CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

Wow this is very restrictive. What is the judge trying to achieve here? A fair trial? Won’t the jurors be sequestered?

I don't know about the judge's intentions. I haven't read anything about jury sequestration, but who knows?

ETA: This pre-trial stuff has caused me to re-calibrate my absurdity meter, b/c it was pegged for a while, IMO.

It makes more sense to me that they postpone the OS's until Monday morning. The jurors are getting thrown into this after a long morning of being interviewed and reinterviewed and herded around. Let them go home and rest and start Monday all fresh and ready to listen. JMO

If that happens, I am personally blaming you. :p This judge needs to understand that his trial schedule, directly affects my schedule.

I’m gonna need this to start today.

Chop, chop.

NOV 1, 2019
Jury finalized for Patrick Frazee trial
A jury was sworn in on Friday afternoon, for the Patrick Frazee trial at the Teller County Courthouse in Cripple Creek. The process began Monday.

[...]

Friday in court, Frazee appeared reserved, clad in a blue and white striped shirt and jeans, and made no reaction when District Attorney Dan May alluded to Krystal Kenney’s involvement in the case.

[...]

Prosecutors questioned the group for an hour on Friday morning. Each person in the group admitted to having experienced some type of exposure to the Frazee case.

[...]

Defense attorneys also questioned the group of potential jurors for an hour.

[...]

Ultimately, 16 people were seated — 12 jurors and four alternates. Of the 12 jurors, seven are women and five are men. Of the alternates, two are men and two are women.

Opening statements are slated to begin Friday afternoon at 2 p.m.

[...]

Shoot, as far as I've seen, there is nothing happening today in regards to the trial. Looks like they are trying to finish jury selection up Friday morning.

I'm not really understanding the reasoning behind no court today. I mean, I guess I would need a break from PF as well.

This seems like too much work to cut 90+ down to 16 by noon Friday though. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up starting Monday.

Edit to say: I'm going to be so pissed if that tent is only for PF to walk through. If I'm going to Teller County I better get to walk my *advertiser censored* through that infamous tent.

....I'm going to catch my own charge at this rate.

I think Thursday both prosecutors and defense were reviewing the 90 jurors and pre selecting those they definitely don’t want.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Both sides employed direct questions. Prosecution focused on importance of accountability, leadership & more. Defense focused on giving Frazee a fair trial amid heavy media coverage. That brought a strong collective criticism of the press
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:59 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Judge Scott Sells says he still expects this trial to be complete by Nov. 22, so a three-week period for this. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
1:01 PM - 1 Nov 2019

It feels quite frustrating. The judge has totally locked down all information about this trial.

This is not an International Terrorist with the issues of Homeland Security here. This is a garden variety brutal killing and the citizens do have a right to hear the facts, right? What happened?

At this point, I'm convinced that the only reason the National Guard hasn't been brought in is that Judge Sells doesn't actually have the authority to call up the National Guard.

Otherwise, we'd be seeing the National Guard outside the Teller County Courthouse right now.

Possibly with their weapons drawn...you know, in case any reporter reaches for their phone.

JMO.

Carol McKinley on Twitter
There was great concern from the defense about being able to discern betw facts and circumstantial evidence. #patrickfrazee was very interested in each potential juror, especially one who showed concern for him as a father. Trial should take 3 weeks. @ABC @Clayton_Sandell
1:04 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Frazee’s mother and sister plus a few friends are in the courtroom.
1:04 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members