CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate? How is it possible to rely “too much” on something as definitive as DNA? To me that would be like saying we put too much stock in surveillance video...
If a crime can only be solved WITH DNA we're not going to be too successful in solving future crimes because perps are getting forensic savvy. Look at this case. Fire and clorox. The fire and clorox are evidence that an attempt was made to conceal dna. Fire and clorox is imo evidence IN LIEU OF a body and blood. We have to look at all the pieces and connect the dots. (Anyways, they were able to solve crimes b4 we had dna).
The crime evidence in this case isn't like a 25 dot puzzle. It's more like a 1,000+ dot puzzle. There were no eyewitnesses, but the dots are closely connected. Every dot representing evidence. Just my layman's opinion

At this time, based on past trials I have followed, I will agree to disagree respectfully.

@gitana1, are Law enforcement synopsis has been shown in court based on a plethora of 15 Witnesses to do a time frame allowed to be taking back to the deliberation room which they created from everybody else's testimony?
All good, just curious myself. From my understanding, jmo, this was an expert in a strategic communications role, the FBI requested his help here, who was brought in on the case for the purpose of constructing a digital timeline and created a document. So is this more like his "report" rather than a synopsis? Can that be entered as evidence?

As an aside, Sam said the purpose of creating this was actually for LE so they could go to ONE document and find what they needed instead of sifting through multiple documents looking for a time.

It's about 1:12:00-ish of the video:

Under these awful circumstances the tender and human thing to have done was for SF to reach out to CB. In reality there no evidence SF extended any kindness to CB.
CB's harrowing and agonizing interview shows a woman that has had her granddaughter deliberately withheld.
In her interview, she was asked, “Are you going to try to see your granddaughter.” She paused and said “I don’t know.” CB realized that it wasn’t prudent until a court order was in place.

There may be many, many reasons to vilify SF. Fighting for custody is one of those. But the argument that “she blocked CB from seeing KB2” is probably the weakest of the many reasons, is the point I wanted to make.

Found the part of Sam's video. He said:
The state called Kevin Clark. A senior criminal intelligence analyst. The FBI requested his help here.

"Basically what he did, was he made this timeline, which was a digital document, that they blew up, on to these very, very large poster boards."

Maps it out from November 22 all the way through December 4. Clark was reading every single data point to the jury and even Sam couldn't keep up.

"And the jury is going to have these boards to see and use in deliberations. The defense actually tried to object to him reading every single point after he read his first posters, broken up into like five. Judge overruled, because Viehman said it's fair, they are explaining how all of this came to be."
Bam!
Bam!
Bam!!

In her interview, she was asked, “Are you going to try to see your granddaughter.” She paused and said “I don’t know.” CB realized that it wasn’t prudent until a court order was in place.

There may be many, many reasons to vilify SF. Fighting for custody is one of those. But the argument that “she blocked CB from seeing KB2” is probably the weakest of the many reasons, is the point I wanted to make.
It is not the weakest.
CB was very very calculated in what she said and how she said it. Her granddaughter was still in PF's hands.
Nothing that I have seen from CB is weak either.
She is a strong piece of steel under the cruel pressure.

I'm kind of hoping CB doesn't attend closing arguments - she doesn't need to hear all his evil deeds IMO.
True.

But make no mistake, Steigerwald and Porter are also hoping that CB doesn't attend closing arguments.

They don't want CB's to be the face that jurors are left with in their minds' eyes as they go back to deliberate.

It's completely understandable if CB chooses not to be there.
It's awful enough that she had to testify, and point out the evil monster who murdered her daughter in court.

I do think it will do yet more damage to to the defense having KB's mom in that courtroom during closing arguments, though.

It will be interesting to hear whether or not she's there at the end.
I predict she'll be there.

JMO.

Last edited:
Under these awful circumstances the tender and human thing to have done was for SF to reach out to CB. In reality there no evidence SF extended any kindness to CB.
CB's harrowing and agonizing interview shows a woman that has had her granddaughter deliberately withheld.
SF extended no kindness to CB

It is not the weakest.
CB was very very calculated in what she said and how she said it. Her granddaughter was still in PF's hands.
She is a strong piece of steel under the cruel pressure.
I didn’t say anything about CB was weak. I said if someone were listing reasons to hate SF, there’s a whole lot of stronger ones than this supposed “blocking” of CB from visiting her granddaughter. It would have been unwise for either party to try to do that without LE being there, and LE can’t get involved unless there is a court order.

So if we are talking about SF, I’m gonna be talking about her kicking a pregnant woman out of her house. And then making custody a court fight.

Interesting that they had such a tight group of police blocking the vehicle/entrance this morning. Wonder what that was all about? Who was that young man in a suit that jumps out of the passenger side and enters the tent about 36 seconds in? PF's lawyer? Secret service? Maybe it's the surprise witness? MOO.
I believe they fear someone will sniper him. Even the justice system wants him alive to hear the guilty verdict.

I didn’t say anything about CB was weak. I said if someone were listing reasons to hate SF, there’s a whole lot of stronger ones than this supposed “blocking” of CB from visiting her granddaughter. It would have been unwise for either party to try to do that without LE being there, and LE can’t get involved unless there is a court order.

So if we are talking about SF, I’m gonna be talking about her kicking a pregnant woman out of her house. And then making custody a court fight.
You make very good points.

It is not the weakest.
She is a strong piece of steel under the cruel pressure
Agreed.^^^

Kelsey's mother and the rest of her family have shown much intestinal fortitude.
For his lies alone about Kelsey --- I'd have wanted to verbally go off on PF and call him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare