. and might not even require any paperwork preparation.

MOO

I know what you mean although some may be busy on other sites now and some may have left for other reasons. This pot will boil again with news, I feel sure! :) I know it makes little sense but I feel like coming here is something I can do to support JD and her family since I can’t think of anything else to do. MOO.
With you 100%. :):mad::):mad::):mad:

There is little that can be done to show support IMO other than showing up and continuing to put the puzzle pieces together of this sad and tragic case.

5 children lost a Mom and I refuse to say they also lost a 'Dad' because I don't for a second believe FD cared at all about his children after reading through the Family Court case file. At best FD treated his children as 'possessions' IMO and I cannot even go there on the issue of FD as a husband and partner as the Family Court file makes his history in this regard quite clear IMO. JD was for all intents and purposes a single parent of 5 children and had been for a good long while IMO.

When I see 'gaming the system' by defendants and legal professionals across the various courts (civil, family and criminal) it just pushes me harder to try and understand what happened to JD.

It will be easier to Pattisville to 'defend' their client FD through manipulation of the CT legal system than anything having to do with the merits of their case IMO which is why I remain committed to being here and believe that Atty. P (who doesn't have a case IMO) needs to be closely watched by all.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member