CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far 4 witnesses today:
2 Cadaver dog handlers
Security dir. of hospital
KK's father

3 Witnesses yesterday:
KK
2 teenager ranch hands. Not going to post their names since ones underage, I think.

So still another 73 witnesses or so left.
Stunning.
And the hits just keep coming.

Too bad PF's too stupid to register the blows that are raining down on his head with every word of testimony.

Steigerwald and Porter must be completely shell-shocked at this point, though.

You know how there's a "Mercy Rule" in Baseball?

Well, I'm starting to think we need a "No Mercy" rule in criminal trials, so that in cases like this where the prosecution has buried the opponent under an avalanche of evidence, juries can just declare at a certain point in the proceedings, "Yeah, we're done here. Calling it. We've heard enough. This one's over. "

JMO.

Last edited:
I just checked his twitter feed and he hasn't tweeted much on the case. Maybe he's not in the courtroom and misunderstood.
The defense can only address what was stated in the testimony on cross. I would expect the defense will call when they present their case and can bring up everything else. JMO

Last edited:
Yes it is. He also disparaged Kelsey.
Disagree. He answered reporter questions with answers based on what PF had told him. And he said that he would withhold judgment until evidence was presented. Nothing wrong with that IMO. He is very much on the periphery of the case and shouldn’t be disparaged, IMO. Besides, his interview was in the early days. I’m sure he would have something different to say now, and probably will.

Disagree. He answered reporter questions with answers based on what PF had told him. And he said that he would withhold judgment until evidence was presented. Nothing wrong with that IMO. He is very much on the periphery of the case and shouldn’t be disparaged, IMO. Besides, his interview was in the early days. I’m sure he would have something different to say now, and probably will.
He still disparaged Kelsey with Zero evidence as to what he blathered about. Making it sound like she was a druggie,flake,unfit mother. Again with zero evidence to support his blathering. But PF is super good Daddy who put's extra socks on Baby K.

So do you think at this point PF knows he’s toast? And he is just taking everybody along for a last, what-the-hell ride? Or does he actually think he will beat at least the murder charge?
To put his/PF's family (actually both families) through this is stupid. I say 'his family' because it's pretty obvious he didn't care about kb's He should have pled guilty. He figures he'll have a hold out on the jury I guess.

Last edited:
Teller county and the adjacent El Paso and Douglas counties have experienced horrific wildfires since 2006, burning thousands of acres and inflicting billions of dollars in damages. The community awareness of fire danger is extremely high. It is not just a matter of abiding by the law…...every person's home and all of their possessions are at stake. Residents of Teller County that I have heard from say “there is always a fire ban in place in the fall months”, but this information is difficult to nail down in a single link:

The Teller County Community Wildfire Protection Plan Update, November 2011 which covers all publicly held lands in Teller county shows in Map 10 of that document (below) the areas of constant danger levels. The white areas, including the location of the F’s ranchette, are merely white to depict private property. The surrounding area is clearly “Severe” (lavender color) and Extreme (Red color) and High (brown color) fire danger. People who live in this area are obviously expected to be vigilant at all times, both by authorities and by their neighbors. I have drawn a green line to indicate where the ranchette is located.
http://www.co.teller.co.us/Miscellaneous/CWPP2011/CWPP2011update.pdf

Teller County updates it’s exact burn restriction status on their general website WHEN that status changes (depending on weather and snow cover) Today there are no restrictions posted.
Teller County, Colorado - Official Site for Teller County Government

The Teller County Sheriff’s Department posts burn restrictions independent of the main county website. Currently, the Sheriff’s department website is showing an Advisory Burn restriction due to high winds.
https://www.tellercountysheriff.com/

To consolidate the info and remain specific to Florissant where the bonfire was located, I suggest referencing the volunteer fire department serving the franch or "Four Mile Fire Protection" that posts consistently on FB.

8437 County Rd 11
Florissant, Colorado
C78FT9HJ7Wu.png

m.me/279744392052554
4VjyF4t9Hqt.png

Call (719) 689-3417

In fact, you can clearly see their notifications to Florissant homeowners at the link I provided a couple days ago including the Sheriff's bulletins for "Teller County Stage 1 Fire Ban" in shared recent post Oct 2, 2019. Also see Dec 21 2018 and Four Mile's FPD shared link NIXLE.US.

CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Interested in some of you attorneys’ thoughts on this. Considering the timing and prospects for a plea deal, wouldn’t the best chance of that be upcoming once the prosecution rests its case and before the defense begins theirs? I think that’s when the state goes to PF’s attorney and says, “Ok you’ve seen what we’ve got and you know how damaging it is. It’s now or never for a plea deal.” And the attorney is going to be most amenable to consider it at this point because it’s going to save him a lot of work. PF could still refuse, but I think the attorney would really be putting the hard sell on him.

What do y’all think? Plea deal after prosecution rests?

So

Right. I forgot to add he thinks PF should be given custody of Baby K. Because he's such a super guy.

Also not accurate.

Actually CC said PF already HAD custody. Not true.

Cline blames the media for spreading inaccurate information since Berreth’s disappearance hit national news as a missing person case in early December. He said the media has incorrectly portrayed Frazee as a bad guy.

“I’m shocked and annoyed at how people are acting,” he said. “There’s been no evidence presented so far. He’s an all-around nice guy and a good dad.”

Contrary to what has been reported, Cline said Frazee was the primary caretaker of the couple’s baby, Kaylee, who is now about 16 months old.

“He’s been raising the little girl since she was born,” Cline said. “Kelsey (Berreth) had visitation, and he had custody.”

The Gazette could not confirm the custodial arrangements of the couple’s child through court documents.

Friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher; possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed

He still disparaged Kelsey with Zero evidence as to what he blathered about. Making it sound like she was a druggie,flake,unfit mother. Again with zero evidence to support his blathering. But PF is super good Daddy who put's extra socks on Baby K.
He stated what he observed. And we also don’t get to know the context of the questions he was answering. He may have been asked a leading question like, “Did you see PF with the baby? What were his interactions with her like?”

I’m in journalism myself and know all too well that a story ends up being shaped as much by how questions are framed as by how they are answered.

Interested in some of you attorneys’ thoughts on this. Considering the timing and prospects for a plea deal, wouldn’t the best chance of that be upcoming once the prosecution rests its case and before the defense begins theirs? I think that’s when the state goes to PF’s attorney and says, “Ok you’ve seen what we’ve got and you know how damaging it is. It’s now or never for a plea deal.” And the attorney is going to be most amenable to consider it at this point because it’s going to save him a lot of work. PF could still refuse, but I think the attorney would really be putting the hard sell on him.

So

DBM I’m not an attorney

So
No way is the prosecution offering PF a deal. They have him dead to rights. If anything, PF's public defenders are begging him to let them approach the State with an offer and he's too stupid to listen. All MOO, of course.

Actually CC said PF already HAD custody. Not true.

Cline blames the media for spreading inaccurate information since Berreth’s disappearance hit national news as a missing person case in early December. He said the media has incorrectly portrayed Frazee as a bad guy.

“I’m shocked and annoyed at how people are acting,” he said. “There’s been no evidence presented so far. He’s an all-around nice guy and a good dad.”

Contrary to what has been reported, Cline said Frazee was the primary caretaker of the couple’s baby, Kaylee, who is now about 16 months old.

“He’s been raising the little girl since she was born,” Cline said. “Kelsey (Berreth) had visitation, and he had custody.”

The Gazette could not confirm the custodial arrangements of the couple’s child through court documents.

Friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher; possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed
Thanks - a quick google of CC shows a bunch of these interviews which show a clear bias IMO against KB.

KK was at home near Hansen most of the day with her Dad and working at the hospital in Twin Falls? The next day she was in Hansen with her Dad, working in Twin Falls, trading vehicles in Jerome, and taking off for Colorado? That girl sure gets around, and quickly, too IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX