FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor little Lindsey :( I hope they put this old case back on the front burner! p.s. I use to be designated, "a well known member", but when we changed computers over, somehow I lost that designation along the way and had to start over .

I remember you Leomoon, you were a great contributor & poster :)

Horrific Details About 3 Brothers Turned In By A Family Member After Evidence About Missing 10-Year-Old Girl Lindsey Baum Found Along With A Terrifying Abuse & Murder Manifesto

After eight years of looking for Lindsey Baum, Seattle police might finally have some answers.

The disturbing discoveries made at the home of the Emery brothers — Charles Emery, 82, Thoman Emery, 80 and Edwin Emery, 79 — included staggering amounts of child *advertiser censored*, worn children's clothing and underwear, magazine clippings of missing and murdered young girls, toys, movies and a "manifesto" about Satanic rituals, kidnapping, raping and killing girls.
[..]
Police are also vocalizing their belief that they might find some evidence in Baum's case due to the flier they found. The child went missing in McCleary, which about 30 minutes away from the Emery brother's house of horrors.

“The Lindsey Baum case has been and will be a priority until we find closure, or find Lindsey safe. We’ve worked on the case every day in some shape or form,” Sheriff Rick Scott said. There are no other known connections between the brothers and Baum.

Horrific Details About 3 Brothers Turned In By A Family Member After Evidence About Missing 10-Year-Old Girl Lindsey Baum Found Along With A Terrifying Abuse & Murder Manifesto

After eight years of looking for Lindsey Baum, Seattle police might finally have some answers.

The disturbing discoveries made at the home of the Emery brothers — Charles Emery, 82, Thoman Emery, 80 and Edwin Emery, 79 — included staggering amounts of child *advertiser censored*, worn children's clothing and underwear, magazine clippings of missing and murdered young girls, toys, movies and a "manifesto" about Satanic rituals, kidnapping, raping and killing girls.
[..]
Police are also vocalizing their belief that they might find some evidence in Baum's case due to the flier they found. The child went missing in McCleary, which about 30 minutes away from the Emery brother's house of horrors.

“The Lindsey Baum case has been and will be a priority until we find closure, or find Lindsey safe. We’ve worked on the case every day in some shape or form,” Sheriff Rick Scott said. There are no other known connections between the brothers and Baum.

Horrific!

Direct video:
Anvato Universal Player

The remains of missing girl Baum, who disappeared in 2009, were found in September 2017 by hunters, and Baum was identified through a DNA match in follow-up investigation.

Related Headlines
An initial search was done after the remains were found last year, before the first snowfall. Last week, police said the last of the snow in the area had melted, prompting another search.

>>PHOTOS: Lindsey Baum

>>PHOTOS: Crews search canal, sewers in McCleary
Background of the case
Videos released in investigation
In May 2010, the Sheriff’s Office released surveillance video from a Shell gas station in McCleary showing a white truck as well as one of a man who went into the convenience store. It was recorded on the night of Baum’s disappearance. According to the Sky Valley Chronicle.

Police said the man was not a suspect, but they wanted to talk to him as well as the people in the truck, a white Honda Ridgeline, to find out if they saw anything that could help with the investigation.

In October 2011, several search warrants were served at the business, storage unit and home of a man who police said was a person of interest in the case. The man's business was on the route Baum would have taken to get home the night she vanished.

In 2012, authorities released surveillance video from a McCleary minimart, also recorded on the night Baum disappeared. Sheriff Scott said they had the video since the start of the investigation, but didn’t want to release it until they could investigate further.

In the video, two women are seen in the market talking to the person of interest who had told police he was not in McCleary the night Baum disappeared, though the video showed otherwise, MyNorthwest said. Police identified and interviewed the women, who turned out to be sisters from the McCleary area.

Age-progressed photo released in 2013
On June 26, 2013, four years to the day when Baum disappeared, an age-progressed photo done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was released showing what Baum would look like at age 13. Baum's mother, Melissa Baum, helped by contributing photos of herself and Lindsey's father when they were roughly the same age.

>>RELATED: New photo shows what Lindsey Baum, missing since 2009, would look like today (2013)

Baum would now be 19.

In February 2014, the age-progressed photo was added to Gordon Trucking trailers as part of the Washington State Patrol's Homeward Bound Program.

At that time, posters of Baum at age 10 had been traveling around the country on 10 Gordon Trucking trailers since 2010.

See home video of Lindsey below, then scroll down to continue reading.

>>RELATED: Could brothers in life-long sex abuse investigation be tied to missing children?

>>RELATED: Cadaver dogs will join search of 3 brothers' Shelton home in sex abuse investigation

“When we heard of the link to the Shelton property, and its proximity to McCleary, and the nature of the paper work they found at the [Seattle home] … We immediately began to see if there’s anything that would link to our investigation,” Scott told KIRO 7 News last August.
There was a $35,000 reward to find Baum.
Lindsey Baum found: Missing McCleary girl's remains found in Eastern Washington

Could this case be linked?

17 years later, family frustrated with lack of clues in teen's murder

There are a lot of cases that I faintly believe could be connected due to geographical location (Christina White, Heidi Peterson and Stephanie Crane spring to mind), but I included this one first anyway.

I believe the Shelton guys are responsible. I couldn't look at penny loafers for months afterward.

Could this case be linked?

17 years later, family frustrated with lack of clues in teen's murder

There are a lot of cases that I faintly believe could be connected due to geographical location (Christina White, Heidi Peterson and Stephanie Crane spring to mind), but I included this one first anyway.

I believe the Shelton guys are responsible. I couldn't look at penny loafers for months afterward.
keep talking ... I'm quite interested in the shelton-sicko-bros but haven't done any homework yet!

There is a thread, we looked at them in regards to Lindsey's case but couldn't find any links. LE investigated but to my knowledge they have found nothing to link them to her. They searched with cadaver dogs at the Shelton house. Let me see if I can find their thread.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Mother of murdered 10-year-old Lindsey Baum calls for another search for evidence
By Olivia LaVoice
Published 21 hours ago
July 30,2020
McCleary
Q13 FOX

McCleary, Wash. - The mother of Lindsey Baum is calling for more searches of the wooded area of Kittitas County where hunters found a small piece of her 10-year-old daughter’s skull. The fragment was discovered in 2017 more than 100 miles away from where the 10-year-old was kidnapped in 2009 from her hometown of McCleary.
<snipped>

The FBI, and the Kittitas County and Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office say Lindsey’s case is still very active, but they tell us they will not search the area where her skull was found unless new evidence is found. They say the search that was done in 2018 was incredibly extensive. Melissa Baum agrees that crews scoured the area, but still feels strongly that another search could finally give her the answers she desperately needs.

In addition to holding out hope for another search, she’s also hoping that increasing the reward fund could help bring in new tips. Currently the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Lindsey’s killer is $35,000. If you have any information on Lindsey’s case, please contact private investigator Rose Winquist at (206)-229-5055.
Mother of murdered 10-year-old Lindsey Baum calls for another search for evidence

Praying for answers and justice for sweet Lindsey’s mother, all her family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53