GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

When Did They Marry?

@BeckyF :) Thanks for the confirmation.
More info from zillow* makes me think of a school mate from yrs ago who on graduation got married w plans for starting a large family and bought a 5 bed/4 bath/3 car garage in a lovely suburban neighborhood. Sadly before their second wedding anniversary, her husband died of a bolt-from-out-of-the blue-cancer. No children.

With 2300 sq ft., 4/3/2 home, I wonder if Jennifer & Beau planned to have children. Potential source of differences, if not clarified before marriage? Horribly sad for her, families, friends, everyone. jmo.

--------------------------------------------------
* "https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12644...Jennifer Rothwell disappearance: Husband Beau charged with murder as search continues
12644 Northwinds Dr , Saint Louis, MO 63146-4506 is currently not for sale. The 2,303 sq. ft. single-family home is a 4 bed, 3.0 bath property. This home was built in 1968 and last sold on 3/29/2018 for $347,000." bbm
Sept. 2015 according to this article. Jennifer Rothwell disappearance: Husband Beau charged with murder as search continues

Does anyone local know if they have been searching over the weekend?
I feel certain they have been but I have no personal knowledge. There have been no updates from LE since the husband's arrest. And as the days go by, well we all know the chances are slimmer that she will be found. There are lots of places in the area to dispose of a body.

I have a Chris Watts feeling here. Early in their relationship (from pics I saw on FB), he appeared somewhat nerdy and computer geeky. Recent pics in past couple of years, he looked much more handsome and self confident.
Reminds me of CW.

I have a Chris Watts feeling here. Early in their relationship (from pics I saw on FB), he appeared somewhat nerdy and computer geeky. Recent pics in past couple of years, he looked much more handsome and self confident.
Reminds me of CW.

EXACTLY what I have been thinking...............

Yes, reminds me also of Chris Watts and also Scott Peterson. I think because the husband's Facebook post, "Last night my wife Jennifer went missing" was sooo immediately suspicious and very reminiscent of what Scott Peterson had said to Laci's mother. How does someone even "go missing" ?

I remember Laci's mom also saying that phrase struck her as an odd choice of words.

SHARON ROCHA, MOTHER OF LACI S. PETERSON: And he said, hi, Mom. He said, is Laci over there? And I said, no. And he said, well, Laci is missing. And I thought that it was odd that he said Laci is missing. Any other time, you would have heard, I don‘t know where she is or I can‘t find her or something to that effect. I said, Laci is missing? I knew immediately by hearing the word missing that something terrible had happened.

'The Abrams Report' for Nov. 12

The story baffles me (It’s local) in that very little info has been shared. For example, no mention if she was at work Monday. This is important because Monday evening was crazy traffic wise because we had snow and ice. Most people got home late. If he killed her Monday night, it would be very risky to be on the roads and not a whole heck of a lot f time. The highway (I-70) that goes to where he used to live (near Columbia) was shut down for hours due to an accident. I just don’t believe he’d get very far. There is a large park (Creve Coeur) with a lake, etc. I just wonder if they’re just keeping everything so quiet because they have recovered her body. I didn’t see anything local about a public search. This will be an interesting see to follow.

For those interested, I drove by the house and around the neighborhood tonight, and saw nothing unusual. It’s dark out, the house was dark, but I also noticed that there aren’t many streetlights around there, so in addition to the weather being so bad Monday, it would have been easy to dump things wherever without being seen.

I think it’s really odd that LE still isn’t asking for public help with the search and she still isn’t listed on Namus or any other sites.

The story baffles me (It’s local) in that very little info has been shared. For example, no mention if she was at work Monday. This is important because Monday evening was crazy traffic wise because we had snow and ice. Most people got home late. If he killed her Monday night, it would be very risky to be on the roads and not a whole heck of a lot f time. The highway (I-70) that goes to where he used to live (near Columbia) was shut down for hours due to an accident. I just don’t believe he’d get very far. There is a large park (Creve Coeur) with a lake, etc. I just wonder if they’re just keeping everything so quiet because they have recovered her body. I didn’t see anything local about a public search. This will be an interesting see to follow.

I’m local too and keep suspecting she’s in the MO river and think they know. Or some other body of water and they have to just wait for her to float. At first I thought they might actually have her at weren’t saying, but at this point, that would just be a cruel thing to do to her family.

I’m local too and keep suspecting she’s in the MO river and think they know. Or some other body of water and they have to just wait for her to float. At first I thought they might actually have her at weren’t saying, but at this point, that would just be a cruel thing to do to her family.

I believe LE knows this is a recovery effort now and they will be cautious not to risk the health and safety of their personnel in dire conditions. Snow and ice can lead to more tragedy.

Extending warmth to JR's family and friends.

I believe LE knows this is a recovery effort now and they will be cautious not to risk the health and safety of their personnel in dire conditions. Snow and ice can lead to more tragedy.

Extending warmth to JR's family and friends.

Exactly. And with you with the warmth to them. They deserve to have her back.

Possible Search Locales?
.... There is a large park (Creve Coeur) with a lake, etc. I just wonder if they’re just keeping everything so quiet because they have recovered her body. I didn’t see anything local about a public search..
@Lyn71 :) sbm Interesting that you mentioned Creve Coeur Lake Park.* Pretty close to their home. W an asphalt walking/bicycling path around the lake, seems like an accidental discovery of her remains, if in the water, would not be surprising. Lots of other activities there. Out of season for golf course, ball fields? Plus ppl using those facilities prob'ly stay close to those facilities. If in another area of the park, hikers might find.

Missouri River, also close to their home. Some areas along river maybe not so heavily trafficked by hikers or other pedestrians. Any/much recreational boating this time of year?

For either of ^ possibilities, is there convenient access for driving a car close to water?

----------------------------------------------------
* " ... 2,145-acre [park]...lake, which is 320 acres (1.3 km2)...."
Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park - Wikipedia

I believe LE knows this is a recovery effort now and they will be cautious not to risk the health and safety of their personnel in dire conditions. Snow and ice can lead to more tragedy....
@Seattle1 :) sbm I did a quickie search, trying to find Search and Rescue org affiliated w St. L County MO gov.
Got lots of results for St. Louis County MN.:( Will try again later.

Possible Search Locales?
@Lyn71 :) sbm Interesting that you mentioned Creve Coeur Lake Park.* Pretty close to their home. W an asphalt walking/bicycling path around the lake, seems like an accidental discovery of her remains, if in the water, would not be surprising. Lots of other activities there. Out of season for golf course, ball fields? Plus ppl using those facilities prob'ly stay close to those facilities. If in another area of the park, hikers might find.

Missouri River, also close to their home. Some areas along river maybe not so heavily trafficked by hikers or other pedestrians. Any/much recreational boating this time of year?

For either of ^ possibilities, is there convenient access for driving a car close to water?

----------------------------------------------------
* " ... 2,145-acre [park]...lake, which is 320 acres (1.3 km2)...."
Creve Coeur Lake Memorial Park - Wikipedia

I know I’m not the person you’re replying to, but Creve Coeur Park is VERY heavily trafficked and watched by LE- also at night. There are a couple of side ponds/lakes, and a bridge. Not impossible, but probably not a good place if you’re not wanting victim to be found anytime soon.

As for MO River, you are correct. There are plenty of access areas, trails, parks, and bridges, and little known ways to get to it without being noticed, especially on a day/night where road conditions were terrible, cars stuck on the side of the road, and LE probably preoccupied with dealing with those types of things.

I know I’m not the person you’re replying to, but Creve Coeur Park is VERY heavily trafficked and watched by LE- also at night. There are a couple of side ponds/lakes, and a bridge. Not impossible, but probably not a good place if you’re not wanting victim to be found anytime soon.
As for MO River, you are correct. There are plenty of access areas, trails, parks, and bridges, and little known ways to get to it without being noticed, especially on a day/night where road conditions were terrible, cars stuck on the side of the road, and LE probably preoccupied with dealing with those types of things.
@sarahwithanh :) Thanks for your local input and for your drive thru Jennifer's neighborhood.
At the park, lots of activities & facilities, some year round, some now off season.*
Like you say, not a good place for hiding victim long-term.
But as some posters said, her disappearance has no or few hallmarks of a well planned crime.

------------------------------------------------------
* "Picnic sites and shelters, corporate picnic area, baseball and softball fields, soccer/football field, hiking trails, tennis courts, volleyball courts, bicycle and hiking trails, horseshoe courts, polo field, archery range, playground, fishing, canoeing, and sailing."
"Parks" (PDF). St. Louis County. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-06-25. Retrieved 2010-01-04.

hey hey. i'm local too and have been following the story closely. just want to include a few pieces of info i haven't seen posted here yet.

posts from acquaintances of beau and jennifer have said that:
  • she went out with friends Saturday night, so as far as we know that could be her last confirmed sighting. there was no mention of whether she went to work on Monday, but with it being both Veteran's Day and a poor weather day with lots of snow and ice, it's fairly likely that she didn't go to work. that gives him quite the large window to work with (early Sunday morning through Tuesday afternoon when he reported her missing).
  • they met in engineering school at Mizzou and people who were in undergrad with him there said he was a complete disaster. apparently he had to show up to the ethics committee for a huge hearing due to his rampant cheating. they claim he got caught photoshopping a police report when he said he was in an accident and missed an exam !!!!
    • that says a lot about his character to me. it's clear that he goes above and beyond your average college kid antics. like, yes, people cheat, but not everyone goes as far as making a fraudulent police report. most people draw the line before that but clearly he doesn’t have a line.
  • back when she first went pissing, police told people they didn't want a public search effort. i assumed it was because they already had a feeling where she was and they didn't want people trampling over a crime scene, but at this point it just feels odd. they seem to have nothing and are still searching, so why stop a public search? i grew up there (my high school is on the street where her car was found) and the open areas and woods are pretty well contained by residential homes, so it wouldn't be hard to sweep the area. it's no national forrest.

but it really bugs me that they're not making a more visible effort to find her body. not to be insensitive, but it really wasn't that cold out last week (the snow started melting on Wednesday with temps rising), so it's not like the cops would have been put in super dangerous weather conditions. the more time she's left exposed to the elements, the more difficult it will be for them to determine exactly what happened to her, so i'd hope they'd be motivated to find her remains even if it is just a recovery mission at this point.

maybe they have reason to believe he scattered her remains? that would certainly make a search much more difficult. looking for a bunch of small pieces of evidence vs. one big one would explain the meager search and rescue efforts that we've seen so far. of course, we don't know everything they've been doing, but it's been a week since she was killed and they appear to have no leads on her remains. she needs to be brought home already.

plus i find it hard to believe that this guy hasn't cracked yet. his actions so far scream of unplanned idiocy, and yet he's holding his own with the cops? the same guy who probably had no clue where the cleaning supplies were in the house so he had to go on camera and buy some? i don't see it.

Last edited:
hey hey. i'm local too and have been following the story closely. just want to include a few pieces of info i haven't seen posted here yet.

**********/************ beau and jennifer have said that:
  • she went out with friends Saturday night, so as far as we know that could be her last confirmed sighting. there was no mention of whether she went to work on Monday, but with it being both Veteran's Day and a poor weather day with lots of snow and ice, it's fairly likely that she didn't go to work. that gives him quite the large window to work with (early Sunday morning through Tuesday afternoon when he reported her missing).
  • they met in engineering school at Mizzou and people who were in undergrad with him there said he was a complete disaster. apparently he had to show up to the ethics committee for a huge hearing due to his rampant cheating. they claim he got caught photoshopping a police report when he said he was in an accident and missed an exam !!!!
    • that says a lot about his character to me. it's clear that he goes above and beyond your average college kid antics. like, yes, people cheat, but not everyone goes as far as making a fraudulent police report. most people draw the line before that but clearly he doesn’t have a line.
  • back when she first went pissing, police told people they didn't want a public search effort. i assumed it was because they already had a feeling where she was and they didn't want people trampling over a crime scene, but at this point it just feels odd. they seem to have nothing and are still searching, so why stop a public search? i grew up there (my high school is on the street where her car was found) and the open areas and woods are pretty well contained by residential homes, so it wouldn't be hard to sweep the area. it's no national forrest.

but it really bugs me that they're not making a more visible effort to find her body. not to be insensitive, but it really wasn't that cold out last week (the snow started melting on Wednesday with temps rising), so it's not like the cops would have been put in super dangerous weather conditions. the more time she's left exposed to the elements, the more difficult it will be for them to determine exactly what happened to her, so i'd hope they'd be motivated to find her remains even if it is just a recovery mission at this point.

maybe they have reason to believe he scattered her remains? that would certainly make a search much more difficult. looking for a bunch of small pieces of evidence vs. one big one would explain the meager search and rescue efforts that we've seen so far. of course, we don't know everything they've been doing, but it's been a week since she was killed and they appear to have no leads on her remains. she needs to be brought home already.

plus i find it hard to believe that this guy hasn't cracked yet. his actions so far scream of unplanned idiocy, and yet he's holding his own with the cops? the same guy who probably had no clue where the cleaning supplies were in the house so he had to go on camera and buy some? i don't see it.
^^edit by me

Thanks for your local insight.

Investigators have a good idea of the amount of blood in the home so that's an awful thought that her body may not be intact. Sick, sick.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back