GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think KM is a criminal (even before the conspiring to murder charge). She’s already proved that by not filing taxes and being paid under the table (both illegal). She also tried to commit insurance fraud. I think she thinks she can work the system and beat the system. I think that’s why she’s not flipping.

Yes; agreed! It's a certain mindset that she has. I see a lot of narcissism as well, which explains why she took the stand.

ETA: I also wonder how much of this murder for hire conspiracy on her part was an effort to keep CA close? Cause she acknowledged he was ghosting her. I wonder if on some level she wanted to have something to hold over him forever and just keep milking him. She was NOT shy about asking for things after the murder. Seems like that would've continued indefinitely. Hence, he would always have to mollify and "take care" of her every whim.

That braided hair, glasses, school girl innocent "look" for defendant is typical window dressing. But, it made me ill. She, the A's, and the whole lot of 'em are manipulative, self-serving "takers".

I just don't know if the jury will be sensible. I don't know if CA will ever be charged. If KM is acquitted I will feel worse than ill. I just keep thinking of DM's sons.

Sorry, I think I'm a dooms day cloud. :(

That braided hair, glasses, school girl innocent "look" for defendant is typical window dressing. But, it made me ill. She, the A's, and the whole lot of 'em are manipulative, self-serving "takers".

I just don't know if the jury will be sensible. I don't know if CA will ever be charged. If KM is acquitted I will feel worse than ill. I just keep thinking of DM's sons.

Naw, I’m with you. No one can predict a verdict with certainty. I really despise people like KM and the Adelsons. The Adelsons have a sense of entitlement that goes beyond. And KM? She’s an opportunist and her little innocent act on the stand did her no favors. I think the jury will see through her bs - I hope anyway. I will also feel very very sad and disappointed if the jury comes back not guilty. I have watched this case from day one - wanting justice for Dan and his family so very badly. I don’t know them, but really feel for them and strongly want justuce.

I'm very optimistic Charlie will be charged.

For me, it speaks volumes that KM perjured herself ... add that she is the connection to all parties speaks even louder!!

For me, it speaks volumes that KM perjured herself ... add that she is the connection to all parties speaks even louder!!

Yes. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think zero evidence was presented that there was any kind of direction connection between Garcia and an Adelson. In fact it was made clear that Charlie Adelson would be the last person Garcia would want to be conversing with (but he'll gladly take his money).

You really have to wonder just what other crimes all of these players have done.

I think they will both be convicted. KM is now basically useless to the State because of her testimony under oath that she has no actual knowledge if CA was involved. So if she's convicted I don't see the State ever doing a deal with her. JMO.

off track -- KM's female attorneys' dress attire is somewhat distracting (and must be uncomfortable).
They're constantly having to pull down their dresses, which are so tight over their bums that they keep riding up.
LOL.

That’s right. SHE is the link. Undeniable. It’s not a strange coincidence. Without her - SG and LR would not have killed Dan. Maybe someone else would have, but CA conspired with HER to arrange SG and LG to go to Tallahassee to murder Dan. It’s clear as day to logical people.

Yes, we watch the same testimony. No, we do not have the same perception.

And, courageous or foolish or desperate or whatever adjective fits, Katherine Magbanua projects a convincing eagerness in declaring her innocence. My 2 cents.

Some of you have her guilty as charged since day one. Others wait for the useful American adage “innocent until proven guilty”. Yet others experienced and remember the high expectations building up towards the verdicts of O.J Simpson and Casey Anthony.

How would the jury from West Palm Beach, FL, differ as compared to the jury from Tallahassee, FL?

The city is a college town home to Florida State University, Florida A&M University, and Tallahassee Community College. This court is in Leon County. Tallahassee has the most educated people in Florida with 49.9% of residents holding higher education degrees. USA average is 24% and Florida average is 22%. If you remove the college students, university faculty and staff, and their relatives because they may be registered to vote from somewhere else, they are not in the jury pool.

What type of jury does this Tallahassee trial have? How many intelligent questions have these Tallahassee jury asked? Are we going toward Casey Anthony situation, … in Florida?

I'm not really sure why folks persist in this notion that KM's Plan B is to flip if convicted. That is not a plan. She would have zero leverage at that point and once convicted she would face the mandatory sentence. There is nothing the state can do at that point. It's up to the legislature and the courts to seal her fate. And her sentence is already a done deal if convicted. I'm sure her lawyers have already explained this to her.

I think she's narcissistic and thinks she'll walk. I think it is probably as simple as that. She's mad at LE and the prosecutors - you can tell by her attitude on the stand. She's PO'd at them. She thinks she's the victim of the state in all of this. And she's wants an acquittal.

I don't know how state is going to take CA to trial with what they have now. They need KM. If she's convicted or acquitted, she's not going to testify against CA. There's no incentive to her. I mean, maaaaaybe a sentence reduction but that is very unlikely once convicted and sentenced by the judge. Unless she works out a deal before sentencing, which again is highly unlikely. The sentence is largely a forgone conclusion in murder convictions.

eta: honestly, in her mind, she probably sees it as 'what's the big deal?' she didn't do the actual murder, all she did was facilitate and they should go after Charlie. She was just doing Charlie's bidding. And for that she probably feels like the state is just charging her to put pressure on her to flip and she's stubbornly not going to give them what they want. I've known plenty of narcissists and let me tell you....this is not far-fetched. She probably also thinks that since the state was willing to give her immunity to flip on Charlie, that they must not think they have a winnable case against her.

Last edited:
off track -- KM's female attorneys' dress attire is somewhat distracting (and must be uncomfortable).
They're constantly having to pull down their dresses, which are so tight over their bums that they keep riding up.
LOL.

Absurdly tight clothes for the women defense attorneys (Kawass), insanely loud clothes for the men (Zageneh)--this is what professional attire means in Florida, at least for the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase