CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Dramatic opening at #PatrickFrazee trial as prosecutor displays his face on screen: “This is the face of a cold, calculating manipulator!” @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

4:07 PM - 1 Nov 2019

During her hourlong statement, prosecutor Jennifer Viehman showed pics of blood stains in #KelseyBerreth’s condo and surveillance images of #PatrickFrazee entering and leaving around time she said murder occurred.

4:08 PM - 1 Nov 2019

She gave detailed overview of case: That #PatrickFrazee beat fiancee to death with bat and plotted cover-up with his mistress, Krystal Kenney, who is expected to testify.

4:10 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Cell phone records prove Frazee was alone during killing, and Kenney was in Idaho, prosecutor says. #PatrickFrazee took #KelseyBerreth's phone and tried to make it seem like she fled Colorado.

4:10 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Not so, says defense, comparing case against #PatrickFrazee to house with unseen foundational problems. Jury needs to hear "raw," "unedited" version, says Ashley Porter.

4:11 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Defense says Krystal Kenney has long track record of “lies” and told “tale” of murderous #PatrickFrazee only after taking plea deal that guaranteed no jail time.

4:12 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Attorney Ashley Porter: “It looks good from the outside. It looks like it’s all there. But when you really start hearing the evidence and hearing the facts you are going to realize deep foundational issues with this case.” #PatrickFrazee

4:13 PM - 1 Nov 2019

(post 1 of 2)

Me too. Juries can be strange animals. You never know who is really hiding behind their initial interviews.One or two may have hidden agendas or biases. One or two might be unable to connect the dots or may be dumber than a box of rocks. Or worse yet, one might be a manipulative control freak, and take the reins. Plenty of reasons for those of us wanting Justice for Kelsey, to feel concerned and apprehensive at this time. :oops:
I once served on a jury with a woman who simply could not make up her mind. Fortunately, it was a civil trial and we only needed 9 of 12 to agree.
But remember, it would take 12 complete idiots to acquit.

Hatfield and I must be kindred spirits. I suffer from the same malady it seems. I think it is PTSD from the Casey Anthony trial.

I start imagining that a jury is going to take the defence's Opening Statements as gospel, or will believe the defense attorneys' constant whining about prosecutorial misconduct, and may set the defendant free, unwisely.

I do send positive thoughts and energy to the attorneys, all of them---but still I feel concerned and nervous at the same time. Oh oh, am I a Nervous Nellie?:oops:
Yep, I also have Casey Anthony ptsd.

I disagree. I don't think she was planning to move. She bought a condo there and she loved her job. To me, that indicates that she was committed to staying. MOO
I am not sure. I think she bought the condo, thinking she had a nice little family to spend time there together. But then her relationship fell apart, and she ended up with a very long commute. And had to give her child to her inlaws ,most of the week. I think that began to wear at her.

Why not sell and move closer to her job, where she could put her child into pre-k, and spend more time with her? I think she was exploring these kinds of ideas. JMO

If so, it would trigger someone like PF, big time.

Last edited:
I was there today.

I'll update later.

Think most of the important stuff the media got out already.

On a funny note.
Was there someone live tweeting or something? Towards the end a cop got up and was walking around with a note that said "are you blogging?" Asking a bunch of people.

....and I was asked.

I wanted to respond: yes telepathicly. Seeing as I maybe had my phone out 5 mins out of the 3 hours.

Sells is worried about people being disruptive.... When that was the most disruptive part of the day.

Ok, you're our official insider! Were you able to enter the courthouse via PF's l'il tent of secrecy? Or is that reserved for him only?

ETA: I'm so sorry, I forgot my manners. Thank you for going and thank you for telling us about it.

Last edited:
I was there today.

I'll update later.

On a funny note.
Was there someone live tweeting or something? Towards the end a cop got up and was walking around with a note that said "are you blogging?" Asking a bunch of people.

....and I was asked.

I wanted to respond: yes telepathicly. Seeing as I maybe had my phone out 5 mins out of the 3 hours.

Sells is worried about people being disruptive.... When that was the most disruptive part of the day.
Thank you for being there and thank you for the updates!!!!!!

Whoa, BBM

Both Frazee's and Kenney's phones pinged down in Nash Ranch, where Kenney told prosecutors they took Berreth's body in the tote and put it on a rusted old horse trough on his property. He told Kenney not to look inside as he put gas and motor oil in the trough and set it on fire, Viehman said.

At a later date, Kenney would bring investigators back to that exact spot, which had been covered in dirt, and when uncovered, would show scorch marks and a possible human tooth fragment, Viehman said.

That's the first I've heard the tooth fragment was located in the burn trough. Did I miss it earlier????

Patrick Frazee murder trial: Opening statements

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 / 11:04 AM MDT / Updated: Nov 1, 2019 / 07:34 PM MDT
Jury seated, opening statements heard in Patrick Frazee trial

Cheryl Berreth also told the court the Frazee family wasn’t accepting of Berreth when she arrived. In fact, Frazee’s mother, Sheila, kicked her out after finding out she was pregnant, thinking Berreth hid her pregnancy on purpose.

[...]
SBM BBM

What a vile waste of air! I have no doubt that SF was on that porch watching that "bonfire"gleefully. No words...

Moo

I was there today.

I'll update later.

On a funny note.

....and I was asked.

You. Rock!

After KB could not be contacted, there was a text or phone call between CB and PF (or KB and PF, cannot remember) — one where the content was not released. This may be it — they are calling it a phone call but I wonder if it was a text.

Soon afterwards Patrick Frazee called Cheryl to inform her Kelsey had moved out, according to the testimony. The mother explained that was odd as she had heard nothing beforehand and maintained a close relationship with her daughter.

The article places this contact in the timeframe after Thanksgiving. Was it, or is the author confused and it actually took place when she moved away from the F house?

If after Thanksgiving, saying that to CB would have been incredibly stupid.

The same article others have mentioned.
Prosecutors call Berreth's mother as opening witness in murder trial

Defense didn’t say who they believe killed #KelseyBerreth. But they heavily emphasized role of Kenney in misleading investigators, in their characterization. #PatrickFrazee

4:13 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Today’s first witness was Cheryl Berreth, #KelseyBerreth’s mother. She said victim’s daughter Kaylee was “everything” to her and that #KelseyBerreth would never agree to give up custody, as #PatrickFrazee claimed when she went missing.

4:14 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Soft-spoken and matter of fact, Cheryl Berreth choked up just once – describing text message she sent to #PatrickFrazee on day authorities say daughter was killed.

4:15 PM - 1 Nov 2019

“I said something along the lines of ‘Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you’re feeling better.' “He said, 'Happy thanksgiving to you, too,'” Cheryl Berreth said, swallowing hard and dabbing at eyes with a tissue. #PatrickFrazee

4:15 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Cheryl Berreth told jury how she went to investigate #KelseyBerreth's Woodland Park condo after days went by w/o answer from her.

4:17 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Cinnamon rolls were uncovered on table, "hard as rocks," Cheryl Berreth said. Also left out was bread #KelseyBerreth bought for Thanksgiving dessert dip. Her luggage was still there. “When the sun was shining it looked like everything had been wiped.” #PatrickFrazee

4:19 PM - 1 Nov 2019

(post 2 of 2)

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 / 11:04 AM MDT / Updated: Nov 1, 2019 / 07:34 PM MDT
Jury seated, opening statements heard in Patrick Frazee trial
[...]

She said the move caused conflict, however, because Frazee continued to live with his mother in Florissant, and Berreth, with no job, had to get her own apartment.

Frazee and Berreth continued to live apart. They had a daughter together in 2017, but prosecutors described a stressful, deteriorating relationship, saying Frazee manipulated people to believe his fiance was a negligent and abusive parent and partner.

They say Kenney, in particular, fell victim to that manipulation, detailing how Frazee lied about Berreth’s abuse to convince Kenney to help him kill her. Prosecutors say he even went so far as to threaten Kenney’s daughter if she didn’t comply.

But, Viehman said, Kenney couldn’t do it.

[...]

In the days after Berreth was reported missing, prosecutors say Frazee made 46 phone calls to Kenney, and none to his fiance.

[...]

...Berreth moved to Colorado in 2016, after Frazee said he wanted to marry her.

[...]

Cheryl Berreth also told the court the Frazee family wasn’t accepting of Berreth when she arrived. In fact, Frazee’s mother, Sheila, kicked her out after finding out she was pregnant, thinking Berreth hid her pregnancy on purpose.

Cheryl Berreth said her daughter moved to several different places in Colorado, but continued trying to make the relationship with Frazee work.

[...]

Cheryl Berreth broke into tears recalling the last time she spoke to her daughter...

Members of the Berreth family, including Kelsey’s brother, Clint, held back tears. There was no reaction from Frazee during that testimony.

[...]

:(:mad::confused::eek:o_O:(

Whoa, BBM

Both Frazee's and Kenney's phones pinged down in Nash Ranch, where Kenney told prosecutors they took Berreth's body in the tote and put it on a rusted old horse trough on his property. He told Kenney not to look inside as he put gas and motor oil in the trough and set it on fire, Viehman said.

At a later date, Kenney would bring investigators back to that exact spot, which had been covered in dirt, and when uncovered, would show scorch marks and a possible human tooth fragment, Viehman said.

That's the first I've heard the tooth fragment was located in the burn trough. Did I miss it earlier????

WHOAH is RIGHT!

You didn't miss anything.

This is the first time that news has been made public re: a possible tooth fragment having been pulled from the burn pile at the franch.

This. is. HUGE.

And the only reason, the ONLY reason, this would have been mentioned by the prosecution in the opening arguments is because that fragment has been tested.

It was a teaser.

And guess what, folks?

*Spoiler Alert: It's going to be a tooth fragment.

It's going to be KB's tooth fragment.

He's. Toast.

JMO.

Last edited:
Whoa, BBM

So both KK and PF’s phones pinged at Nash. That’s damning. That’s corroboration.

Yeah, I think that’s the first we’ve heard as to where that tooth fragment was found.

I am not sure. I think she bought the condo, thinking she had a nice little family to spend time there together. But then her relationship fell apart, and she ended top with a very long commute. And had to give her child to her inlaws ,most of the week. I think that began to wear at her.

Why not sell and move closer to her job, where she could put her child into pre-k, and spend more time with her? I think she was exploring this kinds of ideas. JMO
I have been wrong many times before.

Whoa, BBM

No, that's NEW! information. Oooooh. How in the world is the defense going to explain this?

WHOAH is RIGHT!

You didn't miss anything, that's the first time this has come out in public re: that tooth fragment having been pulled from the burn pile at the franch.

This. is. HUGE.

And the only reason that would have been mentioned by the prosecution in the opening arguments is because that fragment has been tested.

It was a teaser.

And guess what, folks?

*Spoiler Alert: It's going to be a tooth fragment.

It's going to be KB's tooth fragment.

He's. Toast.

JMO.
OMGEEEE!!! I didn't want to get too excited, but I thought I would have remembered that. We've been speculating on the 'tooth fragment' for months.

Jumping up and down in glee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member