Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

From the Criminal Complaint

"In November of 2019, Laroche’s former husband, RWJ, also confirmed that Laroche was extremely abusive to Peggy. That Laroche was what some described as a “force to be reckoned with”. RWJ reported that he recalled seeing Peggy at his home for the last time. He had come home from work and found Peggy lying on the ground lifeless. Laroche told him Peggy had overdosed and she was going to take her away from their house so they would not be involved. Laroche told him to take the kids out for ice cream. He recalled Laroche being gone for approximately 2 ½ hours and then returning home without Peggy. RWJ states that he never saw Peggy again".

Don't want to sound a bore but shouldn't this man be accounted for his lack of taking action.....

I'm not sure what specific statutes would apply, however "negligence" of some sort or another is at play, here.

It's like these people simply did not care.

I'm not sure what specific statutes would apply, however "negligence" of some sort or another is at play, here.

As I said earlier, I think they did care, but were too afraid to get involved.

There is a weird "black sheep" phenomenon that happens in families, in work groups, etc. where one person is picked on mercilessly. First by a bully, and then that behavior becomes "normal". Treating that person like dirt becomes "normal". I'm sure there is some fancy term for this, when abuse becomes normalized. It's bizarre.

It seems as if this young woman became an indentured servant of sorts, and suffered horribly at the hands of this evil woman. The fact the husband stood by and did nothing is repulsive.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Agreed I think it's very likely that Linda was abusive to her husband(s) and kids. They were probably scared of her and what she might do if they said anything.

Off course I can "see" that, but.......she should have been stopped....whatever that would take...IMO. How on earth can you stay with such a bad person....only a looser could...looking the other way.....I feel I'm becoming so mad right now....sorry guys....have to let it go...

Below is good article with big quality photos. Very sad that her sister found out this way that she had another sister out there and on top of it learned about her horrendous end. Must have been a lot to take in.

Her name is Peggy: The events that led to the death of Racine County's Jane Doe

5dc5acaceed97.image.png
5dc5acad0f074.image.png

Her name is Peggy: The events that led to the death of Racine County's Jane Doe

If you check comments under above article, there is someone claiming to have known Peggy under different surname and stayed with her shortly after her mum's death.
===

Short timeline

Sept. 23, 2019: A “concerned citizen” in Florida tells police that they heard Linda LaRoche talking about how she killed someone in Illinois.

Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019: LaRoche taken into custody.

Friday, Nov. 8, 2019: Sheriff Christopher Schmaling announces that Jane Doe has been identified as Peggy Lynn Johnson. Minutes later, the Racine County District Attorney’s Office publishes charges filed against LaRoche for first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse.

Timeline of events in the life of Peggy Lynn Johnson, Racine County's Jane Doe
Just want to add to this timeline. On September 17, 2019: Linda LaRoche's husband filed for divorce. I seriously wonder if he was the "concerned citizen"

Just want to add to this timeline. On September 17, 2019: Linda LaRoche's husband filed for divorce. I seriously wonder if he was the "concerned citizen"

Could be...Maybe he had a change of heart....but it was .....wait a minute ....a couple of years after the killing.....(Sarcastic) Let's say "only" 20 years later.....

I'm guessing the first husband, RWJ as he was called in the criminal complaint, is cooperating and getting some kind of deal for his cooperation.

I'll be shocked if he's not arrested too. There's no way she moved Peggy by herself. I call BS on his version and expect her to throw him under the bus too at some point.

Don't forget she was sexually abused too. Was it by her, him or them?

I agree that Peggy may not have been conventionally sexually assaulted. There was a case in the late 80s in Glen Ridge, NJ where a cognitively disabled girl was sexually assaulted by members of the high school football team with a broomstick. With all the other injuries inflicted on Peggy, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Linda was torturing her sexually.

I hope as time goes on, more details come to light. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that NO ONE said ANYTHING for TWENTY YEARS. I think it goes beyond her family being scared of Linda. I also think they were out to save their own behinds because they knew they were guilty for failing to report the abuse and murder. Sickening.

Agreed I think it's very likely that Linda was abusive to her husband(s) and kids. They were probably scared of her and what she might do if they said anything.
I wanna know where her money was coming from. Husband the provider? She appears to control the power in their family dynamics.

This is her second husband who filed for divorce in September, and yes, I too thought he was probably the concerned citizen. I imagine a situation where she was drunk and tossed out the information about killing someone in Illinois as a means to threaten him not to leave her.

According to one of the articles linked up thread she had a business..... Guardian Correctional Care, Inc.

Linda LaRoche: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Thanks good to know. So she had all the power in that relationship. Plus- her most probable aggression played out at work. Which state was she licensed in? Any Board actions are available to the public. A leopard doesn’t change it’s spots. She - more than likely was abusive throughout that system of control too. Geez, who raised this evil woman? How did she justify any of this in her mind? This is crazy stuff. It’s such a horrible ending for this poor girl’s life.

I wanna know where her money was coming from. Husband the provider? She appears to control the power in their family dynamics.

the article from heavy goes on to say, "The DeKalb County, Illinois sheriff confirmed to Heavy in an interview that LaRoche’s company, Guardian Correctional Care, Inc., was contracted to offer medical services for inmates in the jail there, receiving $18,000 a month. Sheriff Roger A. Scott said the company’s contract would be terminated now that authorities there realized LaRoche is newly accused in the decades-old murder. “It’s obviously shocking to us,” he said, adding that LaRoche, as the company owner, did scheduling matters and the like but wasn’t on the actual jail floor with inmates. The company had staff that did that, and the sheriff believes they did a good job. He said the company was also contracted with other counties over the years and worked with DeKalb County since at least 2000."

I'm wondering if this is going to affect other cases? if i had a loved one in prison/jail where this company was contracted, i'd be talking to a lawyer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txstar
Back