CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Berreth's mother called police for a welfare check on November 25, but she wasn't there.

But the fiance saw her on the 25th. Why didn't Berreth's mother call the fiance? She hadn't talked to her since the 22nd that is only 3 days. Why call for a welfare check in 3 days from last contact? (i understand some families are in constant contact) Officially reported missing dec 2nd by her mother.

Also, Mom may have called the fiance. We don't know for sure.

I have wondered if she has a military background or not. While her friends list is private, you can find people connected to her by going through her likes, her family, etc. and there are several pilots and people in the military or former military including people in places like Okinawa and Guam.

If you go to the FAA Airman Inquiry page you can search by last name. So, it is possible to sleuth relatives who are also pilots and/or instructors. But remember that you can't share results of that sleuthing here.

FAA Registry - Airmen - AirmenInquiry - Name Search

Kelsey is listed there as a commercial pilot and a flight instructor:

Personal Information

KELSEY MARIE BERRETH

PO BOX 811
FLORISSANT CO 80816-0811
County: TELLER
Medical Information:
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 12/2016
BasicMed Course Date: None BasicMed CMEC Date: None
Certificates
COMMERCIAL PILOT

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR

Certificates Description

Certificate: COMMERCIAL PILOT
Date of Issue: 9/22/2015

Ratings:
COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

Woodland Park residence bought 5/14/18.

Perhaps she moved to Woodland Park to be closer to work? How long has she worked at Doss?

What is the commute like from Woodland Park to Colorado Springs?

Hey Everyone,

If someone is posting as if they have inside information it is OK if you post the link to the verification process.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Also, if it looks like a thread is getting out of hand there are a good number of people who have my cell number. You can text or call anytime if you feel a thread need immediate attention. That's what happened a few hours ago and I really appreciate the member how sent me the text.
Thank you one and all.
The thread is open for posting

I am on the fence in this case. Stuck on the fence, with several possible scenarios looming....

Possible scenarios:

1. KB got upset, or fed up, and voluntarily left home, to sort things out.

[a] she is off grid for now but is OK

OR she ran into the wrong people and things went bad

[c] she ended her own life

2. Someone close to her , made her 'disappear '

3. A random predator made her disappear in an opportunity attack

I am still leaning towards number 2, but 1 is also possible

Police Release Video of the Last Time Missing Colorado Mom Was Seen Before She Disappeared

In the clip, Berreth, a 29-year-old pilot instructor, can be seen walking into a Safeway on Nov. 22 in Woodland Park with her baby daughter.

In one shot, the young mother, whose hair is pulled back into a bun, is holding her daughter’s car seat and in the next she can be seen pushing a shopping cart.

Although Berreth’s whereabouts haven’t been accounted for since Thanksgiving Day, she wasn’t reported missing until nearly two weeks later.

Three days after Berreth apparently vanished her mobile phone pinged on a cell tower near Gooding, Idaho, nearly 600 miles from her home in Woodland Park, Colorado, police said at a news conference Monday.

Vigil to be held for missing mom Kelsey Berreth Thursday

Two women who never met Kelsey Berreth now plan to hold a vigil for her safe return.

Amber Overton and Vanessa Nichols say they knew they had to do something for Berreth whose family members live hundreds of miles away.

missing.jpg

Kelsey Berreth

“It’s just devastating being so close to home,” Overton said. The vigil will be held at Memorial Park in Woodland Park at 6 p.m. Thursday evening. City officials have asked those attending to gather at the park's flagpole.
Vigil to be held for missing mom Kelsey Berreth Thursday

I am finally catching up on this case and just wanted to address something from the previous thread...someone made a comment about how innocent people don't need attorneys. I won't offer speculation against anyone that's against TOS, but re: the attorney bit, there's no way I'd talk to the police without an attorney if something like this was near me. Whether I was guilty or not, those close to the victim are always under suspicion and I've seen way too many true crime shows to attempt questioning without legal advice. I don't care if lawyering up made me look guilty or not. I'd do pressers, coordinate searches, and talk to anyone who wanted to question me-but if LE was present, my attorney would be as well.

With that said, I believe that someone close to her has a lot of answers that are currently sought. And, unfortunately, I don't believe she's alive.

I was under the impression she shopped for cinnamon roll ingredients but maybe she already baked the rolls before she went to store. Complete mystery ....

I am not a baker so I have no idea how long it takes to make cinnamon rolls from scratch but I read another post describe the process which can be legnghty. Quick google search is anywhere from 1 to 3 1/2 hours. If she got the ingredients early afternoon when she was spotted I would assume making and baking them would’ve taken most of the afternoon after getting home, unpacking etc. It would be interesting to know what she purchased for that reason.

Just trying to establish time frame....

Hey friends,

I have a couple thoughts related to this.

I only choose to follow a few cases on Websleuthers, so that I have the time to read every single post from start to finish.

But I understand that not everyone has the time to do this. Some pop in here and there and don’t see the whole conversations as it’s evolving—which discrepancies are already solved, or which data has been verified, for example.

It would help if we could be gracious to people who just pop in, even if they have old or bad information. For example, we could point them to the post where this information is resolved.:)

I also think, if you are just popping in and haven’t been following the entire case, it might make sense not to argue your point until you’ve caught up and can be sure you’re not making the whole group go in unneeded circles.

That said, there’s some misinformation in the media right now. And to be honest, that happens in more cases than we wish.

Some news outlets, for example, originally reported that Kelsey’s mom said she loved her “dog.” But since then, we have watched the police presser and seen it clarified that she said “God.” This is also confirmed by her pastor’s impression of her, her social media posts which talk about God and do not mention a dog, and her mother’s interview with KOAA 5 in which she again says “God.”

The police themselves have confirmed both in their timeline and in the presser that Kelsey’s mom called them on Dec. 2 and that when they then contacted the phone company, they discovered the phone last pinged from Gooding on Nov.25.

The baby is currently being taken care of by the baby’s father and paternal grandmother. It has been reported the baby was exchanged at Safeway, that the mom dropped the baby off, and that the fiancé/dad picked the baby up. The police have only said the dad “reported” that he picked the baby up on the afternoon of Thanksgiving. They haven’t offered a location.

The fiancé turned over his cell phone (obviously police would ask for the cell she texted him from) and gave them a DNA swab. Although there have been rumors he refused to allow his property to be searched, no 1 has actually said that—not the media or the police. All the police have said is, when asked if they will search, they said something like “we’ll have to look at that.”

There’s been some funny banter about dogs and cinnamon rolls which provides a nice breather, but over time, I felt like the comments started to take over the thread and distract from the real purpose of exploring where Kelsey might be. I hope we can rally around that purpose today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members