UK UK - Old Crimewatch UK cases - any information?

Morbid as it may be there are some interesting cases on this video some of which are still unsolved (I suppose all of us on here are interested in the morbid a little and judging by what's on TV etc we are not alone). In this case a woman is murdered in suburbia. There is an interesting sighting of a car a couple of times and in particular a mystery woman in an office car park:

The Murder of Jacqueline Palmer-Radford

Jacqueline Palmer-Radford - Unsolved Murder 1992 - Riversdale House, The Street, Eversley, Hampshire - Jacqueline Palmer-Radford Unsolved Mysteries UK

This case is one that nightmares are made of were someone tries the front door the day or so before the girl is murdered. Crimewatch used to spook me out the most because of two reasons the cases are unsolved and they are over here:

'I wish I could remember the killer'

Some people did not like this 'double glazing salesman' very much:

David Terence Short - Unsolved Murder 1988 - Broadstairs, Kent - David Terence Short Unsolved Mysteries UK

Never like women and money too much it can be dangerous:

Car boot killing

There are other interesting nasty and interesting cases on the video including this infamous Welsh case where innocent people were wrongly accused of the crime. If you watch the Crimewatch reconstruction there was an obvious suspect at the time and this turned out to be the offender:

Murder of Lynette White - Wikipedia

Last edited:
In this case a woman is murdered in suburbia. There is an interesting sighting of a car a couple of times and in particular a mystery woman in an office car park:

The Murder of Jacqueline Palmer-Radford
Interesting to see the comment left by a relative on this blog saying Jacqueline's divorce was acrimonious, which was not hinted at on Crimewatch. Obviously the person leaving that comment could be anyone, but it would at least hint at a motive in a case that seems to be random and motiveless.

Interesting to see the comment left by a relative on this blog saying Jacqueline's divorce was acrimonious, which was not hinted at on Crimewatch. Obviously the person leaving that comment could be anyone, but it would at least hint at a motive in a case that seems to be random and motiveless.

One part I read said the husband had been cleared by an alibi but your point is very interesting and I had not noticed that comment so will have a look. Also I read that she had been sexually assaulted and then redressed and that was not in the Crimewatch reconstruction. Generally the Crimewatch reconstructions give good clues because they were often done relatively close to the time the crime occurred and I still think there may be good clues in this one as well. I am surprised the case is still unsolved though and not a little higher profile as very interesting as well as disturbing for her family. Thanks.

I have read the comment very interesting as recent as well. Good spot:)

As I say good spot with the comment there. I am sure others are good enough sleuths to find them themselves but here are a couple more videos from You Tube with Crimewatch Murder Cases and the people who compile them of course do a good job:

As I say good spot with the comment there. I am sure others are good enough sleuths to find them themselves but here are a couple more videos from You Tube with Crimewatch Murder Cases and the people who compile them of course do a good job:

These crimes and these Crimewatch reconstructions really bring home a sense of what it is to get a chance of life and sometimes it can be a difficult and unfair one. One of the victims in the above videos lost both of his parents in blitz in London and then his adopted parents had died. He liked to visit London though perhaps to see where he came from and was unfortunately murdered there. Unfortunately it appears to be unsolved:

Larry Burt - Unsolved Murder 1994 - Old Pump House, St Catherines Way, Wapping, East London - Larry Burt Unsolved Mysteries UK

Police win confidence of gays in hunt for murderer

The Crimewatch reconstruction felt robbery was the motive and I believe the crime was in the daytime.

There seems to be quite a few of these and this appears to be another unsolved one:

Michael Williams - Unsolved Murder 1988 - Highgate Wood, North London - Michael Williams Unsolved Mysteries UK

MURDER FILES: Michael Williams, Home Office, Pimlico

All of these cases are fascinating and here is some information on another one that unfortunately appears to be unsolved:

Was Bulic Forsythe killed to protect paedophile ring 'linked to future minister in Tony Blair’s government?'

Was Man Murdered For Exposing Paedophile Ring?

Bulic Forsythe - Unsolved Murder 1993 - Foster Court, Clapham Park Road, Lambeth, SW4 - Bulic Forsythe Unsolved Mysteries UK

Here are details of another one that looks unsolved as well still:

Derick Kiley - Unsolved Murder 1994 - Harpenden Road, West Norwood, South London - Derick Kiley Unsolved Mysteries UK

Last edited:
If people are interested here are some details about some of the cases shown in the above videos. There are some well known cases on there like the murder of Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common and the murder of Lesley Molseed and Dinah McNicol who was a victim of Peter Tobin. Here is some information on some of the cases with appeals on the show:

Britain's youngest female killer examined | Daily Mail Online

Murder charge girl's chilling `diary of death'

Here are details of another case:

MURDER FILES: The Murder of Tracy Meade, 1992

On one case part from the link to the above video I could only fin the Crimewatch listings:

Police forces from across the country appeal for viewers' help to solve serious crime.
At the end of November, 18-year-old John Threlfall was murdered at his home in Lancashire. Police want to trace the strangers asking directions to the house on the day he died. Hertfordshire police want to find the man who raped a young woman, then forced her to drive him to Epping Forest, where she crashed her car to escape. Plus the hunt for raiders who fired indiscriminately in the centre of London after robbing a security van. There's an update at 11.15pm.
Presented by Nick Ross and Sue Cook.
Details on Ceefax page 618
TELETEXT SUBTITLES: page 888
INFORMATION: if you can help on these or other cases featured, phone lines will be open on [number removed] from 9.30pm until 12 midnight tonight.

BBC One London - 23 January 1992 - BBC Genome

Another case:

Business woman stabbed to death: Murder near station similar to 1991

Jean Bradley - Unsolved Murder 1993 - Carbery Avenue, Acton, London - Jean Bradley Unsolved Mysteries UK

Robert Napper: The serial killer we all forgot

Details on one more case and when you watch these videos you realise solving these cases is not always easy:

Mystery haunts family as murder accused is freed

BBC News | UK | Schoolgirl's killer jailed for life

Helen Gorrie - Unsolved Murder 1992 - Merchistoun Hall Community Centre, Horndean, Hampshire - Helen Gorrie Unsolved Mysteries UK

Last edited:
If people are interested here are some details about some of the cases shown in the above videos. There are some well known cases on there like the murder of Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common and the murder of Lesley Molseed and Dinah McNicol who was a victim of Peter Tobin. Here is some information on some of the cases with appeals on the show:

Britain's youngest female killer examined | Daily Mail Online

Murder charge girl's chilling `diary of death'

Here are details of another case:

MURDER FILES: The Murder of Tracy Meade, 1992

On one case part from the link to the above video I could only fin the Crimewatch listings:

Police forces from across the country appeal for viewers' help to solve serious crime.
At the end of November, 18-year-old John Threlfall was murdered at his home in Lancashire. Police want to trace the strangers asking directions to the house on the day he died. Hertfordshire police want to find the man who raped a young woman, then forced her to drive him to Epping Forest, where she crashed her car to escape. Plus the hunt for raiders who fired indiscriminately in the centre of London after robbing a security van. There's an update at 11.15pm.
Presented by Nick Ross and Sue Cook.
Details on Ceefax page 618
TELETEXT SUBTITLES: page 888
INFORMATION: if you can help on these or other cases featured, phone lines will be open on [number removed] from 9.30pm until 12 midnight tonight.

BBC One London - 23 January 1992 - BBC Genome

Another case:

Business woman stabbed to death: Murder near station similar to 1991

Jean Bradley - Unsolved Murder 1993 - Carbery Avenue, Acton, London - Jean Bradley Unsolved Mysteries UK

Robert Napper: The serial killer we all forgot

Robert Napper. I wish l could forget his crimes. I lived in South London at the time.

Mr Wilson was wrong though; he didn't murder Clare Tiltman.

This is an interesting case which has been on Crimewatch and there has been an appeal recently on the ten year anniversary of the crime. Donal Macintyre did an Unsolved program on it. The man seemed a nice guy a bit of a country bumpkin but there is mothing wrong with that. His downfall may have been being a doppelganger for a manager at the local Sainsbury's Store where he worked and a liking for Eastern European Ladies:

Police launch new appeal 10 years after man was brutally tortured and killed

Fresh TV appeal over man's murder

Murder CCTV shown on Crimewatch

"Donal MacIntyre: Unsolved" The Case of Alan Wood (TV Episode 2015) - IMDb

Here are some more Crimewatch reconstructions of murder cases. I read one comment where the person said the show was dumbed down towards the end of its run and although I am always wary of saying something along the lines of in my day because things change and time moves on I agree in this case. I thought Nick Ross was very good on the show but the female presenters including Sue Cook and poor Jill Dando where very good as well. I think Kirsty Young was a good and serious presenter but the show had begun to be dumbed down but they would say it had lost ratings. These older reconstructions concentrate on the facts and possible suspects. I would have thought there still should be a place for a show like Crimewatch to help solve crimes like America's Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries in the US. Below this video the poster has stated whether the cases are solved or unsolved and it does not appear to make good reading but I know Crimewatch had many successes over the years:

Crimewatch UK 1989 Murders

Derek Brann (Unsolved)
Harry Howell (Unsolved)
Lorraine Benson (Solved)
Lionel Webb (Unsolved)
Michael Fahy (Unsolved)
Jean Kempton (Unsolved)
Gordon Johnson (Solved)
Peter and Gwenda Dixon (Solved)
Michelle Wareing (Unsolved)
Christoph Schliak (Solved)

Here are some more Crimewatch reconstructions of murder cases. I read one comment where the person said the show was dumbed down towards the end of its run and although I am always wary of saying something along the lines of in my day because things change and time moves on I agree in this case. I thought Nick Ross was very good on the show but the female presenters including Sue Cook and poor Jill Dando where very good as well. I think Kirsty Young was a good and serious presenter but the show had begun to be dumbed down but they would say it had lost ratings. These older reconstructions concentrate on the facts and possible suspects. I would have thought there still should be a place for a show like Crimewatch to help solve crimes like America's Most Wanted and Unsolved Mysteries in the US. Below this video the poster has stated whether the cases are solved or unsolved and it does not appear to make good reading but I know Crimewatch had many successes over the years:

Crimewatch UK 1989 Murders

Derek Brann (Unsolved)
Harry Howell (Unsolved)
Lorraine Benson (Solved)
Lionel Webb (Unsolved)
Michael Fahy (Unsolved)
Jean Kempton (Unsolved)
Gordon Johnson (Solved)
Peter and Gwenda Dixon (Solved)
Michelle Wareing (Unsolved)
Christoph Schliak (Solved)

If people are interested here is a recent appeal in one of these cases:

Police hope for new leads in 1989 murder

Some details of one of the other cases above:

Unsolved Murders: Events behind Harry Howell’s death remain mystery

A pretty recent report on one of the other cases above:

People walked past homeless man's body, unaware he was dead

A report about one of the other cases:

Taxi driver's murder reviewed after 29 years

Sadly on the Michelle Wareing murder I can only find the Crimewatch listings and one reference on a forum:

Presented by Nick Ross and Sue Cook with Police Superintendent David Hatcher. The programme in which viewers across the country help police solve serious crime.
Tonight, police are appealing for information about the murder of 18-year-old Michelle Wareing, last seen alive as she left a disco in Wigan on 9 September. Did she take a taxi or start to walk home alone? And in Newcastle upon Tyne a busy travel agency was raided by three armed men. Did you see them as they made their getaway on motorbikes through the city? Detectives will be waiting for your call to the Crimewatch studio. If you can help, ring [number removed] between 9.30pm and midnight.
Producer Anne Morrison
Editor Angela Holdsworth
('Crimewatch Update' is at 11.15pm)
Ceefax Subtitles

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/73677b0f63b4416bad7759d9cc9a0a37

Here is another video of Crimewatch Murder reconstructions this time from 1991:

The Crimewatch Years 1991 - Murders

All the murder reconstructions featured on Crimewatch UK during 1991

Ronald Harrison Murder (Solved)
Jackie Ansell Lamb and Barbara Mayo (Both Unsolved)
Derrick Johnson (Unsolved)
Geraldine Palk (Solved)
Steve Johnson (Unsolved)
Christine/Maria Requena (Unsolved)
John Green (Unsolved)
Alan Leppard (Unsolved)
Jo Ramsden (Unsolved)
Peter Rasini (Unsolved)
Glenda Potter (Unsolved)
Angela Flaherty (Solved)
Penny Bell (Unsolved)
Julie Dart (Solved)
Sheila Egner (Unsolved)
Tom Griffiths (Unsolved)
Andrew Elphick (Unsolved)
Vera Anderson (Unsolved)
Fred Maltby (Solved)
Marion Rilka (Solved)

None of us are perfect and will all have secrets only if little ones and very few people deserve to be murdered. Of course there are some brutal crimes on here where it is stranger on stranger but with these Crimewatch reconstructions some of the most interesting cases are where people have secrets and lifestyles at odds with their public image and the rest of their lives. Human frailties and needs:

Crimewatch File: A Chapter of Revelations - BBC One London - 24 September 1992 - BBC Genome

Peter Tobin is a suspect in many of these cases:

Serial killer linked to the murder of student teacher Barbara Mayo in 1970

Real Life Is Horror: Who killed Jackie Ansell Lamb and Barbara Mayo?

7 murder cases from the 1970s that still haven't been solved

A report about another case:

Unsolved Murder: Maria Christina Requena and Linda Donaldson, mutilation near Leigh and Lowton

The brutal murders of the 'East Lancs Ripper' which were never solved

Information on another case:

Fresh appeal over city's longest unsolved murder 28 years after cabbie killed

Man arrested in 1990 death probe

Some information on another case:

‘Help find John’s killer’ – new appeal as brutal murder of businessman remains unsolved 23 years on

Take a look into the unsolved murders that occurred in Bournemouth

Double murders mystery reviewed

Alan J Leppard - Unsolved Murder 1991 - Monkton, Margate, Kent - Alan Leppard Unsolved Mysteries UK

Jo Ramsden - Unsolved Murder 1992 - Bridport, Dorset - Jo Ramsden Unsolved Mysteries UK

Details on another case:

Peter Rasini - Unsolved Murder 1991 - River Avenue, Palmers Green, North London - Peter Rasini Unsolved Mysteries UK

Details on another case:

glenda potter

This is quite a high profile case:

Murder of Penny Bell - Wikipedia

Another case:

Sheila Elsie Margaret Egner - Unsolved Murder 1991 - Yeomans Army Stores, Mansfield Road, Basford - Sheila Elsie Margaret Egner Unsolved Mysteries UK

These 16 murders in Notts from 1963 to 2007 are still unsolved

Details of another case:

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Police reopen mystery murder case

Net closes in on killer 16 years on

Information on one more of the cases:

The Murder of Veronica Anderson

Last edited:
Here is another video of Crimewatch Murder reconstructions this time from 1991:

The Crimewatch Years 1991 - Murders

All the murder reconstructions featured on Crimewatch UK during 1991

Ronald Harrison Murder (Solved)
Jackie Ansell Lamb and Barbara Mayo (Both Unsolved)
Derrick Johnson (Unsolved)
Geraldine Palk (Solved)
Steve Johnson (Unsolved)
Christine/Maria Requena (Unsolved)
John Green (Unsolved)
Alan Leppard (Unsolved)
Jo Ramsden (Unsolved)
Peter Rasini (Unsolved)
Glenda Potter (Unsolved)
Angela Flaherty (Solved)
Penny Bell (Unsolved)
Julie Dart (Solved)
Sheila Egner (Unsolved)
Tom Griffiths (Unsolved)
Andrew Elphick (Unsolved)
Vera Anderson (Unsolved)
Fred Maltby (Solved)
Marion Rilka (Solved)

None of us are perfect and will all have secrets only if little ones and very few people deserve to be murdered. Of course there are some brutal crimes on here where it is stranger on stranger but with these Crimewatch reconstructions some of the most interesting cases are where people have secrets and lifestyles at odds with their public image and the rest of their lives. Human frailties and needs:

Crimewatch File: A Chapter of Revelations - BBC One London - 24 September 1992 - BBC Genome

Peter Tobin is a suspect in many of these cases:

Serial killer linked to the murder of student teacher Barbara Mayo in 1970

Real Life Is Horror: Who killed Jackie Ansell Lamb and Barbara Mayo?

7 murder cases from the 1970s that still haven't been solved

A report about another case:

Unsolved Murder: Maria Christina Requena and Linda Donaldson, mutilation near Leigh and Lowton

The brutal murders of the 'East Lancs Ripper' which were never solved

Fresh appeal over city's longest unsolved murder 28 years after cabbie killed

Man arrested in 1990 death probe

Some information on another case:

‘Help find John’s killer’ – new appeal as brutal murder of businessman remains unsolved 23 years on

Take a look into the unsolved murders that occurred in Bournemouth

Double murders mystery reviewed

Alan J Leppard - Unsolved Murder 1991 - Monkton, Margate, Kent - Alan Leppard Unsolved Mysteries UK

Jo Ramsden - Unsolved Murder 1992 - Bridport, Dorset - Jo Ramsden Unsolved Mysteries UK

Details on another case:

Peter Rasini - Unsolved Murder 1991 - River Avenue, Palmers Green, North London - Peter Rasini Unsolved Mysteries UK

Details on another case:

glenda potter

This is quite a high profile case:

Murder of Penny Bell - Wikipedia

Another case:

Sheila Elsie Margaret Egner - Unsolved Murder 1991 - Yeomans Army Stores, Mansfield Road, Basford - Sheila Elsie Margaret Egner Unsolved Mysteries UK

These 16 murders in Notts from 1963 to 2007 are still unsolved

Details of another case:

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Police reopen mystery murder case

Net closes in on killer 16 years on

Information on one more of the cases:

The Murder of Veronica Anderson

Very interesting in a macabre and disturbing way the wife was murdered later in this case after hearing on the Crimewatch reconstruction were she seemed a nice lady:

The mysterious murders of a Thanet couple who were killed 8 months apart

Very interesting in a macabre and disturbing way the wife was murdered later in this case after hearing on the Crimewatch reconstruction were she seemed a nice lady:

Do you have any more info on the Ronald Harrison case? I did an internet search and gather there was a trial but there's no reporting on it.

I'm fairly sure l created a thread on the mysterious double murder in Kent. It makes no sense at all. Will see if l can find it.

This intriguing case has baffled police for years.
Alan Leopard was gunned down at his home in Monkton, Kent on Easter Monday 1991.

Eight months later his girlfriend at the time was found dead in her bath at her Whitstable home. Subsequently identified as having been knocked out prior to drowning. No one has ever been arrested in connection with their murders.

Not sure how to grab a thread link so here is a quote from it. Will add the crime watch vid to it.

Do you have any more info on the Ronald Harrison case? I did an internet search and gather there was a trial but there's no reporting on it.

I'm fairly sure l created a thread on the mysterious double murder in Kent. It makes no sense at all. Will see if l can find it.

Thanks for the post and interest I could not find any more information about the Harrison case just that tiny report about a court case.

Not sure how to grab a thread link so here is a quote from it. Will add the crime watch vid to it.

Interesting cases. Quite bizarre the car cruising about and then her being killed. Being a bit 'slow' I have two Websleuths pages open when I want to post a link to a thread on another one here;) Cheers

Thanks for the post and interest I could not find any more information about the Harrison case just that tiny report about a court case.

Hmm. The info l saw was on a subscriber only page. I suspect he was gay and it was something to do with the 2 lads that were there. Very sad.

I think people have done a really good job keeping and compiling these cases. To me they are both fascinating and a little frightening but as Nick Ross said after he scared you don't have nightmares (always stated the crimes were rare but they do happen to someone). Here is a video with 1990 murder reconstructions:

I think people have done a really good job keeping and compiling these cases. To me they are both fascinating and a little frightening but as Nick Ross said after he scared you don't have nightmares (always stated the crimes were rare but they do happen to someone). Here is a video with 1990 murder reconstructions:

Here are the crimes shown in the above video:

Crimewatch UK 1990 Murders

Laurence Winstanley Murder (Unsolved)
Ricky Haywood Murder (Unsolved)
Karen Price Murder (Solved)
Carmel Gamble Murder (Unsolved)
Keith Burgess Murder (Unsolved)
Surinder Gill Murder (Unsolved)
Murray Erskine Murder (Unsolved)
David Birkett Murder (Solved)
Wayne Taylor Murder (Solved)
Lee Parsons Murder (Unsolved)
Ann Heron Murder (Unsolved)
Paul Stevens Murder (Unsolved)
Gail Whitehouse Murder (Unsolved)

Here are details on the cases:

Laurence Winstanley disappeared in 1988. His murderer has never been caught

BBC NEWS | UK | England | New plea in 20-year murder hunt

Details on another case:

Man battered with hammer and stabbed stunned gay and church communities

Another case:

Crimewatch UK - BBC One London - 12 April 1990 - BBC Genome

The programme in which viewers across the country can help police solve serious crime.
Could you have seen schoolboy Michael Bolton since he disappeared from the village of Eyam in Derbyshire in May 1989? Or perhaps you hold the clue to the mysterious murder of Southall insurance salesman
Surinder Gill ?
Detectives are waiting for your call tonight to the Crimewatch studio. If you can help, ring [number removed].
Presented by Nick Ross and Sue Cook with Chief Inspector Colin Fry and WDC Jacqui Hames. Producer Nikki Cheetham Editor Angela Holdsworth Details on Ceefax page 618
('Crimewatch UK Update'at
11.35pm)

Another case:

Who killed our Ricky?

BBC News | ENGLAND | Murder victim's mother seeks justice

Another case:

Unsolved crime: The murder of Carmel Gamble

The murders that shocked Gloucestershire and remain unsolved

Details on another case:

Durham Police's only unsolved murder raises questions 25 years on

'I met the man who claimed to be Ann Heron's murderer' says retired shopworker

More details on another case:

From the Archives: When a killer stalked Birmingham's vulnerable vice girls

The prostitute murder mysteries

Gail Whitehouse - Unsolved Murder 1990 - Birmingham - Gail Whitehouse Unsolved Mysteries UK

Last edited:
Here is another You Video featuring murders from Crimewatch:

Crimewatch UK 1987

Murders

John Gaspa Murder (Unsolved)
Rachel Atherwaite and Marina Monte Murders (Both Unsolved)
Eddie Owusu Murder (Unsolved)
Daniel Morgan Murder (Unsolved)
Shani Warren Murder (Unsolved)
Helen Fleet Murder (Unsolved)
Christopher Comely Murder (Solved)
Wendy Knell Murder (Unsolved)
Rachael Partridge Murder (Solved)
Lynda Hunter Disappearance / Murder (Solved)

Here are some details about a case in the previous video posted where the victim used two names:

Police close to arrest in 17-year-old case of murdered masseuse

New leads in murder case

Patricia Parsons – True Crime Library

I have to say with some of these cases and the people involved in perpetrating them you might see why people might not want to get involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astridAnthony
Back