GUILTY MO - Mengqi Elledge, 28, found deceased, Columbia, 9 Oct 2019 *husband arrested*

HOW THOUGH?!?
"No resolution" in custody hearing for daughter of missing woman and incarcerated husband

As Mengqi G's parents prepare to continue their custody battle, supporters Monday said they would have their support every step of the way.

Bunch said those 100 or so people also made their support for the family official.

"Over 100 of us signed a petition and we're ready to help Mengqi's parents to take care of Anna," Bunch said.

Salladay said she expected more court proceedings in regards to the custody of Anna Elledge in the future and urged anyone with any more information to contact law enforcement.

uggghh. I immediately wondered if gaining custody/guardianship would be difficult for Mengqi's parents. They are from China, I believe, right? I don't know if they are here on an "emergency" type VISA or ? If Baby Anna was born in the U.S., even though Mengqi is from China originally, I don't believe Anna would have Chinese citizenship. I could be wrong and would love clarity on this. I thought that if you are a Chinese citizen and become a citizen of another country, you lose Chinese citizenship. For instance, Mengqi married JE - did she become a citizen at some point before or after that? I hope I am making sense here. lol I am curious if anyone here may be able to clear up whether or not Mengqi's parents being from China may cause any issues in their ability to be granted custody and/or guardianship of Anna.

I feel like IF anyone is going to say where Mengqi is, it will be after any custody/guardianship is decided. Just my feeling right now :(

BREAKING: Joseph Elledge named prime suspect in wife's disappearance

At one point an audio recording was played in court, and Joseph Elledge could be heard saying “I will bury the earth under you” to his wife Mengqi Ji. He also said “you’re very fortunate to be in America.”

In another recording, he said he was eager to end their relationship and ready to stop talking to her “forever.”

Elledge drove through remote areas of mid-Missouri before reporting Mengqi Ji missing. We now know that he drove around for 8 hours, traveling from Columbia to Jefferson City, stopping at a forest near Ashland before heading to Rocheport.

...both sets of grandparents will have equal custody of their grandchild.

“At one point an audio recording was played in court, and Joseph Elledge could be heard saying “I will bury the earth under you” to his wife Mengqi Ji. He also said “you’re very fortunate to be in America.”

In another recording, he said he was eager to end their relationship and ready to stop talking to her “forever.”

We previously reported that Elledge drove through remote areas of mid-Missouri before reporting Mengqi Ji missing. We now know that he drove around for 8 hours, traveling from Columbia to Jefferson City, stopping at a forest near Ashland before heading to Rocheport.....

Knight said in court that both sets of grandparents will have equal custody of their grandchild.”

:mad::mad::mad:

At one point an audio recording was played in court, and Joseph Elledge could be heard saying “I will bury the earth under you” to his wife Mengqi Ji. He also said “you’re very fortunate to be in America.”

There, now it's in print. Disgusting, arrogant, racist attitude towards the Mother of his child. No one in the Elledge family should have custody of Anna.

I'm hoping that LE is very quietly searching for Mengqi near Ashland (MOO)....

Equal custody? How is that going to work? After Mengqi is found and her killer convicted I suspect her heartbroken parents will return to China...I just don't see an equal custody arrangement working long term.

I'm hoping that LE is very quietly searching for Mengqi near Ashland (MOO)....

Equal custody? How is that going to work? After Mengqi is found and her killer convicted I suspect her heartbroken parents will return to China...I just don't see an equal custody arrangement working long term.

I agree, and how can Jean Elledge be trusted to keep to that arrangeent when she was already caught trying to help her son flee before he was arrested? It's craziness in my eyes, I absolutely think Mengqi's parent's should have full custody. MOO.

There’s a video at this link of his mother testifying. She smirks when the prosecuting attorney asks if Joe told her where Mengqi’s body is, similar to Joe in his interview.

Prosecutor: Joe Elledge prime suspect in disappearance, murder of his wife

many of the recordings the prosecution said they played to prove Joe was "angry and controlling," Joe can be heard saying to Mengqi "Go back to China," I'm ready to be done talking to you forever," and "This has been a terrible relationship."

In the series of recordings, Joseph also said to Mengqi "should I tell the court you're abusive to me?" when talking about divorcing her.

Last edited:
Thursday, November 7th 2019
“[SBM]

Amy Salladay, who represents the parents of [Mengqi Ji] stated that after ‘two days of hearings with multiple procedural issues involved, the parties agreed to a very limited, short term arrangement where they share custody of the child with Jean Elledge,’ the mother of Joe Elledge.

Of Mengqi Ji's parents, Salladay stated ‘they do not believe that it is in this child's best interests to continue this arrangement indefinitely or on a permanent basis. They continue to be concerned about Jean Elledge's knowledge regarding Mengqi and that she has not been fully forthcoming with information she has related to Mengqi's disappearance.’
[SBM]

Joseph Elledge said two weeks ago, Mengqi Ji Elledge was last seen the evening of Oct. 8, and her husband told law enforcement the following afternoon. The probable cause document said Joseph Elledge did not tell anyone of her disappearance for more than 24 hours and did not report her missing to police for a day and a half.

At Wednesday's bond hearing, detectives went into detail about what Joseph Elledge's whereabouts where when he said he noticed his wife was missing.

Jean Elledge told KRCG she had no comment.“ (BBM)
Attorney of missing woman's parents says 'limited' child custody arrangement reached

Published: 4:32am, 8 Nov, 2019
Updated: 5:29am, 8 Nov, 2019
“[SBM]

Joseph Elledge is a ‘jealous, controlling, manipulative psychopath,’ Boone County Chief Prosecutor Dan Knight said during a hearing on Wednesday in which he argued that Elledge should remain in jail on his current US$500,000 bond on a child abuse charge, the Columbia Missourian reported. The judge did not rule on the bond matter at the hearing.
[SBM]

But Knight described him as the prime suspect in her disappearance and he played four audio recordings of the couple arguing.
[SBM]

Mengqi Ji Elledge can also be heard arguing with her husband, who raised his voice several times. At one point, he told her, ‘I know you want me to hit you,’ and, ‘This, it’s not abusive.’
[SBM]

The defence, meanwhile, argued that Joseph Elledge’s bond should be reduced, saying that Mengqi Ji Elledge had exchanged sexually explicit messages with another person.

Little else was said during the hearing about the messages. A police detective clarified that officers had not yet gone through the woman’s phone, which police found along with her wallet, laptop and passport in the couple’s apartment after her disappearance.
[SBM]

Mengqi Elledge received a master’s degree in mechanical and aerospace engineering from the University of Missouri in December 2014. She previously attended the East China University of Science and Technology in Shanghai.” (BBM)
‘Psychopath’ US husband is ‘prime suspect’ in Chinese woman’s disappearance

“Mengqi's parents, Xiaolin Ji (‘Mr. G’) and Ke Ren (‘Mrs. Ren’), arrived in Columbia after learning of their daughter's disappearance from a family friend. [A news release from their attorney] said Mengqi spoke on the phone with her parents daily, and when they couldn't reach her on Oct. 8, they reached out to Joseph and Jean [Elledge]. The release said Jean did not return their calls until Oct. 10. Jean claimed her phone app was off for two days.” (BBM)
Missing Columbia woman's parents file for guardianship of their granddaughter

Suspicious, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph