CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #60

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Timeline - Part 1
Timeline - Part 2
Timeline - Part 3

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17

Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39
Thread #40
Thread #41
Thread #42
Thread #43
Thread #44
Thread #45
Thread #46

Thread #47
Thread #48
Thread #49
Thread #50
Thread #51

Thread #52
Thread #53
Thread #54
Thread #55
Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58
Thread #59

What we know about Kelsey:
7765216-6525203-image-a-19_1545592130266-jpg.161405

29 years old
5'3 and 110 lbs

Employment:

Flight instructor with a Commercial Pilot's License
Worked at a coffee shop in Florissant for a few months
Worked as a Flight Instructor at Springs Aviation in Peyton, CO in 2016
Currently works for Doss Aviation as a flight instructor in Pueblo, CO (abt 70 miles from Woodland Park)

Education:
KB spent most of her childhood attending Crestview School in Moses Lake, WA
Crestview School is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist Church which held a vigil for Kelsey
Trained as a pilot at Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake, WA

Address and location history:
Born in Grant County, Washington
Raised in Warden, Washington
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID at some point
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Had a PO Box address in Florissant, CO
Lived in another townhouse unit in her subdivision before buying her current home
Current address: 269 E Lake Ave, Woodland Park, CO
--Home purchased by KB in May 2018
--2 bedroom, 1 bath Duplex/Townhouse

Info on KB's Personality and Interests
“She’s not the kind that runs off. This is completely out of character…Kelsey is reliable, considerate and honest,” -KB's Mom

"She's such a good person, a loving person,""She's grounded and responsible. She has a one year old child, she wouldn't just leave her." -KB's Cousin

'When you're around Kelsey, I think you just feel like a better person, being around Kelsey makes me smile, it makes me smile just to think about her, she's just a good person.' -KB's cousin

"a little reserved and sometimes soft-spoken" -A former boss

'I don't think she left willingly. Kelsey's so reliable and responsible, she's a mom, she would never leave her child. She was very excited [to be a mom], and she was a great mom.' --KB's Cousin

Relatives have described Kelsey as a sweet, quiet woman who radiates a warm energy.

“When you see her, you want to give her a great big hug and squeeze her cheeks. You can feel the energy coming from her. She’s kind, compassionate and honest,” -KB's BIL

“She was like the sister I never had.” -KB's BIL

Kelsey takes a while to warm up to people, but that her relationships are meaningful; Kelsey focused on the quality of her friendships instead of quantity -KB's BIL

KB enjoyed paddle boarding, canoeing and bike riding -KB's BIL

KB is a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors. -KB's Cousin

KB loves hiking, running and bicycling.

“She looks like such an angel, and I think that she is,” “She’s the kind of person where you feel better when you’re around her.” -KB's Cousin

“She’s an awesome person. She’s so kind… You can tell she’s a very kind-hearted person,” -a neighbor

Family info from MSM:
KB's parents are retired hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho
KB's brother and brother-in-law live in Tacoma, WA
KB's Uncle lives in Moses Lake, WA
KB and her mom talked often; they were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
KB's mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes; It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey
“She and her brother spoke multiple times a week, as well as her mom.” -KB's BIL
"They're a very close-knit family" -KB's Cousin

What we know about Patrick Frazee:
7765226-6525203-image-m-18_1545592124637.jpg

32 Years Old
6'3 and 205 lbs

Education:
Went to Woodland Park High School
PF Jail Record lists "some college"

Employment:
Farrier
Cattle Rancher
Breeds cow herding dogs
Rodeo competitor

Address and location history:

PF was born in Colorado Springs and raised in Teller County
Currently lives with his mother at 1713 Wildhorn Rd Forissant, CO
--property searched by LE and owned by his mother
--35-acre ranch has a one-and-a-half story home and a 1,300 sq ft barn

Family info from MSM:
PF's parents are divorced
PF's mother is a registered nurse
In addition to the property searched, PF's mother owns 2 other properties in the area
PF has 3 siblings
PF's brother SF works for the Colorado Springs Police Department
A cousin has worked for the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
An uncle FF is a retired Kiowa County sheriff

Info from people who know PF:
“He worked on my horses for a real short time till he punched one in the gut with a rasp and that was about the last time I let him work on my horses,” -MG

'It's a characteristic that was ongoing for years. Anytime he was at a rope and his horse didn't act right, he'd rip on his face, kick him. In the community, we were all at ropings and stuff, but if the horse doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do you don't just beat them.' -MG

'One time we were at a rodeo in Cripple Creek and he got mad because his horse didn't do good and somebody didn't heel just right to help him get in the money and he got so mad he left out of Cripple Creek Rodeo, flipped his horse trailer with his horse in it and almost killed that horse.
'He got mad, tries to get his vehicle out of there and there's too many cars tightly packed in. Lots of people were there. -MG

'He was in a rage of being mad and angry, because the heeler didn't heel and they lost out the money. It was kind of a sad deal, especially trying to get the horse out that was traumatic for everybody.' -MG

A former girlfriend of PF declined to speak to the press but her partner commented saying that he knew Frazee to be aggressive with horses and dogs but that he did not beat his girlfriends.
“He cheated on her while she was in the hospital, take that for what it’s worth,” the man said of his current partner’s former relationship with Frazee

'Patrick is a horseshoer, I heard once he was thumping on the horse "saying this is how you've got to do it," that horse reared up and kicked him right in the forehead, he got a bunch of stitches and his [then] girlfriend hauled him to the hospital to get stitches.' -High School Classmate of PF

'Oh yeah, he's a recluse for sure. I haven't seen him in 10 years or so.' -High School Classmate of PF

A neighbor heard 'mixed things' about Frazee's alleged rough behavior with animals.
He was quiet and shy. He had his own friends circle and stayed close to his friends,' he said.
'He did come across, "I'm a big tough cowboy." But that's that cowboy way, got be strong.
'That's how he was raised, he raised horses. I think if you're raised country that's normal, if you're raised city it's going to seem harsh. It's not wrong in his eyes. Sometimes there's neglect and over abuse yes, he'd tread the fine line on it I'd say. You've got make a horse submit to what you want to do. You've got to be kind of firm. You shouldn't hit them.' --Former Neighbor HF

Two friends of Patrick defended him and rejected any suggestion he was cruel towards animals:

'He's an old fashioned cowboy. He's just old school, he does things the old way. He shoes horses modern, but he trains horses the way people used to do it, I wouldn't say that he's cruel or not. He's a stand up real good guy. I've just known him for years and he's a great person.'
The friend said he had not met Frazee's fiancée but added: 'I know the day I saw him he was a great dad to the daughter and he's a good guy. He was fine. --Man who saw PF shoe horses in Sept.

'I know him, when we had horses he used to trim our horses hooves. He was a very nice young man, I knew him all growing up, we used to go to the Gymkhana and the rodeos when he was younger. I've known him since 2003 and I never saw him do anything inappropriate or out of order.' -DR, runs the propane store

"I've always considered him to be a gentle soul. Soft spoken and just really down to Earth and practical." “couldn’t imagine him doing anything that would harm anyone.” -Friend, SO

Relationship info reported by others:

KB and PF met online according to her cousin
PF helped KB move from WA to CO only months after they met
KB told her cousin she was happy when she moved to be near PF
KB often talked about her boyfriend (PF) at her aviation job in 2016
Baby K was born Oct 2017
They were engaged but did not have a wedding date set
They have never lived together -- KB's mom

"The relationship has been good, um, they're loving, um it hasn't been ideal, you know given given the economy and things, you know, they had plans that haven't worked out as they would have liked but they've dealt with that and they've made things work regardless." --KB's mom

"I mean they had plans, you know, they were planning to find a place for them to live and so forth and the economy with prices dropping out...Kelsey's fiance has some cattle and stuff and prices were poor and so the money just wasn't available as soon as they had hoped, but they make it work."-- KB's mom

There were no records of any domestic issues between the couple --Woodland Police Chief Miles De Young

“Like most relationships it has ups and downs but for the most part it's a good relationship,” -Frazee’s lawyer

KB's parents were skeptical of Frazee from the start, describing him as an "odd duck" --close friend of the family from church

Misc Info
KB owned two vehicles-- a red truck and a car used for commuting to work
PF also owns a red truck
Neighbor AG gave KB a baby gate the week before Thanksgiving
AG had always assumed Frazee lived there with Kelsey and the baby as she would see him come and go in his red work truck.
AG never heard any arguing
An employee at Starbucks said Kelsey would pull in to the drive-thru about once a week to get a chai latte

Sources:
Search expands for Colorado mom, 29, last seen on Thanksgiving
Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month
Fiance of missing mom Kelsey Berreth ‘punched a horse in the gut,’ cheated on his ex while she was in the hospital, sources claim: Report
Mother of missing Colorado mom speaks out on daughter's disappearance
Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé
Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom
Fiance of missing Kelsey Berreth voluntarily releases cell phone, DNA sample to law enforcement
Fiancee of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth is arrested and charged with murder | Daily Mail Online
Patrick Frazee: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Kelsey Berreth's Fiance Is a 'Gentle Soul' Who Would Never Hurt Anyone, Friend Says
Neighbor of missing mom Kelsey Berreth says she saw red pickup truck, possibly fiance Patrick Frazee’s, at her home the day she went missing
Cops process evidence found in Kelsey Berreth's murder investigation now in Idaho | Daily Mail Online
Members of Sandpoint church continue prayers for Kelsey Berreth
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month

Wednesday, November 6th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/31/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 2 counts 1st degree murder (to align with the prosecution’s theories on how he did it), 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery) and charged (4/5/19) with 2 counts of crime of violence (sentence enhancer). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on Monday, 10/28 with jury selection, trial started on 11/1. Trial is expected to last 3 weeks (thru 11/18/19). Jurors: 7 women & 5 men; alternates: 2 women & 2 men.
Week 1, Oct. 28 - Nov. 1 reference post #1001 here:
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

See Post #411 at: Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59 and #465 & #472 on page 24 and #702 on page 36 - for further testimony of State witnesses on 11/4 Day 2 of trial.
11/4/19 Day 2: State witnesses: Cheryl Berreth (Kelsey's mother). Clint Berreth (Kelsey’s bro). Neighbor, Angela Gerber (who gave Kelsey the babygate/shared wall of apt). Safeway Fraud Analyst (no name-had surveillance video, that captured Kelsey & her daughter walking into the Safeway Grocery Store in Woodland Park on November 22 was played). Raymond Siebring (Supervisor at Doss Aviation). Woodland Park LE Corporal Dena Currin (played her body camera-recorded phone call with Frazee from 12/2/18). Woodland Park LE (no name-Jury hears Frazee’s Dec. 3, 2018; statement to police about Kelsey’s disappearance). Woodland Park Police Sgt. Andrew Leibbrand. (enters KB’s apt with LE Currin on 12/3). Credit union manager Patricia Key (Ent Credit Union-re: “very strange interaction” with Frazee on Dec. 5. PF stopped in at Ent Credit Union asking to see surveillance from Nov. 22 & any transactions from Kelsey thru Nov. 22). Teller County Sheriff’s deputy Chris Paulsen (works on an FBI task force: 12/4/18 interview @ 5 Guys w/PF & takes his phone). David Felis (employee who works for the Woodland Park Verizon store; interactions with PF on 12/11/18). Leslie Jackson (next door neighbor whose fence is next to KB's door. One of Jackson's three cameras caught Frazee coming & going out of Kelsey's condo). Chad Mininger (investigator with the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office who is the forensic digital expert; re neighbor’s surveillance camera). Trial continues on 11/5.
11/5/19 Day 3: State witnesses: Chad Mininger (investigator with 4th Judicial District Attorney’s office-forensic digital expert; re neighbor’s surveillance camera). WPPD Corporal Beth Huber. Colorado Springs police officer Sean Frazee (Patrick’s bro). DA investigator Stephanie Courtney (digital evidence expert). Jurors shown Surveillance video footage of Frazee at 4 different locations. Jason Memmer (a sales & delivery employee at Williams Furniture in Woodland Park, also in charge of cameras). Special Agent Charles DeFrance (Denver’s FBI Evidence Response Team). Special Agent Stephanie Benitez (Denver’s FBI office, specializing in civil rights & corruption cases, photographer). former Wooldand Park Police Department Commander Chris Adams. Gregg Slater (CBI field agent). Trial continues on 11/6.
See Post #1119 at Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59 for further testimony of State witnesses on 11/5 Day 2 of trial.
*Child: Review hearing on 12/5/19.

*Krystal Jean “Lee” Kenney – Plea deal-plead guilty to 1 count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Will testify at Frazee’s trial. Review hearing on 12/2.

The word wasn't out of PF's mouth, it was testimony by his brother. Did the brother say he thought it was a lie? If he did, I missed it. It is difficult following a trial that is only via tweet.

Please link it. Thanks.

JMO
Can you help me out here: why in the world would PF's brother be testifying about baby K's health insurance?

I recall the discussion being the allegation by PF that baby K's health insurance was being terminated, and he received a notification call from Doss.

I understood this was something that came up during the preliminary hearing (@PommyMommy linked this earlier). And I know that Sean F did not testify at the preliminary hearing.

:eek::confused:??

Also, my husband carries our insurance through his job. They won't even speak to me about his insurance benefits, and we are legally married, and I am a beneficiary.

The insurance company and the employer will only speak to the primary person on the account, if there are important changes etc. So I find it hard to believe they would call PF about her insurance benefits.

I believe they would call and/or email her, not him. JMO

Another thing that's weird, is that insurance from job benefits usually expand for 6 months or so, after one quits or is laid off.

It is hard for me to believe that the child's benefits would be cut off so quickly, after KB stopped working. They are usually accrued from the previous quarter.

So I am going to call BS on PF's story.
If Doss thought KB just took off, they may have been considering termination or were trying to determine if she still qualified as a full time employee to receive medical coverage. If there were a qualifying event where KB was no longer eligible for medical coverage through the company health plan, she and Baby K's coverage would end at that time or possibly extend until the end of the month.
If that were the case, the only way to temporarily extend coverage would be to enroll in COBRA during the election period.
But that information is sent to beneficiaries in the mail. I don't really understand the deal with the phone call.

Sounds right to me. I just read the characterization of it, but that would be the same thing.

We know the defense isn’t shy about going after prosecution witnesses, so them not asking is akin to saying “we don’t dispute that.”
In one set of notes that Pommy posted for us, the reporter said 'no cross at this time.' It surprised me. Unless it is a very fragile victim, like a surviving family member, the defense always crosses in some way, too try and lessen the impact.

In one set of notes that Pommy posted for us, the reporter said 'no cross at this time.' It surprised me. Unless it is a very fragile victim, like a surviving family member, the defense always crosses in some way, too try and lessen the impact.
Sometimes there’s just no angle to attack, and you help make the prosecution look stronger. I mean, if it’s clearly his vehicle and him driving, there’s not much you can do.

Has LE testified her blood was splattered all over her condo? Chemicals would have picked that up if so.

JMO
They haven't got there yet! In case you haven't noticed, the prosecution appears to be going in order of the events as they happened. That part will come soon, I assure you. What makes you think that the chemicals haven't picked up the blood splatter? You think they don't have proof of that and just made it up?

I'm really trying to understand where you are coming from, @MyBelle. I am not picking on you, just trying to understand why you're disregarding everything that has so far been proven as factual. He was at Kelsey's condo that day for several hours, with Kelsey and the baby. Kelsey was never seen alive by anyone after Thanksgiving, probably Safeway employees were the last people to see Kelsey alive, before Patrick murdered her.

No one else, from what we've seen, was in that condo- just Kelsey, Patrick, and their daughter. Only Patrick and the baby came out alive.

Where could Kelsey have gone, without her vehicle? They have phone records showing Patrick had both his phone and Kelsey's, and he was texting her boss, her mother, and God knows who else, pretending to be Kelsey. A lady at the bank and the Verizon store clerk both spoke of how Patrick's behavior was odd. The reason why he wanted the surveillance video from the bank, using some cockameemee excuse about a custody issue, to which she called her lawyers and then called LE to report it. He was asking the Verizon clerk suspicious questions about the phones and then telling him not to believe the things people are saying about him.

I just would like to understand where you are coming from here. Patrick is up for murder, no one else. Patrick's own behavior in the weeks after are suspicious. What do you think he was burning in his mother's front yard on the ranch?

They haven't got there yet! In case you haven't noticed, the prosecution appears to be going in order of the events as they happened. That part will come soon, I assure you. What makes you think that the chemicals haven't picked up the blood splatter? You think they don't have proof of that and just made it up?

I'm really trying to understand where you are coming from, @MyBelle. I am not picking on you, just trying to understand why you're disregarding everything that has so far been proven as factual. He was at Kelsey's condo that day for several hours, with Kelsey and the baby. Kelsey was never seen alive by anyone after Thanksgiving, probably Safeway employees were the last people to see Kelsey alive, before Patrick murdered her.

No one else, from what we've seen, was in that condo- just Kelsey, Patrick, and their daughter. Only Patrick and the baby came out alive.

Where could Kelsey have gone, without her vehicle? They have phone records showing Patrick had both his phone and Kelsey's, and he was texting her boss, her mother, and God knows who else, pretending to be Kelsey. A lady at the bank and the Verizon store clerk both spoke of how Patrick's behavior was odd. The reason why he wanted the surveillance video from the bank, using some cockameemee excuse about a custody issue, to which she called her lawyers and then called LE to report it. He was asking the Verizon clerk suspicious questions about the phones and then telling him not to believe the things people are saying about him.

I just would like to understand where you are coming from here. Patrick is up for murder, no one else. Patrick's own behavior in the weeks after are suspicious. What do you think he was burning in his mother's front yard on the ranch?

Well said, Steelslady.
Good word - cockamamie/meemee. (Sorry, my spellcheck keeps changing it but I like your version and it seems to fit the evening's discussion.)

“They haven’t gotten there yet.” That’s what’s so surprising to me at this stage.

Not that they haven’t gotten to that stuff, but just how incredibly strong the case already is.

Like those tv pitchmen, “But wait, there’s more!”

Each day we focus on one or two new things we’ve learned, and each day someone has said something to the effect of “he’s toast.”

Just wait for the cell phone data.

Just wait for the forensic results.

Just wait for KK.

There’s more. Lots of it.

Can you help me out here: why in the world would PF's brother be testifying about baby K's health insurance?

I recall the discussion being the allegation by PF that baby K's health insurance was being terminated, and he received a notification call from Doss.

I understood this was something that came up during the preliminary hearing (@PommyMommy linked this earlier). And I know that Sean F did not testify at the preliminary hearing.

:eek::confused:??
BBM. Because SF was asked the question by the prosecutor at the trial. Well documented that Sean Frazee testified at trial.

During that call, Patrick also said he’d received a call from Doss Aviation about canceling Kaylee’s health insurance because Berreth hadn’t been working enough.

Frazee trial: Defense questions timeline of surveillance photos

JMO

I doubt you are trying to understand where I'm coming from. Patrick may be charged with murder but the charge doesn't make him guilty. I respect our system of justice.

I merely pointed out that the prosecution has yet to point out to the jury how much blood evidence was detected by chemicals at the residence of KB. I don't know that PF burned anything in his mother's front yard on the date in question nor do I know his mother witnessed it. I do know KK lied to federal agents and has an agenda for keeping herself out of prison.

JMO

BBM. Because SF was asked the question by the prosecutor at the trial. Well documented that Sean Frazee testified at trial.

During that call, Patrick also said he’d received a call from Doss Aviation about canceling Kaylee’s health insurance because Berreth hadn’t been working enough.

JMO

Thanks much! I missed this part of SP2's testimony.

It seems this was all part of a conversation between PF and SF2 on Dec 3 that reflected on PF's dire financial condition, and more added to his plate -- having to provide health coverage for his daughter now that KB was allegedly missing and no longer clocking in enough hours at Doss for health insurance coverage.

Nov 5, 2019

On Tuesday, Mininger continued walking the court through his surveillance findings from the days around Berreth’s alleged murder.

He experimented with how well the neighbor’s cameras worked with several tests. While some of the cameras caught his movement immediately, others had a delay. The camera is 16 feet from Berreth’s front door. bbm

When he looked at downloaded surveillance footage between Oct. 30 and Nov. 21, 2018, he spotted Frazee one time on Oct. 30 at 4:36 p.m. It was the only photo he found of Frazee in that time, he said. There were no downloaded images of Berreth or Frazee between Nov. 23 and Dec. 2, he said.

@GordionKnot - I'm tardy getting this posted for you, but Sam was not delayed responding: As to whether or not the State exercised any peremptory challenges seating the jury, both State and Defense did.

Yes there were. State had 7. Defense had 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member