Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
They later clarified (if you can call it that):

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches ·

Delphi, IN – The Multi-Agency Task Force is providing the below points of clarification after yesterday’s informational news conference.

• A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
I believe that clarification was only to correct the date that DC had stated at the PC. MOO

I believe that clarification was only to correct the date that DC had stated at the PC. MOO
But it does say specifically that the car was parked in the abandoned lot and they were looking for people who could give descriptions of the vehicles parked there. That said, I bet they are looking for the driver of that car, too.

From that interview with Riley posted above, I got the impression they did, at least, get some tips on that car. Fingers crossed!

But it does say specifically that the car was parked in the abandoned lot and they were looking for people who could give descriptions of the vehicles parked there. That said, I bet they are looking for the driver of that car, too.
Quoting my own post here:
They were asking about the Driver of the abandoned car.
Mystery deepens in Delphi girls’ double murder | X101 Always Classic
“Officials also said Monday they’re looking for the driver of a car mysteriously abandoned on the day the girls’ bodies were found.”
MOO
I do not recall LE ever mentioning the driver after that time period. Hopefully someone submitted a tip about the driver & perhaps that is why LE is no longer asking about the driver? MOO

Quoting my own post here:
They were asking about the Driver of the abandoned car.
Mystery deepens in Delphi girls’ double murder | X101 Always Classic
“Officials also said Monday they’re looking for the driver of a car mysteriously abandoned on the day the girls’ bodies were found.”
MOO
Only thing is the Mystery Deepens article is from April 23, 2018, and the clarification came out April 24, 2018. It's one of those times when the clarification simply came too late.

I go over that April PC at least once a month...DC always gets to me :( It’s not even what he says anymore. It’s how animated he is during it. He is agitated & seems very upset by the fact that they had to show the family that new sketch, like he is angry that someone had purposely misdirected their investigation. I feel for anyone involved in child murder cases :( But DC reallly gets to me MOO

"It seemed so far fetch but it has always gone back to this is closer to home than any of us ever cared for,"
6 months after new sketch released on Delphi murder suspect

Sometimes I try to take myself out of sleuthing mode and just try to put myself in the place of a Delphi resident. The above statement by Anna really brings it home. There must be fear in the community, people looking over their shoulders.

I live pretty close to Delphi. About 9 years ago we had a killer on the loose. He was shooting people on rural properties, a random killer. He actually pulled into my driveway on the day he shot several and killed one. Let me tell you it was absolutely terrifying! I lived my life completely different for months until he was finally killed, taken down by a civilian!!. We were really scared and always on edge.

Just telling this story to convey how I think the people in Delphi must feel.

They gotta catch this monster!!!

"It seemed so far fetch but it has always gone back to this is closer to home than any of us ever cared for,"
6 months after new sketch released on Delphi murder suspect

Sometimes I try to take myself out of sleuthing mode and just try to put myself in the place of a Delphi resident. The above statement by Anna really brings it home. There must be fear in the community, people looking over their shoulders.

I live pretty close to Delphi. About 9 years ago we had a killer on the loose. He was shooting people on rural properties, a random killer. He actually pulled into my driveway on the day he shot several and killed one. Let me tell you it was absolutely terrifying! I lived my life completely different for months until he was finally killed, taken down by a civilian!!. We were really scared and always on edge.

Just telling this story to convey how I think the people in Delphi must feel.

They gotta catch this monster!!!
:eek::(I’m so terribly sorry that happened to you & your community! How scary!
I agree! Watching that PC, you can see the audience members looking around & whispering, etc. I can only imagine how on edge everyone has been since :( I’d be terrified! MOO

:eek::(I’m so terribly sorry that happened to you & your community! How scary!
I agree! Watching that PC, you can see the audience members looking around & whispering, etc. I can only imagine how on edge everyone has been since :( I’d be terrified! MOO
Yes. You said it perfectly. At the PC, which was packed with people from the community, you could just see the stress on their faces, the concern in their eyes and the complete dismay when the new sketch was unveiled! I'd be like...wait what, we've been keeping our eyes open for the wrong guy for 2 years!!!

Yes. You said it perfectly. At the PC, which was packed with people from the community, you could just see the stress on their faces, the concern in their eyes and the complete dismay when the new sketch was unveiled! I'd be like...wait what, we've been keeping our eyes open for the wrong guy for 2 years!!!
Exactly!! The wrong dude!! Oh it just made me sick for the families & Delphi when they unveiled that sketch, my goodness:eek::confused: I was in shock over that & I would not even know how to feel if I were the girls’ families. Just totally blindsided me MOO

They later clarified (if you can call it that):

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches ·

Delphi, IN – The Multi-Agency Task Force is providing the below points of clarification after yesterday’s informational news conference.

• A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
Even this wording is strange.

Was this request made based on a witness seeing a parked car in the CPS parking lot? Are they looking for someone to corroborate a tip provided by someone who said there was a particular car in the parking lot?

This wording does not make me think LE saw the car or have the car.

A car was abandoned at the abandoned CPS building between noon and 5 PM on the 13th Feb 2017 and none of the searchers that drove past there noticed it or knew who it belonged to? I don buy it
The car thing is just weird. I really don't know how much stock to put into that. The way Riley commented on it in that last news piece was really hard to read. We know they stopped asking the public for information on that vehicle. Maybe they got it figured out and it didn't have anything to do with BG and they've moved on...or maybe it did...Its so damn confusing.

Honestly, IMO, I don't think LE cares if the public as a whole is confused. Anyone who recognizes BG from the video or audio, or who knows anything about the car, will know it regardless of LE's wording.

Absolutely. It was targeting the BG, his relatives, or some friend who might have guessed the reason for the murders. I don’t know if BG was at the PC, but surely revealing the picture was a shock to him. The sketch is close enough for him to understand, “the police knows”.

But he did not come running to LE.

I think his relatives initially had no clue, but guessed with time, however, they are relatives.

Maybe there is someone else, who was the reason for the murders. Either a younger male, or a married woman. I believe it was some secret that unexpectedly got known during some chat. But this person will never come forward, although he/she, probably, is depressed and guilt-ridden.

I think that BG was a very young adult at that time, or maybe even an older teenager. Older adults find the ways to deal with the situation without killing anyone, or if they kill, it would be one person, and look like an accident. Not this horror. What happened here was anger and panic.

I think the anger is gone, but the panic stays. Maybe LE needs to work from “the motive” angle, and talk to that person. But I can’t advise them. They know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member