CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
4780.gif

Day 9 of the Trial.

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?

Here now but lot's of errands to run today, will check back as often as I can!

I suspect KB started growing suspicious of PF. Her Pinterest posts tell me she knew the honeymoon was over. The cracks in the relationship could no longer be ignored, things he said just weren't adding up, perhaps she even caught him in small lies. Who knows. I think KB hoped for the best but ultimately knew he wasn't the person who he said he was. We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry for love.
Those quotes on her Pinterest are extremely telling... I think the picture was becoming clearer -- he was a philandering abuser who was gaslighting her. This case has many hallmarks of classic DV / abuse. She probably loved him dearly in her heart but recognized he was not to be trusted. That's just my opinion as a woman who has dated a PF type. Whatever story he was peddling about being non-committal was long past it's due date. She wasn't seeing any real action on PF's part to change those circumstances, and I think PF knew he was losing his grip and stood a real chance of being outed to everyone in his life as a lying piece of excrement when she inevitably won sole custody and took that baby away from him. MOO MOO
Agree with your post. I always wondered why she would buy a townhouse by herself. If she and PF were engaged, I
would think purchasing a home together would be something that would have happened, especially if she is moving many mikes away to be with him. I imagine she wasn't getting the feedback she needed from him that he was committed to her.

I also wondered what kind of man would send his girlfriend and baby to go out after midnight to get him medicine at Walmart. I'd take baking soda at home before I sent my husband and kids out at that late hour jusfor me. I can imagine KB probably thought on her 30 minute drive at 3 am with her baby, " What am I doing with this guy?"

Did I miss it? Any mention in testimony thus far about the robbery aspect of the murder and that particular charge?

Her phone. He took her phone and I think the prosecution proved that. And since he said he returned the gun and keys, and we know that KK had them. Add that to the list.

There was much discussion on the threads if that charge would be correct if she was already dead when he took them, dunno.

Her phone. He took her phone and I think the prosecution proved that. And since he said he returned the gun and keys, and we know that KK had them. Add that to the list.

There was much discussion on the threads if that charge would be correct if she was already dead when he took them, dunno.

BBM
I can't tell you how many times I misread this! Lol. Somehow, I kept reading this as , "well, duh" instead of "dunno". :p
It's another felony committed while having committed another felony...murder.

also her PURSE was taken.
Were there checks in her purse? I'll bet there were.

Agree with your post. I always wondered why she would buy a townhouse by herself. If she and PF were engaged, I
would think purchasing a home together would be something that would have happened, especially if she is moving many mikes away to be with him. I imagine she wasn't getting the feedback she needed from him that he was committed to her.

I also wondered what kind of man would send his girlfriend and baby to go out after midnight to get him medicine at Walmart. I'd take baking soda at home before I sent my husband and kids out at that late hour jusfor me. I can imagine KB probably thought on her 30 minute drive at 3 am with her baby, " What am I doing with this guy?"
BBM. Probably the same kind of man who would kick her out of his and his Ma’s home when she says she’s pregnant. This woman who moved half a country to be with him and has no ties, no family, no friends in that area. Probably also the same kind of man that would gaslight her, tell people lies about her, blindfold her and smash her in the face with a bat and then burn the body. That kinda guy.

Reading through KB's Pinterest.
She pinned "Don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace"

I hope we get to hear from a witness that KB talked to regarding what she was going through with PF. We've heard all this horrible insults PF slung around. I am more interested in what she had to say.

4780.gif

Day 9 of the Trial.

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?

Just want to say I am here for Kelsey, for her lovely baby, and for her family.

I'm sure the jury will send PF behind bars for life. Though I know the deal was necessary, I hope with all my heart that KK gets the maximum sentence of 3 years. She has not just committed something like a theft, but she has committed a serious crime. That would be justice.

I would like to contribute more, but since I am out of practice in English, I limit myself to reading. However, I appreciate every poster. You are really amazing.

#Justice for Kelsey#

Just want to say I am here for Kelsey, for her lovely baby, and for her family.

I'm sure the jury will send PF behind bars for life. Though I know the deal was necessary, I hope with all my heart that KK gets the maximum sentence of 3 years. She has not just committed something like a theft, but she has committed a serious crime. That would be justice.

I would like to contribute more, but since I am out of practice in English, I limit myself to reading. However, I appreciate every poster. You are really amazing.

#Justice for Kelsey#

I don't know what KK will get, but many people go to prison for doing a lot less. She got a deal that is very rare. IMO. I can say that I hope and pray I never end up in a hospital and open my eyes to find her as my nurse. Seems like she could become a liability for any healthcare facility.

I don't know what KK will get, but many people go to prison for doing a lot less. She got a deal that is very rare. IMO. I can say that I hope and pray I never end up in a hospital and open my eyes to find her as my nurse. Seems like she could become a liability for any healthcare facility.
A lol with my cup of tea this morning, the horror, Thanks.

I hope that KB's family had some input in accepting a plea deal from KK, and that it was done to get the baby safely and swiftly into their hands.

I don't want them to suffer from the added injustice of KK getting a light sentence. She didn't just "tamper with evidence", she OBLITERATED evidence. She used her nursing knowledge to take hydrogen peroxide bleach to evidence... she destroyed cell phones.... but most damning, she participating in obliterating KB.... destroying DNA evidence. If she was so afraid of PF, she could have saved that tooth. As insurance. So, in my opinion, while her testimony gave LE the timeline and the locations necessary for a conviction, she also SINGLE-HANDEDLY jeopardized that same conviction by removing evidence, destroying evidence and delaying justice.

If she had an actual conscience, she would've called LE on Thanksgiving night, while girded by her family and hundreds of safe miles away from PF, and tipped them off to KB's house. PF would've been in police custody by morning, and KB's body recovered by lunchtime. No fire, no question.

On behalf of KB's family, I can't forgive that.

MOO MOO MOO

Anyone curious how the prosecution will do their closing? We haven't heard from DB yet. I'm wondering if they'll bring everything back around full circle and have DB take the stand to end things on a personal level. :-(

Besides PF, there was only one eye and ear witness to the events on Thanksgiving Day, 2018. But she was too young to talk.

Perhaps she should get her day in court.

Just one word is all it would take.

"Mommy."

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads