GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

I heard that, too & if so, wouldn’t that constitute a harsher sentence? MOO

They were evasive and non committal about charges today, when questioned.

I had to smile today, these guys are really, really good at public speaking. There's a skill set for this and these guys have mastered it.

MOO...

The court proceeding will initially be in JDC. No information will be released or leaked other than court date and those will not be on line. We might see a search warrant or two, unless the Judge seals those.

It could move to another court, but it will be a while.
The Blevins murder in Pittsylvania County is JDC and we've heard very little.

MOO..
I'm not at all familiar with the Blevins murder nor what JDC stands for, sorry.

I'm having trouble posting. My power is out, 30,mph wind and 60 mph gust.

I'll be reading, posting is a challenge.
Winds r bad here too. Kids and I were blown around while out trick or treating. And we just had major down pours. But I heard there may be tornados your way so be careful and stay safe! Thankful IH is not out in all that tonight.

I caught most of the PC today. I was moved by LE’s sheer happiness and relief they got to her alive. They really did do a fantastic collaborative job.
Was happy to hear IH was home and getting much needed rest. Just didn’t know how she would initially respond. The girl up in PA who left to Mexico refused to ever go home or see her mom and ended up in some kind of group home.
IMO

The vehicle was heading north on U.S. 1 in the Ladysmith area, Lippa said. Deputy Matt Wilcox caught up with the vehicle on Route 1 in the area of Paige Road and activated his emergency lights.

Lippa said the driver didn't immediately stop, but he said there was no pursuit as had initially been reported in initial news reports.

Lippa said the driver finally stopped after seeing other deputies showing up, and Lynch was taken into custody without incident.

IH appeared to be uninjured, but was taken by Wilcox to a local hospital to be checked out, police said.

Caroline Sheriff grateful for citizen's tip in locating Isabel Hicks

Winds r bad here too. Kids and I were blown around while out trick or treating. And we just had major down pours. But I heard there may be tornados your way so be careful and stay safe! Thankful IH is not out in all that tonight.

Thanks. Looks like all night high wind. I’m sure no power til the wind dies down.

I’m well prepared and have great neighbors.

So happy IH is home it’s dangerous out tonight. I’m sure we will see lots of downed trees and damage at daylight.

Okay..I'm not familiar with the laws in this state. So, hypothetically, cause we don't know for sure, freely or at gun point, it was an abduction because she is 14? TIA
Well she is a minor, and therefore in the custody (care and control) of her mother. She can't legally make decisions for herself about where she lives etc until she either is emancipated or reaches the age of majority. As far as the kidnapping/abduction that he was charged with, the code specified

"without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes another person with the intent to:..withhold or conceal him from any person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge,.."

So basically he had no legal authority to take her anywhere, then conceal her from the person who did ( her mother). Moo.

My interpretation if taken or transported against your will or without permission is 1 to 10 add SA 20 to life.

@gitana1 would be the expert.

MOO I have no formal knowledge of the law.

Well she is a minor, and therefore in the custody (care and control) of her mother. She can't legally make decisions for herself about where she lives etc until she either is emancipated or reaches the age of majority. As far as the kidnapping/abduction that he was charged with, the code specified

"without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes another person with the intent to:..withhold or conceal him from any person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge,.."

So basically he had no legal authority to take her anywhere, then conceal her from the person who did ( her mother). Moo.
IANAL but hopefully, it is all kinds of illegal to abscond with someone's 14-year-old daughter!!! That should be understood! MOO

I caught most of the PC today. I was moved by LE’s sheer happiness and relief they got to her alive. They really did do a fantastic collaborative job.
Was happy to hear IH was home and getting much needed rest. Just didn’t know how she would initially respond. The girl up in PA who left to Mexico refused to ever go home or see her mom and ended up in some kind of group home.
IMO
I hope AY is doing well now, and her mom as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back