GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

Agree. I didn't really understand what his spoken argument about motive either.
I think so too. It makes more sense to me that she was enraged with Alex for having spoken the truth that her sexual relations with Josh's (the older boyfriend who went off for some military training) friend John were consensual thereby further damaging that idealized romantic relationship (she would have liked for John to have been punished to vindicate herself from her own bad behavior)which was supposedly important to her (but not important enough that she didn't have sex with two others, one of whom was his close friend) Maybe she thought that she could make it look like Alex attacked her too so that would "prove" that John did as well and make everything fine with Josh.

This motive seems weak to me. What would getting Alex to admit their relationship was a mistake do?
I think she had blame-shifting in mind. She had asked Jenna (?) to fix things with Jason, and after that failed she wanted Alex to fix things by saying the relationship was a (his?) mistake. Nothing is her fault, iow. Just my interpretation of her personality. moo

I think so too. It makes more sense to me that she was enraged with Alex for having spoken the truth that her sexual relations with Josh's (the older boyfriend who went off for some military training) friend John were consensual thereby further damaging that idealized romantic relationship (she would have liked for John to have been punished to vindicate herself from her own bad behavior)which was supposedly important to her (but not important enough that she didn't have sex with two others, one of whom was his close friend) Maybe she thought that she could make it look like Alex attacked her too so that would "prove" that John did as well and make everything fine with Josh.

I think you mean Jason, not Josh?

I think she had blame-shifting in mind. She had asked Jenna (?) to fix things with Jason, and after that failed she wanted Alex to fix things by saying the relationship was a (his?) mistake. Nothing is her fault, iow. Just my interpretation of her personality. moo

Possible! I'm trying to make sense of an irrational/entitled thinker.

If Ezra's blood is not on that knife, what knife did she use to cut herself with?
Wasn’t there a steak knife or kitchen knife and also another knife found in the car trunk? I remember Jason gave her a military knife too to keep in her car for protection. I can’t remember if they tested all the knives or what the test results might have been. Also she could have possibly used a small sharp instrument or knife of some kind and then thrown it away somewhere else on the Sipple property and the police did not find it.

Every time, the prosecution was making strong points the defense objected. They are so obvious and I hope the jury sees it.

So satisfied and relieved to hear the FACTS of Alex's murder put into words without the diversions and distractions presented by the dirty defense. Even though they tried to interrupt the flow of the prosecution closing with their silly objections. I also noticed the defense was gussied up and Medusa tried to tame the snakes on her head, but it didn't work that well.

I missed the argument for the mistrial. What were they talking about?

Aaron A. Nelson calls his legal practice the Nelson Defense Group. His fancy website mentions that he is one of 50 Super Lawyers in Criminal Defense in Wisconsin.

Our Team - Nelson Defense Group

Deja Vishny was a long-time Wisconsin Public Defender who retired in 2018. She is listed as a Counsel rather than as an Attorney At Law.

Robert Maxey sits behind the senior lawyers.

A large part of the practice seems to be putting drunk drivers back behind the wheel of their automobiles.

Cases - Nelson Defense Group

Possible! I'm trying to make sense of an irrational/entitled thinker.
For me, "irrational" is enough. Based on a number of issues raised in this trial, I know that EM and I don't perceive the world in remotely the same way. What makes sense to her is likely not to make sense to me ...… and vice versa. With the evidence as it was presented, I would be comfortable with a guilty verdict. Some murderers simply don't have motives that make rational sense to the rest of us.

For me, "irrational" is enough. Based on a number of issues raised in this trial, I know that EM and I don't perceive the world in remotely the same way. What makes sense to her is likely not to make sense to me ...… and vice versa. With the evidence as it was presented, I would be comfortable with a guilty verdict. Some murderers simply don't have motives that make rational sense to the rest of us.

It doesn't make sense to you because you aren't a sociopath and Ezra is one, if not something worse.

Excellent points. I hope someone on the jury thinks like you do and is able to express it to the rest of the jurors.

"She looked more calm when she was describing the actual act of killing him than she does today during closing arguments." - commentator on CourtTV (the African American female defense attorney).

"She looked more calm when she was describing the actual act of killing him than she does today during closing arguments." - commentator on CourtTV (the African American female defense attorney).
I hope the jury took notice, because besides mooning over Jason, it's the first time she has expressed emotion that I have observed.

While I don’t think EM should get away without any charges or prison time, I also think the Prosecution has been pretty weak for most of this trial. They didn’t seem to really prove any sort of motive, and didn’t focus much on disproving the Defense’s theory of events. To me it seemed like they spent too much time on “EM is a liar”, AW’s journals, and some other small details that I’m not sure really helped drive their argument home to the jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back