CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay from today opening statements:

Viehman starts out with a picture of PF from ENT ...(baby carrier present in passenger seat) says in a few short minutes after this was taken this guy brutally murders KB. "This face, this guy, he's a murderer." (points at PF....looking just like he always does)
*Shows picture of the black tote in the back of truck from ENT.
*later showed on the neighbors security camera of the truck passing by (after they believe the murder to have taken place) the tote was flipped the opposite way.

Some side notes: They have pictures of KB and Patrick going into her condo from that day. KB has poinsettias in her hands. No, PF didn't buy them for her. It's what she purchased at Safeway that day. (now we know)

The neighbors security camera literally faces her door. (This was confusing to me) They have pictures also of PF leaving and coming back later that day. Can't say he looks like he brutally murdered someone. No change of clothes, doesn't look to be covered in blood. (defense also pointed this out). Also no pictures of him leaving with a black totes or anything, unless of course these are coming later.

A lot of talk of the cellular activity of PF/KBs phone after this. Zoned out at this part. Basically all of what you can read online.
Between Nov 25-Dec. 4 46 calls to KK and zero to KB (even after police & CB had contacted him about KB being missing)

Also mentioned was that KK and PF had affair for YEARS. The night before KK married CL, PF begged her not to go through with it
KK found out through a mutual friend that PF had a child.

When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).
It included: Running errands, picking up baby, etc and in what order

*sorry if this is all scrambled, my notes are probably like PF's notes....non existent.

JMO but I thought Viehman made KK sound wayyyyy too nice and like a freaking gift to god. I know this is to ultimately show that she had nothing to do with the actual murder. Still made my skin crawl though.

Defense:
Pretty short. Basically related this case to seeing a house you want to buy on the internet. Looks great, until you see it in person and there's a lot of cracks in the foundation.
Going to place the blame on KK. Somewhere other than the KB condo. Said her house wasn't a murder scene like they claim. KK didn't go to the police, she only talked once offered a plea ETC.

I'll add if I remember anymore from opening statements.

*Ma waited at the door and watched him walked in.
Do not believe she was in court.

Pictures are VERY clear and close. Obvious it's PF and in same clothes he's in at ENT.

Also forgot some major part.
Yes they showed pictures of the tooth fragment from the fire pit.
KK claims the fire took so long she tried to sleep in her car during it.
Got frustrated and left after this.

Some confusion I had.
I thought they said he burned her inside that black tote, but they showed a picture of the black tote they found at his property.
Also showed pictures of where the tote was at Nash Ranch. The hay is stained a dark red/black color.

Thank you so much for going and giving us a detailed recap! @GoJacks You Rock!
Question of clarification on the pictures of PF entering/leaving KB's condo: Could you see his shoes? Or was it a photo from the waist up? Shoulders up? I'm wondering about how he got the tote and/or KB's body in and out of the condo. Could he have pushed it along the ground with his feet without the tote being seen on camera? Or pulled it with a handle that was too close to the ground for the camera to capture? TIA.

I gotta admit, I’m kind of annoyed. We got more informationfrom @GoJacks than we did from any reporter inthat courtroom.

We heard details that they missed, and more detail on the things they discussed. Here are most of his posts, for those who may have missed them.

Thanks again! I’m sure everyone is very appreciative of your insight.
BBM:

Hence the reason the Decorum Order by Judge Sells absolutely blows.

I. Told. You. So.

If we hadn't had GoJacks there today, do you realize how much of this info we'd be lacking??????

And we're not going to have the luxury of a poster being in the courtroom every day of this trial.

We're going to miss a ton of the testimony that's presented in this trial.

A TON.

JMO.

Last edited:
Oh yah i forgot about that.
KK took the pipe back to SF house and left it at the gate entrance. SF found it.

I believe 2 of his ideas were for her to put her in the trash.

Also if anyone showed up...just run. yah where the heck is KK running to. nowhere.

They did bring up that PF told KK "people go missing all the time. One second your little girl might be at the playground and the next second, she might be gone"

PF also said: "You made a promise to a little girl and you need to keep that promise"
(PF told KK that KB was abusing baby and KK needed to save her from that harm)

I think that KK might be saved from being totally hated by the jury, if the jury believes that PF convinced her of the child abuse. It's the only way she could be slightly a sympathetic witness, if she was trying to protect a baby.

I gotta admit, I’m kind of annoyed. We got more information from @GoJacks than we did from any reporter in that courtroom.

We heard details that they missed, and more detail on the things they discussed. Here are most of his posts, for those who may have missed them.

Thanks again! I’m sure everyone is very appreciative of your insight.

MG, you say potato, I say potahto!
I just sat down to write how much happier I am tonight, thanks to GoJacks.
(I actually know we're saying the same thing.)

I think for the first time we had someone paying close attention and telling us all the important little details that show the guilt of Patrick Frazee.

I wonder what we missed in the past due to MSM folks just borrowing from each other with much being lost in the transfer.

I'm not anti-media at all but I don't think they've put enough manpower on this trial.

It all went faster than they expected and, it being in a small town, they just weren't prepared.

Going back to their mediocre coverage is going to be an adjustment for us and I'm thinking GoJack should quit his/her day job and sign on with one of the big guys for the duration.

Everyone agree?
If that can't happen, thank you, GoJack, for making this a great day for all who support justice for Kelsey and her family. You did her proud.

I think for the first time we had someone paying close attention and telling us all the important little details that show the guilt of Patrick Frazee.

I wonder what we missed in the past due to MSM folks just borrowing from each other with much being lost in the transfer.

I'm not anti-media at all but I don't think they've put enough manpower on this trial.

It all went faster than they expected and, it being in a small town, they just weren't prepared.

Going back to their coverage is going to be an adjustment for us and I'm thinking GoJack should quit his/her day job and sign on with one of the big guys for the duration.

Everyone agree?
If that can't happen, thank you, GoJack, for making this a great day for all who support justice for Kelsey and her family. You did her proud.

I guess it comes down to this:

We discuss every detail, and know this case inside and out. Those reporters are serving a larger audience—the average reader/viewer.

So they are focusing on the big picture, while we want every damn thing. It’s not an excuse, but it’s the reality.

Fortunately, @GoJacks has agreed to completely put his life on hold, and sacrifice his family and career for US.

What. A. Guy. If he plays his cards right, he’ll have more “lightly used” fast food gift cards than he knows what to do with.

Maybe there will even be one for Sonic in there (I’m not making any promises though). So worth it.

No, I meant drawings of evidence to be presented to the jury, instead of these new-fangled photographs! Why use 21st Century technology when the old ways work JUST FINE??

I couldn’t control my sarcasm. The judge is being ridiculous.

I guess it comes down to this:

We discuss every detail, and know this case inside and out. Those reporters are serving a larger audience—the average reader/viewer.

So they are focusing on the big picture, while we want every damn thing. It’s not an excuse, but it’s the reality.

Fortunately, @GoJacks has agreed to completely put his life on hold, and sacrifice his family and career for US.

What. A. Guy. If he plays his cards right, he’ll have more “lightly used” fast food gift cards than he knows what to do with.

Maybe there will even be one for Sonic in there (I’m not making any promises though). So worth it.
Summarizing:

What I hear you saying is, we owe @GoJacks a debt we can never repay.

So, we're going to send him a bunch of used gift cards with negligible balances to repay him.

Why does this not surprise me.

Last edited:
(I actually know we're saying the same thing.)

Going back to their mediocre coverage is going to be an adjustment for us and I'm thinking GoJack should quit his/her day job and sign on with one of the big guys for the duration.

Everyone agree?

Haha, thank you! Honestly I could have done a way better job.
Next time, I'll actually take notes. I wasn't 100% sure what I could or could not bring in. Luckily, I have a pretty good memory. Also this allowed me to focus more on expressions (or lack there of) taking place.
Unfortunately, can't be there every day. (I wish, ugh). Dying to see the cross-exam of CB. She seems like such a kind and sweet lady, can't imagine they can go too hard on her and expect the jury to respect that. (jmo)

I usually don't work long hours on Friday, so that's my best bet of making it again.
I plan on trying to make it to KK's testimony. Of course if they throw her on the stand with no heads up, I won't be there.

Also, lets hope the weather cooperates.

SEND ME ALL THE SONIC GIFTCARDS, PLEASE.
Enough gift cards and i'll run through the circus tent. jk no i wont!!!! (they're probably reading this)
Next week on the Decorum: no posting to websleuths.

*also currently reading through the first thread of her being missing. bringing back some memories and also all the questions people were asking are now being answered.

These Frazees are some crazies, that's for sure.

At the risk of going all conspiracy-theory here, would you be surprised if Patrick just used Kelsey to get a baby?

Would he have continued to meet women online and have babies with them to populate Mama's ranch?

Would they too disappear?

Since the brother and sister weren't interested in working for the family business, maybe this was going to be Patrick's way of keeping it all going for Mama?

It gives me the creeps to even consider and it has the makings of a Twilight Zone episode but I'm not sure it's too big a stretch to believe it!

As to the bolded, I posted a similar theory awhile ago. I think they may have agreed, while talking online, that they both were ready to start a family. So a few months later, this 'Prince Charming' comes to move her to his hometown---out of state.

He tells her she doesn't need to work, he has got it all figured out--he got her a little apartment, etc. But at the same time, he is tainting her reputation to his friends and family---making her an isolated outcast. He is such a snake.

I think he did want a baby---but not necessarily a wife. And co-parenting was getting too annoying. His baby's mother was too intelligent and independent for his tastes. JMO

Last edited:
What I hear you saying is, we owe @GoJacks a debt we can never repay.

So, we're going to send him a bunch of used gift cards with negligible balances to repay him.

Why does this not surprise me.

Not “negligible,” just not necessarily “full.”

I mean, what if he orders like $20 worth of food at Taco Bell for lunch, and the card doesn’t work?!

It’s important that these cards be “tested,” so that he doesn’t have any issues.

The fact that $20 worth of anything at Taco Bell, is likely to cause “issues,” notwithstanding.

Fortunately, he’s promised to sit near the Frazee clan during all 3 weeks he has promised to attend. So his “issues,” will be their “issues.”

Again, the fact that he has made no such “promise,” notwithstanding.

Basically, you’ve taken a beautiful promise that I have made on behalf of others, into sounding “cheap.”

I’m appalled.

From the link a page or two back.

"Frazee was upset afterward, but told Kenney she'd have another chance because "people go missing all the time," Viehman said.
They tried again in October, this time with a pipe as the weapon, she said. Frazee allegedly instructed Kenney to hit Berreth on the back of the head with the pipe, put her body in a garbage can and drag it down the road, Viehman said."

Extra tidbits we went privy to before...
I said before and I'll say it again- he was trying to set KK up for the fall. I mean really, drag the garbage can down the street and do what with it, exactly? Put it in front of one of the neighbor's houses until trash day?

When I think about it- his DNA would be all over that condo, just from visiting Kelsey and the baby. So his fingerprints wouldn't be suspect there at all.

How convenient that he wanted this done at Kelsey's condo and tried to get KK to do the deed three times, each time, she didn't go through with it. KK's prints would have no business being in Kelsey's condo, they weren't friends or related. I sincerely doubt that KK had latex gloves on when she handed Kelsey the coffee, right? Do we picture KK wearing latex gloves while arriving at Kelsey's door, holding a bat or a pipe in her hands?

PF in my eyes, wanted a 2 for 1- murder of Kelsey with KK in jail for life for her murder. He figured he'd be rid of them both and free to move on to his next victim, I mean hooker, in line.

Scum bag.

As to the bolded, I posted a similar theory awhile ago. I think they may have agreed, while talking online, that they both were ready to start a family. So a few months later, this 'Prince Charming' comes to move her to his hometown---out of state.

He tells her she doesn't need to work, he has got it all figured out--he got her a little apartment, etc. But at the same time, he is tainting her reputation to his friends and family---making her an isolated outcast. He is such a snake.

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere by media and I also forgot. KB was pregnant before, lost the baby around the previous Thanksgiving. CB mentioned it in her testimony. So, perhaps they were actually trying for baby.

I said before and I'll say it again- he was trying to set KK up for the fall. I mean really, drag the garbage can down the street and do what with it, exactly? Put it in front of one of the neighbor's houses until trash day?

When I think about it- his DNA would be all over that condo, just from visiting Kelsey and the baby. So his fingerprints wouldn't be suspect there at all.

How convenient that he wanted this done at Kelsey's condo and tried to get KK to do the deed three times, each time, she didn't go through with it. KK's prints would have no business being in Kelsey's condo, they weren't friends or related. I sincerely doubt that KK had latex gloves on when she handed Kelsey the coffee, right? Do we picture KK wearing latex gloves while arriving at Kelsey's door, holding a bat or a pipe in her hands?

PF in my eyes, wanted a 2 for 1- murder of Kelsey with KK in jail for life for her murder. He figured he'd be rid of them both and free to move on to his next victim, I mean hooker, in line.

Scum bag.

I thought I heard that wrong in court. So yes, that was also part of the plan I see. I was thinking, I must have heard that wrong no way he wanted her to roll the trash down the street. I was imagining the garbage man opening the trash the next day like ???
Guess we'd have the body then.

I hope not. I would be scared to let that poor darling anywhere near those monsters.
That's why I feel a sense of desperation in this trial. I always want Justice for the victims. But there is added urgency because if he walks free--he will likely regain custody of that sweet baby. That would be devastating. I pray that never happens.

Not “negligible,” just not necessarily “full.”

I mean, what if he orders like $20 worth of food at Taco Bell for lunch, and the card doesn’t work?!

It’s important that these cards be “tested,” so that he doesn’t have any issues.

The fact that $20 worth of anything at Taco Bell, is likely to cause “issues,” notwithstanding.

Fortunately, he’s promised to sit near the Frazee clan during all 3 weeks he has promised to attend. So his “issues,” will be their “issues.”

Again, the fact that he has made no such “promise,” notwithstanding.

Basically, you’ve taken a beautiful promise that I have made on behalf of others, into sounding “cheap.”

I’m appalled

BBM:

Listen, Sister:

You know what they say: "If the purple boa and 6-inch stilettos fit..."

And nothing "beautiful" ever came of a trip to Taco Bell, I can promise you that.

Last edited:
It was basically a hit and run. Kelsey is unstable, the police aren’t doing anything, the media is lying, Patrick is a loving father, help get the word out, blah blah blah.

I politely asked her why her family wasn’t helping in the search efforts, to which she responded something to the effect of “pray for Kelsey.”

She also said that all this attention would make Kelsey scared to return home.
I thought that the sister was the one who posted about her drug addiction, that she has ran away before and left PF in charge of the baby, that she wasn't reliable, she was a liar, she was seeing some guy at her job and maybe she ran off with him. She went full throttle on here and elsewhere, saying the same things, spreading all BS. She also asked for her posts to be removed on here later on- maybe just as PF was about to get arrested or right after?

Article has again been updated just 10 minutes ago to include CB's testimony and it's very detailed.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
After the opening statements today, prosecutors brought forward their first witness: Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey’s mother. She described the growing panic last December as the days passed with no sign of her daughter. More: http://bit.ly/2C6LRL4 #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
10:58 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Prosecutors call Berreth's mother as first witness

[...]

That move happened in May 2016. Frazee, Berreth and her parents loaded a trailer with her possessions and the couple drove from Washington to Florissant. Frazee had purchased Berreth a studio appointment, where she lived when she first moved there. Berreth and Frazee never lived together at any point in their relationship, though Berreth would often visit for weekends, Cheryl said.

However, before moving in, Berreth spent a night at Frazee’s home, which he shared with his mother, because they had driven into Colorado late in the evening and decided they’d unpack everything the following day, Cheryl said. Based on what Berreth had told her later, Frazee’s mother had accused her of being a hooker the following morning, Cheryl said.

She said she believes Berreth and Frazee’s mother were able to work past the incident, but the feelings didn’t go away, she said.

[...]

Come early October 2018, Berreth’s parents flew out to Colorado to celebrate Kaylee’s first birthday. Berreth, her parents and Frazee spent the day together in her condo. Cheryl said their stay was short — they planned to visit for Christmas too. They were not planning on visiting around Thanksgiving Day.

[...]

Cheryl confirmed that her daughter made no mention of an argument or unusual behavior from Frazee. She said she was sure Berreth would have said something to her if their relationship had hit a rocky patch. But the opposite seemed true — Berreth had been looking to purchase a ranch in the area and had even looked at places with Frazee and Cheryl, her mother said.

[...]

When she asked Frazee to go to the Woodland Park condo to check on Berreth, Frazee said he had to check on his cows, but would go over afterward, though “she wouldn’t want to see him,” Cheryl said. She said she didn’t care about that — she just wanted to know if Berreth or her car was at the condo.

The only things they noticed were missing were her purse, keys and iPhone.

The prosecutors brought up three pictures of the condo at this time:
  • The first showed her kitchen table, with stale bread, sparkling cider, live flowers, some papers and a laptop on it.
  • The second showed the view from the front door. The living room area was very sparse with little furniture. A wooden chest she had used as a footstool had been pushed up against the fireplace, which Cheryl said she thought was odd. They also noticed smears all over the apartment, from the loveseat to the stove. The toys Cheryl and her husband had bought for Kaylee for her birthday were also missing.
  • The third photo showed the four stale cinnamon buns on the stove, along with a plug-in candle that was still on.
Friday’s trial period ended after the prosecutors showed this final picture. It will continue Monday morning.

[...]

Ok now that the context of the "hooker" story is a little more fleshed out it makes better sense that the hooker insult wasn't an ongoing thing, but it's also worse than I thought...The first time they met Ma F called KB a hooker. Poor KB. There were huge red flags from the first moment of this relationship and KB was still somehow fooled by PF's love bombing. She must have been so confused. I mean on the one hand PF claimed to want to marry her and offered to put her up in an apartment of her own if she moved to CO. He bought said apartment. He flew up to ID to help her move. Yet when they return to CO late at night and decide to crash at the ranch, his mom jumps to the conclusion that KB is hooker. Er, what? Why didn't SF already know all about the woman PF wanted to marry? Why didn't she know that PF had gone to help his girlfriend move to CO? And why did she think KB must be a hooker that PF brought home? Did he do that a lot? Or is it just an indication of how nasty of a person SF is to assume any woman staying over night under the same roof as her son is a hooker? Could SF have perhaps used the word "wh0re" and CB softened the insult by saying "hooker" instead? Flags. So many red flags. But I can see why KB would have been blinded to them. She thought she found "the one" and that he was going to support her while she followed her dream of working as a flight instructor/pilot. PF seems to have had other plans from the get go. It seems like PF purposely sabotaged KB's relationship with SF. He had to have known what SF's reaction would be when he brought KB home. He has had girlfriends before KB. MOO.

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere by media and I also forgot. KB was pregnant before, lost the baby around the previous Thanksgiving. CB mentioned it in her testimony. So, perhaps they were actually trying for baby.

I thought I heard that wrong in court. So yes, that was also part of the plan I see. I was thinking, I must have heard that wrong no way he wanted her to roll the trash down the street. I was imagining the garbage man opening the trash the next day like ???
Guess we'd have the body then.

BBM:

KB lost a baby? I don't remember this bit about a prior pregnancy at all.

Does anyone else?

I thought that the sister was the one who posted about her drug addiction, that she has ran away before and left PF in charge of the baby, that she wasn't reliable, she was a liar, she was seeing some guy at her job and maybe she ran off with him. She went full throttle on here and elsewhere, saying the same things, spreading all BS. She also asked for her posts to be removed on here later on- maybe just as PF was about to get arrested or right after?

Well that certainly sounds like her, and the timing is right. She disappeared right after PF’s arrest.

She also managed to get an accurate news article edited, to remove the identification of her brother as a police officer.

Thank you so much for going and giving us a detailed recap! @GoJacks You Rock!
Question of clarification on the pictures of PF entering/leaving KB's condo: Could you see his shoes? Or was it a photo from the waist up? Shoulders up? I'm wondering about how he got the tote and/or KB's body in and out of the condo. Could he have pushed it along the ground with his feet without the tote being seen on camera? Or pulled it with a handle that was too close to the ground for the camera to capture? TIA.

I believe the camera to literally be from the next door neighbor. faces right at KB door. I can't remember if the fencing blocks his bottom half or the camera only captures the top half. But from memory, I only remember top half. (sorry, I was so stunned that these picture existed that I probably didn't focus enough on them)

So perhaps you are right that this is how he got the tote out.

I'd love to see the pictures of KK entering and leaving with her bags of trash. They HAVE to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member