CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17

Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39
Thread #40

Thread #41

Last edited by a moderator:
What we know about Kelsey:
7765216-6525203-image-a-19_1545592130266-jpg.161405

29 years old
5'3 and 110 lbs

Employment:

Flight instructor with a Commercial Pilot's License
Worked at a coffee shop in Florissant for a few months
Worked as a Flight Instructor at Springs Aviation in Peyton, CO in 2016
Currently works for Doss Aviation as a flight instructor in Pueblo, CO (abt 70 miles from Woodland Park)

Education:
KB spent most of her childhood attending Crestview School in Moses Lake, WA
Crestview School is tied to the local Seventh Day Adventist Church which held a vigil for Kelsey
Trained as a pilot at Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake, WA

Address and location history:
Born in Grant County, Washington
Raised in Warden, Washington
Kelsey moved to Sandpoint, ID at some point
Moved to Woodland Park, CO in 2016
Had a PO Box address in Florissant, CO
Lived in another townhouse unit in her subdivision before buying her current home
Current address: 269 E Lake Ave, Woodland Park, CO
--Home purchased by KB in May 2018
--2 bedroom, 1 bath Duplex/Townhouse

Info on KB's Personality and Interests
“She’s not the kind that runs off. This is completely out of character…Kelsey is reliable, considerate and honest,” -KB's Mom

"She's such a good person, a loving person,""She's grounded and responsible. She has a one year old child, she wouldn't just leave her." -KB's Cousin

'When you're around Kelsey, I think you just feel like a better person, being around Kelsey makes me smile, it makes me smile just to think about her, she's just a good person.' -KB's cousin

"a little reserved and sometimes soft-spoken" -A former boss

'I don't think she left willingly. Kelsey's so reliable and responsible, she's a mom, she would never leave her child. She was very excited [to be a mom], and she was a great mom.' --KB's Cousin

Relatives have described Kelsey as a sweet, quiet woman who radiates a warm energy.

“When you see her, you want to give her a great big hug and squeeze her cheeks. You can feel the energy coming from her. She’s kind, compassionate and honest,” -KB's BIL

“She was like the sister I never had.” -KB's BIL

Kelsey takes a while to warm up to people, but that her relationships are meaningful; Kelsey focused on the quality of her friendships instead of quantity -KB's BIL

KB enjoyed paddle boarding, canoeing and bike riding -KB's BIL

KB is a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors. -KB's Cousin

KB loves hiking, running and bicycling.

“She looks like such an angel, and I think that she is,” “She’s the kind of person where you feel better when you’re around her.” -KB's Cousin

“She’s an awesome person. She’s so kind… You can tell she’s a very kind-hearted person,” -a neighbor

Family info from MSM:
KB's parents are retired hay farmers and lived north of Warden until a few years ago when they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho
KB's brother and brother-in-law live in Tacoma, WA
KB's Uncle lives in Moses Lake, WA
KB and her mom talked often; they were attached at the hips since she was little and they were best friends
KB's mom knew her schedule and when to call her/when not to call because she was teaching classes; It was weird when she had not heard from Kelsey
“She and her brother spoke multiple times a week, as well as her mom.” -KB's BIL
"They're a very close-knit family" -KB's Cousin

What we know about Patrick Frazee:
7765226-6525203-image-m-18_1545592124637.jpg

32 Years Old
6'3 and 205 lbs

Education:
Went to Woodland Park High School
PF Jail Record lists "some college"

Employment:
Farrier
Cattle Rancher
Breeds cow herding dogs
Rodeo competitor

Address and location history:

PF was born in Colorado Springs and raised in Teller County
Currently lives with his mother at 1713 Wildhorn Rd Forissant, CO
--property searched by LE and owned by his mother
--35-acre ranch has a one-and-a-half story home and a 1,300 sq ft barn

Family info from MSM:
PF's parents are divorced
PF's mother is a registered nurse
In addition to the property searched, PF's mother owns 2 other properties in the area
PF has 3 siblings
PF's brother SF works for the Colorado Springs Police Department
A cousin has worked for the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
An uncle FF is a retired Kiowa County sheriff

Info from people who know PF:
“He worked on my horses for a real short time till he punched one in the gut with a rasp and that was about the last time I let him work on my horses,” -MG

'It's a characteristic that was ongoing for years. Anytime he was at a rope and his horse didn't act right, he'd rip on his face, kick him. In the community, we were all at ropings and stuff, but if the horse doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do you don't just beat them.' -MG

'One time we were at a rodeo in Cripple Creek and he got mad because his horse didn't do good and somebody didn't heel just right to help him get in the money and he got so mad he left out of Cripple Creek Rodeo, flipped his horse trailer with his horse in it and almost killed that horse.
'He got mad, tries to get his vehicle out of there and there's too many cars tightly packed in. Lots of people were there. -MG

'He was in a rage of being mad and angry, because the heeler didn't heel and they lost out the money. It was kind of a sad deal, especially trying to get the horse out that was traumatic for everybody.' -MG

A former girlfriend of PF declined to speak to the press but her partner commented saying that he knew Frazee to be aggressive with horses and dogs but that he did not beat his girlfriends.
“He cheated on her while she was in the hospital, take that for what it’s worth,” the man said of his current partner’s former relationship with Frazee

'Patrick is a horseshoer, I heard once he was thumping on the horse "saying this is how you've got to do it," that horse reared up and kicked him right in the forehead, he got a bunch of stitches and his [then] girlfriend hauled him to the hospital to get stitches.' -High School Classmate of PF

'Oh yeah, he's a recluse for sure. I haven't seen him in 10 years or so.' -High School Classmate of PF

A neighbor heard 'mixed things' about Frazee's alleged rough behavior with animals.
He was quiet and shy. He had his own friends circle and stayed close to his friends,' he said.
'He did come across, "I'm a big tough cowboy." But that's that cowboy way, got be strong.
'That's how he was raised, he raised horses. I think if you're raised country that's normal, if you're raised city it's going to seem harsh. It's not wrong in his eyes. Sometimes there's neglect and over abuse yes, he'd tread the fine line on it I'd say. You've got make a horse submit to what you want to do. You've got to be kind of firm. You shouldn't hit them.' --Former Neighbor HF

Two friends of Patrick defended him and rejected any suggestion he was cruel towards animals:

'He's an old fashioned cowboy. He's just old school, he does things the old way. He shoes horses modern, but he trains horses the way people used to do it, I wouldn't say that he's cruel or not. He's a stand up real good guy. I've just known him for years and he's a great person.'
The friend said he had not met Frazee's fiancée but added: 'I know the day I saw him he was a great dad to the daughter and he's a good guy. He was fine. --Man who saw PF shoe horses in Sept.

'I know him, when we had horses he used to trim our horses hooves. He was a very nice young man, I knew him all growing up, we used to go to the Gymkhana and the rodeos when he was younger. I've known him since 2003 and I never saw him do anything inappropriate or out of order.' -DR, runs the propane store

"I've always considered him to be a gentle soul. Soft spoken and just really down to Earth and practical." “couldn’t imagine him doing anything that would harm anyone.” -Friend, SO

Relationship info reported by others:

KB and PF met online according to her cousin
PF helped KB move from WA to CO only months after they met
KB told her cousin she was happy when she moved to be near PF
KB often talked about her boyfriend (PF) at her aviation job in 2016
Baby K was born Oct 2017
They were engaged but did not have a wedding date set
They have never lived together -- KB's mom

"The relationship has been good, um, they're loving, um it hasn't been ideal, you know given given the economy and things, you know, they had plans that haven't worked out as they would have liked but they've dealt with that and they've made things work regardless." --KB's mom

"I mean they had plans, you know, they were planning to find a place for them to live and so forth and the economy with prices dropping out...Kelsey's fiance has some cattle and stuff and prices were poor and so the money just wasn't available as soon as they had hoped, but they make it work."-- KB's mom

There were no records of any domestic issues between the couple --Woodland Police Chief Miles De Young

“Like most relationships it has ups and downs but for the most part it's a good relationship,” -Frazee’s lawyer

KB's parents were skeptical of Frazee from the start, describing him as an "odd duck" --close friend of the family from church

Misc Info
KB owned two vehicles-- a red truck and a car used for commuting to work
PF also owns a red truck
Neighbor AG gave KB a baby gate the week before Thanksgiving
AG had always assumed Frazee lived there with Kelsey and the baby as she would see him come and go in his red work truck.
AG never heard any arguing
An employee at Starbucks said Kelsey would pull in to the drive-thru about once a week to get a chai latte

Sources:
Search expands for Colorado mom, 29, last seen on Thanksgiving
Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month
Fiance of missing mom Kelsey Berreth ‘punched a horse in the gut,’ cheated on his ex while she was in the hospital, sources claim: Report
Mother of missing Colorado mom speaks out on daughter's disappearance
Mother of Kelsey Berreth asked about relationship between and her daughter and her fiancé
Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom
Fiance of missing Kelsey Berreth voluntarily releases cell phone, DNA sample to law enforcement
Fiancee of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth is arrested and charged with murder | Daily Mail Online
Patrick Frazee: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Kelsey Berreth's Fiance Is a 'Gentle Soul' Who Would Never Hurt Anyone, Friend Says
Neighbor of missing mom Kelsey Berreth says she saw red pickup truck, possibly fiance Patrick Frazee’s, at her home the day she went missing
Cops process evidence found in Kelsey Berreth's murder investigation now in Idaho | Daily Mail Online
Members of Sandpoint church continue prayers for Kelsey Berreth
Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for month

I updated our timeline with the notes I took yesterday. Please let me know of anything that should be added, removed or changed.

Since the Timeline is over 45,000 characters I have to post the timeline in 2 separate posts.

TIMELINE: (2008- Dec. 10, 2018)
(updated February 20, 2019)

• KK told FBI she and PF met each other at a dude ranch in 2006.

January 1, 2017 - Sunday
  • Around New Years Day 2017, PF took KB’s gun because the couple was arguing about finances and KB said “maybe I would be better off dead.” And pointed the gun to her head.

October 2017 (going by tweets - unsure if 2017 or 2018)
  • Slater says KK & PF reconnected in Oct. 2017 talking about a fundraiser.

March 2018
  • KK came out to Colorado in March 2018 and started a intimate relationship with PF at that time. KK says she didn’t know about KB or Baby K.

August 2018
  • KK told police she didn't know about KB and the Baby K until 5 months after they started seeing each other. (which would be around this time if going by March 2018)
  • KB admitted herself in an anxiety and depression clinic for 2 weeks. Slater said the clinic KB went to a center for anxiety and depression treatments. KB was there in August of 2018. The clinic is the Nedley Clinic in CA. It doesn’t address drug/alcohol issues. The clinic told CB that KB didn’t check in there in November.

September 23, 2018 - Sunday
  • KK had a beer with her aunt Kristi before going to KB’s home.
  • KK went to the Starbucks at Walmart and drove over to KB’s townhome with KK’s aunt (Kristi) still in the car. KK told Slater she didn’t put anything in the coffee.
  • Slater: KK parked in the alley. Kristi stayed in the car & couldn’t see where KK went. KK knocked on the door. KB opened the door slightly. KK lied about her identity, said she was a neighbor & wanted to thank her for helping find her dogs. KK gave KB coffee which KB accepted. KK then tried to build a relationship with KB. At PF’s direction, KK suggested a play date in the future. KK gave KB a number for a burner phone she bought, again at PF’s direction.
  • KK told Slater she didn’t drug the coffee because “she didn’t want to hurt her.” KK communicated with PF after this. She said he was angry.
  • PF sent KK an apology text later that day. PF told KK there would be another chance, and Slater confirmed that.

October 15, 2018 - Monday
  • KK arrived back in Colorado on Oct. 15 with plans to try to kill KB for a second time.
  • CBI agent says according to KK, when she arrived in CO she asked PF what she was supposed to do. PF told her she was smart and she would figure it out.
  • PF told KK he had a tool she could use. He instructed KK to use a metal rod to hit her in the back of the head.
  • She says PF gave her a metal pipe and told her to hit KB in the back of the head and throw her body in the trash
  • PF told KK "It's not that hard" when referring to hitting KB. Slater says KK was told by PF to hit KB in the back of the head, because there wouldn’t be a lot of blood.
  • Slater says KK did go to the parking lot of KB’s home and removed the pipe from her car but got frightened when she heard a dog bark. KK got in her car, drove to PF’s residence and left the rod at the gate of his home.
  • Slater says he believes KK left the pipe at the PF residence on Oct. 15. SF found the pipe and asked PF why it was there. KK told PF she just couldn’t do it. She was scared, per Slater.

October 23, 2018 - Tuesday
  • Slater says KK came back around a week after the Oct. 15 incident. She brought a bat from home, parked outside KB’s home & waited. KK realized she couldn’t do it, left the property and says she drove past KB to PF’s residence.
  • Slater says KK saw PF as being angry again. “If you can’t do it, I’m gonna have to,” Slater says (which he’s attributing to PF). Slater thought that was around Oct. 23.

November 3, 2018 - Saturday
  • KK was with family in Reno when PF called KK again with another “opportunity”. She told Slater she looked into airfare from Reno to CO, but decided she couldn’t do it.

November 18-21, 2018
  • Slater says he knew KB had dinner with a coworker the week of Thanksgiving. Didn’t say who.
November 21, 2018 - Wednesday
  • KB told CB she didn’t get home till about 4 a.m. on Nov. 22 after meeting with PF on Nov. 21 to check on cattle. CB thought PF’s cattle were located in Westcliffe, but she wasn’t sure
  • KB told CB that PF was suffering from a stomach ulcer on Nov 21. CB told agent Slater that KB dropped off PF, went to the WP Walmart to get medicine for PF the night of Nov. 21 and went back to Florissant to give him the medicine.
  • KK and PF spoke on the phone. KK says he asked her what KK was doing on Thanksgiving.

November 22, 2018 - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
  • KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
  • KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)
  • KK learned PF committed homicide
  • KB was last seen alive on Nov. 22.
  • CB says she talked to KB on the phone for about 5 minutes on Nov. 22. During CB and KB’s conversation KB had asked for a bread recipe because her and PF had plans to go out with Baby K for Thanksgiving dinner, but she wanted to a dip recipe from CB if something happened. Slater says, per CB, KB didn’t talk about relationship problems.
  • CB told Slater there was another conversation at 9:17 a.m. with Kelsey. Slater says that conversation was about Christmas plans. Nothing about visiting family in Washington state or Idaho though.
  • CB told Slater on the evening of Nov. 22, CB says she received texts from KB’s phone that she got her gun back & felt safe now with PF.
  • KB was last seen on the Safeway surveillance video about 12:27 p.m. KB’s purchased items for dip and flowers at Safeway. KB was next seen in her car on surveillance video from Williams Bros Furniture, at 12:37 approaching her townhome.
  • PF was seen on Walmart & Williams Furniture Store surveillance, and on Arlo camera by KB’s neighbor caught KB, baby K and PF at KB’s door at 1:34 p.m.
  • Adams: another surveillance video showing PF at KB’s residence at 3:36 p.m.
  • Slater said KK told him PF contacted her, and she knew that he had killed KB.
  • Courtroom testimony from CBI agent: KK says PF told her that he covered KB’s eyes with a sweater for a guessing game to guess candle scents. PF used a bat to assault KB, beating her and kill her.
  • Slater: KK says PF put KB in a black tote and set that on the ground near the green Toyota before putting it in the back of his truck & transporting her remains to Nash Ranch in Fremont County, CO. PF placed the black tote that KB’s body was in on top of haystacks in a barn at Nash Ranch.
  • During the crime, KK told Slater the couple’s 1-year-old daughter was in a room nearby, according to his testimony.
  • The murder, according to KK (through PF), happened in a back office/second bedroom.
  • According to testimony PF left the murder scene and then went to have Thanksgiving dinner with his family. Later, he allegedly returned to collect KB’s body and burned it.
  • PF went to Thanksgiving dinner with his family that same night, according to Slater’s testimony.
  • Slater says PF put KB’s body in black bag in truck — and drove to celebrate Thanksgiving with family.
  • Phone records show 12:30 both PF and KB’s phones show location at KB’s apartment. Both phones were traveling together later that day. Later that evening phone towers showed both phones together again
  • Then later that evening, Adams says the phones were together and pinged west of Cripple Creek. Adams says PF called KK and his mother SF on Nov. 22.
  • Agents found PF called his mother on Nov. 22 around 4:24 p.m. They determined his phone pinged off a tower near KBs townhome, heading west from there.
  • Adams wrote search warrants for both KB and PF’s phones to Verizon. He says there were a few phone calls between the phones on Nov. 22. Adams says cell tower data showed they were in the vicinity of KB’s townhome. Later that day, they pinged near Divide.
  • Phone records show KB’s phone and PF’s phone were together the entire day on Nov 22. Records show both phones move west, go off the grid, come back on at a later time. The phones are shown heading toward Cripple Creek. They go dark once again.
  • Slater says it’s his understanding that KB’s phone was in close proximity to PF’s phone. They were moving west from Woodland Park toward Divide, then later that night toward Florissant & Cripple Creek.
  • At 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number, also in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. He receive a return call from this number a few minutes later. It hit off the same tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Shortly after, he received a call from that same number. Slater says it pinged off a tower in Divide.
  • Referencing the Idaho number belonged to KK, state asks if PF contacting that number became important, knowing that was near the last ping of KB’s phone. Slater said yes, then they tried contacting her.
  • CBI agent testified that at 4:24 p.m. on Nov. 22 PF’s phone called his mother. At 4:37 p.m. it called KK. Cell towers show he was southwest of KB‘s home.
  • Adams says he also recovered video of PF at the drive through of Ent Credit Union. He says he couldn’t see the baby in the truck, but did see a baby carrier.
  • Two more exhibits from the state. First is a still of PF on the surveillance at the bank showing him. Second shows the back of his truck, with a black tote in it. He says they learned that tote played a big role in what happened to KB
  • Adams says he talked to PF’s brother, a Colorado Springs police officer as part of the investigation. Sean (unsure of spelling) says he saw PF on Nov. 22 & didn’t describe anything as suspicious that day. It doesn’t say exactly when PF arrived for Thanksgiving. Sean says he got there around 2:30 p.m., and that PF arrived a little later. He had baby K with him. Defense says PF’s brother would be aware of things out of the ordinary. since he is a CO Springs police officer. Prosecution says Sean and Patrick have estranged relationship.
  • KK spoke with PF at 4:30 p.m. PF texted KK asking for her to call him. PF eventually called KK, saying, she had to get to CO because she had a mess to clean up. KK interpreted that as KB was dead.
  • KK said she couldn’t come out right away, realizing what happened. Slater says PF said, “Just *advertiser censored**ing talk.” He made it clear to KK that she needed to bring things with her to “clean up”.
  • Slater says PF told KK,“You don’t know how hard it was to have Thanksgiving dinner after killing her. “

November 23, 2018 - Friday
  • Slater says KK exchanged her car with her friend Megan (unsure on spelling). It’s a Volkswagen Passat with expired plates. The exchange happened in Idaho. KK left around 6:30 p.m. that day.
  • KK brought gloves, a hair net, two trash bags, bleach, a white body suit (to keep things off her person) and booties (shoe covers). She brought those supplies from home, Slater says, because she recently moved into a new home and had them from painting her home. She said the hospital had the suit.
  • KK stopped in Greeley over night.
  • On KK’s way to CO PF told her there was a square that needed to be replaced and to look at an air duct vent that needed attention.
  • Commander Adams is now testifying about cell phone records. Told the court on Nov. 23, day after KB went missing. PF called KB’s phone in the morning and both phones pinged as being together at PF’s residence in Teller County.

November 24, 2018 - Saturday
  • KK arrived in WP around 7:30 a.m.
  • CB said on Nov. 24 that she “butt-dialed” KB but hung up quickly. She told Slater she got a text from KB’s phone saying she’d call her back. That’s the last known communication between the two. CB never received that phone call from her daughter.
  • Adams says he was able to confirm KK’s physical presence in Colorado on Nov. 24. He says, based on the interview, that she came in the morning. Surveillance from the Sonic in Woodland Park & the Coneco in Florissant showed her vehicle.
  • Adams says PF was seen on video at Conoco gas station with KK around 4:30 p.m. filling up his vehicle, then filling a 5 gallon gas can. That gas station is a little more than a mile from his residence
  • Adams says there were texts & phone calls between PF and KB’s phones. Again, cell tower data showed they were together near Florissant and Cripple Creek.
  • Phone records show PF called KK again.
  • Slater: PF gave KK KB’s phone and told her to drive to KB’s home, text CB and then go back to PF’s home.
  • When KK arrived, she went to PF’s home and picked up a set of keys for KB’s. She parked at the Woodland Park Community Center and walked to KB’s home.
  • KK described the scene as horrific. “There was blood everywhere,” she told Slater. Blood on east, south and west walls.
  • Going room by room. In the living room, PF told KK to grab a sweater, look for a tooth in a vent & clean up Baby K’s toys covered in blood.
  • KK collected a stuff animal, tin foil on top of cinnamon rolls, some of Baby K’s toys and some cookie cutters that PF told her to clean. She put those in trash bags, along with curtains, pillows & a Bible with blood on it, and discarded those items.
  • Slater says after KK collected the items, she put some towels in the washing machine. She ran out of trash bags & used 4 bags from inside KB’s home. She also found bloody baby wipes, suggesting PF tried to clean up, and discarded them. Slater says KK used some Oxiclean & Windex from inside KB’s home.
  • She wiped down windows, the television, tabletops, underneath chairs, the kitchen, the bathroom, the floors and stairs.
  • KK said there were bloody footprints all over the house including in KB’s bedroom. The footprints were big. Not likely they were KB’s. KK said it took about 3 to 4 hours to clean up the home.
  • PF had tried to clean up using baby wipes. KK ended up throwing those away. She also used bleach for the walls and the floor. She used some cleaning supplies that were KB’s all to clean up her blood.
  • KK says she left items for law enforcement to recover. She intentionally left blood splatter by the fireplace in the grout. There was blood to the right of the fireplace next to the switch ad on the baby gate. KK says she was hoping law enforcement would find that and come looking for her asap.
  • KK did find a tooth but threw it away. When she was done, she put the trash bags out front, got her car and then picked up the trash before going to Sonic.
  • PF wanted KK to take the remains to Idaho. KK refused. PF said, “we’re finishing this.” So, at PFs direction, KK texts CB from KB’s phone saying she’d call her tomorrow. SF had Baby K.
  • KK met PF at the Florissant Coneco Gas Station to go to the Nash property. KK says PF backed the truck up to a large red barn.
  • KK told cops she went back to Nash Ranch and helped PF retrieve KB’s body from the barn at Nash Ranch.
  • PF used a ladder to climb this large haystack to get the tote and a plastic bag containing KB’s gun. A tractor was used to bring the tote down from the top of the stack, Slater says.
  • With KB’s body in a Toyota Tacoma, they drive to PF’s property. There, he used gasoline and oil to burn the tote containing KB’s body, baseball bat and the trash bags from the crime scene.
  • PF collected wood and begin to start a fire and begin to burn that black tote. The remains of KB were allegedly placed. KK says she never saw KB inside the tote but when the fire began to burn she saw a lump.
  • Slater: KB’s body was burned while it was inside the tote. PF used gasoline and wood. Patrick used a faded red gas tank to pour gasoline on the black tote.
  • Slater: KK did see SF come out to the porch to see what was going on.
  • Slater: According to KK, PF “scooped up” KB’s remains. He planned to put them in the dump or toss them elsewhere.
  • Slater: PF and KK drove back to the townhome to get PF’s truck.
  • According to KK she took KB’s phone and kept it on and kept her phone on so that law enforcement could track it and find KK.
  • Slater: KK said she turned KB phone off and on to make it look like KB went away to “off herself”
  • Slater KK says PF wanted to make it look like KB just went off on her own. That’s also why KK took KB’s gun.
  • KK was instructed to text PF from KB’s phone saying, "Do you even love me anymore." She was also instructed to text Doss Aviation.
  • KK threw the KB’s townhome keys into a gorge in Gooding, Idaho and the burner phone was thrown out in Breckinridge.
  • KK to police she burned KB’s phone & a burner phone in her yard.
  • KK told police she burned KB’s phone and their burner phones at her house in Idaho and disposed of what was left at work.
  • KK gave the gun to her friend Mark Pierson She told him it was her aunt’s gun and she just wanted to get rid of it. Slater says they were able to track down Mark Pearson and get the gun. Pearson said he got it from KK. An ATF analysis revealed it is KB’s.

November 24 or 25, 2018 - Saturday or Sunday
  • Police believe KK destroyed evidence on this date

November 25, 2018 - Sunday
  • Text from KB’s phone to her employer
  • KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
  • PF received text from KB’s phone
  • Slater says, KB’s supervisor at Doss Aviation, Ron (no last name given) told CBI he got a text the evening of Nov. 25 that she wouldn’t be at work the next week as she was going out of town to visit her grandma. Slater says CB was unaware of any trip to Washington state, where her mom (KB’s grandma) lives. CB said that it was unusual to think KB would make that trip without communicating her intent. CB also indicated to Slater that it would be weird of Kelsey to leave without taking makeup, hair products, etc., because she was very conscious of her appearance
  • Adams says PF’s last contact with Kelsey was a text message from KB to PF that said, “do you even love me?” Adams says PF also indicated they spoke on the phone that day. PF says KB told him she was studying & would call him later.
  • Adams says he tracked KK’s phone movements once she was identified in the case. Early Nov. 25, it pinged off a tower near Grand Junction about a minute after KB’s did. Data indicated those phones were traveling together.
  • Adams says KB’s phone pinged off a tower near Grand Junction before hitting another near Salt Lake and a final ping near Gooding, Idaho

December 2, 2018 - Sunday
  • KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts
  • Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)

December. 3, 2018 - Monday
  • Commander Chris Adams with Woodland Park PD says he became involved in the investigation. During a morning briefing he learned WPPD took the missing persons case on Dec. 2. He says KB’s mother CB reported KB missing.
  • Adams says he forced entry on Dec. 3. He saw the Safeway receipt, but didn’t see any signs that this was a crime scene. No blood stains or sign of struggle. Not even signs of cleaning.
  • PF was contacted by Officer Beth Huber, though the phone call wasn’t recorded. Adams says PF told her he went to Kelsey’s home that day to exchange custody but she wasn’t there. He says he ran errands & then came back to exchange in the alley.
  • Slater says he learned of a conversation between PF & Doss Aviation’s HR director Jennifer Banks. That chat was procedure, based on KB’s disappearance. Banks told CBI her conversation with PF was on Dec. 3. PF told her KB dropped the baby off, said she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore. PF also reportedly told Banks that KB had drug & alcohol problems. Banks found that odd as no one she worked with pointed that out. Banks thought her fatigue derived from being a mom.

December 4, 2018 - Tuesday
  • Gregg Slater (CBI Agent) was brought in on Dec. 4 at the request of Woodland Park Police to assist in the missing person investigation.
  • Slater says his role was to help WPPD locate KB. He says he & Agent Kevin Torres responded on Dec. 4. He says law enforcement used Facebook, the media & other avenues to try and find KB.
  • Slater says they were unable to find credible info that KB was seen since Nov. 22. He says he went to KB’s home on the late evening of Dec. 4 after speaking with KB’s parents at WPPD.
  • Agent Slater says he went to KB’s home on December 4 after speaking with KB’s mother. He met up with the crime scene tech agent and a cadaver dog. Slater says the dog alerted on the driver’s rear bumper area of KB’s 2006 green Toyota Corolla. Didn’t hit anywhere else on those vehicles. It was parked in the space right in front of her door. Slater says there was no sign that the vehicles in front of Kelsey's townhouse had been moved. He recalls snow and ice on the driveway.
  • WPPD talked to PF, but was never formally interviewed after the initial phone conversation with police on Dec. 2.
  • Adams went back with CBI analysts on Dec. 4. He says he didn’t notice anything different. He was in & out for CBI’s crime analysis. They didn’t discover anything to see it as a crime scene. They did use cadaver dogs that day.
  • Adams says the dog hit on the ground near KB’s 2006 green Toyota Corolla on Dec. 4. It was parked in the space right in front of her door.
  • Adams says the KB’s parents arrived at KB’s on either the 4th or 5th
  • Defense says KB’s parents stayed at KB’s townhome between Dec. 3-6. Not necessarily overnight everyday.
  • They recovered PF’s phone. PF said he wanted to speak with an attorney before talking to law enforcement, Slater says phone records played a big role in the investigation.
  • Slater says agents tried to find out what happened to KB and in doing so, found PF. They called him. PF said he was running errands with his brother, Sean in Colorado Springs. They waited & then met him at the Five Guys in Colorado Springs. Sean was with him.

December 5, 2018 - Wednesday
  • Adams says the Berreths arrived at KB’s on either the 4th or 5th.

December 6, 2018 - Thursday
  • Adams says he was first alerted there may be blood inside KB’s townhome on the morning of Dec. 6. Adams admits that was missed on Dec. 3-4 and was missed by dogs too.
  • Dec 6 was the first time detectives reported finding blood in the townhome. KBs parents were the ones to tip investigators off about the blood. They were in the house on Dec 4th.
  • KB’s parents texted Slater on Dec. 6 - they believed they found blood in her bathroom & believed there were signs of cleaning up. Slater mentioned blood on a television. CB said a mat for the bathroom was missing and that it looked like things had been cleaned up and moved. They sent pictures of blood in the bathroom as well as possible blood on the door knob.
  • Stiegerwald notes that blood was found at KB’s home by her mom and/or her brother as late on Dec 6. Long after cadaver dogs and police investigated.
  • CB sent photos to Slater. A photo of the bottom part of the toilet bowl shows suspected blood. Second photo shows fridge in the townhome that appears to have white marks. Third photo is a doorknob with suspected blood spots on it.
  • CBI and WPPD went back into KB’s home on Dec. 6 after receiving those photos. Slater says he saw the suspected blood in the toilet. CBI did a field test on it, which was presumptively positive for blood. It also tested positive on the electrical outlet near the bathroom sink.
  • Slater says CBI also collected buckle swabs of C & C Berreth. They also took a toothbrush, mouth guard and bottle nipple. They got positive DNA for KB from those items.
  • Agent Slater says when he looked in the toilet he saw what appeared to be suspected blood in KB’s bathroom . Toilet, bath tub, trash can, parts of floor, opposing wall, vanity, bathroom door hinges, and electrical outlet he said all tested positive for blood.
  • Slater says the blood found does match KB’s DNA profile.
  • They concluded she may have been killed in the bathroom.
  • DNA of another male was found in KB’s sink. Tests revealed it wasn’t that of PF.
  • Slater says luminal was used on at KB’s hardwood floors at her townhome on Dec. 6 to find DNA, but it didn’t react. They (CBI) later tore out some of the hardwood floor in the living room.
  • Investigators did luminal tests on Dec. 6 at KB 's apartment and found KB’s blood DNA profile all over the bathroom including on the toilet, trash can, floor, wall and door hinges. Prosecution asked, “Is it fair to say KB met with foul play?” Slater said, “Yes.”
  • They also used Blue Star, a chemical that reacts with blood that can’t be seen to the naked eye, Slater said. Areas of the bathroom tested positive in that test, including the toilet, exterior of bath tub, bottom of trash can, floor, wall opposite of toilet, vanity, hinges.
December 10, 2018 - Monday
  • Press Conference

(continued in next post due to character limitations)

(continued from previous post)

TIMELINE:
(Dec. 11,2018,- June 24, 2019)
December 12, 2018 - Wednesday
  • PF Attorney releases statement - PF is cooperating with investigators

December 13, 2018- Thursday
  • Candlelight Vigil Held for KB
  • Custody paperwork for KB found at PF property around Dec 13th. Paperwork was dated from August. There was NEVER a custody case filed.

December 14, 2018 - Friday
  • Search Warrant Frazee Property/Residence
  • FBI made first contact with KK on Dec. 14. She was in Las Vegas with family & friends at the time, per Slater. They said KK wasn’t forthcoming with her relationship to PF, only calling it a business relationship that began in 2006.
  • Slater said, KK told the FBI she came to Colorado to talk with PF about a horse that weekend. KK told the FBI agent that she didn’t know who KB was.
  • At some point, investigators bring up the ping from KB’s phone in Idaho. She says she didn’t know. KK also refused to give release her phone records at that point

December 15, 2018 - Saturday
  • Twin Falls law enforcement was requested to help

December 16, 2018 - Sunday
  • The search of Patrick Frazee's property concludes Sunday night
  • On Dec. 16, CBI and FBI flew to Idaho to interview KK. She said she wanted to cooperate.

December 17, 2018 - Monday
  • Rockstahl’s contacted LE stating KK told her friend (their employee) PF asked KK to kill the mother of his child

December 18, 2018- Tuesday
  • Five law enforcement vehicles seen leaving PF Property
  • PF and 2 others made trip to Waste Management Landfill
  • Slater went to Idaho again to talk with KK with proof she lied to the FBI and about her knowledge of what happened. KK wouldn’t speak without her attorney present,
  • KK invited Slater & another agent inside her home. They wanted to ask about the case. She wouldn’t talk without an attorney. Twin Falls PD arrested her to get buckle swabs. She was taken to the Twin Falls Police Department. Slater says he & another CBI agent stayed with her at Twin Falls PD until her aunt arrived. KB’s aunt took her to Boise to meet with an attorney. KK agreed to talk to police with an attorney on Dec. 20.

December 19, 2018 - Wednesday
  • LE at Kelsey’s Residence

December 20, 2018- Thursday
  • KK agreed to an interview with her attorney present on Dec. 20, after reaching an agreement with the DA’s Office about her charges.
  • KK flew to Colorado Springs and was interviewed on Dec 20 for 4 1/2 hours. Interview took place at the Colorado Springs Police Department. It was 4.5 hours long, recorded with video & audio. Slater says KK was somewhat jumbled on her timeline of events.
  • KK told FBI she and PF met each other at a dude ranch in 2006. Slater says KK & PF reconnected in October 2017 talking about a fundraiser. KK came out to Colorado in March 2018 and started a intimate relationship with PF at that time. KK says she didn’t know about KB or Baby K.
  • Slater: KK said PF would call her with questions about medicine for Baby K since she’s a nurse. KK says PF called KB a terrible mother, who used drugs and alcohol, was physically abusive toward Baby K. KK said PF cited examples. One example: Baby K returned to PF’s custody with burns on the top & bottom of her hands. KB said it was from grabbing a curling iron. KK said that wouldn’t make sense. Another example claimed KB slammed Baby K’s hand in the fridge. Slater says his investigation revealed no sign of child abuse toward Baby K. CBI investigator Slater on stand says there are no police reports nor reports from human services regarding abuse.
  • Krystal: PF was very concerned that KB was going to harm KB, potentially kill her. KK says PF told her that he wanted her to get rid of Kelsey. She took that as kill KB.
  • PF told KK he wanted her to "get rid of KB.” He told KK she should poison KB’s coffee. KK told PF she had access to drugs that could do that
  • Slater: KK said PF asked her to poison KB’s macchiato as a way to “get rid of her.”
  • PF suggested KK taint a caramel macchiato from Starbucks with ambient or other narcotics to kill KB. KK said she carried some of those drugs as a nurse.
  • Slater says KK admitted to him that they never followed through with tainting KB’s coffee.
  • KK tells CBI that PF suggested Krystal put paint in KBs coffee to “get rid” of her.
  • Why she helped? KK wanted to please PF and feared retaliatory action toward her own child from PF, per Slater.
  • KK told Slater that she loved him and feared for her life and family's life. KK said PF told her, "One day your daughter can be playing on the playground and the next she can be gone
  • KK claimed she did all this out of fear of PF. KK said she was worried that he had people watching her, like he claimed he had people watching

December 21, 2018 - Friday
  • Arrested- 1st Degree murder and Solicitation of Murder
Inmate #: 2018001543
Booking #: 18-02029
Case #: D602018CR330
Archonix XJail Public
  • Press Conference 10am MST
  • PF - Hearing on Advisement - 3:30pm
  • Vigil held for KB in Moses Lake, WA
  • Slater says there was a second interview with KK at the Colorado Springs Police Department. This interview was much shorter, about 90 minutes. This was after law enforcement “went to some sites” with KK.
  • The site visits: the Nash Ranch, KB’s townhome & back to the PF residence. Those were on Dec. 21, state says.
  • They went to PF’s property first that day. KK showed investigators where the burn was. New exhibit (#12) is photo of aerial view with a pin indicating where the burn area was.
  • On PF’s property investigators found two black totes which KK said resembled the one KB’s body was in.
  • Slater says Arson Investigator Jerry Meams came to the PF property that day. They excavated the area & found charred clumps of plastic. A test revealed there was accelerant in the debris.
  • When interviewing KK, Slater says she did not know KB’s phone also pinged near Grand Junction & Salt Lake.
  • Slater says he could see the film residue on hard surfaces like the television, couch and other tabletops — the same areas K wiped down when she cleaned up.
  • Slater says CBI agents were able to find areas where blood remained. That includes the fireplace and a nearby wall with a light switch. Again, that matches KK’s story. Slater says testing on those samples isn’t complete yet
  • Slater says KK walked the FBI and CBI through KB’s townhome and explained what the crime scene looked like.
  • Slater says suspected blood splatter was found underneath some chairs. Another photo includes floor boards that have suspected blood splatter between the tongue & grooves. Wasn’t visible to investigators until the floor was pulled up.

December 22, 2018 - Saturday
  • Twin Falls, ID Police Department issued statement they are working with CBI and FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants, including processing items of possible evidence with the assistance of the Twin Falls County and Twin Falls Evidence Technicians.

December 27, 2018 - Thursday
  • Temporary Custody Hearing - 1pm
Case #: D602018JV26
  • Court granted a Temporary Emergency Custody Order made by Teller County Department of Human Services (TCDHS) placing the minor child in the temporary physical custody of maternal grandparents and legal custody of TCDHS. The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents. The court postponed a final decision after Frazee’s mother, the girl’s grandmother, filed a motion in the custody case and the case is continued for a pre-trial conference

December 31, 2018 - Monday
  • PF - First Appearance - 9am
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

COUNT 1 - MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully, feleniously, after deliberation, and with the intent to cause the death of a person other than himself, caused the death of Kelsey Berreth.
COUNT 2 - SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.
COUNT 3-MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was cause by anyone.
COUNT 4-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entered, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.
COUNT 5-SOLICITATION TO COMMIT MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE
Between and including September 1, 2018 and November 1, 2018 PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously commanded, induced, entreated, or otherwise attempted to persuade another person to commit the felony of murder in the first degree, with intent to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime and under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

January 3, 2019 - Thursday
  • Temporary Custody Hearing Continued - 8:30am

January 4, 2019 - Friday
  • PF - Motions Hearing - 1:30pm
  • Discuss how to process an unknown piece of evidence, and whether Frazee and his defense can have access to the arrest affidavit.
  • KB’s parents file civil suit against PF
Case: 19-cv-00027-PAB-KMT
  • The civil suit accuses Frazee of wrongful death, negligence per se, conspiracy, and infliction of emotional distress. The documents allege Frazee either committed and/or collaborated in Kelsey's murder. The suit also accuses Frazee of inflicting physical, mental, and emotional acts of violence on Kelsey prior to her death. The Berreths claim that Frazee's "extreme and outrageous conduct" has caused them emotional distress exceeding $75,000.

January 28, 2019 - Monday
  • PF - motion filed to dismiss wrongful death lawsuit

January 29, 2019 - Tuesday (VACATED)
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am

February 4, 2019 - Monday
  • Nurse KK - Teller County charged KK with 1 Felony Count Tampering with Physical Evidence
Case #: D602019CR17
Colorado Judicial Branch

February 7, 2019 - Thursday
  • Pre-Trial Conference (Custody) - 8:30am
  • KK - Received a Summons of Class 6 Felony tampering with physical evidence

February 8, 2019 - Friday
  • Nurse KK Advisement Hearing 8:30am - Teller County
  • 1 Felony Count Tampering with Physical Evidence
  • KK pleads guilty - Felony tampering with physical evidence, deferred hearing until after PF’s murder trial. Prosecutors requiring KK to cooperate fully in PF’s murder trial. She is prohibited from speaking with press under plea. Prosecution wants plea papers kept from public. Judge grants motion. Review hearing schedule for June 24th at 11 am and every 90 days or so after. KK is allowed to appear for review hearings by phone until closer to sentencing. As part of the plea deal KK is required to cooperate, testify and have no communication with the press. KK stated she learned PF committed homicide on or about November 22nd in Teller County and she moved KB’s cell phone with intent to impair the phones availability of it in Teller County on November 24th or 25th, 2018.
Colorado Judicial Branch

February 15, 2019 - Friday
  • Amended Civil Action Complaint Filed
C-LEB & DLB v PF
Civil Action No. 1:19-CV-00027-PAB
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Amended+complaint+vs+Patrick+Frazee.pdf

February 18, 2019 - Monday
  • PF - added three counts : one tampering with evidence and two for a crime of violence
  • Just before 5 p.m., the state amended their complaint. New counts have been added against PF. One count is tampering with a deceased body and two for a crime of violence. That’s 8 total counts for PF

February 19, 2019 - Tuesday
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am
  • Judge Scott Sells has ordered all witnesses be sequestered meaning they won’t be allowed in the courtroom until they take the stand.
  • The state asked for a written sequestration order.
  • One witness is a Woodland Park Police officer and the state has endorsed Michael Dalton as a witness too.
  • State is prepared to go forward. Two witnesses today are Adams with WPPD and Greg Slater with CBI Colorado.
  • Defense also has a pair of witnesses, SF and Adam Steigerwalk.
  • State’s first witness called is SF, PF’s mother. Her attorney, Joshua Tolini, stands and objects, citing 5th Amendment. Says prosecution hasn't demonstrated she has any involvement.
  • She refuses to answer questions. DA Dan May says he has a right to call & ask questions, saying she has to have good faith basis for the process
  • Defense doesn’t have an opinion either way. SF’s attorney says he’s never seen this come up in a preliminary hearing. May says she has relevant evidence to this case (motive, certain dates when KK was here).
  • May says SF knows about a defendant showing up to her house on Thanksgiving. Assuming that’s KK, since PF lives with SF.
  • Judge Scott Sells rules in favor of SF’s refusal of testimony. Due to the sequestration order, she’ll have to exit the courtroom for the remainder of today’s hearing. But May is still pleading his case.
  • SF will not be made to testify, judge rules, citing attorney's representation she would invoke the 5th.
  • Adams says there was no video/photos to show KK entered KBs townhome. He says a utilities worker & a friend of PF’s showed up on surveillance. Adams said the friend was there to pick up a package.
  • Now talking about neighbor surveillance. It can see access to the only entrance to KB’s townhome. Adams says there are other photos of PF that day, but couldn’t tell if he’s coming or going. He’s wearing a white t-shirt & ball cap
  • Adams says they would’ve known if PF’s clothing was blood-stained. When asked how many photos there are of PF leaving with a black tote, Adams says none.
  • Adams says PF used KB’s computer. He checked if she booked flights & then got into her Facebook. Adams says he changed her password to access the account without permission
  • State now questioning again. The neighbor’s surveillance is through Arlo. Neighbor has the free plan, which has 7 days of storage. Arlo uses a motion sensor to alert the owner. Owner gets an email & quick snapshot of it.
  • Focus now is on Doss Aviation. Slater says CBI went to Doss Aviation & met with a number of people, including KB’s supervisor Ron (no last name given).
  • PF wanted KK to take the remains to Idaho. KK refused. PF said, “we’re finishing this.” So, at PF’s direction, KK texts CB from KB’s phone saying she’d call her tomorrow. SF had Baby K.
  • Slater says a cadaver dog was brought to Nash Ranch eventually. It alerted to the specific discolored hay bale when positioned both underneath and above it.
  • May says SF recovered a steal rod that will tie to more details about solicitation, witnessed the destruction of evidence by way of fire & burning. He’s pleading his case again for her testimony
  • The judge is now asking District Attorney Dan May why PF’s mother should testify. May says she will provide a motive as to why PF is behind KB’s disappearance and that his mother saw them destroy evidence.
  • May asks if SF witnessing PF burning the black tote would equate her conspiring in the crime.
  • May referenced PF’s communication with an attorney in August 2018 about potential action for custody. May says SF had documents on that, which he says help explain the motive.
  • DA Dan May says KK witnessed burning of evidence and that PF directed her to lie about KB in campaign to make her seem a bad mother.
  • DA Dan May states that PF’s mom, SF, saw the “burning of the black tote” implying KB’s body was burned after she was murdered and that the body was in the tote. Judge will decide whether or not SF will testify after lunch.
  • May says he knows about the fire by way of KK. He says SF could establish directly what was happening.
  • SF is going before the judge as a witness. She is exercising her right to remain silent at the advisement of counsel.
  • State wants to ask SF about the phone call on Nov. 22 from PF, witnessing the burn, and more. Judge reviewed the case law citations. He says this is not the time & place for SF’s testimony.
  • Judge Sells says he thinks the evidence the state seeks from SF can be presented from other witnesses. She’s still sequestered, so not allowed in the courtroom.
  • Slater says he wasn’t involved in the search & processing of PF’s truck. Defense asks if he’s aware no blood or other signs of human decomposition were found inside the truck. Slater said no — but that he believed the cadaver dog wasn’t run by the truck
  • Defense now focused on Slater’s conversation with the KB’s parents. Defense pointing out CB didn’t reach out to KB for about a week, between Nov. 25 and Dec. 2.
  • Defense asks Slater if PF alluded to not wanting to give Kelsey her gun back. Slater confirms.
  • Now shifting to cell phone data. Defense asking if he knows anything about the number of cell towers in the area. Slater says he does not.
  • Defense asks if Slater was the one to ask PF to meet on Dec. 4, when they eventually met in Colorado Springs. Slater said no, it was Agent Torres, and that there was an agreement to meet at a Five Guys restaurant.
  • In that meeting — Defense says Patrick talked to his brother Sean before talking to investigators. He then said he’d give a statement, but wanted to talk to an attorney
  • Talking about KB’s admittance to a depression clinic. Kelsey was diagnosed with severe, non-suicidal depression. Defense asks if she lied, knowing she told Doss she had chronic fatigue. Slater said no, they were related.
  • Defense asking if Slater was involved in discussion with KK’s estranged husband. Defense says he didn’t know much about PF. Same goes for KK’s dad, who didn’t notice anything different on Thanksgiving Day when he was with KK.
  • Defense now asking about KK’s Aunt Kristi. She was with KK during her trip to Las Vegas & didn’t notice odd behavior. Kristi, per Slater, was unaware of KK’s relationship with PF and KB’s disappearance.
  • Defense now moving to KK’s interview on Dec. 14 in Las Vegas. She denied knowing about KB & denied having a personal relationship with PF.
  • At some point, investigators bring up the ping from KB’s phone in Idaho. She says she didn’t know. KK also refused to give release her phone records at that point
  • They then went to KK’s home on Dec. 18 with proof she lied to the FBI and about her knowledge of what happened. KK wouldn’t speak without her attorney present, which then happened on Dec. 20 after reaching an agreement with the DA’s Office about her charges.
  • Defense pointing out fact that PF never blatantly said he wanted KK to kill KB. Slater agrees. KK felt like PF was just “pulling her chain”. KK is the one who suggested putting ambien in the macchiato.
  • KK held out and did not cooperate with authorities until the the day before PF arrested or 12/21. And only with a deal in place.
  • Slater confirming KK brought an aluminum bat the third time, which he agrees (with the defense) was the closest she came to committing the crime. Defense points out she didn’t once warm KB about what was happening.
  • Defense points out KK said she didn’t think Kelsey was abusing Baby K, but still drove to KB’s townhome on multiple occasions to try to kill KB.
  • It was KK who tried establishing rapport & gave her the number to the burner phone on the Sept. 23 visit. KK destroyed that phone & actually got another burner phone before her Oct. 15 visit to KB’s home, defense & Slater agree.
  • Defense adds KK used towels to cover a window above the sink, which is on the same wall as the front door to KB’s townhome. Defense going through KK’s clean-up efforts.
  • KK destroyed first burner phone in Breckenridge, and 2nd burner phone destroyed in a fire at KK Idaho home together with KB's real phone. KB reportedly disposed the phone ash/remnants at her workplace.
  • In cross examination, PF‘s attorney is asking lots of questions about why KK never told anyone about the murder even after she saw the “horrific crime scene”. Reminder: KK has plead guilty to moving KB‘s cellphone but not attempted murder.
  • Under cross-x by PF’s attorney, CBI agent Slater says KK told him she came closest to attacking KB as she sat outside her home with a baseball bat. But after driving to Woodland Park from Idaho, she left when she heard a dog bark
  • KK said she believed the couple’s daughter was in danger under KB’s care and that she “couldn’t live with herself if something happened” to the child
  • Defense acknowledging KK deliberately throwing off law enforcement with the cell phone. Slater says that was at PF’s direction.
  • Defense asking about KK’s view of PF. Slater says PF was KK’s first love & that she still loved him. This was taken from interviews with her.
  • Slater says that KK had a relationship with PF and that some of her friends knew. Most family members didn’t.
  • Again, KK never saw KB’s body. She never noticed an odor at the ranch or at PF’s residence. KK went as far as to remove the IDs from KB’s wallet to ensure they’d burn.
  • There were no reported sightings of PF at Nash Ranch between Nov. 22-24. Slater says no.
  • Slater confirms that nothing taken from KB’s town home was found in PF’s possession.
  • Slater also agrees that no one saw PF removing tote with body from house or seeing KK take out trash bags.
  • State asks about KK’s details given regarding her cleaning up KB’s townhome. Slater says she was very detailed & that’s it’s obvious KK has been inside that townhome.
  • State reiterates that testing of certain possible blood spots, which KK pointed out, is not complete yet. But he touts his 30+ years in law enforcement to say he believes those spots are indeed blood.
  • KK told investigators PF asked her to kill KB three different times. Once by poison, twice by beating.
  • State asking Slater about Michelle Stein, a friend of KK’s and former paralegal in Idaho. Michelle, per Slater, was told what happened by KK and she said “she’s done with Patrick.” Slater says Michelle told KK she needed to tell someone.
  • In court: PF’s defense team questions CBI agent about lack of blood in PF’s truck, no signs of him going into her condo with a bat and no one who saw that KK was at condo on 11-24.
  • Defense to Slater: Was PF angry his plan did not come to fruition? Yes.
  • Defense to Slater: PF tells KK to bring a bat and instructs her how to use the bat.
  • Slater says KK smelled gasoline and oil when PF was allegedly burning KB’s body at his home.
  • State is going through details now on facts they’ve provided through previous testimony, emphasizing PF’s instructions to KK to kill KB.
  • According to testimony PF left the murder scene and then went to have Thanksgiving dinner with his family. Later, he allegedly returned to collect KB’s body and burned it.
  • Stiegerwald asked the court to review the third count, felony murder tied to robbery, and suggests the judge review evidence presented today to toss that count out.
  • State replies that the sequence of events is irrelevant. Defense argued the theft took place after the alleged murder. Again, state says that doesn’t matter. Defense now citing case law
  • Judge, citing statutes for proof evident presumption great hearing, says the people have established probable cause in both first-degree murder counts. Same for all three solicitation counts.
  • Judge finds proof evident for tampering with evidence too. He’ll be held without bond. Judge asked defense to set trial or arraignment. Defense asks for arraignment, saying the DA’s Office just emailed 3,300 pages of discovery to him.
  • Judge rules, PF will face trial on suspicion of 1st-degree murder and solicitation of murder in apparent beating death of KB.
  • Judge now addressing motions to unseal the arrest (probable cause) affidavit.
  • DA Dan May says he has no objection to releasing any of the search or arrest warrants after talking with law enforcement.
  • May says there were 32 search warrants in conversation with the defense.
  • Defense still wants it sealed & would like the media to talk with the defense before requesting future motions.
  • Judge ruled to release the arrest warrant, but deferred judgment on the entire docket. Should be released later today or tomorrow — they need time to redact
  • Judge Sells admits he hasn’t reviewed all search warrants, so he will not release those yet
  • State now bringing up its motion for consumptive testing (first brought back on Dec. 31). Defense says it’s not ready to address that. Judge set that for a separate legal argument hearing on March 4 at 8:30 a.m.
  • Defense asks court to amend order limiting contact from PF to Baby F. They’re asking for the court to address it moving forward. Judge agrees.

March 4, 2019 - Monday
  • PF - Legal Argument Hearing - 8:30 am

March 11, 2019 - Monday
  • PF Wrongful Death - Scheduling and Planning Conference - 1:30 pm

April 4, 2019 - Thursday
  • Disposition Hearing (Custody) - 8:30am

April 8, 2019 - Monday
  • PF - Arraignment - 8:30 am

June 24, 2019 - Monday
  • KK- Review Hearing - 11 am - Teller County
(KK is allowed to appear for review hearings by phone until closer to sentencing)

LINKS:
Colorado Judicial Branch Docket Search: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
Teller County Jail Lookup: Archonix XJail Public
4th District Cases of Interest: Colorado Judicial Branch - 4th Judicial District - Homepage
People of CO v. PF: Colorado Judicial Branch
People v. KLK: Colorado Judicial Branch

Custody Docket: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
Case#: D602018JV26
Year = 2018
Case Class = JV
Case Sequence = 26

Amended Civil Action Complaint: http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Amended+complaint+vs+Patrick+Frazee.pdf

Sam Kraemer Twitter: Sam Kraemer (@SamKraemerTV) | Twitter
Clayton Sandell Twitter: Clayton Sandell (@Clayton_Sandell) | Twitter
Kayna Whitworth Twitter: @KaynaWhitworth
Becky Perlow Twitter: @gobeckygo
Carol McKinley Twitter: @CarolAMcKinley
Emily Shapiro Twitter: @EmilyShapiroABC

When does the trial begin? I believe I read something about April 8th? Will it be televised? I watched the Casey Anthony and Josie Arias cases.

I feel that the public would have more closure if the trial is live streamed and/or televised...

Is there any possibility of a televised trial?

I felt as if the public didn’t have closure after the Watts family murders (athough I’m glad he has LWOP).

If the reason they won’t allow media to video the court dates is because they don’t have KB’s remains, I don’t know if they will ever find them. According to the affidavit, he burned beautiful KB’s body and threw her ashes in a river or dump...

Last edited:
When does the trial begin? I believe I read something about April 8th? Will it be televised? I watched Casey Anthony and Josie Arias cases.

I feel that the public would have more closure if the trial is live streamed and/or televised...

Is there any possibility of this?

I'm pretty sure the trial will be live streamed.

When does the trial begin? I believe I read something about April 8th? Will it be televised? I watched the Casey Anthony and Josie Arias cases.

Is there any possibility of a televised trial?

I felt as if the public didn’t have closure after the Watts family murders (athough I’m glad he has LWOP).

If the reason they won’t allow media to video the court dates is because they don’t have KB’s remains, I don’t know if they will ever find them. According to the affidavit, he burned beautiful KB’s body and threw her ashes in a river or dump...
This trial will probably be a long ways off.

The arraignment is April 8.

With a case this complex, and the amount of evidence that has to be analyzed, it sure as hell won’t proceed to trial anytime soon.

I do think it’ll be televised though.

Edited to change “preliminary hearing” to “arraignment.”

Last edited:
I respect everyone’s opinions on here but I can’t let it go that KK is more involved than her side of the story. This is an example why I think there is more to it:
From Affidavit Line 49: “On or about December 4, 2018 Lee told Chad she could not find her cell phone and asked him to take her into town to purchase a new one”.
Line 50: Chad knows Lee has a google email account and had her account information stored in his phone contacts under the name Krystal Lee as “Marlee *****@gmail.com”. Investigators applied for and were granted a search warrant for this account. During a review of that account investigators found Google location data for most of November and December 2018. However, the dates surrounding the murder of Berreth contained no location history.
So tell me why is that time period conveniently erased?

Because she came down to CO and cleaned up the murder scene. She wanted to hide that. She wanted to hide when she left and returned.

There is no evidence she was there before that and if she was, there would be (like her ex's statement or phone pings which later occurred). In addition, there is evidence she was not in CO on that date: She borrowed a car on the 23rd proving she was in ID on the 23rd. It makes no sense that she drove to CO Thanksgiving day or the day before, helped with the murder, then rushed back up, then borrowed a car and rushed back down and then back up again, yet while PF and KB are seen on surveillance at her house, and PF is seen there at 3:30 p.m. or so, contrary to his own statements, KB is not seen on surveillance at KB's home on that date at all. And a witness who has no reason to lie does not state she was missing around Thanksgiving, which he would know as they still lived together and have kids.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

No. The affidavit does NOT state that they do not have KK’s location on the date of murder. It also does not state that they don’t have her phone pings for that time period. It says they don’t have her Google location history for her email account for the dates “surrounding the murder” and it states she got a new phone on 12-4-18, after PF’s phone was confiscated by LE.

Clearly they obtained her phone records and ping data for her old phone because they had the ping data for 11-23 through 11-25. She got a new one on 12-4-18.

This trial will probably be a long ways off.

The preliminary hearing is April 8.

With a case this complex, and the amount of evidence that has to be analyzed, it sure as hell won’t proceed to trial anytime soon.

I do think it’ll be televised though.
As long they dot all the iiiiiiis,and cross the tttttttts and get justice for Kelsey,and Baby K.

Because she came down to CO and cleaned up the murder scene. She wanted to hide that. She wanted to hide when she left and returned.

There is no evidence she was there before that and if she was, there would be (like her ex's statement or phone pings which later occurred). In addition, there is evidence she was not in CO on that date: She borrowed a car on the 23rd proving she was in ID on the 23rd. It makes no sense that she drove to CO Thanksgiving day or the day before, helped with the murder, then rushed back up, then borrowed a car and rushed back down and then back up again, yet while PF and KB are seen on surveillance at her house, and PF is seen there at 3:30 p.m. or so, contrary to his own statements, KB is not seen on surveillance at KB's home on that date at all. And a witness who has no reason to lie does not state she was missing around Thanksgiving, which he would know as they still lived together and have kids.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

No. The affidavit does NOT state that they do not have KK’s location on the date of murder. It also does not state that they don’t have her phone pings for that time period. It says they don’t have her Google location history for her email account for the dates “surrounding the murder” and it states she got a new phone on 12-4-18, after PF’s phone was confiscated by LE.

Clearly they obtained her phone records and ping data for her old phone because they had the ping data for 11-23 through 11-25. She got a new one on 12-4-18.

I'm still not convinced entirely of the car swap occurring on the 23rd or the purported "reason" behind it. A lot of people had prior knowledge of this, and likely more in-depth knowledge than they admit. I can see people twisting and manipulating things to distance themselves from it as much as possible. MOO.

<modsnipped quoted post>

remember, the mom, CB, mentioned to PF that she wanted him to pick up a box that might've been delivered to Kelsey around Thksgiving? I THINK that's what the reference was. And since PF was "in Westcliffe," he sent someone over there? All this is according to liars, tho', so who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to a question about why the gun was sent with KK, as I recall, the story was PF returned KB's gun to KB and then KK took it so that it looked like KB ran off with her gun to off herself, being distraught and all from the breakup.

I guess they were thinking suicide on foot without a car and her body or gun is nowhere to be found.

What kind of silly plan was that. LOL

This case really boggles the mind. Its almost like it was being made up as they went along.

I still think PF was going to take her out the night before using a fake stomach issue.
I am thinking she always had her baby with her in her arms where he could never get in a position to club her to death.

I guess they were thinking suicide on foot without a car and her body or gun is nowhere to be found.

This case really boggles the mind. Its almost like it was being made up as they went along.

I still think PF was going to take her out the night before using a fake stomach issue.
I am thinking she always had her baby with her in her arms where he could never get in a position to club her to death.
The three stooges could do better than these buffoons.

Seriously. I feel remorse when I kill a bug---but even I could've hatched a better plan than that.

I dunno, a 14 month old being carried around for hours? I remember being 110 lbs carrying around my 6 month old, and the baby gets very heavy and you get tired pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail