CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't bail usually paid in cash? Unless SF showed up in person, how could LE prove who is the source of the cash?

JMO

Bail is documented, as the person who puts it up is on the hook for it if the defendant fails to appear.

It would take a second to figure out who posted bail (for people with the appropriate credentials).

That’s really not the issue though. The issue is who arranged for it to occur, which could be found by either talking to the person who posted it, or listening to a recording of PF’s phone call (if it was arranged that way).

He would have used the jail phone, which would have been subject to recording. The jurors heard one of those phone calls during trial, when PF called JM to express concern about law enforcement potentially searching the barn at Nash.

Oops.

This is actually another classic PF moment that rivals the tp letters.
I like to imagine it going something like this:

PF to JM: "You realize this is being recorded, right?"

JM to PF: "Yep!"

PF to JM: "Okay, good. We need to talk about the barn at Nash Ranch. Does it look like anything's been disturbed at all in there, specifically, the bale of hay that's up on stacks and appears hugely discolored with a dark blackish stain?" Just curious. No real reason for me bringing this up right now...just making idle chit-chat.

JM to PF: "No, it doesn't look like anything's been moved or anything."

PF to JM: "Great! How's the cash cow, I mean, your wife, doing? You guys got anything planned for this weekend, say specifically, Friday night around 2:30 a.m.? You guys going to be out of town or will you be at home in bed sleeping in the master bedroom, or what? Asking for a friend."

JMO.

In my humble opinion, the prosecution has delivered everything necessary for the jury to find PF guilty of First Degree murder of KB. I have been following this case since Kelsey was reported missing. I have participated in this thread and read all of the posts. There have been occasions where I’ve had to ‘bite my tongue’ and scroll and roll ... but mostly I am thoroughly impressed with my fellow sleuthers.

I believe Karma works and KK is on her own journey which will be undoubtedly difficult in a myriad of ways. What will be will be ... I will never understand or relate to her willingness to clean up PFs mess but I am grateful for her willingness to eventually tell her version of events that have so expertly been supported by clear, concrete, irrefutable evidence.

I too am looking forward to closing arguments on Monday and to hearing the Guilty verdict confidently delivered by the jury.

What happens after...I pray that SFs journey includes her just dessert whatever that turns out to be.

Most importantly now, may the Berreth family be blessed with healing hearts through the joy that Baby K will bring day after day ... year after year.

And maybe ... one more thing ... could Dan May please go to Connecticut? There is a lovely family over there ... and 5 small children who really need his help.

MOO
I love this post and I'm waving to the fine sleuthers here who gave many months to this case!
I have one addition.....
Could Dan May, after he finishes that task in Connecticut,
please run for national office?!

Had the prosecution merely had what was in the arrest affidavit, I was convinced that would be enough.

They had so much more at trial, and the defense either failed to refute it, or didn’t bother trying.

Every single aspect of KK’s testimony was fully supported by physical and digital evidence, as well as numerous independent witnesses.

It’s clear why the defense didn’t try to paint her as a killer, as there was both no evidence to support that, and definitive proof that she wasn’t.

We know who did it, when he did it, how he did it, and have a decent idea why he did it.

We knew going in that this guy was both incredibly evil, and among the dumbest murderers ever to walk the planet.

We now know that not only is that accurate, but it’s understating things.

Massively.
What are the chances Monday morning we have a guilty plea? Is that even possible at this late stage? The reason I’m asking is does he want to lose control now to the jury? I think this murder was about control and I’m wondering if he wants to have that last little bit ?
IMo

Finally caught up.

Truly devastating to read that they think KB was hit 10-15 times. And the dents in the floor.... I can’t think about that visual. He’s a monster. :(

I had truly hoped that some of the blood tested items at the franch would have tested positive for KB’s DNA, guess not.

I REALLY hoped we’d at least hear about PF’s boots.

I’m confident PF will be found guilty. Praying hard he is and he gets the max sentence. I also wish other things on PF but I can’t mention them here, short of hoping he has to say “Bubba...please stop”....repeatedly.
I would guess that he burned the boots. KK must have told him his foot prints were all over. She burned all of her clothes including shoes. Frazee had a lot of time tending the fire to debate whether to burn/not burn.

And you think PF, sitting in jail, has memorized the addresses of people like Michelle Stein? I certainly don't believe that at all.

JMO
We don't know if PF provided the addresses. He gave the guy his mother's phone number. He could have called her for that information if he had any intention of carrying it out.

Imo

Finally caught up with reading every single EXCELLENT post after post. As stated upthread, it is amazing after all that’s been presented that some wouldn’t believe PF was guilty if the murder were shown filmed live on video.

Oh man, PF has to be up for a Darwin Award at this point. The paper towel hit list is as ridiculous as the bank robber who wrote his demand for money on his own deposit slip. Writing death threats on paper towels? Including the mother of the victim and the head of CBI? If the nature of this crime weren’t so sobering, Bounty paper towel company might want to use this stuff in a parody commercial.

Ah and Ma F.... I was one of the whiners that really wanted Ma F on the stand. Well, what poetic justice that in a sense, she ended up on the stand after all, on a paper towel. Penned by none other than PF himself. Dang...that’s just so good.

And someone bonded out Mr Doe. Hmmm. Wonder who? I sure do still hope to see Ma F back in court, but this time sitting in the defendants seat.
Loved every word but Darwin Award slayed me! o_O

My understanding is that the defense cross examined the John Doe Witness. They did not cross examine Slater.

ETA:

The defense did not cross-examine Slater.

The prosecution then said they would rest their case. The defense — after confirming that Frazee would not testify — also rested without bringing up any witnesses.

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses
The defense didn't need to cross-examine Slater because he admitted he isn't a handwriting "expert."

JMO

BBM. Respectfully, I don't believe you are accurate. I do believe there was cross examination by the defense. By reporters' tweets and news reports, we know that there was a meeting with the judge behind closed doors. To me, that is a strong indication the defense objected to the testimony before it began. I also know that Agent Slater admitted he isn't a handwriting expert. If he's not a handwriting expert, he didn't "authenticate" the letters. The inmate witness admitted he considered selling the letters on ebay. Through defense cross-examination, he admitted he wanted a plea deal and a lighter sentence.

I think the defense will be reminding the jury of the relevant facts about the lack of forensic evidence during closing arguments. After all, the jury was present at the trial and taking notes. It would not surprise me if at least some of them have the same concerns as posters have expressed here.

JMO

Gregg Slater, investigator for Colorado Bureau of Investigations testifies that he recognizes Frazee's handwriting based on other pieces of evidence collected. Although he adnits he's not a handwriting expert.

Former inmate testifies in Patrick Frazee trial

The defense didn't need to cross-examine Slater because he admitted he isn't a handwriting "expert."

JMO

I was responding to your own statement that you believed there was cross examination by the defense.

JMO
There were a million angles to attack, if the defense wanted to push the narrative that this witness had forged the letters.

Handwriting is just one of them. They didn’t do that. Not with Slater, and not with the snitch.

Finally caught up.

Truly devastating to read that they think KB was hit 10-15 times. And the dents in the floor.... I can’t think about that visual. He’s a monster. :(

I had truly hoped that some of the blood tested items at the franch would have tested positive for KB’s DNA, guess not.

I REALLY hoped we’d at least hear about PF’s boots.

I’m confident PF will be found guilty. Praying hard he is and he gets the max sentence. I also wish other things on PF but I can’t mention them here, short of hoping he has to say “Bubba...please stop”....repeatedly.

Learning about the bat dents in the floor helps us realize the extent of Patrick's rage.

To have struck at Kelsey on that floor and missed? Think about it....he missed her twice and hit the floor instead.

Was she crawling away?

He was completely out of control.

AND that he was texting/flirting/planning potential dates/meet ups with other chics as she's being called to come clean up his murder scene mess! Now she finds out she's on a hit list, given to a prison gang member (well former despite the permanent face tattoo), along with her best friend and entire extended family. And some charming description words of the way he wanted to see her dead. I don't know if there is even a prison sentence you can impose on her that would have as shattering of an impact as that.
Agree there- probably the best and worst sentence at the same time, that someone like her could ever be given.

If she had called LE and reported Patrick and told them there might be a murdered woman in her condo, to please check on that woman, then I would say, ok, she has a conscious. Nope, she didn't do that, came down and cleaned up, got the tote with Kelsey's body, helped him burn the tote, took her gun and gave it to a high school friend, burned Kelsey's phone and a burner phone in her ex-husband's yard in an area where they usually don't burn, and lied to LE before her lawyer got her a sweet deal.

She's a narc, too, in my eyes. Even in mug photos, she looked defiant and angry, not sobbing or contrite.

Last edited:
We don't know if PF provided the addresses. He gave the guy his mother's phone number. He could have called her for that information if he had any intention of carrying it out.

Imo
No evidence that he called SF or that PF ever discussed this "hit" plan with his mother, is there? Not that I've seen.
JMO

JMO

If I were in PF's shoes and I really was innocent and I thought I was being railroaded by corrupt LE and/or incompetent counsel and potentially facing LWOP, I would have taken the stand and gotten my 'innocent' explanation for the evidence on record.

After all, if he is innocent and genuinely doesn't know what happened to KB, he's the best person to explain why he was in and out of her condo multiple times on Thanksgiving Day. He can explain the evidence that he had KB's phone in his possession for days. He could explain his lies about his actions (those on camera) and his whereabouts on Thanksgiving Day and the day after.

Or he could hold his tongue and risk LWOP because the defense doesn't have an obligation to 'prove' anything, forgetting that one way to defend one's self is to provide irrefutable facts and evidence demonstrating one's innocence.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution. Which is why they brought forth the letters, and had the witness who received the letters testify to that, under oath.
The jury can decide who the think is more credible. Since they already caught PF in many lies, they might be more apt to believe the jail house witness.

The witness called the defense team back in October. So he had these letters back then already, before the trial began, and before all those people were named in the news.

Hard to believe how the jailhouse witness would know SF's cell number.

He must be a psychic?

He would have used the jail phone, which would have been subject to recording. The jurors heard one of those phone calls during trial, when PF called JM to express concern about law enforcement potentially searching the barn at Nash.

Oops.

And he expressed that he knew it was being recorded.

Bonus stupidity points! :D

My family did the tooth fairy too. Not the tooth in the fire though. Tooth fairy didn’t drop that one there.

You're right about the tooth found in the fire pit and thought to be Kelsey's. I was referring to the teeth found in an envelope inside the house. Some WS members believe that those teeth are evidence of other murders that PF has committed. They could be right or it could have a simple explanation.

Five Teeth, Potentially Bloody Sheet Found In Search Of Patrick Frazee’s Home, Court Records Show

Five teeth, potentially bloody sheet found in search of Patrick Frazee’s home, court records show – The Denver Post

They also found "four teeth in a small envelope" and a fifth tooth held separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname