Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviews with Walt & Angela from earlier today. Most of us have seen them, but wanted to bump up again.
‘The witness did not call 911’: Aniah’s parents on the nightmare of not knowing where their daughter is

Such sorrow and worry. I can feel the understandable stressed anxiety exuding from Aniah's poor mum.

There is probably no-one in this world who doesn't wish that Aniah already had a bag of chips waiting at home that night.
Such an innocent little action - stopping for chips - such a horrific outcome. :(

Last edited:
The mom and stepdad were on Fox6 WBRC this morning. They said the witness was someone at the Chevron and did not come forward on their own. Police were interviewing everyone seen on video from the store and that was when the person admitted seeing the abduction. They said the person was very scared.
They also said IY is not giving up any information.

In the interview Aniah’s mom & Walt did this morning, she said that the witness was at the gas station & the police only found them bc they located & talked to every single person they saw on surveillance at the gas station. They told the police after they found them & talked to them at that point. She said that person was absolutely terrified. But that’s the answer about where the witness saw everything. It was at the gas station.

I had a feeling that this was the case.

I just don't understand what keeps you from at least calling in an anonymous tip. What takes two weeks? For days, people thought that she went missing possibly at a bar on the other side of town, in a dating app meetup gone wrong. Why not at least point the police in the right direction if you saw it happen?

This also indicates that the crime was committed at the Chevron, and was committed in front of witnesses. Why in the world would they do that? Not saying it didn't happen, it just makes no sense to me.

I can't for the life of me understand how you could watch a young girl be forced into a car like that, and not call 911. It just baffles me, and it likely cost Aniah her life. Even if I thought the person doing it was scary, etc., I still would have reported it immediately. And I certainly would have reported it once I saw the news that the young girl was missing. Ugh!

If i saw a child and saw a tip line i would phone in .. But when it comes to adults....i would hesitate..i do not know if it is domestic..i do not want to be in spot lite. I do not want people ...trying to figure out who i am..because i know they will..i am probably local.....imoo

With all do respect to you three, I understand what you are saying but we also don't know what went down that night on how he abducted her. While I get what are saying it's obvious this was very scary to the witness and I don't think we should be judging them for not calling the tip when we don't know how this went down. This witness could have been working in the store that night and that's why LE hunted them down was to see if they saw anything and therefore the reason they did not speak up is because it would be easy for Yazeed to hunt them down.

I suffer from severe Anxiety and I can tell you right now had I seen an abduction happen in front of me I probably would have been scared shitless too especially if I was working the store. She could have tried to get away form him and he got violent with her then pulled a gun out to silence her since it was outside the store and him not wanting people to know or see what was going on. Like we just don't know. I can personally say for myself as someone who suffers from severe anxiety I may have done the same thing just because I'd be scared of him trying to find me somehow and fearing for my own life due to my anxiety. Like I it probably makes me look horrible for saying that but I might have done the same thing to be quite honest.

Listen from 4 minutes in. The witness was at the Chevron.

No exterior cameras at the correct Chevron (image date Feb 2019).
Just one exterior light attached to the exterior of the building.

Parking seems to be at the side of the Chevron. Not even where anyone inside could see the parked vehicles, if they are not parked at the pumps.

View attachment 214693 View attachment 214694 View attachment 214695 View attachment 214696 View attachment 214697

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏‬‏‏

Such sorrow and worry. I can feel the understandable stressed anxiety exuding from Aniah's poor mum.

There is probably no-one in this world who doesn't wish that Aniah already had a bag of chips at home that night.
Such an innocent little action - stopping for chips - such a horrific outcome. :(
One small variation in time and they never would have intersected, that's what is so heartbreaking. I hope Angela's prayers are answered and he does grow a conscience.

At this point, his best bet would be to confess and make a plea bargain. I also hope his Mother, who has been so vocal in past legal issues with her son, would encourage him to, for once in his life, DO THE RIGHT THING!!! Is she watching the heartbreaking pleas of Angela like the rest of us? From one Mother to another, encourage him to tell the truth!

For most of these, I still don't understand why they didn't call in a tip anonymously. Can anyone confirm if Crime Stoppers works as advertised in terms of anonymity? I can see not wanting your name associated with this, not wanting to have to testify at a trial, etc. But I thought that you could completely anonymously report if you had seen something. Is that wrong? Can you be made to testify anyway, if the entire case hinges on your statement? I feel like it's important for the public to understand their options and exposure here, since many of us (including me) are claiming that we would probably have gone to the police, and trying to understand why someone didn't.

If this person was identified by IY at the gas station (and even threatened directly and told not to go to police) then I'm surprised they gave a statement even when questioned by police. If I had been there and IY had, for example, stolen my driver's license and told me that if I spoke to the cops he would murder me and my family - I can see that I would be terrified to come forward. But then when asked by police, I would probably continue to insist that I hadn't seen anything. No reward amount would make me not fear this man if he knew that I had seen him do this.
Yes you can report any crime to crime stoppers and it’s % totally confidential

I stated this in my above post but wanted to make a post on its own... Do you guys think it's possible the witness was whoever was working the store that night?

Now that we have the additional information about the witness being terrified, I think it's a very real possibility, it was the store clerk. I thought perhaps IY frequented the Chevron, and the witness, if they worked there might have already been scared of IY and felt coming forward, would put them at risk for harm.

One small variation in time and they never would have intersected, that's what is so heartbreaking. I hope Angela's prayers are answered and he does grow a conscience.

At this point, his best bet would be to confess and make a plea bargain. I also hope his Mother, who has been so vocal in past legal issues with her son, would encourage him to, for once in his life, DO THE RIGHT THING!!! Is she watching the heartbreaking pleas of Angela like the rest of us? From one Mother to another, encourage him to tell the truth!

IY's mom seems to have protected and made excuses for him his whole life. I think it will be harder to continue doing that with him now facing another kidnapping charge and whatever else gets tacked on. I agree I hope she does the right thing this time and plead with him to spill the beans on everything.

I'm almost crying at 5:45 into that video interview with the parents and they ask them about the other kids. Aniah's Mom and Walt have three other kids. The brother who lives in Auburn is around Aniah's age but there are two younger kids aged 13 years old and 6 years old. They talked how the 13 year old doesn't know how to express himself that he has meltdowns and the 6 year old will start crying saying she misses her Sissy. My prayers go out hard for Aniah's whole family.

Link again: ‘The witness did not call 911’: Aniah’s parents on the nightmare of not knowing where their daughter is

Yazeed made his first appearance in court in Alabama on Sunday. However, the hearing was closed to reporters. WSFA-TV reports a gag order has been issued in the case, but no documents had been posted by Monday on Alabama’s electronic court record system. It’s unclear if a judge made a decision on bail for Yazeed or whether he has a lawyer who could comment.
Family of missing teen hopeful she will be found alive
I really hate that this bail thing keeps coming up and i’m Going to have a complete meltdown if bail was even discussed.

Yes you can report any crime to crime stoppers and it’s % totally confidential

It is really sad how many people do not know this, through no fault of their own.

The US media could go a long way in promoting Crime Stoppers - and the anonymous confidentiality - by publishing Crime Stoppers details at the base of every article about this type of crime, and mentioning it at the end of every relevant TV report.

I cannot tell you how many articles I have read about Aniah where there is no mention of Crime Stoppers at all.
For some reason in my country our media always publish the Crime Stoppers details at the end of every article about a serious crime where public help is needed. They also always publish Beyond Blue details at the end of every article published about a suicide.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Aniah had any tattoos? I don't remember it being mentioned but a body was found in St. Augustine today that matches her description up until they mentioned the tattoos. St. Augustine is about 7 hours away from Montgomery though so I'm not sure they drove that far if IY was in Pensacola.

The woman is described as a black female, with an age range in her late teens to late 20s. She is about 5 feet, 7 inches tall and 140 pounds with a tattoo of a rose on her upper right thigh.

At this time, deputies have received no reports of missing persons, or significant events in the area that might help to identify the woman.

Woman's body found in Intracoastal Waterway near St. Augustine Shores

Yazeed made his first appearance in court in Alabama on Sunday. However, the hearing was closed to reporters. WSFA-TV reports a gag order has been issued in the case, but no documents had been posted by Monday on Alabama’s electronic court record system. It’s unclear if a judge made a decision on bail for Yazeed or whether he has a lawyer who could comment.
Family of missing teen hopeful she will be found alive
I really hate that this bail thing keeps coming up and i’m Going to have a complete meltdown if bail was even discussed.

Elizabeth White is reporting bond was denied. I would imagine because he violated his previous bond when he was released awaiting trial for the beating of the 77-year-old man that bail would for this charge is entirely off the table, and he will remain in custody on all pending charges.

Elizabeth White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member