GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry I'm late, but I'm here now!

Simply overwhelming news.

I'm soaking up the information as quickly as my head and heart can both absorb them.
Both are so full right now that I can't quite find the words to give voice to either yet.
The words haven't come...but they will.

Fortunately, everyone here is managing somehow to beautifully articulate the significance of this day, this verdict, and in fact this entire case. Every post I read strikes a resonant chord.
Thanks to everyone posting here for finding the words, and sharing them with this group.

As I'm sitting here reading all of today's posts, trying to get take it all in, I'm struck by the profound display of commitment, caring, camaraderie and compassion shown by all of my fellow posters here on this thread.

It's really been an amazing group of posters here on Kelsey's thread.
Always has been a remarkable group...always will be.

"Who's Here for Kelsey?"

We Are.

We Are.

Just lovely.

No truer words...And it looks like some of the Berreths might have been reading here...

Again, on Krystal Lee: "She chose to clean up the mess, destroy evidence and help destroy our daughter's body. We have yet to see any remorse for anything other than being caught," says #KelseyBerreth's mother.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee

More on Krystal Lee: "She shouldn't have received the plea deal that she did. She was an active participant in murder. The only thing she didn't do was swing the bat," says #KelseyBerreth's mother.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
I wholeheartedly agree with CB! Krystal is also a narc, in my eyes. She's angry she got caught. She didn't give one whiff about the Berreth family, their worry, concern or anguish when they knew Kelsey was missing and something was wrong. She's no hero, she's a flipping ZERO in my eyes.

Karma bit her in the butt already, as someone said above about karma coming to her- imagine hearing how Patrick was dating a new woman, as Krystal was cleaning up his mess? Her devotion not only cost her her reputation for life, but she is now the recipient of humiliation of him doing the same to her as he did to Kelsey. If he didn't manage to frame Krystal for her murder, I think she was going to be next in line. There's her karma right there- something she will live with the rest of her life. Karma is served, in my opinion.

I totally understand why the Berreths would be opposed to that plea deal. But I am glad that Dan May used his professional experience to understand it was a necessity. As he says, he had to make a deal with the devil. But number one priority was to lock up Satan himself. Which he did.
Absolutely. Well said. In May's press conference he even said he consulted with a number of other prosecutors before making that plea agreement.

DA May confirmed a deal was never offered to Frazee.

The deal with KK was a deal with the devil.
Yes. ^^^
But of the two evils --they had to choose the worst of the two.
KK has no claim to baby K.

PF was the killer and would have been a threat to baby K's life and/or the Berreth's had he walked.
Even Cheryl has said publicly that she feared PF might kill baby K. before they received custody and while she was in PF's care !
That had to be ghastly to think about. :(
That poor family, worrying for little K.

That's not to say he can't try some further evil from behind bars.
Wouldn't be surprised if ma F. smuggles a phone into his cell.
Imo.

Justice, Kelsey. Rest In Peace.
Thank you so much for going. I know it was last minute and you snuck your phone in but to know you were there for all of us made my heart happy - I couldn’t have thought of a better outcome based on what we had to work with and he’s never getting out - but I do believe he’s so arrogant he will petition for visitation - my hope is this judge will participate in that hearing - his rights need terminated ASAP and CB given the authority to decide who from his family has any contact - they should withdraw their custody petitions but somehow I don’t think they will
JMO

I hope the media continues to follow that investigation. I think they will. MOO
they need to be relentless hounds on this. They need to keep the pressure up. I won't be happy until at least one other is in handcuffs and carted off to jail.

It made my heart pitter patter when Slater said he is still looking for Kelsey's remains. I appreciate how LE is still investigating and searching for her, even though the trial is now over.

I was halfway through the thread and knew the verdict was announced when pressing “next” produced nothing but a stalled progress bar. I jumped to the end less to learn the verdict than to join the celebration.

This is the first case I’ve followed crime to verdict, and I can’t imagine a better place to have done so than here. Or better people to do it with. I learned a ton, had a few laughs and was reminded there are plenty of smart, caring people out there that far outnumber the idiot murderous monsters. Thank you to everyone who participated in the threads, and special thanks to those of you who did the heavy lifting for the rest of us. You know who you are and you know we know. You are amazing!

Sadly, there will be another trial for some other monster who did some unthinkably heinous thing. May justice be as swift and clear as it was today.

In the meantime I hope MSM provides periodic updates as PF’s shrewd genius self-image shatters leaving only scared loser. He has a lot to ponder. The people paid to be in his corner have publicly proclaimed him an idiot. His old best bud who he tried to kill found out and won’t be visiting in prison. His new best-bud used him, then threw him under a bus. A great big bus driven by his mistress. All while Mama sat in the hall. Prison is the perfect place for PF to absorb that everyone around him thinks he’s a dumbass. Buh Bye cowboy.

With luck, KK will have an equally pleasant prison experience.

And my fingers are crossed Mama F has a hard time carving Thanksgiving turkey this year what with those pink handcuffs on her wrists.

I have to say hats off to @GordianKnot!

For as long as I have been reading this thread, GK has absolutely defended Dan May and his team from the beginning and was unwavering in her stance.

After watching him and his team, GK was 100% spot on! Especially with the quick whit and fantastic commentary that I always looked forward to and found quite entertaining at times.

So now, I gotta admit- I’m crushing on DA Dan! Lol

MOO

I’m here, alone and feel like I’m saying goodbye to Kelsey. It’s been a hell of a year, a hell of a ride. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little weepy right now. It’s hard to think she was alive this time last year. Justice was served. I’m proud of my community. It was a very beautiful sunset.
I believe you've given a moving definition of bittersweet. Thanks for all of your efforts with this case -- all the photos and miles from day 1. :(:)

Absolutely!! She doesn't deserve to spend the holidays with her family and friends. She cleaned up the blood of an innocent, beautiful young woman, inside and out, who will never spend holidays with her daughter and family again, in this life. Even if she spends 18 months behind bars, it's not nearly enough. I do hope the consequences of her actions haunt her for the rest of her life but I'm not convinced they will, regretfully. I will NEVER understand the things she did.

After hearing Judge Sells sentencing today, I have hope that he will give her the full 18 months. I have no doubt this is what the prosecution is asking for. She IS a devil.

He can give her three years and I hope he does. I hope something, more, too. Fines, restitution, community service, scrubbing toilets at the Greyhound station, ANYTHING! Pile it on, Judge Sells.

Yes. Kudos to the jury for not being insane and for their hard work and rationality. I’m afraid this experience will haunt them for life.

I wish the sheriff’s department hadn’t worked so hard to protect a convicted murderer from being filmed after verdict. Whose side are they on?

It was sad but necessary for Cheryl to talk about the impact on her family and Kelsey’s sweet child. So hard to hear. And I’m glad she mentioned keeping the baby away from that family that supported a murderer. Hopefully we will hear of another arrest within the Frazee line.

I’m glad the DA talked about how sweet Kelsey was. Poor lady. I’m glad they talked about the sick feeling of having to make a deal with the devil. But thankful they did so. Kelsey’s little girl was protected as a result.

None of us will forget this case or Kelsey.
Did you expect victim impact statements and sentencing to take place immediately after the verdict? For some reason, I was not anticipating that. I guess those victim impact statements had to be prepared, or in Cheryl's case, the letter written in advance. Thank goodness for the Guilty verdict. We expected, but how horrible would it be to have those remarks and letter prepared, then never even get the chance to say.

In other cases I have followed, that usually doesn't take place until several weeks after the verdict. But I'm glad it all happened rapidly in this case.

Would the defendant's family be allowed to give a statement before sentencing (vom)? Doesn't sound like they did, but would that have been allowed? Not like it even matters when it's a life sentence without parole, plus a few hundred extra years. But any case, very glad for no Mama Watts "Son, I forgive you" type theatrics. I imagine that PF would have been given an opportunity to say something before he was sentenced... and once again chose to remain silent. I haven't read anything on that, so just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419