CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emotional abuse is a form of domestic violence and why judges issue protection orders, especially so if small children are involved. I know because my DD obtained one.

There is no evidence so far that PF was abusive to KB or to their child. Domestic violence usually doesn't start with murder, it escalates TO murder.

JMO
<modsnip: rude and personalizing> If PF didn’t abuse KB previously then he probably didn’t commit the murder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we sing a goodbye song to the notion that there was only blood in the bathroom......PLEASE?
Altogether now........!

Oh you sparked my memory. They asked her about the bathroom. She said she doesn't even remember turning on the light in there. She said she ran water in the shower and cleaned the top of the toilet and the lid of the toilet.

Also she mopped the floor on her hands in knees with a rag (entire place, not bathroom).

This was actually talked about later, Viehman brought it up at some point. I think apparently PF tried to clean the living room floor with a baby wipe but gave up. KK said baby wipe was still laying on the floor when she got there.

Like, he literally put zero effort into the clean up before he quit. <modsnip>

Edit: also KK had to take KB's trash bags because 2 wasn't enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what I heard of KK's testimony today*
Also I forgot a pen so this is all off the top of my head.

Okay so KK drives through the night (with a 20 min power nap somewhere along the way) and is instructed to pick up the keys @ PF's house. Believe he had them in something at the gate of the Franch.

Parks her car a little bit away from KB's condo and walks there. I believe she said she only came armed with 2 trash bags, a thing of bleach, a painting (hazmat) type suit, a box of gloves, rags, and shoe booties.

She said she walked in and knew it was bad. Says blood spatter everywhere.
Viehman says, what does blood spatter mean to you. She describes the scene, said it looked more like when you take a paint brush and fling the paint rather than like paint dripping. Blood taller than she could reach in some areas. Says living room floor was covered in blood. Bloody foot prints throughout.

Asks to describe footprints. Says not a child's footprints, not a small footprint, a big boot like footprint. Not cowboy boot as it had tread.

Asks how she started to clean. Believe she said PF told her where to find KB's cleaning supplies. Found an empty bottle and filled that will bleach. Also found windex which she didn't use initially but said used later (they directly asked about the windex, so seem it might be important, perhaps it's what left the streaks everywhere).

Said she spent most of her time cleaning the East(?) wall in the living room. Asked how she cleaned things. Said she used a rag until it was too dirty and would leave residue. At one point they asked how many rags she went through, she said a lot. Said she left with barely if any clean rags.

At some point she realized there was really just too big of mess to clean up. PF told her to wash things. (btw PF called her multiple times while she was cleaning). Believe she did use the washer to wash things but then gave up and started throwing things away. Talk about popping the exercise ball to trash it, stuffed animals, curtains, etc. Ended up with SIX bags of trash.

There was an initial list of things PF said to make sure about. Clean the candles, clean the cookie cutters, grab her purse from upstairs etc. There might have been more things, can't remember exactly.

I believe in one of the phone calls PF asked her to look for the tooth in the vent. Tooth wasn't found in vent, she found it behind a cedar chest.

Asked about baby gate. Tells them the baby gate had blood on it.
Viehman "did you clean it?" KK says no. Viehman, ''what did you do with it?" KK says she put it in the backroom.

Viehman presents said baby gate and asks if it's the same one. She says yes. She says how can you tell, says it's the same style of one with the same clips as the one in KB's house.

....I'll post more later. Want to watch Sam, as I want to hear about the first half of the days testimony.
Once again, you've placed us at the scene, terrible as it is, GoJacks. You're the best!

This makes it all the more astounding that KK stayed there and cleaned after seeing the horror.

NOV 6, 2019
Patrick Frazee trial: 'Please stop,' Kelsey Berreth pleaded as she was beaten to death, says witness
“Please stop.”

[...]

The desperate plea capped an emotional day of testimony from prosecutors’ star witness, Krystal Lee, an Idaho nurse who testified that Frazee personally confessed to the killing, then enlisted her help in trying to cover it up.

Lee — who no longer goes by her former married name of Kenney — broke down in sobs while relaying in a barely audible voice, what Frazee told her about Berreth’s dying words.

[...]

Often choking up and dabbing her face with a tissue, Lee recalled first falling for Frazee in 2006 at a dance in Lake George, west of Colorado Springs.

[...]

Their relationship soured a year and a half later. And Lee described a moment afterward where Frazee threatened to kill a dog he had given her, telling her that the previous owner was demanding the dog back unless he paid for it.

But they stayed in touch every few years, often through Facebook. Days before her 2010 wedding to another man in 2010, Frazee urged her to back out. She went through with the marriage anyway.

[...]

When her marriage turned rocky in 2015, Lee traveled back to Colorado and began an affair with Frazee — recalling "it was like nothing had changed — same giddy feeling."

Frazee urged her to get a divorce. And in March 2016, Lee became pregnant with Frazee’s child — news that Frazee did not take well.

[...]

Lee had an abortion, and told Frazee it was a miscarriage. Even though she filed for divorce two months later, the two didn't reconnect until October 2017.

In August 2018, Frazee, 33, acknowledged he was in another relationship, and that he had a child. Frazee claimed the mother, 29-year-old Berreth, was abusing their toddler daughter, Kaylee.

[...]

She eventually grew suspicious of Frazee’s claims that Berreth was a poor mother, especially after babysitting the girl and not finding any bruises on her.

She said she never called police out of fear that she’d be blamed, and that Frazee would call someone to kill her, too.

[...]

On Thanksgiving evening, Frazee called Lee and told her she had “a mess to clean up,” she testified.

[...]

When Lee opened the door to Berreth’s apartment on the morning of Nov. 24, she said she found blood splattered everywhere. On the floor, the fireplace, behind the couch. On cookie cutters, on carpets in nearly every room and on the walls higher than Lee could reach. On a windowsill, on stuffed animals and on a family picture of Patrick, Kelsey and Kaylee Frazee.

[...]

Over the next four hours, she cleaned the apartment from top to bottom — she filled six garbage bags with curtains, washcloths, toys and other items stained with blood that she couldn't clean.

Later that day, she accompanied Frazee to property he leased southwest of Cripple Creek, where he had stashed Berreth’s body in a tote atop bales of hay.

[...]

“He just said he swung away, and that it was really hard," Lee said. Frazee added that using the bat wasn't humane. And that in the future, he'd stick to normal weapons … the old fashioned way.”

[...]

“I saw some of those pictures,” Lee said. “And I knew there were people who cared about her. And people were going to look for her.”

Lee is expected back on the stand Thursday for cross examination by Frazee's public defenders.

"in the future"?!

Surely KK could see herself in that scenario!

Thank you O. Even while he was plotting away, she was being her kind self. Makes me so angry I want to scream.

This has been one of the things that hurt the most, knowing she still cared enough about him to spend the whole night helping with his cows. Then running out to get meds for his stomach, picking up groceries to make him a damned sweet potato casserole. This is how she spent the last 24 hours of her life. And then he beat her to death while she indulged him in what she thought was a game. It just makes me sick.

I'd like to point out, PF looked down the entire time. Think I saw him look up only once during this testimony.

So KK spends 4 hours or so cleaning up KB's place. Talks about cleaning blood off a picture of PF,KB, & Baby. Talks about how she covered the kitchen(?) window with a towel so no one could see in during this.

There's no mention of why there was a candle left on or why the broom was left on the bed btw. Trust me I wanted to raise my hand and ask, ha.

They ask her about the blood she supposedly left on purpose. Says she knew people were going to be looking for KB and she hoped this would give them a clue.

This is about all I remember of the clean up part. If I remember more I'll add it.

They ask her what she did next. She said she put all the trash outside walked to her car and drove up and threw all the trash in her car and drove off.

Viehman proceeds to ask what she does next.

Silence. long silence. Almost awkward long silence. (boy did I know where this was going)

You can tell she is VERY hesitant to talk about this.

She starts by saying she was very thirsty. She said I had water in my car but I finished it before I even drove off (we do know this is a lie, as she is seen drinking said water @ sonic)

More hesitation. Says she wanted to appear normal to PF and like she wasn't raddled so she went to Sonic. Said she chose Sonic because it was the closest thing to KB's place. Said she got a drink and got food for PF & baby.

After this she headed to the Franch.

So PF & KK are talking in code texts at this point. It was all horse related, so I think she sent him something about the horses looked good* and this was code for she was done.
*Btw, that is not a direct quote. It was something about horses and I don't remember what.

So KK meets PF @ the Conoco, said she got there first and pulled off to the side by the storage units? PF pulls up a bit later and picks her up. Not really sure why this took place, perhaps he didn't want KK's car @ the Franch

Said @ the Franch she stayed outside and PF was doing chores or farm stuff. Noticed he had a young helper at the Franch, so they didn't talk much. The helper was helping him clean up some clutter at the Franch I believe.

Believe he mentioned something about do you know how hard it was to eat thanksgiving dinner with your family while the mother of your child was sitting in a tote outside.

PF did ask her if she did a good job. I believe she said something like the best I could. PF said her life depended on it, so she better hope she did.

This is when the wood floors are brought up. I guess PF had called her while @ KB's house and asked if there was dents or marks in the wood floor. KK said there wasn't. Apparently when she got to Franch he again asked her about marks in the wood floor. She told him she didn't see any marks.

This was not elaborated any further. I assume it's important.

She was there for about 3 hours at this point. She told PF she wanted to leave, PF told her they needed to go to Nash Ranch so she could take the tote back. She said no way, I have expired tags if I get pulled over you realize this will come back directly to you.

She stated a few times that she kept telling PF she just wanted to leave. It was starting to snow out and most of her family believed her to be at a birthday party and that she needed to get back.

PF told her "they" needed to finish what they started. So KK heads to Nash Ranch with him. Says the ride is at least 45 mins long. Viehman asks what they talk about. KK says PF told her about the estate issues with his family. Some other random stuff. Viehman asks if they talk about what just took place at all. KK says not a lot about it. Viehman says well what did he say about it.

I think this is when she says something like, PF told her it was inhumane the way he did it. He said in the future he would do it differently. (lovely)
Idiots. Thinking three hours was enough to clean the horror away.
SMH.

Sam has to break to do a report but he will be back live in a few minutes
The FB live will be here 10 EST
Sam Kraemer TV

My reporting didn’t do much good because it buffered so much and I missed so much and WS is not responding -I do want to hear his words about the “please stop“ plea made by KB at the end of her life

Last edited:
"This is when the wood floors are brought up. I guess PF had called her while @ KB's house and asked if there was dents or marks in the wood floor. KK said there wasn't. Apparently when she got to Franch he again asked her about marks in the wood floor. She told him she didn't see any marks."

What did he hit the floor with the bat. Or maybe the chair? How else dents to the point he be worried about it

Sam Kraemer TV

My reporting didn’t do much good because it buffered so much and I missed so much and WS is not responding -I do want to hear his words about the “please don’t “ plea made by KB at the end of her life
Please don't or please stop?

Sam Kraemer TV

My reporting didn’t do much good because it buffered so much and I missed so much and WS is not responding -I do want to hear his words about the “please don’t “ plea made by KB at the end of her life
Thank you for the ongoing reporting. WS was freezing up like crazy so it must have been frustrating.

"This is when the wood floors are brought up. I guess PF had called her while @ KB's house and asked if there was dents or marks in the wood floor. KK said there wasn't. Apparently when she got to Franch he again asked her about marks in the wood floor. She told him she didn't see any marks."

What did he hit the floor with the bat. Or maybe the chair? How else dents to the point he be worried about it

This is what I was thinking. I assume we will hear something about this later.

Oh you sparked my memory. They asked her about the bathroom. She said she doesn't even remember turning on the light in there. She said she ran water in the shower and cleaned the top of the toilet and the lid of the toilet.

Also she mopped the floor on her hands in knees with a rag (entire place, not bathroom).

This was actually talked about later, Viehman brought it up at some point. I think apparently PF tried to clean the living room floor with a baby wipe but gave up. KK said baby wipe was still laying on the floor when she got there.

Like, he literally put zero effort into the clean up before he quit. jesus.

Edit: also KK had to take KB's trash bags because 2 wasn't enough.

Thanks so much for your summaries.

Was wondering if KK said where she got all the rags. From memory of earlier tweets it sounded to me that she first claimed she parked a little ways away and walked to KB's door with very little in her arms. Something about carrying bleach and a couple other things.

But then she goes on to claim that she used lots of rags and ended up with 6 bags of trash that she had to get rid of.

She did say she pulled the car around to pickup the trash bags and leave. Just wondering where she got all the rags to clean with if she didnt carry them from the car that was parked aways away. Sounded to me that she used tons of rags. Maybe she used some clothing she found in the condo as rags.

I think that’s the obvious implication. Kelsey must have fallen, and he kept delivering blows with the bat.

PF must have missed a few times.

He never had any intention of killing her with the the first hit. For reasons we will never know. He hated her and the plan was to make her suffer as much as possible. I believe those were her last words. And i believe he hit her numerous times after that before she was dead. There are a 1000 painless ways he could have killed her. His plan was to inflict as much pain as possible
That's not nearly "as much pain as possible. imo. And how do you know, what you claim you do? I would think he wanted to do the dirty deed and get his kid out of there, as quickly as possible.

NOV 6, 2019
Patrick Frazee trial: 'Please stop,' Kelsey Berreth pleaded as she was beaten to death, says witness
“Please stop.”

“He just said he swung away, and that it was really hard," Lee said. Frazee added that using the bat wasn't humane. And that in the future, he'd stick to normal weapons … the old fashioned way.”

Haunting- poor Kelsey desperately pleading with him to stop. What a God awful way to leave this world, with the man you loved killing you. So she wasn't knocked out with the first swing, damn it. That rat jerk.

After he killed her, he decided it wasn't humane, killing her with the bat. In the future, he'd stick to normal weapons- implying he would do it again? The old fashioned way? Was that a threat to Krystal?

Why the heck didn't she call the police!

I think that’s the obvious implication. Kelsey must have fallen, and he kept delivering blows with the bat.

PF must have missed a few times.
But why so much behind the cushions?

While back someone had said that she probably tried to get away from him and I said no no no one blow and she would be done.
Oh dear God it looks like she tried to get away from him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500