Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Eric theory may be a way to cast reasonable doubt which is why the parents wanted it taken down. Plus they found no evidence to support this theory. An odd element to this case for sure. Moo

Just look at the Jessica Chambers case and the fact that she said “Eric” in her last moments alive cast doubt on anyone not named Eric.

I have trouble putting too much confidence in the witness account.
MOO, the reluctant witness is the 2nd most likely abductor. Maybe he fingered IY to cover for himself and he appeared extremely terrified because of guilt. Maybe he has her locked up in his basement. Maybe I've watched too many crime docutainment shows on TV.
Nonetheless, I am confident it will turn out to be IY. I just hope LE checked out the witness thoroughly. Of course, details we don't have may have eliminated this person pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I think the Eric theory may be a way to cast reasonable doubt which is why the parents wanted it taken down. Plus they found no evidence to support this theory. An odd element to this case for sure. Moo

Just look at the Jessica Chambers case and the fact that she said “Eric” in her last moments alive cast doubt on anyone not named Eric.

Yes. Ms. Jessica Chambers's dying declaration--painfully uttered with her severely fire and heat damaged voice--sounded to first responders like "Eric set me on fire." That seems to have been the root cause of both mistrials of Quinton Tellis.

Can you explain why the twitter friend is suspecious. Her twitter looked like a generic pretty instagram girl craving attention

I also find her to be just attention seeking. I think her posting fun stuff after Aniah went missing made people think she does not care alot, halloween costume etc. But look at Alexis's roommate, all she did was post stuff about finding alexis and turns our she killed her , so we can't really judge people based on their posts. I think she is just tactless. But because the mom said she thinks Aniah was setup and with her then telling the friend to remove that post, plsu her previous actions on social media, people find her suspicious. She was also one of the first person to say she was last seen with Eric she met on a dating app.

I'm confused.... why don't they already have this from priors on him? Maybe I just don't understand how it works.... Seems like he's been in the system long enough to have had dna taken before.
I've been reading about this but I find it all pretty confusing. Here's some info about DNA collection: http://www.ncsl.org/Documents/cj/ArresteeDNALaws.pdf

I wonder if they hadn't gotten a court order for his DNA earlier in this case because they had no DNA to compare it to in/on anything related to the crime. Maybe new evidence that they are trying to link to someone?

This is an interesting theory, and hits on something that I hadn't quite figured out how to articulate. If we're thinking that IY is the person by the door at the Chevron when Aniah walks in, and that he is on the way out the door, it's hard for me to figure out what happened. He would have barely had time to see her, and then maybe just a minute or two to get ready to abduct her. I tend to overthink things, but in my mind, this presents some weird practical challenges. He needs to know which car is hers. He needs to know if there are other people in her car (boyfriend, husband, kids, friends, dog). Whoever else is in the car he arrived in (accomplice, we're assuming) needs to know that he's about to kidnap this girl and leave in another car, which can't have been planned ahead of time if he didn't even see her until after he was in the store. She is much smaller than he is, so if he shoves her into her car (passenger seat or back seat), he probably has to adjust the drivers seat before he can even fit. What keeps her from just getting back out of the car? Then he has to figure out where he's taking her. He doesn't strike me as a great plan-on-the-fly kind of guy, so this just feels like a lot to pull off during what would have apparently been a normal trip to the gas station for him.

On the other hand, if this was a set up, I can't figure out how he's already in the store. It's not a place you hang out and wait. I can't think of any scenario where he knew she was going to be there and was planning to specifically take her, and was already in the store and on the way out the door when she walked in.

The other possibility is that it's not him leaving in the video when she arrives, which would open up more scenarios and also add another potential witness/POI to the list. That person should be clearly on video and known to LE if it's not IY. It's so hard to tell for sure, but in the video of her, you can actually see some of that person's shirt/jacket around 0:01 and it doesn't look to be the Vans sweatshirt. Maybe just poor video quality, but interesting.

So I think your idea of them possibly having some interaction prior to the abduction is a good one. I've wondered all along if she potentially offered a ride to someone at the Chevron who said they were having car trouble. None of the carjacking-at-the-Chevron theories have completely fit in my mind, and I have trouble putting too much confidence in the witness account. All just MOO.
I’m glad you took the time to articulate all those thoughts. I agree. Hanging out in store only if he had relationship with clerk.. I.e. dealing drugs to clerk.

Hmm I didn’t know about that... did she use the name Eric? Maybe this perp followed that case?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member