Strange howl heard in Ontario forest, recorded in viral video stumps experts,Oct 3 2019

dotr

Reaction score
Strange howl heard in Ontario forest, recorded in viral videos stumps experts, hunters
"Two videos of a mysterious howl in the northern Ontario forest have gone viral, but many are unsure of what the noise could be.

Gino Meekis, a 39-year-old who lives in Sioux Lookout, was out hunting grouse with his wife and grandson on Oct. 3 when they heard the sound and captured it on video.

“We walked down this trail,” Meekis told Global News.

“For maybe 10 to 15 minutes, we walked down, then we turned around and were walking back to our vehicle, and about 500 metres from our vehicle, that’s when we started hearing the screaming.”
"Biologists with Ontario’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry are also not sure what the sound could be"

"Meekis said he’s spoken to elders and more experienced hunters and has showed them the video. “They really don’t know what is,” he said."

"me, my wife and grandson went grouse hunting about 45km from Sioux Lookout Ontario, Canada when we heard these screams, it lasted for around 5 minutes but we only got 3:05 minutes of video and we have 2:15 minutes of it here. happened on October 3, 2019 at 6:50pm CST."

In all seriousness is anyone up for searching that "Missing 411" map that dude put out wit all those books?

In all seriousness is anyone up for searching that "Missing 411" map that dude put out wit all those books?
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent...-s-no-harm-believing-it-says-author-1.5360698
Nov 15, 2019

"There's nothing wrong with believing in the sasquatch, according to a writer who has tracked the mythical beast's role in human culture.

In fact, he argues, there's almost a beauty in it.

"You have this creature, or this species of beings that are out there living wildly — and in a sense they're kind of free of the nettlesome, cumbersome dictates of our civilization," said John Zada, author of In the Valleys of the Noble Beyond: In Search of the Sasquatch.

"I don't necessarily think that it's a harmful thing to have these sorts of stories in our culture and in our society," he told The Current's interim host Laura Lynch.

Debate over the existence of the sasquatch was reignited after a hunter in northern Ontario captured some strange screams in the forest last month, and posted the footage online."

After a few moments, he decided to leave because he could "hear something walking in the woods, quite a distance away."

"I'm still wondering what I heard. I listen to that video every day," he said.

According to Zada, people online have theorized that the sound may have come from wolves or moose, or it could have been another sound that had been echoed or distorted beyond recognition.

"There could be some kind of a more mundane explanation for it, because sound can behave in strange sorts of ways," he said. "

But he added that the area Meekis was in — and the area from northern Ontario into Manitoba — is "certainly known for sasquatch reports."

People have reported hearing a "hybrid of roar-scream-howl that shows some kind of really, really powerful lung capacity, and strength and volume," he said."

He described it as "a fairly remote area ... of unfathomable beauty, pristine, forest-mountain ecosystem, and it's also the home of a number of First Nations communities."

old-growth-rainforest-in-british-columbia.jpg

John Zada says Indigenous communities in B.C.'s rainforest region have stories of sasquatch-like creatures that date back centuries. (Credit: Andrew Bruce Lau)

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent...-s-no-harm-believing-it-says-author-1.5360698
Nov 15, 2019

"There's nothing wrong with believing in the sasquatch, according to a writer who has tracked the mythical beast's role in human culture.

In fact, he argues, there's almost a beauty in it.

"You have this creature, or this species of beings that are out there living wildly — and in a sense they're kind of free of the nettlesome, cumbersome dictates of our civilization," said John Zada, author of In the Valleys of the Noble Beyond: In Search of the Sasquatch.

"I don't necessarily think that it's a harmful thing to have these sorts of stories in our culture and in our society," he told The Current's interim host Laura Lynch.

Debate over the existence of the sasquatch was reignited after a hunter in northern Ontario captured some strange screams in the forest last month, and posted the footage online."

After a few moments, he decided to leave because he could "hear something walking in the woods, quite a distance away."

"I'm still wondering what I heard. I listen to that video every day," he said.

According to Zada, people online have theorized that the sound may have come from wolves or moose, or it could have been another sound that had been echoed or distorted beyond recognition.

"There could be some kind of a more mundane explanation for it, because sound can behave in strange sorts of ways," he said. "

But he added that the area Meekis was in — and the area from northern Ontario into Manitoba — is "certainly known for sasquatch reports."

People have reported hearing a "hybrid of roar-scream-howl that shows some kind of really, really powerful lung capacity, and strength and volume," he said."

He described it as "a fairly remote area ... of unfathomable beauty, pristine, forest-mountain ecosystem, and it's also the home of a number of First Nations communities."

old-growth-rainforest-in-british-columbia.jpg

John Zada says Indigenous communities in B.C.'s rainforest region have stories of sasquatch-like creatures that date back centuries. (Credit: Andrew Bruce Lau)

Heck I believe in Sasquatch, the Jersey Devil, Big Foot. Name it.

There's just too much out there we don't know about. Plus I have a friend lives in The Pine Barrens. I rather walk a Philly street than go in them Pines.

Albeit I'd be more afraid of that mose.

interesting
this is enough to make me wanna hook up my new speakers
the old ones are messed up and would distort the sound too much

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads