UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with these shoes. Do we think he literally had no other spare pair? Suggests something about his finances if so.

It seems odd to me that he would not have at least one other, more suitable, pair of shoes. Perhaps it shows that he was not quite as calm as he was trying to appear and he just grabbed the first ones that came to hand.

Live Sarah Wellgreen murder trial updates as jurors hear from partner Neil James

This is coming up on the header of the live feed, but there is no reporting as yet of what he is saying...
- so we must still be on Prosecution case

Like this Deug, but pale grey - will try and get a still from the clip

152623.jpg

Will try to find a useable link for you deu......
Oh my! Thank you!

15:41

Phone activity

Both phones were said to have been active up until 1.30am and 1.42am on October 10 - the latter just 31 minutes before it is alleged Lacomba’s taxi was first clocked by a CCTV camera as he drove away from Bazes Shaw to dispose of Sarah’s body.

The next data session started at 4.38am on the Galaxy S5 - seven minutes after the prosecution say he returned to a car park near his home, and 14 minutes before he is said to have locked and left his vehicle.

The jury heard however that duration and end times provided by phone networks were not accurate, and that data sessions could be triggered by the handset itself and without human activity.

Det Sgt Alastair Worton agreed during cross-examination by Ben Newton, junior defence counsel, that it was therefore ‘not appropriate’ to rely on end times or to use them as ‘any form of indication’ as to a device’s activity.

But he told the jury that had Lacomba’s phones been available they would have been analysed in an attempt to ‘piece together what was going on’. “A smartphone provides an absolute wealth of data,” he added.

Live updates as Sarah Wellgreen's ex-partner goes on trial accused of her murder

Court has finished for today but possibly more info might come up on the feed later

Woolwich Crown Court 3 T20197107
ben sebastian lacomba
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:03
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 12:00 - 11:09
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 1 Continues - 12:06
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 12:28
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 12:36
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 12:59
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:05 - 13:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 15:04
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 15:10

15:57
Sarah Wellgreen 'told Lacomba she wanted to buy him out'

Ben Lacomba and Sarah Wellgreen

The jury has also heard today that Lacomba once claimed during legal proceedings in 2014 that Sarah was ‘mentally unstable’, only for this to be refuted by her GP.

She first proposed the family home in Bazes Shaw be sold and split 50/50 in April or May 2015, but it was three years before it was put on the market for £330,000.

It was then withdrawn from sale just a month later, before Sarah told Lacomba she wanted to buy him out for £50,000.

A mortgage application for the property in her adult sons’ names was in progress at the time she was allegedly murdered.

Why do they not state what the equity in the home was at? They make it sound as if SW was crazy for only offering BL 50K# [for a home that had been listed with real estate for 330,000#], however that would suggest the equity would have been 100,000#, and the 50000# was his half. It's possible there was barely ANY equity in the home, and 50000# could have been a nice windfall for BL. Any way to find out?

I dont think theres any way to see how much was remaining on mortgage.
2007 was a strange year in UK property wise iirc. Its when the sub-prime crash happened right at the end of year or early 2008/2009. Prices dropped. I think the price paid in 2007 would have been at the top end of that era and maybe theyve even remortgaed at some point since.

Ps. I wouldnt pay 330k to live there :)

Eta Subprime mortgage crisis - Wikipedia

I dont think theres any way to see how much was remaining on mortgage.
2007 was a strange year in UK property wise iirc. Its when the sub-prime crash happened right at the end of year or early 2008/2009. Prices dropped. I think the price paid on 2007 would have been at the top end of that era and maybe theyve even remortgaed at some point since.

Ps. I wouldnt pay 330k to live there :)
Yes, there is no indication of whether or not 330k was a reasonable price for the home in the area, etc. The fact it was listed with real estate as opposed to 'privately' *should* mean something, but doesn't guarantee it. And it gives no idea of what the home was mortgaged for. (In the US we can find all kinds of those types of records online, so thought perhaps possible here too!)

15:57
Sarah Wellgreen 'told Lacomba she wanted to buy him out'

Ben Lacomba and Sarah Wellgreen

The jury has also heard today that Lacomba once claimed during legal proceedings in 2014 that Sarah was ‘mentally unstable’, only for this to be refuted by her GP.

She first proposed the family home in Bazes Shaw be sold and split 50/50 in April or May 2015, but it was three years before it was put on the market for £330,000.

It was then withdrawn from sale just a month later, before Sarah told Lacomba she wanted to buy him out for £50,000.

A mortgage application for the property in her adult sons’ names was in progress at the time she was allegedly murdered.

Ah that might explain why SW moved back suddenly, in May 2018. She had decided to buy him out and wanted to get the house off the market asap, before an independent buyer turned up.

Ah that might explain why SW moved back suddenly, in May 2018. She had decided to buy him out and wanted to get the house off the market asap, before an independent buyer turned up.
Also, we had discussion here at the beginning when we heard that she had left Neil's place.. it seemed that BL had been harassing her and making her seem like a tramp for living with a guy she'd just met, taken the kids, etc., and wasn't she concerned about her custody status?

£50k seems like an odd amount. I wonder if she brought more to the mortgage in the first place. It would be a deposit for him for somewhere else but it would still leave a substantial mortgage to find.

Assuming they purchased it in 2007 for 175k, l think the current zoopla estimate is probably about right. £330k seems well over the odds. And....unless there is some finance we aren't aware of..they would both have made a tidy sum from a £300k sale.

It seems odd to me that he would not have at least one other, more suitable, pair of shoes. Perhaps it shows that he was not quite as calm as he was trying to appear and he just grabbed the first ones that came to hand.

They look like horrible formal wedding shoes to me. He must have had them stuffed in a wardrobe and grabbed them in a rush.

He is a total fool if he thought he could wear them into a taxi office and not get ripped by his colleagues. I do hope they quoted Paul Calf.

£50k seems like an odd amount. I wonder if she brought more to the mortgage in the first place. It would be a deposit for him for somewhere else but it would still leave a substantial mortgage to find.

Assuming they purchased it in 2007 for 175k, l think the current zoopla estimate is probably about right. £330k seems well over the odds. And....unless there is some finance we aren't aware of..they would both have made a tidy sum from a £300k sale.
If it were me...... and of course it isn't.. but why on earth she'd even WANT to keep the place after having lived there with BL... why NOT make a clean break and just each get your 50% and move on? Why risk trying to be secretive about whose name the mortgage is going under, etc? Why even expose yourself to BL's inevitable biatching about getting the short end of the stick etc. I wonder if that had happened, and she had just remained at Neil's, or even just on her own in an apt, if things would've turned out better for her? So sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa