Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a transcript of the press conference ? I’d like to nail down what the chief said regarding the search and known areas of interest for the POI
I don't know if there is a transcript. But I guess you can go back and listen to it again. It's somewhere in the last thread. Maybe someone can find it and post it again. All I remember is him saying the search area is an area where the POI frequented. They said they have already located the Suspect.
But they also said they believe others are involved so it's hard to say which POI they are referring to. It's all very vague.

Imo

I think she looks bulkier in that mugshot because she has an anti-suicide smock on under her jumpsuit. MOO.

ETA: Can anyone find what white clothing on a female inmate in AL jails means? I tried searching but couldn't find anything pertaining to AL specifically.
Yeah, I thought at first she had something on underneath the white thing and noticed her arms were straight out to the sides and couldn't figure out why. Imo

It looks like there is a gate at the end of the paved area. Probably for the daycare when it was in operation. That would allow the perps to make a quick getaway. I’ve attached another google earth screenshot showing it pretty clearly, I think.

They absolutely need to have another presser soon, today if possible. They need to rethink their strategy or drop another breadcrumb to keep this moving. They’ve dedicated enormous assets and still no resolution. There isn’t a person I’ve talked to in the last week that this case didn’t come up at some point. Time to turn the page in the playbook Chief, I think we’ve run out of the “find em fast” plays. FIND THIS INNOCENT CHILD!

EDIT: I was so fixated on getting the right angle and zoom for this screenshot but are those cars pulled up on the grass? OMG...the perps could have been even CLOSER if a car was parked on the grass!

EDIT #2: YES, looking again at google earth and those are cars! The perps could have been as close as 30 feet when the girls walked out of view!

EDIT #3:
I’ve updated the screenshot to show a car parked on the grass demonstrating how much closer the perps could have been. Obviously parking lots aren’t the only place you leave your car at Tom Brown Village

Thanks for including the extra overhead pictures of the area.

I get all turned around trying to identify the walking path the two men and children were on.

One thing I noticed in the video is right at the end of the sidewalk as they go to the left, they disappear around the corner of the building that has the camera and it looks like they just disappear but it appears that the building where the camera is has a panel or edge of that building that blocks view right as they get to the end.

I first thought maybe LE cut out something but then realized its the building itself that blocks our view once they get almost all the way to the end. It makes them look like they just disappear but what is happening is they are going behind view because of the building that the camera is in has a part of it that blocks view at a certain point near the end where they disappear from view.

Its hard to describe and hope this is somewhat clear.

Is there a transcript of the press conference ? I’d like to nail down what the chief said regarding the search and known areas of interest for the POI
Haven't seen a transcript, oviedo, but here's what I heard:

At about 26:51, Chief Smith said:

"We're looking for volunteers because we plan to do a grid search of one area here in the City of Birmingham where we noticed that it was frequented, uh, by one of our persons of interest."

I think she looks bulkier in that mugshot because she has an anti-suicide smock on under her jumpsuit. MOO.

ETA: Can anyone find what white clothing on a female inmate in AL jails means? I tried searching but couldn't find anything pertaining to AL specifically.

I'm looking around for colors. I did find one prison that puts males that expose themselves to female jail employees in hot pink garb, they get to wear it all day every day. Even when their family visits. A ha ha.

I forgot to ask in my last reply. Why would they put a jumpsuit over an anti suicide smock? The whole point of the smock is to keep them away from other clothing they could hang themselves with or set on fire. JMO

Doesnt the weight go off whatever they have registered on their license? Which is self recorded? No way in the world she weighs 180 lbs - no matter what the angle of the camera is. NONE. she is my height. I know what I weigh. No where near the same. Just saying.

Haven't seen a transcript, oviedo, but here's what I heard:

At about 26:51, Chief Smith said:

"We're looking for volunteers because we plan to do a grid search of one area here in the City of Birmingham where we noticed that it was frequented, uh, by one of our persons of interest."

Thank you ! I was specifically looking to see if he said "our POI" or "one of our..." - this confirms something for me. JMO

Doesnt the weight go off whatever they have registered on their license? Which is self recorded? No way in the world she weighs 180 lbs - no matter what the angle of the camera is. NONE. she is my height. I know what I weigh. No where near the same. Just saying.
I don't know their procedure; I always thought they were measured and weighed at booking, but I did wonder since the mugshot they first used (where she is seen in green stripes) was from a prior arrest, if her height and weight was already in the system and they didn't update it. ? MOO

This is the one I'm talking about - I just realized that we have two photos of her in green stripes. :oops: She is wearing something red underneath in both of them.

7 13 2018.jpg
July 13, 2018
Source: AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney,3, Media, Maps, timeline -No Discussion

That image has now been replaced with this photo:

12Y13VI2

October 15, 2019
Source: Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA

Last edited:
I'm looking around for colors. I did find one prison that puts males that expose themselves to female jail employees in hot pink garb, they get to wear it all day every day. Even when their family visits. A ha ha.
There are many jails and prisons that use pink as a punishment for males that are caught doing anything of an inappropriate sexual nature. They’re called “Pinkies”. Male Child Sex Offenders are called ‘Chubs’. They don’t do well in general population. Never heard of females in pink. Interesting. Will go searching soon as I can.

Oh gosh I’m behind. It actually said abuse. I know I need source, darnit. I’ll try to find. Ok. Quoted from this article: Jefferson County mom charged with kidnapping in armed abduction of her 3 daughters

Deputies learned that the night before the kidnapping DHR had removed the children from the custody of their mother as part of a safety plan while an investigation was conducted into abuse allegations. The children were placed with a relative who lived on Colonial Cove

FWIW, over 80% of CPS cases are neglect and not abuse, so it would be probable that this was the case here and her kids were being removed because of something related to neglect.
Welcome Sea Island.
The image from her live arrest looks like a stripped top. I don’t think it could be this. Was she a nurse?
It looks like nursing scrub top. She most likely still had on her street clothing which would have blended in with the dark wall behind her.

I don't know their procedure; I always thought they were measured and weighed at booking, but I did wonder since the mugshot they first used (where she is seen in green stripes) was from a prior arrest, if her height and weight was already in the system and they didn't update it. ? MOO

Do we know when this female POI will be appearing in court? I don't think she is the unknown POI#1 that police are saying is male. But I think seeing her walk into court may help eliminate that possibility in the minds of any who are doubting or debating about it. MOO.

Thanks for including the extra overhead pictures of the area.

I get all turned around trying to identify the walking path the two men and children were on.

One thing I noticed in the video is right at the end of the sidewalk as they go to the left, they disappear around the corner of the building that has the camera and it looks like they just disappear but it appears that the building where the camera is has a panel or edge of that building that blocks view right as they get to the end.

I first thought maybe LE cut out something but then realized its the building itself that blocks our view once they get almost all the way to the end. It makes them look like they just disappear but what is happening is they are going behind view because of the building that the camera is in has a part of it that blocks view at a certain point near the end where they disappear from view.

Its hard to describe and hope this is somewhat clear.

You’re exactly right. The camera catches a corner of the day care on the left. What appears like the kids walking around the building is them simply going out of frame.

Last edited:
Following, and absolutely not giving up hope that this child is found okay. She should be safe and eating a TON of cupcakes!

CC, just for you!

purpleCupcakes.jpg

Image purchased from 123rf.com with license.

Last edited:
Do we know when this female POI will be appearing in court? I don't think she is the unknown POI#1 that police are saying is male. But I think seeing her walk into court may help eliminate that possibility in the minds of any who are doubting or debating about it. MOO.
I don't remember seeing a court date for her and it looks like Alabama has a fee-based system for online records, darn it.

AlacourtACCESS
  • Name Search: $9.99
    help.gif
    (One case detail included. $9.99 per case thereafter).
  • Case Number search: $9.99
    help.gif
    (One case detail included).
  • Images: $5.00 for the first 20 pages; $0.50 per page thereafter
  • Case Monitoring
    help.gif
    for the lifetime of the Case. District Case $19.99. Circuit Case$29.99.
Anyone remember seeing a court date for DB? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member