Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you all say that IY was going out the door as she was coming in? In the CCTV tape he is standing right behind her as she is walking to the register...I mean, he stops and stays there for a few seconds and doesn't move towards her. Its like he is watching her. This is MOO...but I believe its him behind her because of the clothes and also they didn't show his face at the time.
I've said this from the beginning. He noticed her and stopped! She felt his presence no doubt!

Why do you all say that IY was going out the door as she was coming in? In the CCTV tape he is standing right behind her as she is walking to the register...I mean, he stops and stays there for a few seconds and doesn't move towards her. Its like he is watching her. This is MOO...but I believe its him behind her because of the clothes and also they didn't show his face at the time.
Unless I’m mistaken, she’s not walking toward the register. I think she’s walking straight in from the door, he is walking toward the door from the register. You can see the wet floor sign behind her in the video, and also to his left in the photo released of him. Not saying that means he’s leaving necessarily, but just clarifying the video perspective. I think back in the first thread someone local visited the Chevron and described the layout, I’ll see if I can find it.

I think the Eric theory may be a way to cast reasonable doubt which is why the parents wanted it taken down. Plus they found no evidence to support this theory. An odd element to this case for sure. Moo

Just look at the Jessica Chambers case and the fact that she said “Eric” in her last moments alive cast doubt on anyone not named Eric.
That is a PERFECT example. Thank you!

I do not think the friend or roomate have anything to do with it. She likely took her twitter down bc of all these accusations on line. She is a young girl with a lot in common to Aniah...doubt she is a mastermind criminal culpable of murder or accessory....highly doubt it. A typical girl tweeting to get some love and attention for her loss. no mal-intent...
In Alabama a defendant must consent in writing for a DNA sample to be taken at booking. I cannot imagine IY consenting; so maybe this is why DA has filed a motion to obtain IY's DNA.
It’s mandatory in Alabama that anyone who is arrested for a felony submit DNA. IY has no choice.
http://www.ncsl.org/portals/1/documents/cj/dna/alabama.pdf

Unless I’m mistaken, she’s not walking toward the register. I think she’s walking straight in from the door, he is walking toward the door from the register. You can see the wet floor sign behind her in the video, and also to his left in the photo released of him. Not saying that means he’s leaving necessarily, but just clarifying the video perspective. I think back in the first thread someone local visited the Chevron and described the layout, I’ll see if I can find it.

Yes, Aniah doesn't even have her bag of chips in her hand yet.

I am not sure what the 'legs' behind her are doing ... it sort of looks as though he is walking into the store as well, to me.

Video shows missing college student Aniah Blanchard at store

I'm not sure I agree. From reading Alabama Code 36-18-25, I gather felony arrestee must sign consent voluntarily to have DNA sample taken and also can refuse. Any lawyer want to chime in?

Yes, I can see what you mean.

I imagine there will have to be sufficient cause shown at the hearing for the judge to sign off on a court order requiring him to supply his DNA.

The person shall have the right to refuse to provide a sample pursuant to subdivision (1) or (2) without penalty. The refusal may not be used as evidence against the person in any proceeding.
2013 Code of Alabama :: Title 36 - PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES. :: Chapter 18 - DIRECTOR OF FORENSIC SCIENCES. :: Section 36-18-25 - Collection of DNA samples from convicted persons.

I just read that, too. It is allowed by law. Though the actual statute says he must still give consent in writing. imo

He may challenge the order, but if they have enough evidence I would say that he will be ordered to provide his DNA.

Once the person is convicted the perp is 'routinely ordered' to provide DNA.

Those convicted of crimes are routinely ordered to provide a DNA sample in Alabama ...
U.S. Supreme Court allows DNA testing after arrest, Alabama already has law on books

Her parents and LE have said that there is no evidence that she communicated with anyone other than her roommate that night. There is no evidence that she had plans with anyone. They have accessed her accounts and there is nothing there. She was on her way home from a funeral. She looks sad and tired in that video. She bought chips. I don't think she planned to do anything other than get a snack and go home.

I agree 100%. This was a crime of opportunity. IY may have been looking for a victim, but it wasn't some complicated scenario. IMHO it was a carjacking kind of crime and Aniah was chosen by that because she was alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz