Longtime Canadian NHL sportscaster, Don Cherry, fired by Sportsnet

It is sad to see him end his career this way. But he is 85 ... like he should've retired 20 years ago IMO.

Age is no excuse for ignorance and spreading hatred. So valid decision imo.

There was an elderly toxic rape culture judge in Montana who said something so out of line during a rape trial, that he was "allowed to retire" after the trial. He was honored later for his years of service. It was beyond disgusting. He should have been publicly terminated and all of his previous rape trials reviewed.

The Montana Judge Who Blamed a 14-Year-Old for Her Own Rape Will be Censured

"Age is no excuse for ignorance and spreading hatred.". Well said.

Age is no excuse for ignorance and spreading hatred. So valid decision imo.

I disagree that he is ignorant or "spreading hatred." Imo, veterans are to be respected. Period. I love what he said and only regret that he was able to say it only because he's too old to be impacted by cancel culture and getting "fired" doesn't mean anything when you're 85. Bravo, Mr. Cherry.

R
There was an elderly toxic rape culture judge in Montana who said something so out of line during a rape trial, that he was "allowed to retire" after the trial. He was honored later for his years of service. It was beyond disgusting. He should have been publicly terminated and all of his previous rape trials reviewed.

The Montana Judge Who Blamed a 14-Year-Old for Her Own Rape Will be Censured

"Age is no excuse for ignorance and spreading hatred.". Well said.

Rape of a child and respect for veterans are like beyond different ballparks...more like separate planets.

My Parents met him several times and my own family met him once. I cant say enough good about him. I'm just so sad about it.

Apparently he would go into a fabric store. Pick out a fabric and voila the jacket was made lol I sure loved his shirts and ties.

If I am remembering right I think his wife Rose did a lot of his sewing when she was alive.

Global news is taking this to the 10th degree. So I am not watching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back