Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know their procedure; I always thought they were measured and weighed at booking, but I did wonder since the mugshot they first used (where she is seen in green stripes) was from a prior arrest, if her height and weight was already in the system and they didn't update it. ? MOO

This is the one I'm talking about - I just realized that we have two photos of her in green stripes. :oops: She is wearing something red underneath in both of them.

View attachment 210308
July 13, 2018
Source: AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney,3, Media, Maps, timeline -No Discussion

That image has now been replaced with this photo:

12Y13VI2

October 15, 2019
Source: Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA
She doesn't look sad in these photos. Definitely not happy, though.

OCT 21, 2019
‘Don’t give up hope and keep your faith in God strong,’ says Tuscaloosa County mother whose daughter disappeared in 2003
[...]

Sixteen years ago, Beth Thompson’s daughter, Heaven LaShae Ross, was kidnapped on her way to school. Now, Thompson has a few words for Cupcake’s family.

“Don’t give up hope and keep your faith in God strong,” Thompson said from her home in Brookwood. “Don’t give up hope, just don’t and always believe ‘Okay, today could be the day.”

At her home, Thompson has a literal shrine to her Heaven, who was 11 years old when she was snatched up while walking to the school bus stop in Northport in 2003. According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, attempted abductions occur more often when a child is going to or from school or school-related activities.

[...]

I don't remember seeing a court date for her and it looks like Alabama has a fee-based system for online records, darn it.

AlacourtACCESS
  • Name Search: $9.99
    help.gif
    (One case detail included. $9.99 per case thereafter).
  • Case Number search: $9.99
    help.gif
    (One case detail included).
  • Images: $5.00 for the first 20 pages; $0.50 per page thereafter
  • Case Monitoring
    help.gif
    for the lifetime of the Case. District Case $19.99. Circuit Case$29.99.
Anyone remember seeing a court date for DB? MOO
I’m so tied up right now. Sorry to ask for help. No time. Lots of care. Have you tried here?
- Alabama Dept of Corrections

Interesting Wanted Individual Now believed to be in Jefferson County, AL:

Man wanted for child rape in Michigan may be in Alabama

Quotes from article:
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WBRC) - U.S. Marshals are looking for a man wanted for raping a child in Michigan, and he may be living in Jefferson County.

Corey Deshawn Gaston is one of the U.S. Marshals 15 Most Wanted Fugitives.

Investigators say Gaston kidnapped a 10-year-old girl in 2007 in Michigan. Authorities say he took her through her bedroom window, and raped her.

Officers say Gaston told the little girl he would hurt her if she told anyone.

Marshals say he has been seen over the past three years in the western area of Jefferson County and may have been in the Bessemer/Adger area in the past two months.

5ITZ5ADLLZBRXPJCVXBDLFDVTY.PNG

Corey Deshawn Gaston who is wanted for rape of a child in Michigan may be in Jefferson County. (SOURCE: U.S. Marshals) (Source: SOURCE: U.S. Marshals)
Marshals say Gaston has been described as having a very distinct walk. He is pigeon-toed causing his legs to bow when he walks.[BBM]

Gaston is balding on the crown of his head with a scar on his forehead. Investigators say he is known to work out regularly, and he is described as being charismatic.

I'm kinda thinking .....initially the first person passing may not have been involved. He doesn't pay much attention to the girls and, opposed to what I first thought, may not have been throwing candy....as the girls appeared to be picking stuff up before 1st person....
Yep...IMO, i'm thinking the 1st person was the look out.
Wonder what is in the cctv before the girls appeared to pick stuff up?

I actually still think POI #1 can be seen throwing/dropping something just as he gets near the little ones, you can see his hand move as though he's throwing something on the grass, then the children move over to that part of the grass to pick something up. The POI #1 then looks back as the children are picking up whatever it is, either checking to see if they had picked it up, to speak to them or check if POI #2 was in position.

What a shocking tragic case this is, from thinking it could be a retaliation for debt etc, to hearing she'd been found alive and safe, and now 9 days later and still no sign of little Cupcake, and it's just sounding more insidious every day. Praying for little Cupcake

Thanks for including the extra overhead pictures of the area.

I get all turned around trying to identify the walking path the two men and children were on.

One thing I noticed in the video is right at the end of the sidewalk as they go to the left, they disappear around the corner of the building that has the camera and it looks like they just disappear but it appears that the building where the camera is has a panel or edge of that building that blocks view right as they get to the end.

I first thought maybe LE cut out something but then realized its the building itself that blocks our view once they get almost all the way to the end. It makes them look like they just disappear but what is happening is they are going behind view because of the building that the camera is in has a part of it that blocks view at a certain point near the end where they disappear from view.

Its hard to describe and hope this is somewhat clear.
Yes, they are walking behind the building and there is a large parking lot near there. I think there is one in front of the Daycare and another one between the buildings. Imo

Searching for Kamille McKinney: No evidence for missing B’ham toddler found in multiple searches

Quotes from article:
The Latest Information
It was a busy weekend that unfortunately did not produce much positive momentum toward finding Kamille. As the search surpassed one week since the 3-year-old girl went missing, community members rallied for a prayer vigil on Saturday then authorities organized a grid search for Sunday.

The grid search took place in east Birmingham extending two miles in an area just north of Springville Road near Huffman Road. The area is believed to be frequented by a person of interest who was in a surveillance video captured around the time Kamille was abducted. Birmingham police released the video Friday.

The search did not produce any evidence of Kamille.

Sunday, October 20

--Police, fire and rescue crews and volunteers from other agencies conduct a grid search in east Birmingham. The search extends 2 miles in an area just north of Springville Road near Huffman Road.

The area is believed to be frequented by a person of interest who was in a surveillance video captured around the time Kamille was abducted.

After the grid search concludes, police report there was not any evidence of Kamille found in the area.

Interesting Wanted Individual Now believed to be in Jefferson County, AL:

Man wanted for child rape in Michigan may be in Alabama

Quotes from article:
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WBRC) - U.S. Marshals are looking for a man wanted for raping a child in Michigan, and he may be living in Jefferson County.

Corey Deshawn Gaston is one of the U.S. Marshals 15 Most Wanted Fugitives.

Investigators say Gaston kidnapped a 10-year-old girl in 2007 in Michigan. Authorities say he took her through her bedroom window, and raped her.

Officers say Gaston told the little girl he would hurt her if she told anyone.

Marshals say he has been seen over the past three years in the western area of Jefferson County and may have been in the Bessemer/Adger area in the past two months.

5ITZ5ADLLZBRXPJCVXBDLFDVTY.PNG

Corey Deshawn Gaston who is wanted for rape of a child in Michigan may be in Jefferson County. (SOURCE: U.S. Marshals) (Source: SOURCE: U.S. Marshals)
Marshals say Gaston has been described as having a very distinct walk. He is pigeon-toed causing his legs to bow when he walks.[BBM]

Gaston is balding on the crown of his head with a scar on his forehead. Investigators say he is known to work out regularly, and he is described as being charismatic.
Holy Canoli! What you have bolded gave me chills. :eek: MOO

ETA: Have you confirmed that he is still wanted? Just noticed that this article is dated Sept 13. ?

Every child abduction, missing person case that has been solved here on WS the perpetrator has been a family member or known to the victim all bar one and even then the culprit was known to the child’s father...

Stranger killings and abductions just seem so rare in comparison, I struggle to believe it is coincidence.

May I ask which one you are referring to as you mentioned in your post? Surely you don't think all must be on WS to exist? I have been following stranger predators/murderers for almost 4 decades now.

I have been here since 2004, and I could list many who were stranger abduction... murders of an abducted, and murdered child, but to save time i will just list these.

Joe Duncan didn't know any of the several children he wound up murdering who were from Washington St., California, and Idaho. The ages ranged from 6 to 11, both genders.

John Couey was another stranger predator who kidnapped, raped, and murdered 8 year old Jessica Lunsford.

C. Clements from Tucson, another serial predator did not know 13 year old Maribel Gonzalez nor 6 year old Isa Celis when he kidnapped, raped, and murdered them both. Btw, he says he has 2 more bodies buried in the desert. CC is a prolific pedophile turning murderer spanning back to when he was only 15 when he committed sexual assault of a 5 year old girl. I could go on, and on.

I just think it does us all a disservice when anyone puts out misinformation trying to diminish how the offender in abducted, and murdered children cases is a stranger to the child 44% of the time in all abducted, and murdered children. Key words: Abducted, and murdered children.

Instead in my next post I will once again provide the link to largest case study to date backed by the DOJ involving 775 abducted/kidnapped and murdered children where both the victims, and offenders are known... including the relationship. if any at all between the victims, and offenders.

JMHOO

I actually still think POI #1 can be seen throwing/dropping something just as he gets near the little ones, you can see his hand move as though he's throwing something on the grass, then the children move over to that part of the grass to pick something up. The POI #1 then looks back as the children are picking up whatever it is, either checking to see if they had picked it up, to speak to them or check if POI #2 was in position.

What a shocking tragic case this is, from thinking it could be a retaliation for debt etc, to hearing she'd been found alive and safe, and now 9 days later and still no sign of little Cupcake, and it's just sounding more insidious every day. Praying for little Cupcake

This seems like a professional job. First one walked as lookout and the second one must have known exactly what to say to get them to follow. I hate they weren't being watched closely but that's exactly what these people are looking for. I am very glad this is getting coverage for multiple reasons, to find the child, and to show parents and caretakers how these people work. You don't have to be looking away for very long.

CHILD ABDUCTION MURDER RESEARCH
2006 Child Abduction Murder Study

In late 1993, the Criminal Division of the Washington State Attorney General's Office undertook a 3-1/2 year research project, partially funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, to study the investigation of child abduction murder cases.

In this first research project, published in 1997, researchers reviewed more than 600 child abduction murder cases across the United States, then interviewed the investigating detectives. This data provided law enforcement valuable insight into what investigative techniques tend to be most productive.

Now the Attorney General’s Office has released a follow-up study, including 175 additional solved cases. The additional cases generally reflect and support the findings in the original report with several significant and definite differences:

• With more killers identified, researchers found threat that the killer will be a friend or acquaintance is nearly equal to that of a stranger.
  • The probability that the killer’s name will come up during the first week of the investigation has decreased.
  • The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased.
Key findings:

• In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.
  • In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.
  • Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.
  • Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.
  • The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.
  • In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.
  • In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.
Key recommendations to protect children:

• Be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. More than half of the study’s abductions took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home.
  • Be certain that your children are supervised – even if they are in their own front yard or neighborhood street. Approximately one-third of the abductions studied took occurred within one-half block of the victim’s home.
  • Teach your children not to ever approach a car– whether the occupant is a stranger or not– no matter what the occupant the tells them or asks them.
  • Be aware of strangers and unusual behavior in your neighborhoods. Many child abductions are witnessed by people who do not realize that a crime is being committed.
  • If your child is ever missing, CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY. An immediate response to a missing or abducted child may be the difference between life and death.

Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

Hi Oceanblueeyes

Yeah to be fair I should have worded that better. Every case on WS I have followed, not every single one and i haven’t come near to following the amount of cases as you have. I only joined WS in 2014, cases below I have followed and the culprit:-

Mikaeel Kular - Mother
Becky watts - Step Brother & his GF
Shannon Matthews (staged kidnapping) -Mother / Uncle
Lonzie Barton - Mother’s BF & Mother
Malek Drummond - Father
Elizabeth (Lizzy) Shelley - Uncle
Maleah Davis - Mother’s BF
Paige Docherty - local Delhi shop owner known to victim

Exceptions - Alesha MacPhail - teenager who was known to her father and lived in the same town.

I felt sad writing all those. There are probably more aswell but my head hurts.

Of course stranger abductions / killings happen I never said they didn’t, maybe it just so happens most of the cases I have followed haven’t been. JMO

Last edited:
I saw this on Derick Irish’s Brown. Note, the press is spelling her name with two “r’s” but her inmate record has one and so does this rap sheet. It is for domestic violence in 4/30/2017. Anyone have a link with more info?

DERICK IRISHA BROWN Inmate 554978: Jefferson County Jail near Birmingham, AL

• Name BROWN, DERICK IRISHA
  • Global Subject Number 554978
  • Address CENTER POINT, Alabama 35215
Booking History
[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/tel:2017-00005209']2017-00005209

• Booking Date 4/30/2017 9:14 PM
  • Release Date
  • Prisoner Type Pretrial Inmate
  • Housing Facility Jefferson County Jail - Birmingham
  • Total Bond Amount $300.00
  • Total Bail Amount $0.00
Bond Number Bond Type Bond Amount
2017-00006676 Good Bond $300.00
Charge Description Offense Date Attempt/Commit
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE 3RD 4/30/2017 9:26 PM Commit
[/URL]

I don’t know if this link is allowed. So I will report my post. Please don’t quote it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member